• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v3 Results

Radium88

Smash Lord
Holy **** I'm a tard. I didn't add Cameron in my shoutouts.....

Thanks for running this thing. Sorry for all the crap that happened. I'm sorry to read that this will be your last tournament; hopefully you still come to other ones just to make a celebrity appearance. Good luck with your future endeavors without smash.

33: Radium- Stop laughing >:-( Jkjkjkjk about all that :) next time I'll have a real convo with you so you wont be scared when i stand up lol EDIT: wow, after meeting you, i've realized that your avatar is really suggestive XD
Haha I hope so. And isn't it suggestive either way? Why has meeting me made it that much suggestive? (Again, isn't it suggestive either way? :p)

Radium - nice kirby. i was tired saturday night so i couldnt really concentrate real hard when playing you. trust me i hate playing sandbaggers as much as anyone else, and i try to never sandbag in friendlies
Why thanks! I'm glad you are not one of those people!

Radium- It’s nice to see another girl in the Smash community, you’re Kirby seems pretty good. We definitely have to have some more friendlies next time. =D
Most definitely, we are sadly a rare breed. And thanks!

radium - thanks for teaming with me. :) we did well considering the circumstances. the reason why we never talked before is because you are as intimidating as ky says you are, duh. but that won't be the case anymore! i'm glad MO came out despite all the dropouts! :bee:
Eh? Ky said I was intimidating? How the hell am I intimidating? I'm 5'4" and 125lbs and a petite frame...you guys are silly rabbits. Trix are for kids.

Rauleen - Thank you for the brownies. They were very delicious. I will definitely coem to MO next time for your baked goodies.
You are very welcome! And I hope so!

Rauleen - Dang, I really missed out not meeting you at NK2 huh? ;) hahaha I had a lot of fun hanging out with you this weekend! Thanks for driving me around, though i'm telling you Magellan is evil!!! And I wasn't sandbagging >_<. You need to teach me how to grab like that haha I swear you were cheating. Thanks for the brownies :).
Yep yep. You sure did. I'm pretty awesome. Couldn't believe you didn't know I was there :( Magellan only started to act odd when you made that comment. You cursed him! I can't teach what I was born with but maybe if the heart is willing and the mind is strong (yeah yeah I've used this before), Jordan-son, you too can grab like that....wait...you play ICs...wtf are you talking about.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Shoutouts and thinsgs:

7: Mr. Doom: Loved our doubles matches! When you first CPed Delfino that third match, I lol'd. Then was *****. Next time, I'll remember to ban Delfino against Ikes, for sure. You Ike is inspiring.
9: Fogo: You said you saw some of my matches from this weekend in replays? If there is any way could post those to youtube (I hardly ever get to see myself play), that would be absolutely fantastic! Now on to the shoutout...FRICKIN' FOGO MAGIC! Dude, you are possibly the tallest mofo I've ever met. Great to talk to you, I wish we could play ALOT more so I could continue to learn from you. I improved so much this weekend, mostly because of your tips...example: "Dude...teach me the IC's matchup in under five minutes." After you did so, I proceded to play my best against them I ever had, which felt great to do in brackets. You saying I have mad potential and pick stuff up quickly really means alot, I hope I continue to improve. SAT is such a simply thing that I never really stopped to think about it (lolz). It's such a simple, great tool to always be aware of, just like everything else you told me. Thanks for all the great advice! I'll make sure to work on applying it. You're a cool guy, hope we meet again soon! Keep reppin' the King, and see you around!
9: Clel: Great pools matches!
9: Affinity: Nice to see you again!
13: Future: Way to repppppp the STL peeps. Pleasure to play your ICs in brackets.
13: Type Ex: Dude, great pools matches. I thought I had you in BOTH of those ( I know the Falco matchup a bit, I have a friend who plays them well) but you still pulled it out. Fun matches!
13: Holms: Great brackets match! Wish I woulda had your Wolf in that second on Brinstar, soooo close! And your Kirby tore me apart towards the end of that third. You play too many characters :p
17: Domo: Nice seeing you again, nice of you to let so many people chill at your place.
17: Blarg: Great bracket matches, keep it up with the wollfff!
17: Firestorm: Haha, thanks, I hate ICs as D3, but I'm definately getting better at it. Either way, you pretty much wrecked me with them. Nice pools matches!
17: DegynSefer: Thanks for the great housing and the fun friendlies! Keep it up with the Lucario! =)
17: Steeler: Dude, PT too good. Great pools matches, I got off the luckiest fsmash ever that second. I'm curious what you "have for me" next time we play, as you put it. Probably some broken PT combo/grab on the King, but what's new? lol, great talking to you, you're a cool guy.
25: CTX: So glad we met this weekend and played so many friendlies! Your Tink can wreck with those projectiles. Remember: alwas play as gay and campy as possible. It works. :D
25: Tmacc: You're a scrub.
25: Hylian: Nice meeting you, wish Texas and MO would get to play more often!
25: Zeton: Dont worry about it, you had an incredibly unlucky day. Bounce back bro, you're too fun of a guy to look so down :(
25: Stealth Raptor: Such great friendlies and pools matches! They were always so close! Great Pikachu, hope to see you again!
33: Aqua: You are too cool. Glad we got to play in brackets and friendlies after! You Fox is legit and will continue to grow in legitness. And just an FYI to everyone: Jigglypuff's dash attack cancels gordos. =) Can't wait to see you again and play some more friendlies!
33: S-Word: Your Peach is legit, I would play it more, I think she's your best character...nice pools matches!
33: Radium: I had a great time this weekend! Thanks for the ride, and for all the rides before this weekend and after. It's always a good time! :) Keep it up with teh Kirb! And never forget: the Rauleen combo of death! =)

WichitaFC

Smash Rookie
$80 don't know where you got your source from but the con was $30 and there was allot of stuff to do there.

WichitaFC

Smash Rookie
Whats Really Happened

I want to make this very clear to everyone looking at this thread:

We are NEVER hosting NK at Chronicles ever again.

If you went to NKv2, you know how **** well Kansas can run a tournament. Expect it to be waaaaay better next time around. Better venue, more setup, better overall.

I'll keep y'all posted, whenever it comes around.

Nonetheless, this tournament did have some sick sets to watch in-person.

Yep. **** was ridiculous.

First of all I would like to say that I represent Chronicles Entertainment. Second I probably wont check the posts after this due to being busy with other taxes, so if you have any questions email me at WichitaFC@yahoo.com

Steven - AKA Affinity has not been honest with all of you. About 1-2 months ago he apparently told all of you that there would be a bonus pot. Then he came to me and told me he was having a hard time getting people to help donate to the pot and asked me if I would spring some cash so his reputation wasn't tarnished, to help him out of the predicament he placed himself in. I said I would as long as the estimated numbers (100 people) showed up to the convention like he said there would be, There was 35 that were specifically there for the tournament. That number is nowhere near what I was promised for participation. The room that was used from 8am - 5pm by the Smashers and then 7pm -11pm by other events. I am a businessman and an entrepreneur, I believe in honoring the deals I make but I feel that Affinity had no right using my business in such disregard to promise something that was never discussed with me in the first place and then take it out on the convention that so many people have worked so hard to make a great event. I talked with Affinity Sunday about what we could do and even told him we would try and create special convention stickers that could be purchased for $10 next year but the sticker would only allow them to play Smash and nothing else. He seemed fine with that but now I get on here to see how things went and I feel attacked!!!

Chronicles Entertainment and Staff never authorized a bonus pot, we made a deal with Steven that was for 100 people after the fact, we only had 35 people, he seemed OK with a possible reduced amount and said everything was fine (LIED) and now he is making everything seem like it was the conventions fault. MAN UP AFFINITY!!! Chronicles will not be making up for Affinities mistakes, he can provide the bonus pot that he pitched to all of you, and for anyone that traveled very far distances I apologize if it was specifically for the bonus pot.

Sincere apologies
Chronicles Entertainment
WichitaFC@yahoo.com

The S Word

Smash Cadet
This was a lot of fun, despite its faults. It went slow on the first day, but the second day was really well-run. Thanks to Inferno/KY/Affinity/Frag/whoever else for all their hard work in running this.

Firestorm: I can't believe we end up in the same pool every time lmao. I was glad though, it's still really fun to play you. We'll play again some time.

Trent: I watched your friendlies with Hylian before we played. I'm glad I got to play you, you've got a really nice Sonic. I had no idea what to do against you lol. Like you said, laser would have helped, but you totally outplayed me.

Dojo: ****, our first game was what, 50 seconds? You're an amazing player, it was really cool that I got to play you.

TMacc: Thanks, she exists to protect my Wolf from the Penguin. Fun, close games in pools and friendlies. Your Dedede is good, it was fun watching your matches with him. You kept with him even though he had so many bad matchups in our pool.

Stealth: Amazing Pikachu. When I picked Wolf, I was praying you didn't know how to buffer the grabs lol. So fun to watch, though. Your consistency with it was beautiful, both on me and on everyone else.

TypeEX: Great Falco, easily one of the most unique I've seen. I never knew his f-smash could be so good lol. You blasted away so many people with that thing. Your chaingrabs were always so fancy too.

Steeler: I was worried about your Squirtle, but Charizard ended up giving me the most trouble lol. You were really cool, I'm glad I got to play you this time.

Mr. Doom: Your matches were easily the most entertaining of the entire tourney. You're too good, even though you suck.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
@WichitaFC - My post had absolutely nothing to do with the bonus pot, nor was I attacking you, or the convention, in any way.

But since you brought it up, I don't think it's fair to pin it all on me. I'd like to talk about this in person sometime soon; this isn't the place.

From your post, its really sounds like there was a huge miscommunication. I've been 100% truthful with everyone the entire time.

I'll call you sometime this week.

fragbait

Smash Master
Quick shoutouts if it matters xD:

Trent: Dude, you are too legit. Thanks for making the breakfast run Saturday and just being an all around cool guy. Hope to see you again.

Hylian: **** dude, why you gotta **** my buddy Gotan so hard xD JK, good to see you bro.

Dphat, DMG, Bear, UTD, Bassem: Awesome to see you all again. We missed our friendlies again, DMG! Next time I suppose.

Radium: Great to meet you. Maybe next time we should actually play.

TypEx: Where were you at dude? There was this other dude that look a lot like you and he called himself DPhat JR. Any relation?

Inferno/Affinity/KY: Thanks for holding things down and running this tourney. I had a great time, even though I didn't get to do much.

Ally: Gratz on the win dude. See you at Columbus!

Dojo: ****, I missed you dude! Friendlies next time around, aight?

Le Thien: Good to meet you, I'll be ready for you next time.

Everyone I played: Thanks for the matches!

More will come to mind as the day goes on, so if I left you out, just hit me with a PM. Thanks for coming guys! I know that a lot of people may have had issues with a Con fee, but I'm glad you all showed anyway. People like you guys are the reason that the ICT even has tourneys, so I hope to see you all at the next one!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yep yep. You sure did. I'm pretty awesome. Couldn't believe you didn't know I was there :( Magellan only started to act odd when you made that comment. You cursed him! I can't teach what I was born with but maybe if the heart is willing and the mind is strong (yeah yeah I've used this before), Jordan-son, you too can grab like that....wait...you play ICs...wtf are you talking about.
Exactly, I would never lose XD.

First of all I would like to say that I represent Chronicles Entertainment. Second I probably wont check the posts after this due to being busy with other taxes, so if you have any questions email me at WichitaFC@yahoo.com

Steven - AKA Affinity has not been honest with all of you. About 1-2 months ago he apparently told all of you that there would be a bonus pot. Then he came to me and told me he was having a hard time getting people to help donate to the pot and asked me if I would spring some cash so his reputation wasn't tarnished, to help him out of the predicament he placed himself in. I said I would as long as the estimated numbers (100 people) showed up to the convention like he said there would be, There was 35 that were specifically there for the tournament. That number is nowhere near what I was promised for participation. The room that was used from 8am - 5pm by the Smashers and then 7pm -11pm by other events. I am a businessman and an entrepreneur, I believe in honoring the deals I make but I feel that Affinity had no right using my business in such disregard to promise something that was never discussed with me in the first place and then take it out on the convention that so many people have worked so hard to make a great event. I talked with Affinity Sunday about what we could do and even told him we would try and create special convention stickers that could be purchased for $10 next year but the sticker would only allow them to play Smash and nothing else. He seemed fine with that

but now I get on here to see how things went and I feel attacked!!!

Chronicles Entertainment and Staff never authorized a bonus pot, we made a deal with Steven that was for 100 people after the fact, we only had 35 people, he seemed OK with a possible reduced amount and said everything was fine (LIED) and now he is making everything seem like it was the conventions fault. MAN UP AFFINITY!!! Chronicles will not be making up for Affinities mistakes, he can provide the bonus pot that he pitched to all of you, and for anyone that traveled very far distances I apologize if it was specifically for the bonus pot.

Sincere apologies
Chronicles Entertainment
WichitaFC@yahoo.com

So you expected to fit 100 people in that room?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Holy **** I'm a tard. I didn't add Cameron in my shoutouts.....

Thanks for running this thing. Sorry for all the crap that happened. I'm sorry to read that this will be your last tournament; hopefully you still come to other ones just to make a celebrity appearance. Good luck with your future endeavors without smash.
Haha no worries. I'll forgive you since you're an overly nice person.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Exactly, I would never lose XD.

So you expected to fit 100 people in that room?

didnt we fit like 30-40 ppl in that small room we used for LF and GF? lol. the only annoying thing was that girl yelling, I wanted to spank that hoe.

and the fights in the middle of the room were also taking some room. it would have fit 100 ppl though.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I had an alternate setup floor plan we could have used if we pulled more, but we only used one wall and still fit about 45 people, so yeah, we could have easily did 100 in there if I had to.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

Fogo- FOGO MAGIC! Man you are pretty much the **** fogo. I had an awesome time teaming with you :D And that impression of ally punching somebody was too good xD Fun carpooling with you!

Tom-Oh my god, I was was nervous when it was just you and me and I got so lucky that you went for that spike haha xD Great games man. I feel your pain about losing to allys falcon xD

Hydra/the artist formerly known as aqua- It was nice meeting you! :D Your fox upsmashed me :( haha You have got potential! Great games and nice contacts lol.

Domo/zeton- Thanks for housing me! Fun friendlies zeton.

Clel- Nice job avoiding every single one of my dacuses haha xD Your mk is legit.

Ally- Man, youre too good. Those were some awesome friendlies that we played at domo's place and I beat you in metal falcon dittos so that means that my falcon is better haha :D Thanks for showing me how gay the falcon wario MU is. We should team sometime!

Dojo- Man those were some awesome games we played. Youre meta knight has gotta be 2nd best in the country! Dont worry about ally, both of us will get him next time xD

Paul/fk- Thanks for your support as usual, and thanks for getting me that mtn dew haha :D

Hanson- Thanks for trying to help me keep my cool and talking strats with me :)

Dphat- Had some great games with you and dmg, youre meta knight has definitely got potential. Thanks for all the tourny sets we played up until now. Gave me good mk experience and I couldnt have taken a set of dojo without it :) Fun carpooling with you!

Dmg- Get some more of that mango tea so I can try it man haha. Thanks for agreeing to cosign me as the #1 wario if we make a wario PR :D Go wario against razer next time! haha. Fun carpooling with you too!

Razer- We need to get some friendlies next tourny we both go to at the very least man!

Ratman- Your snakes got potential dude. Keep playing the game and getting better and you will hopefully do as well as ally and razer one of these days! Fun friendlies btw.

Affinity/Infernorage- Fun tournament for the most part!

Hylian- I think I can take your game and watch now. I WILL defeat your ice climbers next time we play :p!

UTD zach- Fun friendlies! You helped me better understand the game and watch matchup. That was funny when you were trying to show chuck nasty the matchup and I started winning haha xD

Chuck Nasty- Wheres the forward smash?!?! Haha xD

Steeler- Keep training with wario! Next time we both go to a tourny, I'll be sure to play some friendlies with you and give you some tips :)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
you didn't let him tech chase you, stuff just kind of happens when it's ally...lol

anyway yeah tom that was me. i was like

"maybe if i delay it a little longer...THIS time i'll be okay"

nope. lol.

@bassem: sweet, thanks dude. i'll be looking forward to it and watching your vids in the meantime.

anyway, NK was kind of a mess behind the scenes, but DO NOT WORRY guys. wichita is more than capable of hosting another 100+ regional tournament, and that's what you should all expect when NK4 comes around. we'd love to see you all here again.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ky move to texas already <3..

bassem6

Smash Lord
Special shoutout to KY: Nice meeting you sir and good job ****** me in street fighter. You seem like a pretty cool guy :D

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
and ky deserves special props for manning up about the pot bonus, when he had no reason to do it and wasnt even the person who should have been responsible for it. <3 ky no homo

Teh Future

Smash Master
whateva no one in texas bakes for you.

and hylian I still think ya'll wear cowboy hats pretty sure everyone dresses like this:

also ky I realised I left you out if that counts for anything LOL good stuff cool cat I hope you stick around at tourneys cuz ur super chill and stuffff

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Ky: She Don't Need That Stock! Look She Don't Give A S***. Ah Look She Going Thug Life On You Now!

Lmao Ky you know you're my favorite. x] And all the hugs were great thankyou. :)

Top Bottom