• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Johns August 6th RESULTS ... 50+? Oh yea melee is back!

Alukard

Smash Hero
OK first off !!!! I feel terrible too about the whole people dropping out of singles and stuff. Its just really a double edge sword because people just constantly take advantage of me being a nice guy. Of course I could be that guy that does everything like a jerk and DQ people but i do not like being that dude. It really sucks that people dropped from singles and just stayed after they dropped anyway. That was the weirdest thing ... 10-15 people dropped that stayed all the way till like L5 bracket and winners semis. Not to be mean but they probably would have gotten their singles games in and got the tourney exp they were looking for and still left at the same time. I was thinking that maybe they were getting beat so much in friendlies >_>. tristate bullies LOL?! Either way I truly am sorry ... i try to cater to all ... but in the end i guess its all who pay for it -___- ... i'll try and figure something out for the next one. I got some ideas and I really hope to see everyone again If we can get this to be just as big or even bigger then I can get the whole venue. We just need a good confirmation from people so i can fix up the place the night before just like i do for ROMs ... and it must be as big so that we can set up the space for his magic drafts that happen all day and other yugioh events and such.

THANK YOU ALL WHO CAME ... oh and chain ace ... i hope u still have the bracket image cuz my tio file was corrupted ... -___- piece of garbage program ... i might start using a SF community program lololol

DOUBLES

1: Zhu + M2k ($162.00)
2: DJ Nintendo + Jman ($81.00)
3: alukard + g$ ($27.00)
4: PC + OTG
5: Eggm + Cactuar
5: Hax + Nando
7: swift + Nintendude
7: HBK + Teczero
9: Honeybadger + Animal
9: CopyCat + Velocity
9: spawn + awesean
9: IrishMafia + $Mike
13: smashjin + over9000
13: aber + pyn
13: bonerstorm69 + Niko
13: andy + diesel
17: Tec9 + Ooorah
17: Rykard + Kip
17: sex + sam
17: Serge + idris
17: Lefty + Codi
17: Zack + Kite
17: bolt + slox
17: relax + weaponX
25: Vist + Harley
25: Project + Crush
25: R00R + Mikael

SINGLES

1: Zhu ($260.00)
2: M2k ($130.00)
3: vanz ($78.00)
4: Hax ($26.00)
5: tec0 ($13.00)
5: Eggm ($13.00)
7: Cactuar
7: Jman
9: $mike
9: StriCNYN3
9: PC Chris
9: OTG
13: Niko
13: Velocity
13: djn
13: g$
17: Tec9
17: SwiftBass
17: Irish Mafia
17: Nando
17: Vist
17: PC Kip
17: hbk
17: Nintendude
25: bolt
25: CopyCat
25: Zack
25: Oorah
25: Rykard
25: Mane
25: Slox
25: Weaponx
33: oneg
33: Harley
33: andy
33: SmokeyB
33: T.Webb
33: aber
33: a nub
33: strawhats
33: mt tummy hurtsa
33: Crush
33: HondaFoo
33: Spawn
33: Relax
33: kite
33: Chain-Ace
33: Sex
49: Zim
49: Pyro
49: awesean
49: Dirty Deeds
49: bonerstorm69
49: Dbl0ck

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
EDIT: Sneaky red sheik mains >:[

Also, you tried Brian I don't think the stuff that happened should be thought of as your fault. Just look back on this and figure out a better way to run things.

Whatever, I had a ton of fun and I hate that school is gonna keep me from attending these more readily. Oh and yea I agree with what Niko/Swift said, if this tourney is expecting OOS I feel like it should run on a stricter time schedule, maybe 30 mins late at worst.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i did put results u silly sheik main ... its just that i hit edit and the stupid bracket images made me erase my whole post ... thank god i copy pasted that essay i wrote LOL!

and i will make sure i do that next time ... everything will be alot better and alot smoother ^_^

i'll do shout outs later ... i been running errands all day and this was on the list ... now its time to relax =D

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Damn if I knew it'd be this big I wouldve come up.

Good ish tho. Get'em next time Harley/Vist.

Funky results not gonna lie. Hella stacked brackets. Just look at who Zhu or Vanz had to go through o_o

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Glad I could make it out to this; special thanks to D1, Alex Strife and Vanz for helping me get back to my place, you guys are the coolest

:phone:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
wow that bracket image was sick indeed.

@Brian trust me I know that matchup just trying to push myself in another direction. Niko is my first big hurdle when jumped I will have ascended. Also thanks for accepting my/niko/tec0 critique

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Good games everyone. Fun tournament. Really beast and funny teams grand finals lol. Jason looking mad sex on ice with his Marth in winner's finals. 07' Marth mixed with the '11 Marth.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, check my sig for my tourney in NJ this upcoming Saturday featuring Melee ;)

i dont get why so many people didnt enter singles
Still alot of entrants though. I'm pretty shocked. Good stuff at hosting this Alukard.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Shoutouts I guess =3

1: Zhu ($260.00) - Man you're the coolest falco xD. <3 your falco man. We need to play before you go to WC.

3: vanz ($78.00) - The ****en best xD. It was great seeing you man I'll see you later this week whenever xD

4: Hax ($26.00) - Stop beating me :<. <3

5: tec0 ($13.00) - What how?

5: Eggm ($13.00) - We need to play some more xD gonna watch PL finals? SKT all the way imo =3

7: Cactuar - Fun set Cactus before September lets set up a smashfest and hang out xD

7: Jman - Where even were you haha

9: $mike - Fun set man, your falcon is crazy combotastic hope to see you in tourney again.

9: PC Chris - We didn't play :(

9: OTG - We need to hang out and chill one day too man. I always wanna play you and never do >_>.

13: Niko - Same for you wtf. <3 your marth btw, seriously share tricks and strats with me? <3

17: SwiftBass - Wtf, you're just as good as me Tim how :(. I'll see you in tourney again I'm sure xD

17: Irish Mafia - Good seeing you again James. We didn't get to play :( maybe at Boston? xD

17: Nando - Nandeezy when we playin again son?

17: Vist - Glad you made it out here man. Always fun to watch your sets.

17: hbk - Wonky set wtf. Ended in a marth ditto? How did that even happen LOL. Thanks for teaming with me man, I messed up a bit in doubles we coulda done better I think, maybe next time.

17: Nintendude - Did not expect..... we need to play more too. I wanted to play but I was exhausted sorry :(

25: Oorah - You are the loudest ****tard I know LOL. <3 play me more.

33: andy - Sorry for the YL CP LOL. I just wanted to try it out. If you're around here next time, I'd love to play you with my sheik xD

33: T.Webb - The **** ***** did not expect =/. You'll get em next time go ****.

33: Spawn - It was good seein you again Marc xD. When is our next drunked adventure gonna be? xD

33: Chain-Ace - I feel like sometimes you don't get enough appreciation for your work as an uploader, so this shoutout is cuz you're a monster with that uploads xD. We need to play when I come down to chill with Tim or w/e

Alukard - Teach me marvel :<. <33333. Great tournament as usual man, I had fun always look forward to these.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Thanks Teczero.

This is prob the worst I've ever played at a tourney but I still had a lot of fun. Thanks Alukard for hosting.
Shoutouts to PC Kip and WeaponX especially. I really dropped the ball badly in those sets but was still trying to win and you guys still beat me. I'll get both of you next time =)

Crush is the best young smasher by far that I've ever seen. Keep it up.

GGs everyone else.

Edit: Oh, and before I forget, I know I counted a total of 4 recording setups that were supposed to be there, but I ended up being the only person recording. I even brought 2 recording setups with me myself. This is fine, I don't mind recording all the videos but I had to leave early this no johns. When me Alukard and Eggm called and asked if someone could finish recording the videos from loser quarters to grand finals for the night, nobody answered. I think nobody else brought theirs at all when they saw I was coming. If I hadn't brought 2 setups, we would have had even less videos and if I decided to just come and have fun and focus on actually participating and friendlies and trying to improve myself like I'm supposed to do, we would have none at all. I left one of my spare recording setups there so that grand finals would be recorded...

Come on guys, I will always record at every local I go to because I hate when there are no videos for a tournament (which happens to be for a lot of locals). But I think you guys have to step it up, the videos are what stimulates the community. Yes, I know there was a time where there were only results, but this is not that time. It's not difficult at all to record, just bring a laptop hook it up to the tv and just leave it recording the entire day if need be. But It would have been nice if someone had my back when I needed to leave early.

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was handsome as hell. Strong homo.

I didn't enter singles because I just felt like getting hype and watching hype matches. And speaking of getting hype, shoutouts and apologies to anybody I cheered against when they were playing my crewmates. It is what it is.

Looking forward to another one of these where I can get hype as **** and yell at randoms.

Edit: Also, I couldn't enter because BonerStorm69 took the name I was going to use.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Just wanted to say:

otg beat HBK, g$, and nearly beat Jman. This man is stepping it up hardcore.

Crush: Very, very sorry about the pause. Something like that has never really happened to me, and I'm really grateful that you took it well. I really enjoyed playing you. I like the confidence with your mixups. You definitely have a champion's mentality.

Cactus: no homo. Happy birthday man, I'll owe you a bacon cheeseburger one day. Hope everything goes your way tonight.

DJ: Your Fox.

Nintendude: Thanks for playing me again. I think playing you has taught me way more than I could've hoped for, hopefully the results will show in my next WC tourny.

Jesus: <333

Vanz: I honestly expected to play you in loser's. I wanted to try my Fox against you after you basically took out all Foxes in the tournament. I really regret not asking for friendlies.

HBK: Your Marth counters me LOL. I also regret not playing you more.

Hax: You improve incredibly fast. Can't wait to see what you do to people at your next out of state.

$mike: Really regret not playing you either. You look incredibly solid, I really like your Falcon.

PC: How the **** did I not play you at all. Great seeing you, you're incredibly chill overall, I could really learn from you LOL

Stric: Your Fox is beast, makes me wonder about your Falco.

Mayne: wtf you beat Spawn (unless he left)?! Good ****.

Kip: Your Falco is really smart. I like the way you control space, definitely learned / used a lot of your style in my matches, I think it made the difference in a few of my games actually.

Irish Mafia: You take your losses well. Props for that, keep working on it.

Pyro: Thanks again for driving, always look forward to those car rides.

g$: You're a pretty real dude. Swag.

Jason: Keep your head up. No matter what I'm still a huge m2k fanboy. I really hope things go your way soon, smash / life / whatever. Thanks for teaming with me and for suggesting double Fox LOL. "****ty *** character" as Alu says LOOOOL

Alu: Thanks again for hosting. I think the starting late part is actually really good. It rewards the people who come early with lots of friendlies, and still allows people who come late to join. Props for getting the whole bracket run on time, and I'll try to get results in asap next time. It's been very long since I had my own tourny, so I forgot how annoying it is when people don't report, next time I got this.

SummerSpeedyMix

Smash Apprentice
33: andy - Sorry for the YL CP LOL. I just wanted to try it out. If you're around here next time, I'd love to play you with my sheik xD

LOL, can't believe you would do that to me haha, our set was mad close though, but next time show me your sheik power, otherwise i'll get you next time :D

crush

Smash Master

LOL, can't believe you would do that to me haha, our set was mad close though, but next time show me your sheik power, otherwise i'll get you next time :D
it seems as if professor andy doesnt know everything about the young link matchup after all lol

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I was kinda tight that our ride pulled us out of singles because of wanting to leave earlier, then we ended up staying until after singles started anyway because our ride was playing friendlies.

Had a good time though, pretty satisfied with my doubles performance. Glad a lot of people showed up.

Shoutouts:

Codi and Lefty: you guys are hams

Animal/Badger: ggs in doubles

Over9k: Good **** in teams, fun as always ragging on kids with you.

Strawhats: ggs

A nub: ggs

Dbl0c: Met the legend this weekend. Good games man, it was nice meeting you. Keep playing, and hopefully we get another chance to play.

HBK: good games in doubles and the friendlies we got in

tec0: ggs in doubles, the space jam was too good

Aber/pny: ggs guys, it was a shame about the SDs the second game.

Rykard/teammate: ggs, brinstar was so close

Crush: for being godlike and a child prodigy

Chain-ace: thanks for recording and looking after the bracket/helping out

OTG: immaculate
good seeing you man

Niko: wish we got some games in

Trigota: shame you didn't get to play any tourney matches man, I wonder how we would have placed. Hope you had fun.

Vanz: good stuff, nice seeing you

everyone else I played friendlies with and forgot: ggs.

Thanks for hosting Alu.

Lovage

Smash Hero
zhu you still the ****in man

and daaamn tristate pulling 50 people tournies outta no where

melee too good?

huMps

Smash Ace
These results are bitter sweet for east coast.
Over 50 showing up. Awesome
One west coaster takes their money . . . . ugh

S l o X

Smash Champion
1: Zhu - you're awesome. good games.
3: vanz - captain teemo, on duty.
9: $mike - pc chris' place? we in there.
9: OTG - i'm gonna figure doc out one of these days. (that invisible wall **** that lost you a teams game in losers was mad fake son)
17: Irish Mafia - *****s.
25: Slox - falcon main now? cool cool.
33: andy - *****s.
33: T.Webb - FAKE. don't lose to peach ever again.
33: Crush - next time we play, i'll give you advice in between the ****. your falcon is imo your best but your falco is pretty too.
33: Chain-Ace - good **** again. we need to play, we talk like every 5 seconds but never play. lmfao, how much was your recording setup?
49: bonerstorm69 / harriet - you pry good. why falcon game 1? for future reference, yoshi is my favorite stage and falcon is my best matchup. tight games, probably the tightest tournament set i've played so far.

crush

Smash Master
33: Crush - next time we play, i'll give you advice in between the ****. your falcon is imo your best but your falco is pretty too.
lolwut? other than once at mafias house playing falcon for like 20 minutes (and at this tourney of course), i literally dont play falcon ever.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Defiantly the best tourney Ive been to so far, so many great players in the same room. This tourney made me wanna play more and get better.

Alucard: Great tourney, you dont disappoint. Cant wait to come back for more, will deff be there at ROM4

Zhu: Congrats, your Falco is amazing, I had fun with the friendlies, thanx for playing me even though you were dead tired and just about to go up for Grand Finals. Next time you come back I hope to be near your level.

Hax: Honestly Ive never had so much fun losing. Ima sucker for Falcon dittos even if i dont main him. Your Falcon is truly amazing, deserves the title of Best Falcon on the East Coast. Congrats on 4th, cant wait to play you more.

Pc: I NEVER GOT TO PLAY YOU :( Was great to see you in action, your fox is great, would love to see you win a big tourney again, pretty sure East Coast needs to take back the title of best player, you should deff try and obtain it. btw NY>Boston

M2K: Great job in singles and doubles. Truly a living legend in the smash community. Every match you never disappoint. Dont fret over winners, happens to everyone, Win Apex, bring that crown back to the EC.

Crush: Great matches, Im happy to know the future of melee lays within good hands, keep it up.

G$: Only played you in friendly doubles, but it was fun. Just about everything you shouted made me laugh.

Cactuer: WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD. Your fox was fun to fight, and every time you ****ed up you had a big grin on your face. More smashers need to learn to laugh at their mistakes and learn from them.

Vanz: Before there was Armada, there was one. Great job in singles. Your peach is something else, sadly never got to play you.

Rykard: I had alot of fun playing you, close matches were awesome.

Slox: Man, maybe i shoulda gone Fox second game ah well. It was close 3rd game. Fun set.

Relax: Falcon dittos were fun, then you and me teamed and beat G$ and his partner, Great matches man.

To everyone else, sorry if I didnt say your name i really didnt get alot of ppls names here. It was alot of fun, cant wait for next time. :)

crush

Smash Master
Yes ya did.I remember you went falco on my shiek in Yoshi story and i did some weird *** combo at the start lol
Did you win? I don't remember ever playing against a green sheik for some reason. There was only like 3 people all day I played that I didn't ask what their tag was because im trying to know everybody who goes to tourneys since ima noob

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Did you win? I don't remember ever playing against a green sheik for some reason. There was only like 3 people all day I played that I didn't ask what their tag was because im trying to know everybody who goes to tourneys since ima noob

Went back and forth in matches, I was winning one game 3 stocks to 1 and you came back and beat me

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I got stomped at this lol time to step it up!

Gonna keep the shoutouts kinda short:

Alukard - Thank you for organizing this and keeping Melee thriving in tristate.
Zhu - grats on managing to beat every good player the EC can throw at you LOL. Over the course of our matches I've noticed how you go from losing to me to beating me pretty consistently, and it's pretty amazing to watch.
Chain-Ace - you contribute sooooo much to tristate Melee with your uploading. You really do not get enough credit.
$mike - I'm impressed. Hope to see you at more of these events!
Swift - good teaming as usual. We really gotta stop dropping close sets and then we can be in the money! Looks like we both sucked it up in singles lol
Kip - good seeing you again! I didn't get to play you but from what I hear you still got it.
G$ - ggs. I'll be looking for revenge next time;)
PC - always good to see you come out to these tourneys.
Velocity - I'm glad to see another old name making a comeback. Next time we gotta play some singles!

Mokumo

Smash Ace
It's wicked foggy but it stopped raining a couple hours before the game.

Yankees suck!

I'll be doing shoutouts eventually probably tomorrow

Max?

Smash Champion
YEAH

I'm at Fenway park at the red sox vs Yankees game and it's the same atmosphere as pc chris and otg vs mafia and $mike

Wait, so the Red Sox got ***** horribly and got trolled on camera mercilessly in the process?

Top Bottom