• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Johns July 2nd ... RESULTS!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
Doubles

1: Alukard + jman ($56.00)
2: zhu + hax ($16.00)
3: nando + eggm ($8.00)
4: g$ + hbk
5: lazy + JC
5: Twebb + rykard
7: sword + young min
7: kite + gkoops

Singles

1: eggm ($150.00)
2: jman ($75.00)
3: zhu ($25.00)
4: hax
5: abate
5: nintendude
7: niko
7: twebb
9: nando
9: crismas
9: copycat
9: g$
13: ILM
13: capsmuckers
13: rykard
13: pengie
17: kite
17: oneg
17: cmac
17: zim
17: mytummyhurts
17: pyro
17: lazy
25: gkoops
25: jc
25: sword

Alukard

Smash Hero
SHOUTOUTS!!!!!! i dont do these often so ... SWAG!

omfg .... why dont ya talk smack more often ... it makes me wanna ask g$ to get me my cube back ... and actually play ..... ANYWAYYYY .... maddd salty by getting FD IC'z (HBK WHERES MY PACIFIER ?!) ... no homo

1: eggm - how u win the tourney and get bopped like that ... its a fact that OTG kill spacies on pkmn now
2: jman - get carried again scrub ... losing to eggm and *****
3: zhu - haha ... hax told you that u guys needed to prep for me in doubles ... i have GODLIKE reactions and awareness ... pshhh WC nigaz dont KNO!
4: hax - i love you bro ... please dont john - at genesis and dont get salty ... stay focused and relaxed and confident and u'll definitely reach your goal lil bro! <3 ( also get ****ed up in teams ) LOLOLOLOL
5: abate - why are you getting 5th with luigi ? ... and straight booty **** ... keep it up people like you is what the scene needs ... not old has been like me (and i never won anyway ^_~)
5: nintendude - F D ..... REALLY ?!?!?!?! ... RAWR ... sooo tight LOLOLOLOLOL u lucked out this time ^______-
7: niko - stop killing urself and u completely forgot everything i taught u about that match up from those matches at tommy's lololol ... ur getting really good/smart yo keep that **** up
7: twebb - hahaha u beat g$ .... hahahaha.... good **** ... next time get top 3 son ... remember all the gay **** i told u to focus on and u'll be broken TRUST MEEEEE
9: nando - nadeezy ... when are we teaming papa !? i need that falcon love ... no homo
9: crismas - <3 u cris ... good **** in crews and in bracket!!!!! its cuz i backed it up for you hahaha ^_-
9: copycat - good **** ... next time get a partner before hand -___- LOLOLOL
9: g$ - get ***** in the butt by twebb .... hahahaha ur supposed to be at least a semi og with us ...kids
13: ILM - good **** bro i'm hearing good things about you
13: capsmuckers - keep it up!!!
13: rykard - you u control falco well ... now u gotta focus on when to approach and how to limit options as u do it ... but i know it doesn't sound as fun as just going nutz ... keep it up!
13: pengie AKA RED HAT!!! good **** man ... u made it to draft crews!!!
17: kite - i didn't get to see u play in singles but keep it up!!!
17: oneg -i didn't get to see u play in singles but keep it up!!! and just check the thread i update it with more then a week or two in advance!!
17: cmac- i didn't get to see u play in singles but keep it up!!!
17: zim- i didn't get to see u play in singles but keep it up!!!
17: mytummyhurts - sucks u had to leave bro ... but thanks for coming!
17: pyro - ROY ?!?! ... also i hope u dont let my biased opinion about the game deter u from playing it ... cuz i really do love it ... i just can't deal with the playstyles in singles ... too campy and passive aggressive for my taste
17: lazy - i didn't get to see u play in singles but keep it up!!!
25: gkoops - i didn't get to see u play in singles but keep it up!!!
25: jc - i didn't get to see u play in singles but keep it up!!!
25: sword - yo man ... u can't be getting last yo ... u gotta defend TOY WIZ!!!! ...

and anyone i missed thanks for coming out !!!!

special shouts to d1 ... get at my peter parker and dantizzle ... i told u after ECT i was hitting that lab!!!

and otg ... i love you bro ... definitely think about the game just like i do and remind me of myself ... haha low tier just wanna chill have fun ... true homie !!! <3

hbk ... u gay LOLOOLOOLOLOL we should team again ... this time we wont fight ganon and peach ... madd unfortunate >_>

anyone else.... GGz get ***** ... come back ... get better ... NO JOHNS!

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
1. eggm- legit
2. jman- good picks for crews :p
3. zhu- i forgot to play you, teach me how to not suck...
5. abate- you're way too legit
5. nintendude- didn't get to play you, but gj
7. niko- played you once, show me how to marth better.
7. twebb- i will inevitably play you at every single no johns. ggs.
9. nando- step it up, you're better than this :p
ILM- i'm getting tired of writing shoutouts
smuckers- blah blah blah
rykard- ggs blah blah blah
zim- sorry about the accidental fake tourney set
pyro- failure
alu- i play really gay and campy. so hypothetically, you should hate how i play. I just thought it was ironic how you were complaining about chain grabbing (something guaranteed and you can't get out of) and then started talking about the glory of mvc where its just death combos the whole time. in conclusion, i <3 DI.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
1: eggm-u aint neva pickin crews again u r banned lol good job winning
2: jman-my controller failed u lol i got 1 for u so u can stop running ppls stuff
3: zhu- wished i was on ur level ur understanding of the game is great
4: hax- u **** but r u ready for 3 pichus?????? naw lol
5: abate- gonna miss u dude
5: nintendude- dammit soooo close but im getting there hopefully ill beat u next we meet
7: niko-so smart mad smooth
9: nando-stop beating me i dont understand falcon at all
9: crismas-9th is beast congratz
9: g$-dam i didnt **** u let it be known but ur last stock i took u for all u had lol(nick cannon shirt)
13: rykard- ur getting there ill help u get to where u need 2 be
17: pyro-the 1x u dont get 4 stocked by me is the 1 time u 0 to death in front of every1 doin it up where it count
gg'z to all and d-block da bess
ps- in like a year ill be getting top 3 all day let it be known

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I took a stock off of Eggm once... Good times...

Good **** Egg.

Alukard

Smash Hero
alu- i play really gay and campy. so hypothetically, you should hate how i play. I just thought it was ironic how you were complaining about chain grabbing (something guaranteed and you can't get out of) and then started talking about the glory of mvc where its just death combos the whole time. in conclusion, i <3 DI.
BAHAHAHAHA ... in no way in hell was i talking about mvc ... i was talking about traditional fighters ... and you do not play gay ...you play roy lolol ... cmon bro stop trollin'

niko u betta then dis cmon son!!!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
BAHAHAHAHA ... in no way in hell was i talking about mvc ... i was talking about traditional fighters ... and you do not play gay ...you play roy lolol ... cmon bro stop trollin'

niko u betta then dis cmon son!!!
u need not worry me niko otgenius r in the lab we tryna take ova son

Eggm

Smash Hero
1: eggm ($150.00)
2: jman ($75.00) - Your crew was overpowered, but it was still so fun.
3: zhu ($25.00) - Your way better than I thought. Sooo smart.
4: hax - Was so high.
5: abate - Has the best luigi ever I think you are the next axe. So consistently impressive I hope you stick with luigi. Breathe of fresh air in the community for real. Some of that luigi **** you were doing was NASTY!
5: nintendude - If you get your grab combos to Fly's status you will be up there in the money.
7: niko - Your right. Fake. Lol, nah you are getting better though.
7: twebb - Combo harder.
9: nando - Kept kneeing me in teams. Thx for getting me free teams entry last minute though. :)
9: crismas - The commentary on you vs zhu was... hilarious..
9: copycat - You suck for not getting 4 stocked by abate!!!
9: g$ - Most hilarious man in melee entertainment today. Wouldn't be nearly as fun without you.
13: ILM - ...
13: capsmuckers - ...
13: rykard - Legit falco!! Keep it up. Was a bit scared in teams.
13: pengie - ...
17: kite - ...
17: oneg - That monitor/TV thing was strange! I hope it doesn't lag i'll give it a proper test next time.
17: cmac - ...
17: zim - ...
17: mytummyhurts - ...
17: pyro - Divine Forward b spacing in crews... roy too good.
17: lazy - ...
25: gkoops - ...
25: jc - ...
25: sword - ...

Alukard - Thanks for hosting was really really fun. Haven't laughed like that in a long time. Good call with crews over amateur bracket.

HBK - You are just as hilarious as G. Come more often. :) New Jersey!!

Edit : Omg Almost forgot.
D1 - "You want me to play firsT? Ok let me just get a warmup game." *Sits down to play some one* "Your going up against G$ first." *pulls out controller* "nvm i'm ready" LOOOOL. Too funny.

Rykard

Smash Ace
1: eggm ($150.00) - it's a shame i didnt knock you into losers when we played cause i could have prevented this from happening lol. But seriously man good job today cause you definitely deserved it. You are very tricky to play against and punished way too hard for me to keep up with. You may also be the worst Draft Crews captain of all time
5: abate - the most interesting guy to watch at these tournaments and always full of surprises. Good luck at genesis and ggs in friendlies. i think you gotta tilt your shield up more when you are blocking cause i kept poking you somehow
5: nintendude - Mike! good seeing my college buddy as always. Your gonna take down jman next time cause 3rd times the charm right? i think you gotta just get used to the trash talk more and not get nervous cause all the people that matter are rooting for you
7: niko - always good seeing you. I got boied in the one game we played so im gonna try to not let that happen again lol.
7: twebb - Thanks for driving me as always and good job beating G$. I'm gonna teach you how to DI out of the IC's grabs next time we play so mike doesn't have as easy as a fight as he did.
9: nando - i feel like i only ever get to play you in teams matches so we should change that sometime
9: crismas - despite sitting next to you for like half an hour with abate, we still didnt get to play!
9: copycat - Good set. Im coming for you next time though cause i know i can take you on :p
17: pyro - i think you've reached a point where you need to either pick roy or marth cause despite being very similar, they are extremely different and i think that messes you up. Good games though in tournament and in the crew battle. I hate randall
17. zim - Work on your zoning game with samus cause you can't let a falco walk all over you. also practice Up-b out of shield cause i think if you did that more, our matches would have been closer

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Didn't enter the tourney (just played friendlies) but had a hella good time. I think I'm confident enough to enter next time lol.

Max?

Smash Champion
Alukard's shoutouts are hilarious, in fact pretty much everything about yesterday was hilarious. It's too bad that we don't play a real game, we only have two buttons man! WTF, **** is so bad. Why the **** are we even wasting our time? I just wish I played a real game that was sponsored by some ****ty company like MLG or something, because then maybe we'd mean something.

Time to go mash fierce punch.

Shoutouts:

To myself - for ending the crew battle a little preemptively.
T.Webb - "DARKSALT" The T.Webb combo video. The tightness wave coming through the Northeast.
Alukard - Thanks so much hosting my man, you're the homie and I won't forget how you helped me yesterday, even if I will troll you mercilessly for the tightness that ensued last night.
Everyone I played - GG's
HbFAKE/G$ - made the tournament yesterday. With all our **** talk combined, how did the other crew think they had a chance to win. "My quadruple shine doesn't work vs. otg, DOES NOT COMPUTE" LOLL
TFS/FNNNA/TIN/Westchester - we're all so ****ing good
The Little Rascals - my ****
abate - DRUNKEN MARIO BROTHERS. We in there! I'll let you know if we're playing before you leave for Pittsburgh.

See y'all next time.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
17: pyro - i think you've reached a point where you need to either pick roy or marth cause despite being very similar, they are extremely different and i think that messes you up. Good games though in tournament and in the crew battle. I hate randall
honestly, the problem isn't that i need to pick one or the other. the problem is a hole in my game. i have problems at a couple of points in the game that i haven't solved yet.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Shouts to T-Webb for being a beast, and being the target of my Super Skrull status combo that made no sense.

I'll do more shoutouts later. *****s forgot about me, it seems.

Alukard

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHAHA .... this no johns was awesome ... i wish this month wasn't packed with things for me to do -___- ... well we have august

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I feel like I learned a buttload at this tourny.

Still kinda salty about the last matches but I guess I could've easily just lost by worse, so I'll just try again next time.

Good stuff Eggm for ****** Jman LOL. You do fantastic things with tech stuff, just stop losing to Docs, you're making everyone else look bad.

Whenever I hear otg, I just think Original Thug Gangster.

Abate

Smash Journeyman
This one was really fun I'm really gonna miss everyone when I move... draft crews was hilarious. I'll definitely make it back to nanuet tournaments in future

alu-thanks so much for organizing these
eggm - congrats on the win I'm glad you decided to go to genesis we gotta represent jersey
jman - you ***** crews lol
zhu - thanks so much for all the practice I really felt myself getting better at this one
hax - my heart is still beating irregularly from our sets. so intense and so much fun
nintendude - sweet matches
niko - ggs we gotta play more friendly's next time
twebb - sorry we didn't get to play.. good **** in bracket we should team sometime
nando - close ****in set.. your comeback on kongo was crazy haha
crismas - nice playing with you if you ever bring those stickers I'm buying like 20 lol
copycat - GG looking back we could have teamed, sheik/luigi would have been interesting
g$ - we didn't get to play but I'll definitely have people over for smash before genesis
ILM - you got A LOT better since the last time I played you that marth is starting to get scary
capsmuckers - don't think I got to play you this time
rykard - good matches and thanks for that video. definitely learned from that
pyro - nice roy! forward B was doing work
r00r - that sucks you couldn't enter lol it was good to see you though

otg - I'm putting this in writing to make it official:
I, Stephen Abate, will somehow arrange an open bar venue within the next 4 years for the biggest drunk smashfest to ever occur in the history of mankind.
Good **** in crews and next time we gotta enter doubles.

Max?

Smash Champion
Good stuff Eggm for ****** Jman LOL. You do fantastic things with tech stuff, just stop losing to Docs, you're making everyone else look bad.
Why you mad?

otg - I'm putting this in writing to make it official:
I, Stephen Abate, will somehow arrange an open bar venue within the next 4 years for the biggest drunk smashfest to ever occur in the history of mankind.
Good **** in crews and next time we gotta enter doubles.
When this day happens, the world will end. And you know I'm always down to get that Mario Brothers going. PEOPLE DONT KNOW.

Niko45

Smash Master
Eggm - Nah, I'm actually pretty god damn immaculate. I will beat you some day. Good thing OTG had my back. TFS always gets the last laugh.

Zhu - I really don't know what to say

Jman - THE homie. best crew captain, immaculate trade for otg, and definitely turning up the swag in those teal glasses

Hax - We need to stop being fake and actually play each other

Nintendude - you ****, not gonna lie, it's pretty unpleasant, but I respect it

Abate - the realest ***** on planet earth son. I'm mad jealous of how good you have gotten in such a short time span. Do it real big at genesis homie, they ain't ready.

twebb aka TNIG aka Dark Salt - you are a super hero

Nando - glad we got a solid amount of games in. you keep getting better and better at that matchup

crismas - good set, always scary to play your peach

otg - my *****, you know what's good. First Forward, then Eggm. Who's next?

hbFAKE - tight tanight, you a Lebron fan now? Good to see you out tho homie, keep on swagging

Tommy - Dark Salt just changed the metagame

DBloc - "playing scrubs is really hard"

Pengie

Smash Lord
This was pretty fun; it was nice t play people from outside of Fl and get a feel for how other regions play. GGs to everyone I played!!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm awful at shoutouts loooool but I just gotta.

1: eggm: play marvel, you play characters/games that are 10x more difficult, I know you can learn marvel haha, dip.
3: zhu: Ah, next time I hope to give you a better set. Crowds = focus broken loooool, I'm awful.
4: hax: GL at Genesis Aziz!
5: abate: GG in friendlies! Mad fun.
5: nintendude: You did sooo good at this, ****.
7: niko: **** set. We gotta play more often.
7: twebb: Keep ish up, let's play friendlies next time, yes?
9: nando: WTF I barely spoke to you the whole time.
9: crismas: Dip. Your shoutouts suck.
9: g$: DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!
13: rykard: Dude, next time let's just find a TV and play :D

D1: Thanks for the ride home<3dabess
Brian: <33 awesome tourny as always. Draft crews FINALLY happened, added so much fun to everything. Those have to happened more often.

D1

Banned via Administration
I came hella late, but had a blast! Definitely great seeing everyone again! Shoutouts to my Steve Irwin outfit.

Crews hella HYPE! MvC3 was hella hype, and everything else that followed was beast! I'm still happy I got to enjoy the tourney before it ended.

Tristate Melee is the best Melee! Hope to see everyone soon! I might wanna start practicing again after that humbling experience! Too much MvC3 #JohnzinaNoJohnsthreadLOL

Top Bottom