• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Doc costume means...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Ace
we've all heard abut the Dixie, the Wolf, and the Daisy, (and the Marth?)
Well, just a thought:
assuming Mario had no Doc costume (ie: haven't heard anything about one) does that mean he may actually make a glorious return?
yeah, I'm the Doc fanatic. sue me.
=2007=

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
It probably means there wont be any Dr. Mario at all, aside from a trophy or sticker. Alot of the "alternate costumes," such as "Daisy" and "Wolf," are simply recolors of the existing model. In other words, "Wolf" is merely Fox with grey fur and "Daisy" is Peach with a yellow dress and dark hair. Dr. Mario wears entirely different clothes than Mario, which would make him unaccessable via recolorations anyway.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Mario may not have his costume but he took part of his fair. That's enough for me.

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
i can see him returning back with his glorius music XD.... pls for the sake of my doc gameplay :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, it's Diddy as Dixie, sans the hair.

And to think I made jokes about it... o_O it really did happen.
It's just Diddy wearing a pink version of his clothing...It really has nothing to do with Dixie at all

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Doctor Mario would be better as an Alt. I don't think his chances at returning are very high.

But heck, It wouldn't be that hard to make an Original moveset for him.

But still, his chances are really slim.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All the costumes except for Pika's are still just recolors so it means nothing. In the final cut there will probably be more costumes, most likely some updated ones like Link's yellow costume being the Magic Armor, his blue ones being the Zora Garments and Diddy'll probably wear a barret instead of a hat in his pink costume (I don't want them to give Diddy a ponytail and a knot in his shirt >_<) so probably the Dr.Mario costume will also be there, if it's not unlockable or not in at all?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
there is no wolf costume and the dixie costume is a huge stretch

edit: this isn't barely enough of a mario thread to keep it open btw

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think Dr. Mario may return actually. Sakurai reallly likes him, and Sakurai puts in characters he likes, even if others don't

Hong

The Strongest
Then how do you explain the lack of Pit and Meta Knight in the last two games?
It was actually a problem with wings and frame collision. Since the software naturally couldn't support them, they didn't have enough time to make the engine which would support Pit and Meta Knight.

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
"Dr. Mario shouldn't be a separate character. Just give Mario his Dr. Mario outfit, and that's that."

No, Dr. Mario SHOULD be a separate character. and he probably WILL be a separate character!

Ain't no character from any previous game gonna get completely swept under tha rug. Plus Wario's stage is called WarioWare, exactly the kind of mal software Dr. Mario in his original games has to fight against!

Therefore with the stage correlation combined with the lack of an alternate costume the doc's chances of getting in more than doubles!

Wo0o0ot Doc 4 brawl b¡tchz, he gonna be in and imma rub it in all yallz hater faces.

owned :-D

Shark X

Smash Lord
Wo0o0ot Doc 4 brawl b¡tchz, he gonna be in and imma rub it in all yallz hater faces.

owned :-D
These new members are scareing me lately.

Odd how the innocent D-word is censored, but the word ***** isn't, even though the word ***** could offend more people than the innocent D-word.

EDIT: Odd how the word ***** is censored for me, but not for DrGR O.o

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Doctor Mario would be better as an Alt. I don't think his chances at returning are very high.

But heck, It wouldn't be that hard to make an Original moveset for him.

But still, his chances are really slim.
Yes. Sakura clearly said no clones in Brawl, so Dr. Mario is out.

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
LoL @ SharkBoy

Dang Sharkboy, jus' from reading yer posts earlier I knew it waz only a matter of time before you said somtin' stupid 'bout me.

1. I aint new to theze forums. Infact compared my join date to your join date, March 2006 (mine) to May 2006 (yours), it is determined that I have been using these forums months longer than you (assuming that's your first name on these forums which I'm guessing it is)

2. I don't care if I say HAPPYFUNTIME FLUFFY BUNNIES online. FLUFFY FUZZY FLUFFY FUZZY FLUFFY FUZZY so what? who cares? It's not like there are a bunch of girly girls reading these forums that will be supremely angered by some random guys saying FUZZY!

2.Cont'd -- Why can I say FLUFFY/FUZZY and you can't?:confused: Well I could tell you that it's because I have a premium membership that allows me to dance and sing on these boards freely however that would just be silly and I wouldn't wanna take such advantage of your intellectually challenged little mind. So I'll just explain to you how the pr0 forum users can dance and sing whenever and wherever they feel like:

it's called HAPPINESS WITH RAINBOW COLORS Note the difference between i and ¡. actually, wow there is no difference on these forums hahaha. the first i is a lower case I and the second i is an upside down !

To make one you just hold Alt and then press on the #Pad in the following order 1 @ a time: 685.
Alt + 685 = ¡ then replace the normal I in FUZZY with this one and you can effectively write FUZZY whenever you want. I can apply this same technique to other dances and songs as well, such as:
RAINBOWS
UNICORNS
PINK AND PURPLE FUZZIES
PICKING FLOWERS
SLEEPOVER PAJAMA PARTIES

etc etc.​

:laugh:Understand noob?:lick:

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
There is NO wolf or Dixie costume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its just different colors!! theres like 8 per character now, so its kinda hard to have that many colors!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Doc not being a costume in the demo means that..... doc wasn't a costume in the demo.... the actual game has still yet to be released.

And while I don't think doc as his own character is a good Idea, I do support fluffy bunny sleepover pajama parties

volbound1700

Smash Master
Who said Dr. mario would be a clone (to the guy that said Sakurai said no clonse)? Mario's moveset has change a little since brawl, already defining himself away from Dr. Mario, however the Doc could have added moves that seperate them even more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dr.Mario is the most obvious character to cut so why should he return? If Dr.Mario returns then let ALL characters from Melee return cause there's no excuse to cut other characters above him. Brawl isn't Melee people. Even if Dr.Mario were to return who said that he'd be better than Mario in the first place?

If Doc isn't a costume then he's most likely out. There's no other character who deserves it to be a seperate character less than Doc, and that includes Pichu.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario wasn't all that good, knowing he's a carbon copy of Mario. So I think that Dr. Mario, Falco, and Pichu won't be coming back. Ganondorf should come back, but with a different moveset.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i didn't want him to see it, censor bypassing is one of the things that gets to me most actually so a whole big lesson on how to do it isn't desirable, but i loved editing that post XD

Chepe

Smash Lord
Or it could mean Sakuri lied again and no alternate costumes are included again, and we only just get recolors again.
Sakurai never lied to us, he never even said that they were giving characters costumes. In fact, the words "alternate costume" has never been used by Sakurai or Nintendo. It was all just an absurd fan idea, only color swaps that mimic other characters exist.

Mario never got fatter when he wore the Wario colors, and Peach didnt change voice or face shape when she wears Daisy stuff. So no Dr. Mario costume for Mario, and no Pichu costume for Pikachu, and no Birdo for Yoshi, etc. Deal with it.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
We wouldn't see alt. costumes in the demo, anyway, despite whether they were in the game or not. Also, they'd probably be unlockable if they were included.

Also, you never know, Dr. Mario may be back with an entirely new moveset...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
We wouldn't see alt. costumes in the demo, anyway, despite whether they were in the game or not. Also, they'd probably be unlockable if they were included.

Also, you never know, Dr. Mario may be back with an entirely new moveset...
there's an idea.

not the Doctor mario as playable, that's a terrible idea

The whole "alternate outfits are unlockable" Oh wait... daisy... nvm

SiD

Smash Master
Well other alternates, like Daisy and Wolf, are simply pallete swaps. Doc wouldn't be so easy, so he's more than likely just nixed altogether.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Clones are bad, repeat, clones are bad. If we have a limited amount of characters, clones are bad. Maybe a Lugified Dr.Mario, but that will be hard considering Doc is Mario

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol. Why do people want brawl to be melee. If you want to play as Doc, then play as Doc on melee and play brawl for what it is, a new game.

To be fair, I am a Doc main, and love him. But why get stressed out that he isn't in some other game?

If he is, he is, if he isn't, he isn't. Just wait and see....^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom