• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v2 - Oct. 24th Wichita,KS (MW-W Championship) Pre-register now!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Pre-Register to help ensure you'll get proper seeding and housing!

http://nokoasttournament.webs.com/

It's Back! Kansas hosts smash for our friends in the Southwest and Midwest!

Saturday October 24th
Wichita, KS

Venue And Start Time:

Wichita, Kansas
3151 Penstemon St

Upstairs of the Northrock Theater in Wichita. We have massive room and can do pretty much whatever we want with it. We'll be updating this topic with pictures of the floor space as soon as we can just to give everyone an idea of what it looks like.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091445a.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091445b.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091446.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091447.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091445.jpg

Start time is currently 9am for Registration with the tournament starting at 10.

Entry Fees:

* $10 Entry for Singles

* $5 Venue Fee (Waved if you bring a setup)

* $10 Entry for Teams ($20 per team)

* NO REFUNDS!!! It messes up the pot amount.

Prizes:

* 60/30/10 Pot Split

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Double Elimination

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals are best of 3 matches. All finals are best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Meta Knight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. Anyone caught using it to lengthen the distance of Dimensional Cape will automatically lose that game to their opponent.

* If the game ends with a suicide, the winner will be determined by percentage. This includes Swallow-cides, Ganon-cides, Wario-cide, and Bowser's Koopa Claw.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stage List​

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)

Counter-Pick

Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Brinstar
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

_____________________________________________​

Side Events:

Blazblue
Tekken 5: DR
Street Fighter 4
Melee
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Terrible Fighting Games
and maybe even more!

One of the events we'll be holding is a "terrible fighters" tournament in which participants will compete in some of the worst fighting games ever made, all for the right of playing Shaq Fu in Grand Finals. My God.​

Concessions will be available at the venue, but plenty of restaurants and QuikTrip are right next door as well, and outside food and drink are allowed.

For questions please call either me or Affinity at one of these numbers:

Affinity________(316) 390-4741
The Real Inferno____(316) 522-2788

Concerning the Championship: I'll be updating more of that info here soon. Basically due to a -wide- point spread, it's practically anyone's game to take the championship and all the money. The Circuit points will be worth -DOUBLE- the usual so keep that in mind. Just because you weren't in the running before, you can still win provided you place high enough

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Confirmed Participants!

Kansas
The Real Inferno
Affinity
Domo
KY
Karmacide
Ratman
Holms
Mr. Doom
ChaosTheoryX
Aqua
4rce
Royal Nynja
Clel
Zeton
Zero
Fino
StealthRaptor
MJG
Steeler
Bojangles
DegynSefer
VST
Supergamer
C-phonics
Frank the Foot
Xion
Bouss
Fragbait

Oklahoma
Po Pimpus
Type Ex
Sars Pirate
Zinth
FK
Chuck Nasty
Bassem
Afrotastic

Texas
UTD Zac
Dojo
Jerm
Fogo
Dphat
DMG
Ultimate Razor
Sethlon
Gnes
BadNewsBear
Xyro
Esca
Hylian

Missouri
ASC
Nicole
MetalMusicMan
Amazing Ampharos
Future Wrestler
Thinkaman
Kit
Jordan

New Mexico/Utah
Dekar
Tarmogoyf
Sinz
3-4 other guys

Iowa
Joker
Razor
JLO
Blank
CBK

Michigan/Other nothern MW
Anther
Judge
Lain
Ripple
Fatal

Wisconsin/Minnesota
Wafles
Sago
Hunger
4-5 Minnesotans

HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS
Currently, I'm still getting people's allotted numbers confirmed for how many they can pack. Right now I'm going to be putting Texas, Michigan and New Mexico as my top priorities. If you aren't from those locations, I may be changing you around at will for a while as I try to make room for my priority housing.

The Real Inferno
The Rest of Texas
Michigan
Oklahoma
ASC's Group
Iowa

Domo & KY
New Mexico
Dphat's group

Affinity
StealthRaptor's Group

Steeler
St Louis

Degyn Sefer
The rest of Kansas City​

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Can I get the address for the venue please? I adding this to the Southwest Travel Plans group:

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1144
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...HD3MYP&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

It's being held in the upstairs of the theater. It's a HUGE space that can fit over 100 people and has nearly 100 outlets. It allows outside food or drink and we can stay there as long as we need to to finish the tournament.

We're ****ing stacked this time around.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'm interested in coming but it being 2 days hurts me since I have school...unless I decided to buy a plane ticket or something....just no sure.

I'll look into it.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
This isn't going to be a Saturday-Sunday tournament. Don't worry.

We're going to finish this Saturday night, maybe Sunday EARLY morning (12am-1am).

Did I mention there's a Hooters across the street?

:D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll see if I can go to this, assuming I win some money from HOBO or the College Station tournament.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Cameron, don't forget to put "Wichita, KS" in the title somewhere.

Also, try replacing the title in the OP with this:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
hype

steven you could consider starting the tournament in the afternoon on friday and finishing up on saturday if it means better attendence. if we run it as well as oh snap, it shouldn't be a problem no matter when we host this since both doubles and singles were over by early saturday afternoon.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol, Friday would lower attendance. I probably have school Friday.

If its a Saturday event only, then it increases my chance by a lot.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Right now it's going to be a Saturday Tourney that will go all day saturday into Sunday morning if we have to (I doubt it). We might do some stuff on Sunday with the venue if we can, but for Brawl, consider it Saturday only as far as your travel plans go.

lol MJG: MvC2 is huge dude. It's an incredibly popular fighter. We might have it there. I'll think about it.

Nicole

Smash Champion
This better either have laser tag or a rave. Otherwise I have absolutely no interest.

MJG

Smash Hero
Right now it's going to be a Saturday Tourney that will go all day saturday into Sunday morning if we have to (I doubt it). We might do some stuff on Sunday with the venue if we can, but for Brawl, consider it Saturday only as far as your travel plans go.

lol MJG: MvC2 is huge dude. It's an incredibly popular fighter. We might have it there. I'll think about it.
Ok my bad.

Hypehypehype

*School time*

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
as much as the terrible tournament sounds hilarious, I have to decline

sadfaice
Why can't you make it?

EDIT: Cameron, we're going to have to talk about the stage list today. There are a few changes that I really think need to be made.

Top Bottom