• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
What is everyone's perfect Fighter's Pass (assist trophies included, and pure wants, not predictions)?

Mine is:
1. Joker (already confirmed)
2. Ninten (you guys already know why)
3. Isaac (played Golden Sun in February, loved it, and third most wanted)
4. Conker (I decided this teenage R-rated squirrel is my choice for a Microsoft rep, thank you TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself )
5. Geno (last but definitely not least, and SMRPG is my 4th favorite game, after the Mother series as a whole)
1. Joker
2. Ninten
3. Dragon Quest rep (personal preference for DQ2,DQ5 or DQ7 protags,but anyone is fine)
4. Dixie Kong
5. James Bond (lol I'm not joking but Goldeneye was such a big success on the N64 and I think he was planned for Melee but was cut for copyright reasons or real weaponry (no longer the case because of Snake?) or something like that)

If they release an echo fighter pass:
1. Ninten (echo for Ness or Lucas,doesn't matter. (But with a few tweaks a la Chrom to compensate his lack of PK Flash/etc)
2. MS.PACMAN (seriously why this isn't in the game already Sakurai pls)
3. Toon Zelda/Young Zelda/Hilda
4. Sakura (another echo for Ryu with some tweaks)
5. Dr. Luigi (just a filler couldn't come up with a fifth echo)

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Fun fact for all lucas mains in this thread
It looks like lucas’s hair doesnt move, right? Well in brawl, it does! If you get his shield break animation, his hair actually moves a bit! Check it out.
https://youtu.be/GSVMSItHOEg
(Lucas is the last character in the comp, its the best i could find)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Joker
2. Ninten
3. Dragon Quest rep (personal preference for DQ2,DQ5 or DQ7 protags,but anyone is fine)
4. Dixie Kong
5. James Bond (lol I'm not joking but Goldeneye was such a big success on the N64 and I think he was planned for Melee but was cut for copyright reasons or real weaponry (no longer the case because of Snake?) or something like that)

If they release an echo fighter pass:
1. Ninten (echo for Ness or Lucas,doesn't matter. (But with a few tweaks a la Chrom to compensate his lack of PK Flash/etc)
2. MS.PACMAN (seriously why this isn't in the game already Sakurai pls)
3. Toon Zelda/Young Zelda/Hilda
4. Sakura (another echo for Ryu with some tweaks)
5. Dr. Luigi (just a filler couldn't come up with a fifth echo)
James Bond would be sick.

Fun fact for all lucas mains in this thread
It looks like lucas’s hair doesnt move, right? Well in brawl, it does! If you get his shield break animation, his hair actually moves a bit! Check it out.
https://youtu.be/GSVMSItHOEg
(Lucas is the last character in the comp, its the best i could find)
Seeing his hair move after all these years is like finding out that that peanut butter brand is "Jif" not "Gif."

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Seeing his hair move after all these years is like finding out that that peanut butter brand is "Jif" not "Gif."
If you look at brawl lucas all together, his hair is animated in a ton of stuff, not just the dizzy animation. It also moves on his pk fire, idk why they didnt reanimate for ultimate.

D

Deleted member

If you look at brawl lucas all together, his hair is animated in a ton of stuff, not just the dizzy animation. It also moves on his pk fire, idk why they didnt reanimate for ultimate.
My life is a lie.

Lmao but seriously....how did I not see this!?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I feel like I remember that, but completely forgot until I rewatched that vid.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
This is something I remember so vividly, I wonder why they removed his hair animations in Sm4sh. I noticed it most frequently with his dash animation, because the top part would just swoosh backwards and then bounce forwards you when stopped.

D

Deleted member

Now, I'm not seeing it until Friday, so, if anyone spoils it, I have a Hank's Bat that I'm not afraid to use.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I'd thought I'd share this custom stage that I designed.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really love this.

But man do I need to get stage builder already lol. I want to try and make Twinkle Elementary School, Scaraba, and/or Deep Darkness.

Also now I know your username stands for "Admiral" not "Admin" like I originally thought lmao.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Kay I saw it. Not my fave Marvel movie but I thought it was good.

Welp. Guess I gotta get Nintendo Online to download everyone’s stages heh.

D

Deleted member

The only way I would ever get Nintendo online is if it would have something to do with being able to play Mother games or Super Mario RPG (which makes no sense considering you don't need it for the majority of the games on the Switch).

So in other words I have no plans of ever getting it.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The only way I would ever get Nintendo online is if it would have something to do with being able to play Mother games or Super Mario RPG (which makes no sense considering you don't need it for the majority of the games on the Switch).

So in other words I have no plans of ever getting it.
I said back when they revealed it that if they put Mother 1 on their service I’ll buy it.

They still haven’t yet so no buy from me I guess.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
NSO is really not worth the price point. I only use it to play NES games. The only reason I'm paying for it is because I'm sharing a family account between 6 friends.
I really love this.

But man do I need to get stage builder already lol. I want to try and make Twinkle Elementary School, Scaraba, and/or Deep Darkness.

Also now I know your username stands for "Admiral" not "Admin" like I originally thought lmao.
I thought it stood for Adam.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a Switch yet but to be honest I won't get the online unless I'm paying that family thingy with other friends. I'm not really digging the online system for Smash. But if they add online SNES (or even N64) games that's another story lol.

Online matters aside. Via debug menu I added Paula early into the party and I started doing a Paula-solo Earthbound run. I'm in Twoson already and I have to say that Onett was a cakewalk, Paula is fast and PK Freeze deals like 100+ damage so anything barely touched me. Things will get tough when she is supposed to join and have Ness with her.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
Haven't been here in a while. At this point I think Giygas is a much better Mother rep to add to Smash than Ninten is, but I still support Ninten. I feel like making a Giygas support thread but I'd have to make my moveset first which I've been putting off. I also know that if I make a support thread I'd just get spammed with "Porky's better bro Porky the best bro Mother 3 best game ever Porky is the only Mother rep" or "He's just LITERALLY Mewtwo he can't be added" as stupid as both of those are.

What do you guys think? Should I make a Giygas thread?

D

Deleted member

NSO is really not worth the price point. I only use it to play NES games. The only reason I'm paying for it is because I'm sharing a family account between 6 friends.

I thought it stood for Adam.
Yeah, that makes sense (and, huh, I didn't know that about NSO).

I don't have a Switch yet but to be honest I won't get the online unless I'm paying that family thingy with other friends. I'm not really digging the online system for Smash. But if they add online SNES (or even N64) games that's another story lol.

Online matters aside. Via debug menu I added Paula early into the party and I started doing a Paula-solo Earthbound run. I'm in Twoson already and I have to say that Onett was a cakewalk, Paula is fast and PK Freeze deals like 100+ damage so anything barely touched me. Things will get tough when she is supposed to join and have Ness with her.
This sounds like a really awesome way to play the game lol. I want to try that with Poo one time to test out PSI Brainshock on Starman Jr. and The Dept. Store Spook.

Haven't been here in a while. At this point I think Giygas is a much better Mother rep to add to Smash than Ninten is, but I still support Ninten. I feel like making a Giygas support thread but I'd have to make my moveset first which I've been putting off. I also know that if I make a support thread I'd just get spammed with "Porky's better bro Porky the best bro Mother 3 best game ever Porky is the only Mother rep" or "He's just LITERALLY Mewtwo he can't be added" as stupid as both of those are.

Go for it.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Giegue is my third pick after Claus and Ninten, so I say go for it dude. Poor guy needs more love.

Honestly most EB characters deserve more love at this point but alas the Smash fandom is an untamed beast that does what it pleases even if it makes no sense to most.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I'd love Giegue to be playable, but tbh I can only justify myself wanting him as a Mewtwo echo. I haven't really seen a unique moveset that sells me.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
I'd love Giegue to be playable, but tbh I can only justify myself wanting him as a Mewtwo echo. I haven't really seen a unique moveset that sells me.
Giygas being a Mewtwo echo would never happen. There's so many things reasons wrong with that.
But I will make a unique moveset. Even if it takes 100% of my brain.

D

Deleted member

I have an idea.

For a final smash, Ninten could...

TRANSFORM INTO THE NEW AGE RETRO HIPPIE AND MEDITATE!!!!!!!!

....I'm sorry, I'm tired. G'night y'all!

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet

Personally, if your adding a villain (not trying to be mean) but porky just seems more fitting at the moment. If, however ninten got added now, then maybe next game he could get in. Reason being that gigue fought ninten, ninten is a spirit, but porky has fought ness and lucas, who are both in smash already, and is the only boss without a spirit. Yes gigue doesnt gave a spirit, which gives him more of a chance aswell. It could go either way but i just want porky or ninten tbh. (Also not saying spirits deconfirm fighters but i think it would lower their chances, piranha plant didnt have one and he made it, but who knows.)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Personally, if your adding a villain (not trying to be mean) but porky just seems more fitting at the moment. If, however ninten got added now, then maybe next game he could get in. Reason being that gigue fought ninten, ninten is a spirit, but porky has fought ness and lucas, who are both in smash already, and is the only boss without a spirit. Yes gigue doesnt gave a spirit, which gives him more of a chance aswell. It could go either way but i just want porky or ninten tbh. (Also not saying spirits deconfirm fighters but i think it would lower their chances, piranha plant didnt have one and he made it, but who knows.)
To be fair, Giegue was the main antagonist in two games as well. And with Porky, I dunno. To me it seems that he lacks a spirit either due to Itoi’s wishes or to be packaged in an optional spirit board paired with Ninten or someone.

I also like Giegue as a character more than Porky so I dunno. My personal most wanted is Claus and no one thinks he’s gonna happen. Not stopping him from being my most wanted though and expressing my want. Shrug. Just my two cents.

D

Deleted member

About spirits, I don't think they deconfirm fighters or have any effect on characters' chances for DLC, mainly because they were decided by a separate team.

(And, for characters without spirits, PushDustin showed that the reason they weren't spirits is because they couldn't get the rights to either official artwork or in-game sprites)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I want to apologize for not being around or very active. Don't think that I've lost interest in this thread or anything, I'm guilty of having gotten too into playing some games that I've kinda been only playing them and nothing else. However, now I'll check way more regularly!

Also, points to Zack E. for being such a cool guy and asking me how I was doing! It was really appreciated!

As much as I love Ninten, I would be happy to have Giegue/Giygas as well, but I still preffer Ninten over him.
Still, he's a really overlooked villain with Porky being around (no hate on Porky, I love him as a villain as well) and he's one of my favorite villains, go for it if you haven't already!

In any case, sorry for not being so active. As I said before, now I'll check more regularly! Hope you all have a nice day! c:

D

Deleted member

I want to apologize for not being around or very active. Don't think that I've lost interest in this thread or anything, I'm guilty of having gotten too into playing some games that I've kinda been only playing them and nothing else. However, now I'll check way more regularly!

Also, points to Zack E. for being such a cool guy and asking me how I was doing! It was really appreciated!

As much as I love Ninten, I would be happy to have Giegue/Giygas as well, but I still preffer Ninten over him.
Still, he's a really overlooked villain with Porky being around (no hate on Porky, I love him as a villain as well) and he's one of my favorite villains, go for it if you haven't already!

In any case, sorry for not being so active. As I said before, now I'll check more regularly! Hope you all have a nice day! c:
Glad you've been doing well :)

And yeah, Giegue would be pretty cool. One of his attacks could definitely be the inexplicable attack, and, heck, maybe one of them could be him controlling his opponents minds by making them do what they want him to do. For instance, Giegue would sit still, and the opponent would now be in the control of the person/CPU playing as Giegue.

But, other than that, along with the shirt stripes and bandana from the commercial design, for a Smash and Mother 1 remake design, I think it would be cool if Ninten's blushes were visible and if his hat is put on backwards with hair sticking out the front. And for his belt to be visible as well,

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
Welp, I made the Giygas thread. I await being spammed by Porky fans and people completely ignorant when it comes to anything besides MOTHER 3.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I made the Giygas thread. I await being spammed by Porky fans and people completely ignorant when it comes to anything besides MOTHER 3.
Hey, not all Porky fans are like that. Some are even supporting Giegue!

D

Deleted member

I know. I've just had a lot of really bad experiences with Porky/M3 fans that it's made me a bit judgy.
I understand, some Porky fans were like that with me lol. But then I came across some pretty cool ones later, and, overall, every character fanbase has some annoying fans and some good fans.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Ninten is definitely my most wanted, but Gieuge, Claus, and Porky would all be great characters for smash too imo. I'd like some Mother 1 representation more than anything, but I would also definitely take anything Mother related in general. Also, I won't spoil anything, but Avengers Endgame gets two thumbs up from me.

D

Deleted member

I'd like a clear, overworld Giegue sprite in a Mother 1 remake. It Mother 1 I can only see him clearly during the battle against him, but I want to be able to see him in the overworld, and, heck, I'd also like if they gave him dialogue outside of the final battle against him.

Top Bottom