• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Yikes, stay safe. I've never seen a tornado or anything of the sort, but I'm sure I'd be hella scared. So don't be like me, is what I'm trying to say.
Man I'd be scared of the tornado as much as Butch is afraid of Kumatora in Mother 3!

Hello yes i am alive.

I hope the best for you! Please stay safe.

By the way, this board is the best. You guys care about each other which i cant say for alot of people who just talk. Its really amazing how you guys look out for each other. The world could use a few people like you guys.
Hey, thanks! :) It's yet another reason I love this thread so much and live here lmao. It's just a nice, chill discussion - or, heck, just even chat - where we just have fun.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hello yes i am alive.

By the way, this board is the best. You guys care about each other which i cant say for alot of people who just talk. Its really amazing how you guys look out for each other. The world could use a few people like you guys.
I'm sure people elsewhere care about each other, it just takes a higher level of trust to actually voice it. Especially with us forum people, as I'd be willing to guess many people aren't exactly the most extroverted irl.

(Inb4 I'm totally in the wrong and just projecting/repeating tired 'geek' stereotypes)
Man I'd be scared of the tornado as much as Butch is afraid of Kumatora in Mother 3!
Nice reference.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure people elsewhere care about each other, it just takes a higher level of trust to actually voice it. Especially with us forum people, as I'd be willing to guess many people aren't exactly the most extroverted irl.

(Inb4 I'm totally in the wrong and just projecting/repeating tired 'geek' stereotypes)

Nice reference.
Why thank you!

And I trust everyone here in this thread. Thank y'all for making this my favorite thread.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Yikes, stay safe. I've never seen a tornado or anything of the sort, but I'm sure I'd be hella scared. So don't be like me, is what I'm trying to say.
Hello yes i am alive.

Thanks for all of the support! The tornadoes are gone (for now) and they didn't really end up hitting anywhere super close to where I live so that's good. As for this thread, I really do love it so much. Everyone here is just so kind and supportive and I really do feel comfortable voicing my opinions and just chit-chatting here. It's a nice chill thread and all of you guys have made my experience here really enjoyable!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm trying, but living in the midwestern USA this time of year sucks. I'm currently cowering in my basement because tornadoes :')
Oh man. Hope it's better now. I live in the upper midwest US so thankfully I don't have to deal with those very often, but I'd lie if the wicked summer thunderstorms/windstorms didn't freal me the hell out. (I live by the woods so there's always the possibility of a tree falling on the house which is nice.)

Thanks for all of the support! The tornadoes are gone (for now) and they didn't really end up hitting anywhere super close to where I live so that's good. As for this thread, I really do love it so much. Everyone here is just so kind and supportive and I really do feel comfortable voicing my opinions and just chit-chatting here. It's a nice chill thread and all of you guys have made my experience here really enjoyable!
I'm glad you like it here! It's lowkey my fave thread since it's super mellow. That and I can throw theories at the wall here and see what sticks.

D

Deleted member

Thank goodness (I was literally just about to write this as one word lol). And I love the thread for pretty much the same reasons.

Oh man. Hope it's better now. I live in the upper midwest US so thankfully I don't have to deal with those very often, but I'd lie if the wicked summer thunderstorms/windstorms didn't freal me the hell out. (I live by the woods so there's always the possibility of a tree falling on the house which is nice.)

I'm glad you like it here! It's lowkey my fave thread since it's super mellow. That and I can throw theories at the wall here and see what sticks.
Wait really!? Man, I wish you luck of you come across any storms like that in the future.

And there is no "realistic" or "correct" or "incorrect" theory over here. We just have fun.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Wait really!? Man, I wish you luck of you come across any storms like that in the future.

And there is no "realistic" or "correct" or "incorrect" theory over here. We just have fun.
Yeah we had a few close calls with trees hitting and damaging our deck. Thankfully didn’t damage the house though.

D

Deleted member

Trust me, Territorial Oaks are everywhere where I live. I basically live in Scandinavian swampland that's not in Scandinavia.
Sounds just like...

THE DEEP DARKNESS

(Seriously I use to think The Deep Darkness was called "The Dark Deepness")

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Few things are as surreal as searching up pics of Ninten and seeing your moveset you made six months ago popping up in one of the first few rows.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Few things are as surreal as searching up pics of Ninten and seeing your moveset you made six months ago popping up in one of the first few rows.
Oh lord, the same thing has happened to me before too because I made a Ninten moveset (that I'm hopefully gonna revamp one of these days) and posted it on Amino or something a few months ago

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh lord, the same thing has happened to me before too because I made a Ninten moveset (that I'm hopefully gonna revamp one of these days) and posted it on Amino or something a few months ago
Mine made a surprising amount of rounds in some circles apparently despite the only place I actually posted it was in LaxChris’s discord server as an argument against the “he’d for sure be an echo” crowd.

Like I saw it on both Insta and Amino. It was ****ing weird seeing it getting attention.

D

Deleted member

It hasn't happened to me but I feel like I already know the feeling lol. Sometimes, when I search up Ninten or Lucas fanart, I search up my Smashboards account.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
As a kid I used to look up Smash movesets for hypothetical characters on YouTube and Google Images, so your movesets might actually be inspiring some people to become supporters.

D

Deleted member

As a kid I used to look up Smash movesets for hypothetical characters on YouTube and Google Images, so your movesets might actually be inspiring some people to become supporters.
Yeah, I think they are. I think that's also part of the reason I supported (and still support) Duster, 'cause I liked the ideas for his moveset potential.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Here's a funny story, I was once playing as Lucas in Smash Ultimate with a streamer. And I talked crap about Nintendo not localizing it.

Guess what happened...

It was my turn, it crashed and the character selected was Mario. For some reason. o.O

It was funny when I said that in the chat. That Nintendo heard me talking and proceeded to troll me. xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's a funny story, I was once playing as Lucas in Smash Ultimate with a streamer. And I talked crap about Nintendo not localizing it.

Guess what happened...

It was my turn, it crashed and the character selected was Mario. For some reason. o.O

It was funny when I said that in the chat. xD
Hmmm....MOTHER 3 LOCALIZED/MOTHER TRILOGY REMAKE CONFIRMED!?!?!?

D

Deleted member

(Sorry for double post in advance)

But, someone is hosting another fan poll, so y'all know what we need to do. I forgot to post the original one here, so sorry 'bout that, but Ninten still got in the top 50 in the previous one!

Anyways, here it is (the link to the survey is in the tweet):

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

What would y'all think of Hippie, Tenda, and Pigmask Mii costumes?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So something interesting I discovered. Joker's height stat actually wasn't a placeholder, as it remains the same in the code.

https://pastebin.com/vMWLm8jR

Even more interesting, check this out.

image1.jpg

Both size 15, yet one is about a block taller than the other. Thought it might have been a placeholder from seeing that, but then I went and checked out something else.

image0.jpg

Both characters are size 13 here, which is the size of Brave. Young Link is a block taller just like Joker.

So I'd say that the chance of Brave getting any taller than Young Link is most likely not gonna happen.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Dib Dib Out of curiosity do you have the link to that stream that mentioned a Mother character? In the mood for some sleuthing either tonight or tomorrow heh.

D

Deleted member

In a Mother trilogy remake, I think more versions of slingshot would be cool. There's only one kind of slingshot at the beginning of the game but I'd like if there were more kinds.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hey, don't expect me posting a whole lot here for a bit. For two reasons: 1. The powerpoint is gonna take ten years, and 2. Speculation is honestly draining my emotions right now and I'm not having a lot of fun.

In a Mother trilogy remake, I think more versions of slingshot would be cool. There's only one kind of slingshot at the beginning of the game but I'd like if there were more kinds.
Gimmie a bionic boomerang plz.

D

Deleted member

Hey, don't expect me posting a whole lot here for a bit. For two reasons: 1. The powerpoint is gonna take ten years, and 2. Speculation is honestly draining my emotions right now and I'm not having a lot of fun.

Bionic boomerang would be awesome.

And take it easy. Speculation (outside of this and maybe a couple of other threads) is toxic as hell lol. But take care :)

D

Deleted member

(Double post, sorry)

In a Mother trilogy remake, I think it would be cool if they added a small animation of Ness checking his backpack whenever you open your inventory in Earthbound.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Hi,how is everybody doing? i hope you guys are doing fine, I've been busy with stuff so I had little time to be here.

Plus there is not a lot of juice for speculation at the moment (unless I missed something) but the E3 is getting near so expect me being here with my dreams crushed.

D

Deleted member

Hi,how is everybody doing? i hope you guys are doing fine, I've been busy with stuff so I had little time to be here.

Plus there is not a lot of juice for speculation at the moment (unless I missed something) but the E3 is getting near so expect me being here with my dreams crushed.
I think I'm holding up okay. And yeah, speculation is pretty dry right know and it mostly just the wait until E3 (Ninten and Mother trilogy remake pls).

In other news, the FF7 remake was revealed yesterday. I'm surprised it happened lol.

Auraseth

Smash Rookie

You know what haha Id love for ninten to come to smash for SO many reasons! But honestly one of the biggest reasons I want him to come now, is because of all the work you've been doing! 3 PowerPoints and word document, all the research, you attitude! I mean honestly I hope he comes so everything and all the work you're doing right now pays off!

Top Bottom