• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO JOHNS - 5/14/2011 - Results Thread Nanuet NY - (Forward Jman PC Chris!)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Singles

1: jman
2: pc chris
3: tec0
4: eggm
5: niko
5: abate
7: swiftbass
7: forward
9: otg
9: nando
9: D1
9: reno
13: chain-ace
13: spawn
13: twebb
13: copycat
17: deathknight
17: oorah
17: aber
17: ultimascout
17: cactuar
17: pyro
17: ryan
17: rj
25: rykard
25: luck
25: oneg
25: CT.MAN
25: pro skater
25: rito
25: mark
25: no cash

Doubles

1: alukard + jman
2: otg + pc
3: cactuar + eggm
4: tec0 + nand0
5: oorah + copycat
5: reno + niko
7: twebb + abate
7: rykard + chainace
9: prog + no cash

I'll doing the table over again soon.

Rykard

Smash Ace
wow you got these up really fast. i guess i'll do shout outs later but i just want to say that if i lost to you in tournament yesterday, i'm going to be back next time to take you down. This kid right here is determined

LLDL

Smash Hero
Alukard got them up fast in the tourney thread.

1: jman - Good stuff man, I hope you play like that at zenith
2: pc chris - Wow man you really suprised me. I'm so glad to see you back in top form. Try to come out to more locals!
3: Teczero - LOL third place is pretty bad huh
4: eggm - You'll getm next time man, hopefully your hand is better
5: niko - GGS. I hope we can have a lot more sets like that in the future
5: abate - Yo, you're on a roll. Keep it up. Fifth place at this is astounding
7: swiftbass - We didn't get to play, but thanks for coming, good to see you as always.
7: forward - I never thought I'd meet you in my smash lifetime. You're still so good even in this rusty form. I'd love to see you start beating everyone again.
9: otg - Good **** beating Forward. That was the most hype in a while =)
9: nando - You'll beat a top pro very soon, I can tell
9: D1 - You gotta come out more often, I haven't played you since Apex
9: reno - LOOL that trash talk
13: spawn - I didn't get to meet you =(
13: twebb - Good **** with the recordings, I think it'll be perfection at zenith
13: copycat - Good stuff in teams
17: deathknight - GGs, you've improved your spacing. I was watching a lot of your matches.
17: oorah - ggs man. You should've went sheik in our set. Next time, but I'll be training for it =)
17: ultimascout - Didn't get to play, zenith man
17: cactuar - Lol you should really go fox at tournaments of this caliber
17: pyro - Godo seeing you man. We have to get that Falco Roy going on soon
25: rykard - Lol we got *****. I'm pretty sure we'll do good next time tho. We'll see.
25: luck - ggs man. Don't feel so hard on yourself. You did really good against me, I didn't think I was going to win.
25: no cash - I wish that set between you and copycat was recorded, I'd like to see it.

prog - yo get like me and get a mixer =)
StriCNYN3 - could've gotten first place =(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
This was an awesome tournament man I don't even.

Can't wait for vids to be up. I'm too tired because I just woke up and I'm lazy but will do shoutouts eventually.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
why was forward here @_@

nice to see PC around in tournament results

goo jaw haley

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i got ***** again =( but the experience was kool imma get better from this.
1: jman-Congratz we gotta play more we got like 3 matches in wtf
2: pc chris-ur training me u got no choice
3: tec0-imma put up a better fight next time so look out gg
4: eggm-for some1 with a muscle spasm u sure played pretty well
5: niko-niko next marth king of ny???
5: abate-WOW rilly impressed me. happy for u gotta step my game up and take u down. 1st apex now no johns if we in pools at zenith imma 2-0 u lol
7: swiftbass-u put up a good fight tim dont be disappointed
9: otg-hype man of the year. great to see u making a name for urself.
9: nando-great friendlies were u off today??? or did i just get a lil bettter???idk
9: D1-those fox dittos were beast gg
9: reno-didnt rilly pllay much but when we did gg
13: chain-ace-fun friendlies ur falco got alot better but i still shine baired u hahhaah
13: twebb-get better u scrub
13: copycat-u tuanted i killed u sry im a jerk in tourney ur sheik is kool tho
17: deathknight-stop being so emotional plz it rilly kills the mood just calm down its only a game
17: oorah-nice doubles game nice sheik wished we played more
17: pyro- i have mad swordsman practice so its gonna be hard to beat me but i think u can do t
25: rykard-im training u so we will be crazy good
Alukard-holding the ec down with great tourneys and making it mad hyped love u man no homo lol
Crismas-thxs for the sticker styling dudes controolers
Alex Strife-Manning the recording station in my absents
Prog for being that dude

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
This tournament was silly fun. Thanks to OTG and T-Webb for rides n such <3 Alu for making it happen, and prog for driving :D full shout-outs when I get home from work.

:phone:

crush

Smash Master
would have been a good idea to come here instead of hog but we played on every stage in the game in the low tier tourney so it was fun lol

Niko45

Smash Master
Chain-Ace I'm missing from the table.

Shoutouts:

Alukard - much love my dude. Thanks for hosting and hyping me up the whole day. I just gotta stop playing so stiff in tourney sometimes.

Prog - Intangibles. You ****. Nice one friendly we got. Stay classy looking FRESH.

1: jman - too good. I got half a friendly with you. Pathetic. We need to get more games in.

2: pc chris - MY DUDE. I've been trying to explain to people that you are not rusty/out of practice anymore. It was pretty obvious today. You were so clutch in teams and beat Eggm with Marth after I lost to him twice lolol. :(

3: tec0 - Again, we need to play. Your Marth looks more **** than ever, in fact YOU looked more **** than ever. Good stuff.

4: eggm - god dam it. It's almost like you just let me **** stock you to begin every game on purpose just so it would crush me in the end. Props dude, that's my best matchup and you're definitely one of the hardest foxes for me to beat. We need to sit down and get a good chunk of games in some time.

5: abate - you *****. Holy **** man, what a monstrous placing for someone pretty new to the scene. Who says east coast randoms suck? I don't think so...

7: swiftbass - Great set man. I really respect how you handle your losses so well and were really chill talking to me afterwards with no real salt or anything.

7: forward - We only got like 2 friendlies in unfortunately but you were in high demand. :D Awesome that you came out to this.

9: otg - THIS *****. Watch out world, east coast has a Doc. DON'T SLEEP.

9: nando - You seem to keep getting better and better every time I play you. Lots of really good intense friendlies today.

9: D1 - good seeing you

9: reno - eh, teams didn't go so great but I think later on we played much better. We got this. Thanks for the support in my matches and yes, you taught me cc grab.

13: chain-ace - thank you for stepping in immediately to diffuse that deathknight situation before it got out of hand. That was really helpful. We had a really intense set, I look forward to watching that. You've gotten much better.

13: spawn - we failed to play again

13: twebb - keep at it trey, you're far from free. You're getting really good.

13: copycat - nice friendlies. I really liked your sheik.

17: ultimascout - 17th? So much for winning a NY tourney.

17: cactuar - great playing you again. You are incredibly impressive in Marth dittos. It was a really good learning experience for me, I think I picked up couple of tricks.

17: deathknight - Okay, I'm going to be as civil about this as possible but something has to be said about that little tirade after our set. In general, you seem to consistently handle being knocked out of tournament inappropriately, but this time was really way out of line. The comment you were referring to was intended to be a little friendly **** talk with Jersey, not a direct personal attack on you. However, I think it's totally understandable for you to take offense to it. What's not okay is how you handled it. I have no issue with you personally and I apologize for that post, but don't ever talk to me or anyone else like that ever again. That was absurd. I have no interest in having problems with anyone in the smash community so don't worry, I'll leave you alone.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Actually, I went into that set knowing I would lose. How I reacted at the end had nothing to do with me losing but rather saying something about the comment. However, I did go a bit overboard and I apologize for that. Anyways, ggs people and damn my headache at the end which put me in a bad mood while I was playing someone... idk who though.

Max?

Smash Champion
This was a really great tournament. So glad to see people coming out and being hype. Also great to see lots of old and new faces. Quick shoutouts cause I'm lazy and exhausted.

Everyone I played in tournament - GG's, lots of fun.
Westchester - Good **** to all of us! I warned people not to sleep, now we just gotta keep that momentum going.
NJ - Awesome seeing you guys, wish I got to play with Tec0/Nando, but sometime soon.
Prog - <3
Forward - Awesome to finally meet you in person, we def have to play chess lol.
Abate - Jesus christ bro, coming out of nowhere! This kid is beast as ****, but frankly it's not surprising at all. Tristate has so many secret bosses.
NE - Great seeing you guys.
Alukard - <3
ProSkaterJoe - so sorry we didn't get to play more friendlies after the tourney, I just had to dip out, so exhausted after the tournament. Awesome to see you again tho.

I'm most likely forgetting people, and I'm sorry, but once again I'm tired.

Much love.

Oh also Chain-Ace, I live in Westchester County (same with most/almost all of TFS), but I specifically live in New Rochelle. Not that it actually matters.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Abate - Jesus christ bro, coming out of nowhere! This kid is beast as ****, but frankly it's not surprising at all. Tristate has so many secret bosses.
He's got that GSO training/practice.. speaking of which GSO needs to get out to more events and stuff.

Speaking of which I need to get out to more stuff. Being busy with school and stuff sucks.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

1: jman - Good stuff winning. glad i could assist you with my controller briefly though your hands made it feel really weird after lol
2: pc chris - congrats on second and thanks for an awesome car ride back. hopefully, i'll get the chance to come with Twebb for some training cause there is so much that i know i can learn from you just from the doubles matches we got to play before the tournament started
3: tec0 - out of practice and placing in the money? suuuuureee
4: eggm - hope your hand gets better!
5: niko - I know this might seem weird coming from me since we only really got to have a small chat in the car ride to Portchester, but i have a lot of respect for you just from the things you were saying. You tell it like it is and i like that a lot. I think my goal by the end of the summer is to step it up and impress you and hopefully the rest of Westchester.
5: abate - good stuff man coming from like no where and taking down some big names
9: otg - always a good time seeing you. I'm very happy you did so well and now you have to continue to show everyone just how good you are
13: chain-ace - good stuff in teams. we really didn't have any terrible losses and i know with more practice we (teaming or not) can compete with the rest of these guys any day
13: spawn - i enjoyed our friendlies a lot and they showed me that there is quite a bit i need to be working on. Same with our tournament set : )
13: twebb - so are we going to be the next big names to come out of NY? cause i think we should be. We better get to play a ton cause i have so much determination to keep getting better as of this tournament

Alukard: thanks again for continuing to hold these awesome tournaments
Sol: i wish you brought money to enter cause you would have done well. hopefully we will get to play outside of tournament this year cause your playstyle always catches me offguard

Also, Chain Ace, i played Fox. What is this for again?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, sorry for the mistakes guys. The table isn't for anything specific, I'm just trying a new informative type of results post that people may or may not find useful in the future.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
shout outs

i ****ing met forward.

chain - this ****'s real
ct - awesome
mdz - scrub
mvc - hype
prog - SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
based god - thank you
otg - my **** hurts still from that set
d1 - you're the man

dislikes
pizza place closing the day before :/

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
1: jman- marth on FD didn't go as planned LOL :x GGs. i still got a little ways to go until i catch up with you and aziz.
3: tec0- pretty intense/entertaining set LOL i enjoyed it. GGs also I'm very lucky that up-air worked "LAST RESORT" :(
4: eggm- i had no idea about your hand injury but you still put up a pretty competitive set vs me. we always go back and forth it seems :p I'm very jealous of those perfect waveshines btw.
5: niko- pretty dang impressive. I already knew that though haha. we should really take advantage of the fact that we live real close and play more.
5: abate- WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!?
7: swiftbass- always good seeing you :D no buneo on not playing friendlies though.
7: forward- I'm pretty sure everyone was excited to see you show up, celeb status haha. Hope you had a good time in NY. (btw heard you got 2nd in a mvc3 tournament on sunday LOL, so that's why you haven't been playing much melee ;))
9: OTG- so yeah we ***** LOL but then got ***** in grand finals. we did really well though, next time we can win i think :D Thanks for the ride and all the car shenanigans
9: nando-you land so many precise knees not even from a combo :x it's scary haha. Gg's we need to play friendlies.
9: D1-that seemed like a fluke set, i know you're better than that, guy beat me at apex afterall. GGs <3 mah ol' school doods
9: reno- still mad at you for saying i looked like a heroin addict LOLOL salt <3
13: chain-ace- i was looking real pretty in my set vs you haha. i think you played really nervous because i saw you doing well vs a lot of good players. We should get in some friendlies if possible next time.
13: Spawn- nice to see you :D we'll plan that weekend fest eventually!
13: T-NlGG- suppppa quick fox. i think there's a couple things i can help you with. i actually can teach better if i watch you play someone, rather than play vs you.
17: cactuar- ohhh cactus <3
25: rykard- nice meeting you and ggs. come to one of my smash fests sometime.
25: CT.MAN- MARTH DITTOS EHDVJKLVHU
Alu- You make me feel like a simpleton at times in teams :( LOL good games and good tournament :D
Prog- always nice to see this guy! stop by my smashfests sometime :D
Sol- that tasty white grape wrap was amazing LOL "one of these birds is going to have to STEP IT UP"
Everybody else - <33

R3N0

Smash Lord
lol pc <3 u just looked realllllllllllllly out of it..

you know i didnt mean to be an *** about it :-p

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
niko, its great that you are humble as you are. Keep working on it, travel to a distant tourney and play a bunch of people and with that attitude I'll guarantee that you will excel. you have a great grasp on this game and its only a matter of time and a few good sessions with a variety of great players until you really show up big.

great improvement and drive. It is inspiring. PM me about what we talked about at the tourney sometime. I am already looking towards next week.

PC; I do owe you some friendlies, perhaps sooner than you think. I live in Bridegport now.

And on the note of players getting better. shoutouts to:

D1
Strictnyn3
T webb
smelly cat
Abate
max

I wish i got you play you forward, I guess that was my mistake. I was kind of in rush mode, since I had to take ppl home and kind of last minute deciding to make the drive.

I heard that NY/NJ was in the lab hardcore and its showing. Makes me wanna step up more. I was closer to done with smash than i have ever been but things like this are what is great. Hopefully no johns and HOG will not land on the same day next time around. I have a new boss now who actually lets me take saturdays off and **** so I can help more with transporting ppl etc etc. since I have my own place and live closer to NY.

=)

hopefully see you guys at zenith

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Shoutouts

1: jman - As usual, you're just on another level. Always crazy how you're so good, I'll beat you one day...... maybe.... prolly not LOL

2: pc chris - Freaaaakiiiiiiiiin PC, I can't believe your fox was soooo smooth and scary like it always was. I was pretty surprised I admit xD. Our match was crazy fun, and really intense. It was easily the closest set I had all day. A lot of **** ups on both sides though, next time lets give the crowd a better fight. Had a lot of fun Chris thanks a lot.

3: tec0 -
assuming typo imo

4: eggm - Great games as always Tim. We always seem to end up fighting each other in the higher end of tournaments, guess I just had the luck this time around man. Sorry I busted out the marth =3, I was scared to since you were fighting so many of them today but seems like it was a good idea =D.

5: niko - Dude, you are craaaaaaaaaazy impressive. I was really impressed with your play this tournament and you easily deserve top 5. Your set with Eggm had me on the edge of the seat man, your marth reminds me a lot of HBK's its really fun to watch. And yea, we gotta play so much more often. Im gonna try to play Marth way more so lets help each other improve ;).

5: abate - Really impressive run man. I had no idea what to expect, had me kinda scared for our match. Hope you go to more tournaments, we have to play and stuff had a lot of fun playing you.

7: swiftbass - Had the typical ridiculously fun set with you. Our matches are super clutch, and its always seems to be so damn close xD. Love playing you man, it gets the adrenaline flowin, we'll play more since you know, I seem to fight you in tourney so often nowadays xD.

7: forward - Thanks for coming out :), hope you had fun.

9: otg - Man of the daaaaaaay, freakin BEASTED. I had mad fun watching you play dude. Lets hang out and play some matches sometime, you improved so much it seems >_<.

9: nando - Thanks for teaming with me man xD. It was still really fun, we coulda done better but it was a good try. We got this for Zenith bro.

9: D1 - Freakin, didn't play =/. Good seeing you dude, also impressive placing for not playing so often haha.

9: reno - <33333333333 We need to hang out more, I'll try to go to 6flags with you and stuff. You're way too awesome to not try to go with haha.

13: chain-ace - Thanks for making me enter xD. I wish you lived a little closer so we can chill and play. Our friendlies were really fun, we have to play more.

13: spawn - Freaaaaakin Marc. If I get that internship ffffffffff we are being bff and **** <3

13: twebb - You definitely improved quite a bit dude. We need to play more, if I can I'd love to give you a few pointers and stuff on your mentality of the game etc. If you'll let me hahaha, fun games man. We need to play more.

17: oorah - You ******. >:3. Thanks for driving and stuff <3

17: ultimascout - Freakin DIDN'T PLAY WHYYY

17: cactuar - FREAKIN HOW? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. STOP TROLLING :<

25: rykard - Dude, sooo outta practice you don't know LOL. Thank god for sheik though mirite? I mean never THAT hard to ftilt xD. Good games and stuff. Glad we got to play a bunch of games :)

25: no cash - Marth dittttttos =3

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
lol10chars
Get your dumb *** outta here.

Tec0-Nice
Reno-Trash as usual, couldnt even break top7
Eggm-Kinda surprised he did so well...nice bounceback considering the *** whooping you got last week, but perhaps an easy bracket.
Niko-You know the deal
OTG-My Nigg
Uhh Abate? Damn tri state letting these randoms crack top 5
Freakin Oorah...missed you bro.

To all teams, me and G$'s double Marth woulda tapped. Whats that Alu MM vs you and Jman...you got it

Hazz out...ending with his infamous chickle :grin:

Rykard

Smash Ace
when do you guys think vids will start going up? it seemed like there were 3-4 recording setups there so i'm imagining a bunch of things got captured. I especially want to see the stuff T.Webb got since I know a bunch of really good singles sets were recorded on that

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Get your dumb *** outta here.

Tec0-Nice
Reno-Trash as usual, couldnt even break top7
Eggm-Kinda surprised he did so well...nice bounceback considering the *** whooping you got last week, but perhaps an easy bracket.
Niko-You know the deal
OTG-My Nigg
Uhh Abate? Damn tri state letting these randoms crack top 5
Freakin Oorah...missed you bro.

To all teams, me and G$'s double Marth woulda tapped. Whats that Alu MM vs you and Jman...you got it

Hazz out...ending with his infamous chickle :grin:
^

best post in the thread
Quoted for emphasis LOL

Top Bottom