• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No more good games for Wii now?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I noticed following Nintendo policy there is usually

1 Mario Platform Game (Galaxy on Wii)
1 Mario Kart Game (Mario Kart Wii)
1 Good LOZ game (Twilight Princess although there is hope since it was for GCN too)
1 Smash Brothers Game (Brawl)

In fact Nintendo usually just creates one good game for each system and moves on so is the Wii in trouble now?

The last time more then one Mario Platform game was made was for Gameboy and Original NES.

N64 had two LoZ games although MM was not that great.

However, the pattern seems to hold true unfortunately.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
looks that way. I havent seen any great 3rd party games either that have recently come out. There still is Super mario sluggers and a starfox game but after that who knows. A start of a new series??

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I have been less than thrilled with my Wii purchase. Brawl was fun, but after a while, meh. Mario Galaxy is still a fun pick up and play game, but again, meh.

Mario Kart Wii has my eye right now, but I really have no desire to spend more money on a game I may not like.

Best101

Smash Ace

1 Good LOZ game (Twilight Princess although there is hope since it was for GCN too)

In fact Nintendo usually just creates one good game for each system and moves on so is the Wii in trouble now?

The last time more then one Mario Platform game was made was for Gameboy and Original NES.

MM is way better than OOT imo. OOT was ok, but MM was great because you can restart time, and redo the adventure and boss fights when you are much stronger in the game. Also the Gilded Sword and the Mirror Shield in MM had great design

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am not saying current games for Wii are bad or anything. I just think it is annoying that Nintendo seems to make one game for each series on each console. In NES day they made three Mario games. Why not follow the pattern here while the Wii is taking off?

Best101

Smash Ace
I am not saying current games for Wii are bad or anything. I just think it is annoying that Nintendo seems to make one game for each series on each console. In NES day they made three Mario games. Why not follow the pattern here while the Wii is taking off?
Sounds like a good idea for Nintendo to do. Have more Mushroom Kingdom related Mario games for the Wii. They should make a Super Mario Bros. 4 but call it Super Mario Bros. Wii or something, Nintendo can get creative with the name. I just want this one to take place in the Mushroom Kingdom

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm regretting that I bought a Wii. I mean, all the games I have for the system are listed in the first post: Brawl, Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy. I rarely play Brawl anymore and the other two don't have much replay value. Off the top of my head, Animal Crossing Wii is the only title I look forward to. As for Mario Kart, I'm too busy playing GTA 4 right now, but I may pick it up sometime in the distant future.

Meanwhile, I have bought at least 10 games for my 360.

The 3rd party games are mostly garbage. Zack & Wiki and No More Heroes were decent, but those "top-notch" 3rd party titles don't seem like much compared to what the 360 and PS3 are getting. GTA 4, COD 4, Rock Band (A GOOD version, not the stripped down version) and Oblivion come to mind.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I should have bought the PS3. This might echo the doomed Console Wars thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if more Wii owners say the same thing with every release at this point. I won't actually buy it, since I'm satisfied with the 360, but it would've been a better choice than the Wii.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm sure the Wii could come out with great games... they just need to forget about casual players, though.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What about an Mario RPG? (please don't count SPM.)

Plus Animal Crossing Wii is coming. Perhaps it's not everybody's kind of game, but for me, it could make the Wii a good system. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has disappointed me greatly, and it's really sad that I bought the console just for it.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I heard rumours of a Wii-specific Zelda game that's been in development for a while, I can't remember how reliable the source was but I reckon it's probably true, sure the Wii's only a young thing yet.
We've still got Starfox/Donkey Kong/Kirby (maybe?) games to look forward to, hopefully something Pikmin, plus some good proper non-Nintendo titles once the developers realise that the Wii's shifted around a bajillion units and ignoring it is a waste of a goldmine.
The present is admittedly pretty bleak though.. Mario Kart was the first game I've bought since launch and Brawl could well be the last one I get before Christmas.
A good multiplayer FPS along with anything Lucasarts would be nice.:(

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is coming out.

And we can expect to see an F-Zero game (hopefully).

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
This is why I get Nintendo Power. ;)

But I do agree that the action has calmed down quite a it, 2 months after the (long-awaited) release of Brawl, and MKW being the last of the continuing wave of releases of most of the popular, money-making titles. I wouldn't worry too much, though, because Nintendo usually always has a thing or two up their sleeves.

gongbomb

Smash Cadet
There is supposed to be a kirby game for the wii. It was supposed to be for the gamecube but they decided to rebuild it for the wii console. Also, Okami, although a remake, is a really great game for the wii. It's up there with the zelda series. The whole concept of Okami just fits perfectly with the wii controller.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just to add, Disaster: Day of Crisis has been delayed indefinitely now. I was kinda looking forward to that one.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Eh, Nintendo still has Star Fox, Pikmin, F Zero, Kirby, DK and and other new franchise. Also some good third party games are coming out at a better rate than this time last year. I am having agreat tiem with Boom Blox. Mad World looks pretty awesome.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
The Wii would have better crap if it was different from the Gamecube. Geez, I kinda wish I'd gotten a 360 now. The Wii seems like less of a standalone system and more of a prototype for something bigger. On top of that, the competitors will eventually have to turn to motion sensitivity or some such thing to keep up, and by then, Nintendo will have perfected their model of the system.

Eh, theories. Anyway, right now, I can look forward to Force Unleashed, Resident Evil 5, and the rumored Star Fox project. This one better be a good game and not an arcade shooter like Assault.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Also, Nintendo Power is supposedly going to unveil some new super amazing game in the next issue.

So maybe Wii owners will have something to look forward too then? And stop complaining about the Wii being a gimmick, because that's what it is. It was made to entice non-gamers into gaming.

It has a few top-notch games, but with the hardcore gaming crowd, the PS3 or 360 is the way to go.

Kro

Smash Rookie
Not a lot of good new stuff coming out atm, but if all you own are Mario and Zelda games then there's still plenty of other good older titles you probably missed:

Okami
Metroid Prime 3
Trauma Center 1/2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Zack and Wiki
No More Heroes

I've got about 10 wii games now and haven't regretted a single purchase. It's all about maintaining a higher standard of gaming and making the good games last. Then again, anyone who plays fighting games competitively should always have something to do when new games are on a hiatus.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I cannot really think of any more good games wii is going to bring out. Brawl isn't one of the good games wii brought brawl is the worst game so it should be taken off the list :D

antimatter

Smash Lord
one of the games I was looking forward to was Project H.A.M.M.E.R., but that also appears to have been delayed indefinitely. Nintendo needs to make more good games, and not just release them within the first two years of the system. here's to hoping that the Spore spinoff for the Wii is good, because the DS one looks like crap.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Some misinformation in this topic.

Resident evil 5 will not coming to the wii and was never announced that it would, and it probably never will come out on the wii.

There is no resident evil 4 remake on the wii, it is a port with some gameplay differences, a very good port at that.

That being said, the wii and DS was one of the worst purchases I had made in a long time. The gamecube had better games in my opinion. Seems like mario, zelda, smash brothers, etc. were all better on their cube versions than the wii. Nintendo has dumbed down all of their big franchise games and made them very easy so that casual gamers will play something other than wiisports. Funny thing is according to any sales charts i've heard about (and my personal experience in selling my wii games), games outside of wiisports, wiiplay, and wiifit don't sell nearly as well and as steady.

I ended up selling all of my DS and wii stuff. I got a PS3 instead and am very happy with the purchase on several levels. The ps3 actually has a hard drive and lets me do other optional and useful stuff then just 'play games'. That being said, the games are totally awesome on it and more will be coming out for it this year that look great.

If anyone is unhappy with their wii or DS purchase, I suggest converting over to the 'dark side' and grabbing a ps3, you probably won't regret it.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Pikmin 3, new Star Fox, new Donkey Kong and Kirby platformers, new F-Zero...

Nintendo still has some series to shoot out under their belt.

But OMG, PS3 gets GTAIV and MGS4. It doesn't suck anymore!

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Alot of the recent Wii games have been disappointing, but I'm still rooting for Pikmin 3. New Star Fox as well, and anyone heard of The Conduit? New FPS.

LURCHI

Smash Rookie
I really hope, there will be Pikmin 3, it's the most important game for me, I love Pikmin & Olimar :)

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany ;)

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
You can never be too sure. Nintendo could have anything in the works at the moment.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why everyone is getting their hopes up about starfox. When was the last good starfox game?

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
no more heroes and zack and wiki are supposed to be good. Not much third party support for the wii though. I think the controller might turn developers off. It opens doors and yet closes others it seems, although they could always use the classic controller or gc controlelr, but it seems like they always want to incorporate motion sensing into any new game just because it is there, just like the ds and always touching something in almost every game, sometimes when it would be better off to control it normally(starfox command for ds) just because the option is there doesn't mean they have to use it for every game

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I love how everyone is banking on games that have never even been hinted at. Will there be a Pikimin 3? Maybe, but there is absolutely nothing to substantiate that. Nintendo takes AGES for their big named games that usually end up going off the radar after a few weeks. Fact is the Wii doesn't have anything worth renting right now, much less validating a purchase for. I am catching up on all the other games I never bought, but the Wii is not something I am playing regularly, which sucks.

As for all the Conduit hype? It's ridiculous how foolish fanboys are. Do you not remember Red Steel? Hell, even I was hyped at the one because it reminded me of Maken X. Then, it sucked. Horribly. Wait until it's out and in your hands before you get pumped about an FPS for the Wii.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Still Missing
1-2 Star Fox games(N64 had 1 and NGC had 2)
2 LoZ games(Twilight was a port so dunno if it counts as 1 Wii version)
1 Kirby game

And this one articles states that STAR FOX Wii has been in developement for a year already and Miyamoto tested it. Hopefully its true. Miyamoto did say that the NGC Star Fox's suck.

And why the hell is Pit in Brawl any ways? He's there for no reason. Kid Icarus game hint?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I highly doubt that a whole gam platform will stop after only a handful of games original poster...

---

Animal crossing is looking cool.

Top Bottom