• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sony let the Pollyanna animation music video come back (not a reupload), just so y’all know:

I don’t know if the other stuff they took down is back or not, though.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Sony let the Pollyanna animation music video come back (not a reupload), just so y’all know:

mbh.png

Glad it's back up. Guessing the soundtrack vids that got hit are still down? Wonder if Itoi stepped in here or a pr rep. Either way, I'm surprised it's back up several weeks later.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet

Yeah i knew about that, i left a comment when it came back.
Also the GilvaSunner Earthbound OST (mother 1 and 3 are fine btw) is still gone, there are other channels with some earthbound song tho.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Happy 26th anniversary to the EarthBound localization today! I honestly initially forgot that it was today, That was until I saw this.
https://twitter.com/hobonichimother/status/1401085676930564102?s=19

Hobonichi tweeted it out, and I believe this is the only English tweet they've tweeted out? I also don't believe they tweeted anything regarding it last year, which is bizarre as why would you celebrate the 26th but not the 25th? Especially considering that the Mother Project started last summer? And why celebrate the localized one in particular? Just... Huh... Seems like delayed celebrations really do seem to be the norm with Mother content.

Also I was reminded that Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios is a thing, and I distinctly remember when they announced the franchises present as well. (I wanna say it was like Feb 2019 or something. I know it was discussed in this thread though) So that got me thinking some more. EarthBound was on the list of franchises that were going to be represented in the parks. What I find interesting is why would you give priority to a "dead" franchise like EarthBound, when none of the games are present on the Switch in any region? That just doesn't make sense, I don't see why they'd advertise a game in their theme park which most casual Switch owners have no way to play it whatsoever? So whether it be simple ports or possibly something much more, I don't see them holding these games hostage much longer. The real question is, why hold them hostage like this for so long in the first place?

Man, there's been a lot of weird stuff happening these past few years... Maybe I should just make a full post documenting all the weirdness next?

Side question. Anyone know what Hal Laboratory has been up to? It feels like a long time since they've had a big game release, or maybe I'm just nuts. Though, I guess you'd have to be nuts in order to talk about Ninten in Smash for almost three years heh heh heh.

gvc.jpg

Honestly if any of my conspiracy theories end up being true years later, I don't even know how I'd react.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Side question. Anyone know what Hal Laboratory has been up to? It feels like a long time since they've had a big game release, or maybe I'm just nuts. Though, I guess you'd have to be nuts in order to talk about Ninten in Smash for almost three years heh heh heh.
I think they're working on the next Kirby game but there's multiple teams within HAL so there's a lot of manpower unaccounted for unless the new game's hella ambitious.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Happy 26th anniversary to the EarthBound localization today! I honestly initially forgot that it was today, That was until I saw this.
https://twitter.com/hobonichimother/status/1401085676930564102?s=19

Hobonichi tweeted it out, and I believe this is the only English tweet they've tweeted out? I also don't believe they tweeted anything regarding it last year, which is bizarre as why would you celebrate the 26th but not the 25th? Especially considering that the Mother Project started last summer? And why celebrate the localized one in particular? Just... Huh... Seems like delayed celebrations really do seem to be the norm with Mother content.

Also I was reminded that Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios is a thing, and I distinctly remember when they announced the franchises present as well. (I wanna say it was like Feb 2019 or something. I know it was discussed in this thread though) So that got me thinking some more. EarthBound was on the list of franchises that were going to be represented in the parks. What I find interesting is why would you give priority to a "dead" franchise like EarthBound, when none of the games are present on the Switch in any region? That just doesn't make sense, I don't see why they'd advertise a game in their theme park which most casual Switch owners have no way to play it whatsoever? So whether it be simple ports or possibly something much more, I don't see them holding these games hostage much longer. The real question is, why hold them hostage like this for so long in the first place?

Man, there's been a lot of weird stuff happening these past few years... Maybe I should just make a full post documenting all the weirdness next?

View attachment 317966

Honestly if any of my conspiracy theories end up being true years later, I don't even know how I'd react.
I think that in terms of the parks they will have an Earthbound ride and Ness as a meetable character.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just wanted to provide a fast update on a few things.

So first, regarding music takedowns, I've done some minor research. First, the music and fan stuff didn't go down the same date. It seems based on the timeline I've been finding that Pollyanna and other such fan projects were taken down first and then a few days later, the OST got nuked. It appears anything not the OST has had its copyright claims lifted. So this appears to have been a coordinated attack on the fan projects and OST, but someone stepped in and reversed the decision on the fan works. Another note, as stated earlier, is that the OSTs for Mother 1 and 3 are fine. 3 will stay fine; Sony has no claim over the third game's OST. Watch out on Mother 1's. That one may get nuked. If there's a song you want saved, I'd get it now.

Regardless, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that these are not in regards to the albums. A quick search reveals that none of the popular uploads for the various Mother 1/2 albums have been taken down, and these albums released months ago. But that does make it interesting that they choose May to do this.

In regards to HAL, there's been no credible leaks as to what HAL has been doing, one of the few major Nintendo studios like that right now. Further, their silence and lack of game output is extremely out of character. From what I've gathered about the company, they need to regularly put out games in order to stay in good financials as none of their properties besides Kirby have any major sales history behind them. For reference, during the 3DS' lifespan, HAL released 13 games, plus 2 on the Wii and one on the Wii U. 16 games in 8 years. For Switch, they've done five in 4, and two of these were games where a partnered studio did most of the development and the third was a port (Part Time UFO). The remaining two were Kirby Star Allies and BoxBoy+BoxGirl. And the most recent of those two were 2019, and BoxBoy definitely isn't a development heavy title, by HAL's own admission. Which means most of HAL has been working on something completely under wraps for about 3 years now. No one has been able to leak what it is and HAL has completely shoved aside their regular release schedule for whatever they're working on. It's undoubtedly a huge project either way. They haven't taken a break like this since the mid 2000's when HAL was trying to figure out what it wanted to do.

If Mother was to get remade, it's extremely likely that Nintendo and Itoi would attempt to get one of the teams that worked on the original games to handle it. Which leaves three candidates. First, we have APE, now known as Creatures. Considering their now intensive investment in the Pokemon franchise, it's doubtful this team would accept the job due to a lack of resources to handle it. Then you have 1-Up Studios (known at the time as Brownie Brown), who even then was only a support developer, so while they could certainly provide support for the Mother remakes, they wouldn't be able to handle it alone. That leaves the only real candidate being HAL Laboratory. This studio is one that constantly jumped between projects so they always had a team ready. I think that if remakes were being done, HAL would probably end up being the leading team unless HAL declined (At which point, I think Monolith would probably get the job, but we know what they're working on so it can't be them).

In regards to the theme parks, we can't seem to find anything in regards to Mother at these parks. I've already received word that Nintendo and Universal have been incredibly active taking down any leaks in regards to the parks as they come out. It's entirely possible that it has disappeared. I also found documents that show Kirby will eventually also be included in this park (alongside Zelda and DK). Anyone else find interesting that the two non-fully owned Nintendo properties are those with extensive ties to HAL? In addition, another note I want to add is that Nintendo's stuff appears to be getting preferential treatment with talks of parks getting closed down to build more Nintendo stuff. I expect something like Toon Lagoon may be torn down to create a HAL Laboratory exclave where Kirby and Mother will be found.

Mother is also the only franchise confirmed to be at the park that has no games on Switch. Pikmin also had this "honor" but that changed with Pikmin 3 Deluxe last year. Why include a series in a park if there's no way for most consumers to enjoy the original product? That's not a smart business decision for Universal or Nintendo and I doubt Universal really pushed hard for Mother, that was probably Nintendo's request. And if so, why?

I also want to notice that I have now seen 4 things get taken down this year. First, there was a tweet from years ago (just after Earthbound got released on Wii U) where Itoi was working on a "Mother republication" project that would make "Mother playable". Then, we had Itoi's like and retweet of a mockup of a Mother 1 remake disappear. Now we have the Earthbound OST and the theme parks scrubbing mention of Mother all in the months leading up to E3. It's starting to feel like someone is trying to prepare for something/hide their tracks.

That's all I have to say for now. Feel free to ask for clarification.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

So first, regarding music takedowns, I've done some minor research. First, the music and fan stuff didn't go down the same date. It seems based on the timeline I've been finding that Pollyanna and other such fan projects were taken down first and then a few days later, the OST got nuked. It appears anything not the OST has had its copyright claims lifted. So this appears to have been a coordinated attack on the fan projects and OST, but someone stepped in and reversed the decision on the fan works. Another note, as stated earlier, is that the OSTs for Mother 1 and 3 are fine. 3 will stay fine; Sony has no claim over the third game's OST. Watch out on Mother 1's. That one may get nuked. If there's a song you want saved, I'd get it now.

Regardless, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that these are not in regards to the albums. A quick search reveals that none of the popular uploads for the various Mother 1/2 albums have been taken down, and these albums released months ago. But that does make it interesting that they choose May to do this.

In regards to HAL, there's been no credible leaks as to what HAL has been doing, one of the few major Nintendo studios like that right now. Further, their silence and lack of game output is extremely out of character. From what I've gathered about the company, they need to regularly put out games in order to stay in good financials as none of their properties besides Kirby have any major sales history behind them. For reference, during the 3DS' lifespan, HAL released 13 games, plus 2 on the Wii and one on the Wii U. 16 games in 8 years. For Switch, they've done five in 4, and two of these were games where a partnered studio did most of the development and the third was a port (Part Time UFO). The remaining two were Kirby Star Allies and BoxBoy+BoxGirl. And the most recent of those two were 2019, and BoxBoy definitely isn't a development heavy title, by HAL's own admission. Which means most of HAL has been working on something completely under wraps for about 3 years now. No one has been able to leak what it is and HAL has completely shoved aside their regular release schedule for whatever they're working on. It's undoubtedly a huge project either way. They haven't taken a break like this since the mid 2000's when HAL was trying to figure out what it wanted to do.

If Mother was to get remade, it's extremely likely that Nintendo and Itoi would attempt to get one of the teams that worked on the original games to handle it. Which leaves three candidates. First, we have APE, now known as Creatures. Considering their now intensive investment in the Pokemon franchise, it's doubtful this team would accept the job due to a lack of resources to handle it. Then you have 1-Up Studios (known at the time as Brownie Brown), who even then was only a support developer, so while they could certainly provide support for the Mother remakes, they wouldn't be able to handle it alone. That leaves the only real candidate being HAL Laboratory. This studio is one that constantly jumped between projects so they always had a team ready. I think that if remakes were being done, HAL would probably end up being the leading team unless HAL declined (At which point, I think Monolith would probably get the job, but we know what they're working on so it can't be them).

In regards to the theme parks, we can't seem to find anything in regards to Mother at these parks. I've already received word that Nintendo and Universal have been incredibly active taking down any leaks in regards to the parks as they come out. It's entirely possible that it has disappeared. I also found documents that show Kirby will eventually also be included in this park (alongside Zelda and DK). Anyone else find interesting that the two non-fully owned Nintendo properties are those with extensive ties to HAL? In addition, another note I want to add is that Nintendo's stuff appears to be getting preferential treatment with talks of parks getting closed down to build more Nintendo stuff. I expect something like Toon Lagoon may be torn down to create a HAL Laboratory exclave where Kirby and Mother will be found.

Mother is also the only franchise confirmed to be at the park that has no games on Switch. Pikmin also had this "honor" but that changed with Pikmin 3 Deluxe last year. Why include a series in a park if there's no way for most consumers to enjoy the original product? That's not a smart business decision for Universal or Nintendo and I doubt Universal really pushed hard for Mother, that was probably Nintendo's request. And if so, why?

I also want to notice that I have now seen 4 things get taken down this year. First, there was a tweet from years ago (just after Earthbound got released on Wii U) where Itoi was working on a "Mother republication" project that would make "Mother playable". Then, we had Itoi's like and retweet of a mockup of a Mother 1 remake disappear. Now we have the Earthbound OST and the theme parks scrubbing mention of Mother all in the months leading up to E3. It's starting to feel like someone is trying to prepare for something/hide their tracks.

Trying to out long post me I see. Heh. I’ll have to make a cohesive masterpost to compete.

But yeah as far as the Universal stuff goes, I KNOW I posted it in this thread. I know because I remember other users commenting about it for a page or so. It was legit so if it really did get deleted... Why? That doesn’t make any sense to me. It was public, people read about it. It’s bizarre.

The retweet about the artist’s interpretation being unable to be found is also weird. I saw the screengrab at the time so I know the retweet was legit, and there were people in the thread commenting about it, so others knew about it too.

I dunno man. All I can is that I’m suspicious.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Here’s my crazy idea for a Mother-themed Universal attraction:

EarthBound: Voyage of the Phase Distorter (working title)

It would be a simulator ride similar to The Funtastic World of Hannah-Barbera or Back to the Future: The Ride. The guests are treated to a pre-show in which Dr. Andonuts introduces himself and gives a brief summary of the events of EarthBound and how Ness and his crew traveled back in time with the Phase Distorter to face Giygas. Andonuts then reveals that he and the Mr. Saturn invented a new version of the Phase Distorter which doesn’t destroy life through time travel and tells the guests that they have been selected to test it. He shows that they built two models, one for the guests and the other for himself. Just then, Porky breaks in and hijacks the one meant for Andonuts. The guests are tasked to pilot the remaining device and pursue Porky as Dr. Andonuts monitors them. The guests then board the “Phase Distorter” which takes them through various scenes from all three Mother games as they chase down Porky. Some ideas for these scenes might include Magicant and Mt. Itoi (when EVE fights the R7038XX) from EarthBound Beginnings, Fourside/Moonside (the Mani Mani statue appears and switches the scenery) and the Kraken battle from EarthBound, the Thunder Tower (the Pigmasks try to zap the guests as Fassad yells “Stop them you fools!”) and New Pork City from Mother 3, and ends with a confrontation against Giygas.

…and of course, the events of this theoretical ride would be non-canon.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

It would be a simulator ride similar to The Funtastic World of Hannah-Barbera or Back to the Future: The Ride. The guests are treated to a pre-show in which Dr. Andonuts introduces himself and gives a brief summary of the events of EarthBound and how Ness and his crew traveled back in time with the Phase Distorter to face Giygas. Andonuts then reveals that he and the Mr. Saturn invented a new version of the Phase Distorter which doesn’t destroy life through time travel and tells the guests that they have been selected to test it. He shows that they built two models, one for the guests and the other for himself. Just then, Porky breaks in and hi-jacks the one meant for Andonuts. The guests are tasked to pilot the remaining device and pursue Porky as Dr. Andonuts monitors them. The guests then board the “Phase Distorter” which takes them through various scenes from all three Mother games as they chase down Porky. Some ideas for these scenes might include Magicant and Mt. Itoi (when E.V.E. fights the R7038XX) from EarthBound Beginnings, Fourside/Moonside (the Mani Mani statue appears and switches the scenery) and the Kraken battle from EarthBound, the Thunder Tower (the Pigmasks try to zap the guests as Fassad yells “Stop them you fools!”) and New Pork City from Mother 3, and ends with a confrontation against Giygas.

And on top of this I expect Ness to be a mascot character you can meet and take photos with.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
I don't expect Earthbound to necessarily have proper rides. I think it'll probably be more like ToonTown in Disneyland. A meet and greet with a big focus on the environment, attempting to make Onett/Podunk/Tazmily Village look as authentic as possible.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

Mother is at Universal? When was this?
Got a source on that? That's super-bizarre. Because Nintendo would definitely be saving something THAT unexpected at that point.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't expect Earthbound to necessarily have proper rides. I think it'll probably be more like ToonTown in Disneyland. A meet and greet with a big focus on the environment, attempting to make Onett/Podunk/Tazmily Village look as authentic as possible.
I don't think that Earthbound is going to have any meetable characters other than Ness and possibly Lucas.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

It would be a simulator ride similar to The Funtastic World of Hannah-Barbera or Back to the Future: The Ride. The guests are treated to a pre-show in which Dr. Andonuts introduces himself and gives a brief summary of the events of EarthBound and how Ness and his crew traveled back in time with the Phase Distorter to face Giygas. Andonuts then reveals that he and the Mr. Saturn invented a new version of the Phase Distorter which doesn’t destroy life through time travel and tells the guests that they have been selected to test it. He shows that they built two models, one for the guests and the other for himself. Just then, Porky breaks in and hijacks the one meant for Andonuts. The guests are tasked to pilot the remaining device and pursue Porky as Dr. Andonuts monitors them. The guests then board the “Phase Distorter” which takes them through various scenes from all three Mother games as they chase down Porky. Some ideas for these scenes might include Magicant and Mt. Itoi (when EVE fights the R7038XX) from EarthBound Beginnings, Fourside/Moonside (the Mani Mani statue appears and switches the scenery) and the Kraken battle from EarthBound, the Thunder Tower (the Pigmasks try to zap the guests as Fassad yells “Stop them you fools!”) and New Pork City from Mother 3, and ends with a confrontation against Giygas.

Damn that'd be awesome

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
What if the earthbound in universal is just something really small like Mr Saturns being hidden in some places, like what they did with pikmin, that makes more sense.

Also do you guys have a source of this stuff?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What if the earthbound in universal is just something really small like Mr Saturns being hidden in some places, like what they did with pikmin, that makes more sense.

Also do you guys have a source of this stuff?
I think that they will at least have Ness as a meet and greet character.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
I think that they will at least have Ness as a meet and greet character.
Ehhhh maybe in the one from Japan, i just think that might be too much effort for earthbound, especially considering the other Nintendo characters that are more recognizable.

Also.
I'm sure you guys have already added this to the list of stuff that might mean something, i just felt like showing.
Obviously there always exist the possibility of the back cover being the same or something not smash related.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ehhhh maybe in the one from Japan, i just think that might be too much effort for earthbound, especially considering the other Nintendo characters that are more recognizable.

I'm sure everyone has consider this already but just to have another "maybe this means something"
Well, Ness has been in the Smash series since Day 1, and Earthbound is popular over here, if the incessant demands to bring Mother 3 to the west are of any indication.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
Well, Ness has been in the Smash series since Day 1, and Earthbound is popular over here, if the incessant demands to bring Mother 3 to the west are of any indication.
True but thats people like us, mainstream audiences that go to parks don't really know ness. what I'm trying to say is, while we might see people talk about earthbound in the internet a lot, we probably won't see a lot people on the street talk about mother 3.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I don't expect anything major either. I was just throwing my idea out there.

Then again, Universal kinda has a history of making attractions based on films that weren't as popular. Like the Waterworld stuntshow, which is based on a movie that was a failure both critically and financially. I remember going to the Van Helsing: Castle Dracula when it was still open, and that one was based on a film that was critically panned. Difference is, the Mother series is critically praised.

But to reiterate, I'm not setting my hopes too high.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't expect anything major either. I was just throwing my idea out there.

Then again, Universal kinda has a history of making attractions based on films that weren't as popular. Like the Waterworld stuntshow, which is based on a movie that was a failure both critically and financially. I remember going to the Van Helsing: Castle Dracula when it was still open, and that one was based on a film that was critically panned. Difference is, the Mother series is critically praised.

But to reiterate, I'm not setting my hopes too high.
I at least expect Ness to show up because I expect all of the OG Smash's roster (aside from the Pokemon characters) to appear as meetable characters at the park. Notably, I expect Link, Samus, and Captain Falcon to not be mascots, while I expect the rest to be mascots.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
I expect that Japan will probably have a bigger focus on the Earthbound series as a whole and will have all three protagonists as meetable characters and that the US will probably focus on Earthbound alone and probably only do Ness, Paula, and Jeff/Poo.

As for a source... we can't find it. I've spoken to no less than a dozen people who have all remember Mother at BOTH US and Japan parks being leaked but none of us can find a source on it. Nintendo and Universal have cracked down HEAVILY on leaks regarding the park, so it's not unreasonable to suggest that the leaks have simply been scrubbed by their lawyers.

One final note, I don't think Earthbound will have a big focus, at least not in the American parks. I think Kirby and Earthbound will probably share a section while Mario, DK, and Zelda get their own massive sections.

As for Pollyanna 2, I've explained to Griffin repeated. The new year for Mother Project has been extremely odd. I distinctly remember them saying that the Mother Project would only run through 2020. Most of this year has nothing and then we get Pollyanna 2 out of nowhere and we haven't received a single update on the book yet. It feels like Itoi is trying to bide time and Mother Project was launched too early or rather something Mother Project was meant to be tied to has been pushed later than expected.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Speaking of the Mother project...

We’ve got an official Ness hat boys.

A59730CE-DA8E-4E50-83F5-968E07C88D87.jpeg

Approx 77 US dollars
0EB410A8-8EC4-41ED-9EF8-EB08BFC4C02C.png

Sweet baby Jesus, maybe one day I’ll be able to afford it.

Anyways, interesting how this dropped like mere days after that tweet huh? Interesting indeed... Also I’m about to start writing a big post that will go over all the weird evidence/happenings collected and hopefully make it easier to digest. Should hopefully be worth a read when done.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
I kinda found info on the "earthbound in universal" thing. It's from 2019, so you guys weren't lying or misremembering.

This is in Spanish btw.

The important parts say:

"It appears that the information does not come directly from Universal Studios but from Castel, a Japanese amusement park website, so the information cannot be officially confirmed at this time.

now we receive news related to this same amusement park from the official website of Universal Studios Japan.

And this page has recently been updated in preparation for the arrival of Super Nintendo World for 2020. On the website, we can now see that the names of several Nintendo franchises that are supposed to be present in the amusement park are mentioned.

In addition to Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby, Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, Star Fox, Pikmin and Fire Emblem are the franchises that appear. It should be noted that all of them appear as "possible" franchises represented in the amusement park.

The official website is believed to be referencing the IPs that have a chance of appearing in Super Nintendo World depending on how successful the park is in Japan."

basically, earthbound and the other franchises weren't planned but they might be being considered to be added if the park is successful.

But even then, why earthbound, f-zero, starfox and fe?
Zelda, animal crossing and Kirby make sense, Miyamoto loves Pikmin so yeah that makes sense too (Pikmin are already in the park if i remember correctly), but why this franchises not super well known?
Knowing the info doesn't come directly from universal the people who did this might have just searched "nintendo franchises" and threw random names in there but why not Splatoon or something :/.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I kinda found info on the "earthbound in universal" thing. It's from 2019, so you guys weren't lying or misremembering.

This is in Spanish btw.

The important parts say:

"It appears that the information does not come directly from Universal Studios but from Castel, a Japanese amusement park website, so the information cannot be officially confirmed at this time.

now we receive news related to this same amusement park from the official website of Universal Studios Japan.

And this page has recently been updated in preparation for the arrival of Super Nintendo World for 2020. On the website, we can now see that the names of several Nintendo franchises that are supposed to be present in the amusement park are mentioned.

In addition to Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby, Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, Star Fox, Pikmin and Fire Emblem are the franchises that appear. It should be noted that all of them appear as "possible" franchises represented in the amusement park.

The official website is believed to be referencing the IPs that have a chance of appearing in Super Nintendo World depending on how successful the park is in Japan."

basically, earthbound and the other franchises weren't planned but they might be being considered to be added if the park is successful.

But even then, why earthbound, f-zero, starfox and fe?
Zelda, animal crossing and Kirby make sense, Miyamoto loves Pikmin so yeah that makes sense too (Pikmin are already in the park if i remember correctly), but why this franchises not super well known?
Knowing the info doesn't come directly from universal the people who did this might have just searched "nintendo franchises" and threw random names in there but why not Splatoon or something :/.
Fire Emblem is also a big Nintendo franchise, while F-Zero and Earthbound are both hits with classic Nintendo fans that have been represented in Smash from Day 1, and I believe that the entire roster of Smash 64 will be meetable characters in Super Nintendo World, with the exceptions of the Pokemon characters.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
Fire Emblem is also a big Nintendo franchise, while F-Zero and Earthbound are both hits with classic Nintendo fans that have been represented in Smash from Day 1, and I believe that the entire roster of Smash 64 will be meetable characters in Super Nintendo World, with the exceptions of the Pokemon characters.
Honestly after seeing this list specifically choose F-Zero, Earthbound, Fe and Starfox, all series that have characters well known because of smash, i can see your idea being a thing that could actually happen instead of just a cool idea.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
Even with these cool crazy theory and stuff, i don't 100% think ninten is gonna be in the game, hype responsibly everyone.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I’m alive.

Even with these cool crazy theory and stuff, i don't 100% think ninten is gonna be in the game, hype responsibly everyone.
Honestly, that’s the best mindset to have. Wish all the people convinced that Master Chief for some reason is being shown tomorrow would do the same.

I think people need to keep in mind that the whole pandemic thing sorta threw a wrench into the plans of pretty much every company and that E3 didn’t happen last year which tells me that at least one of the last four revealed was planned for E3 2020. And with that my money is on Steve being the one that was likely planned there and even possibly Sephiroth. I honestly don’t expect any bandwagon choices for these last two just like how the last two choices in the last fighter pass were as far from bandwagon and popular picks as possible.

I guess my point here is that whoever we’re getting tomorrow is gonna be a shock to the grand majority of people. The fact that they haven’t leaked yet tells me it’s not Microsoft or Squeenix or a popular third party pick. It’s a Nintendo rep or an off the wall third party that no one thought was actually possible like Monokuma or something.

Looking back at the fighter pass. It’s interesting to see that the only characters that leaked were Third party. Byleth, Min Min, and Pyra/Mythra were locked up surprisingly tight. The only third party that didn’t leak was Joker and even he had his data in the game before launch. So again. It’s gonna be a 1st party that catches everyone off guard, or some rando that catches everyone off guard.

Either way. Should be interesting to see how the fandom reacts.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
I’m alive.

Honestly, that’s the best mindset to have. Wish all the people convinced that Master Chief for some reason is being shown tomorrow would do the same.

I think people need to keep in mind that the whole pandemic thing sorta threw a wrench into the plans of pretty much every company and that E3 didn’t happen last year which tells me that at least one of the last four revealed was planned for E3 2020. And with that my money is on Steve being the one that was likely planned there and even possibly Sephiroth. I honestly don’t expect any bandwagon choices for these last two just like how the last two choices in the last fighter pass were as far from bandwagon and popular picks as possible.

I guess my point here is that whoever we’re getting tomorrow is gonna be a shock to the grand majority of people. The fact that they haven’t leaked yet tells me it’s not Microsoft or Squeenix or a popular third party pick. It’s a Nintendo rep or an off the wall third party that no one thought was actually possible like Monokuma or something.

Looking back at the fighter pass. It’s interesting to see that the only characters that leaked were Third party. Byleth, Min Min, and Pyra/Mythra were locked up surprisingly tight. The only third party that didn’t leak was Joker and even he had his data in the game before launch. So again. It’s gonna be a 1st party that catches everyone off guard, or some rando that catches everyone off guard.

Either way. Should be interesting to see how the fandom reacts.
I think that's just the mindset you get when you expect obscure characters tbh. You never get your character so you just accept everything, sounds pessimistic but honestly everyone in smash is fun so far any character will end up being a good addition.

Also
We might be getting 2 characters, the smash bros playlist did the thing.
the end is here y'all hope you guys have a good day.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
A Tekken character, just like Sakurai wanted back then, it seems this pass really is the "hey we didn't add this then, but now we can"
It's the stragglers pass indeed my dudes...

Also feel like I should bring this up. The Mother Project just dumped what I like to call, a metric f*** ton of more Mother merch. Let's see, what do we got here...

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.54.01 PM.png

Got a plush set here. Might have to get me that StarMan.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.54.09 PM.png

Some actual honest to god Mother 3 merch here. Interesting that they waited until now

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.54.17 PM.png

Another pin set which includes the Third Strongest Guardian of the Mines. Wanna say that's a Fassad pin as well.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.54.25 PM.png

A nice Navy blue shirt.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.54.39 PM.png

Two more folders.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.54.47 PM.png

A golden Ramblin Evil Mushroom pin.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.54.54 PM.png

And finally some more charms including a Mother 3 logo charm. Honestly wondering why they didn't just dump all the logo charms at once.

I have some ohter thoughts about the new character and direct, (FINALLY. DANGANRONPA ON THE SWITCH!!!) but I plan on talking about that in a separate post later. Some pretty interesting stuff honestly. Mostly just wanted to show the merch dump.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
GUYS IT FINNALY HAPPENED IM SO HAPPY OFFICIAL PLUSHIES OF THE CHOSEN 4!!!

edit : hopefully they make more for mother 1 and 3
there are other cool things like
Mani Mani statue
itoi Mr.saturn
edit 2 : apparently sony is taking down chuggaaconroy's earthbound let's plays because of the music thing, this is weird since, you know... They are let's plays they aren't just music they shouldn't be able to do that since they don't own the game this might have to do with YouTube letting anyone copyright a video.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
GUYS IT FINNALY HAPPENED IM SO HAPPY OFFICIAL PLUSHIES OF THE CHOSEN 4!!!

edit : hopefully they make more for mother 1 and 3
there are other cool things like
Mani Mani statue
itoi Mr.saturn
Those all look amazing! I love how the Mani Mani Statue's in a crate, like you're buying a stolen archaeological find or something.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
You know, I find it surreal to actually get back here and see you guys here!
I hope you guys haven't forgotten about me, glad to see ya'll again.

After going out on my own little journey, it is great and refreshing to be back here with wonderful people who are just as passionate about MOTHER and Ninten as I am, if not more!~

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Sorry for the lack of updates. My good computer died and just kinda forgot to update here. NASB’s announcement certainly didn’t help. (All I can say about that without spamming a wall of text is that I hope the modes are good and Dib is eventually added.) But with a direct tomorrow, I’ll just post a quick update of things.

Firstly Kazuya. The dust settled a while ago but I want to reiterate a couple things. 1. Kazuya didn’t leak like most of the other third parties did. The only other third party that didn’t leak was Joker and that was likely due to the Sephiroth leaks taking more priority. So why didn’t Kazuya leak like the rest? This is probably due to how close Namco is with Nintendo. After all, they’re one of the devs of the game. The Heihachi costume in both Smash 4 and Ultimate never leaked, even when Ryu did back in 2015. What does this mean? Well to me it says that for SSBU, Namco characters are under similar protections as 1st party characters due to Namco outright working on the game. To me this says that the next character is either A: Another Namco rep, or B: A first party. And with how there hasn’t been two of the same company in a row this pass, I’m pretty confident in this next character being a first party.

Second thing about Kazuya is like I stated earlier, is another example of this being the stragglers pass. An Arms rep and Xenoblade 2 rep were planned for base but got cut. Steve and Seph were leaked ages ago. Back in the Smash 4 days, Sakurai really wanted to add a Tekken character, but couldn’t figure out how one would work. So like Steve who had plans since 2015, the same year the Heihachi costume dropped, Kazuya had to wait much longer to be included into Smash making him the biggest straggler of the bunch. So who’s the final straggler? A Min Min type first party where they were pushed back or a Byleth first party where it’s a shill? Or both? We’ll see.

In other news, the EB soundtrack is still nuked. Sad day, but it’s still pretty damn weird to me that it didn’t take long for the fan projects to come back. That tells me that the fan projects were without a doubt caught in the crossfire and Nintendo/Itoi didn’t mean for those to go down too. Sony being the one doing it is also sus to me. The uploads of the Mother 1+2 soundtrack ALSO got nuked as well as the new PSI Remixes for the new Mother 2 vinyl. Why they waited several months later to bomb the EB soundtrack and seemingly use Sony as a proxy is beyond me, unless it’s to shift blame. After all, Sony does have the distribution rights to the soundtracks, but can’t do it without Nintendo’s permission. Again, could it be possible for Nintendo to go to Sony to get more Mother music for smash alongside Seph like Steve and Banjo? Who knows.

Now the important s**t I wanted to mention. So the Mother project was supposed to end in 2020 right? Yet they updated up until June of this year last time I posted. I honestly expected that to be end. I mean, there was an OFFICIAL NESS HAT THAT DROPPED. Well the correct answer to that is NOPE!! We got even MORE plush magnets including a Zombie possessor and Happy Happiest. There’s Stoic Club Membership Cards, as well as the Happy Happy Village postcard that makes you feel sad and empty. (Gotta get me and my friend one of those.) a big boy Mr. Saturn that I bought, and a bunch of reusable bags. Most interestingly though, there’s a 2022 calendar for sale. Do… They plan to extend this even further? Why? How did a one year event expand to a multi year shindig. They waiting for something?

Speaking of the Mother Project, Pollyanna 2 has been completed and will be released soon. How soon? October! Bit strange that they’d release a Mother book in the fall… Hmm. The announcement kinda came our of nowhere too. Either way I’m pumped for more cute art.

I guess I should get into what I think is happening tomorrow: Nothing. At least not a Smash character, unless their release is far off into mid/late October. I feel this way for a couple of reasons. One is the fact that the pass would end MUCH earlier than Pass one did. While pass 1 ended a month early, this would end TWO months early. I feel like Nintendo would wait until at least mid October to reveal the character then release them later closer to the holidays to max profits for Fighter Pass 2 sales. I could be wrong, but there’s gotta be a reason they specified December. February is near the end of Nintendo’s fiscal year, so that explains why Byleth released a couple days before it. Once again, I could be wrong, but something feels weird here to me.

Another reason is NASB, which drops October 5th. I know It’s dumb to compare the juggernaut that is Smash to what’s more or less a Melee knockoff, but if this DLC character really isn’t a hype machine, it wouldn’t be a good idea to dump it the same week a hyped up clone drops on the same platform. If anything, I expect them to finally reveal the rest of the characters on the damn NASB box tomorrow honestly. I know I said I wouldn’t talk about it but sheesh man we like, know barely anything about the game’s modes and features and it comes out in less than two weeks. Now would be the time to show some stuff off.

I expect Metroid Dread, some Pokemon stuff and hopefully something cool. I can’t watch it live so… Hope I don’t miss anything too cool. I wrote this while sleep deprived but I think that’s to be expected of me at this point. Ani out.

Top Bottom