• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
What do y'all think the saddest moments in the Mother series were?
One of them: Giegue getting flashbacks of George and Maria, while Ninten, Ana, and Lloyd sing the Eight Melodies to him in Mother/EarthBound Beginnings

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
BTW What do you guys think the scariest moments in the Mother/EarthBound series were? For me, one of them is Giygas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

BTW What do you guys think the scariest moments in the Mother/EarthBound series were? For me, one of them is Giygas.
For me, it was the scale up Mt. Itoi in Mother 1, the Ultimate Chimera chase in the Chimera lab in Mother 3, and the Cave of the Past in Earthbound.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
EBB: - Inside of the building of the ruined Zoo, I was a bit scared and intimidated by the song playing the first time I played.
- The haunted mansion and the messages, they really did feel like a creepypasta before creepypastas were even a thing.

EB: - The Cave of the Past
- Giygas.

M3: - The introduction of the Ultimate Chimera.
- The Hallucination Mushrooms and their effects on the party on Tanetane Island.

D

Deleted member

EBB: - Inside of the building of the ruined Zoo, I was a bit scared and intimidated by the song playing the first time I played.
- The haunted mansion and the messages, they really did feel like a creepypasta before creepypastas were even a thing.

EB: - The Cave of the Past
- Giygas.

M3: - The introduction of the Ultimate Chimera.
- The Hallucination Mushrooms and their effects on the party on Tanetane Island.
"Daddy's gonna beat you boy. Daddy's gonna beat you."

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
In Tanetane Island there is a Claus mirage that says "Lucas,let's switch places. You're more....."

Lucas thinks he is more deserving of death than his brother. That's....pretty scary and sad.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Welp. Powerpoint ain't getting done. School and personal drama are killing me at the moment, so Imma just drop my document here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-KFKuvvdx0NOhqx5OWPXGMRLrSji--rxIYybaY1MF8E/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you dig friends.

In Tanetane Island there is a Claus mirage that says "Lucas,let's switch places. You're more....."

Lucas thinks he is more deserving of death than his brother. That's....pretty scary and sad.
Honestly, I feel like Claus would think the same thing if he were in Luc's shoes sadly...

D

Deleted member

Reggie: "Do you want Ninten in Smash and a Mother trilogy remake?"
So-called Mother fans: "Yes."
Real Mother fans: "No."

Welcome to Moonside.

Last edited by a moderator:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Personally, I'd like to think that Hinawa and Claus were brought back to life. If not by Dark Dragon recreating the world, then by Galeem and Dharkon's defeats inadvertently bringing many people back from the dead (Granted, this has the downside of bringing back villains, but hey at least the good folks came back too).

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Honestly, I feel like Claus would think the same thing if he were in Luc's shoes sadly...
Speaking of that, since I know you really love Claus. Did you know there's a Mother 3 hack that replaces Lucas with Claus? The creator even went a step further to edit the dialogue of whenever they refer to Lucas as a crybaby to refering to Claus as a very reckless kid.
(Knowing you, you probably have already played the whole game with this hack lol but just in case)

The person who made it even made 3 versions, one where it's just the visual change and the text edits. One where it adds and changes some PK abilities that Claus has like PK Thunder while taking one or two away from Kumatora and one where Claus and Kumatora's roles are drastically changed.

So not only can you play as Claus, you can play the game again with some differences in Claus and Kumatora's abilities to make the playthrough more interesting.

Here it is, for anyone who would like to play Mother 3 again with a twist: https://forum.starmen.net/forum/Community/PKHack/Mother-3-Hack-Claus-s-Journey

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Speaking of that, since I know you really love Claus. Did you know there's a Mother 3 hack that replaces Lucas with Claus? The creator even went a step further to edit the dialogue of whenever they refer to Lucas as a crybaby to refering to Claus as a very reckless kid.
(Knowing you, you probably have already played the whole game with this hack lol but just in case)

The person who made it even made 3 versions, one where it's just the visual change and the text edits. One where it adds and changes some PK abilities that Claus has like PK Thunder while taking one or two away from Kumatora and one where Claus and Kumatora's roles are drastically changes.

So not only can you play as Claus, you can play the game again with some differences in Claus and Kumatora's abilities to make the playthrough more interesting.

Here it is, for anyone who would like to play Mother 3 again with a twist: https://forum.starmen.net/forum/Community/PKHack/Mother-3-Hack-Claus-s-Journey
I’VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE HOLY **** YES!!!

...Ahem. Thank you for posting this!

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I’VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE HOLY **** YES!!!

...Ahem. Thank you for posting this!
LOL, You're very welcome! xD
It even changes the instrument and battle sprites to that of Claus'. It's one of the best Mother 3 hacks I've ever seen!

Hope you have fun playing Mother 3 with Claus this time! If it's not much to ask, tell me which version of the hack you gonna play. I played the Combined PSI version myself. c:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
LOL, You're very welcome! xD
It even changes the instrument and battle sprites to that of Claus'. It's one of the best Mother 3 hacks I've ever seen!

Hope you have fun playing Mother 3 with Claus this time! If it's not much to ask, tell me which version of the hack you gonna play. I played the Combined PSI version myself. c:
Man I’m pumped! It’s gonna be a bit before I play it with school and all. (And I kinda want to beat the original again too heh.)

Reminds me of how often I used the debug room in M3. I always had Claus on my team even though he basically sucked haha. I remember he had a cool guitar sound for his hit combo, which contrasts amazingly with Luc’s bass sound.

Blah I should stop before I start fangirling like the mess I am. Heh.

D

Deleted member

Can we play Mother 1 with Lucas as the protagonist and Mother 3 with Ninten as the protagonist?

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Man I’m pumped! It’s gonna be a bit before I play it with school and all. (And I kinda want to beat the original again too heh.)

Reminds me of how often I used the debug room in M3. I always had Claus on my team even though he basically sucked haha. I remember he had a cool guitar sound for his hit combo, which contrasts amazingly with Luc’s bass sound.

Blah I should stop before I start fangirling like the mess I am. Heh.
I'm glad that I seem to have made you day by giving you this hack that you didn't knew about!
Yes, Lucas has a Keytar while Claus has a Sitar. And in case you're curious, Salsa has a synthesizer.
^22.png

I hope you have fun playing as Claus. Be sure to tell me which version you choose, just cuz am curious. xD

Can we play Mother 1 with Lucas as the protagonist and Mother 3 with Ninten as the protagonist?
I need this. They could add Ness to replace Claus as well. That would mean that in an alternative universe, a kid named Lucas saved the world from Giegue. Years later a kid with a similar look named Claus saved the world again from Giygas and now Porky has a Yoyo that belonged to Claus while he tries to make the Nowhere Islands his own.

Oh boy, if they did this I would love Ninten even more and I would feel bad for him having to go through all that Lucas went through.

I also thought that maybe they could make Lucas and Claus being Ninten, but one from the game and one from the novel. As I believe Ninten from the novel fits Claus' personality much more.
^11.png

Also, sorry for posting all this art. I really love this artist who also shares the same view of Ninten being a silent character lol. Headcannon power!

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
1554857425760.png

Meanwhile Nintendo just leaked Stage Builder.

I'm glad that I seem to have made you day by giving you this hack that you didn't knew about!
Yes, Lucas has a Keytar while Claus has a Sitar. And in case you're curious, Salsa has a synthesizer.
View attachment 206432
I hope you have fun playing as Claus. Be sure to tell me which version you choose, just cuz am curious. xD

I need this. They could add Ness to replace Claus as well. That would mean that in an alternative universe, a kid named Lucas saved the world from Giegue. Years later a kid with a similar look named Claus saved the world again from Giygas and now Porky has a Yoyo that belonged to Claus while he tries to make the Nowhere Islands his own.

Oh boy, if they did this I would love Ninten even more and I would feel bad for him having to go through all that Lucas went through.

I also thought that maybe they could make Lucas and Claus being Ninten, but one from the game and one from the novel. As I believe Ninten from the novel fits Claus' personality much more.
View attachment 206431

Also, sorry for posting all this art. I really love this artist who also shares the same view of Ninten being a silent character lol. Headcannon power!
Thanks for posting it!

Damn. The way they have their instruments tuned sounds just like bass and electric guitars. Probably on purpose heh. Especially since Electric Guitar = PK Thunder as well as being the lead, and Bass is well, the backup, but you can't get a full sound without it! So together they're in harmony.

Oh jeez I guess I could mention some Ninten headcanons. First being that the kid's got quite a temper on him that's very hard for him to get under control. (Blame being related to Giegue heh. I've got this theory that he's got a bit of Giegue's dna in him but that will take 10 years for me to explain and I don't have that time atm whoops.) But, he's actually the biggest sweetheart you'd ever meet. Though he's quite socially awkward, making him bad and has a hard time expressing his feelings, which just stresses him out. He's also talented. with his Ocarina and may or may not have written a song or too, but is too embarrassed to show anyone. He's also easily the best baseball player on his team, but the idea of being leader stresses him out a bit, and that combined with his asthma isn't exactly the best combo

Also random other things.

Fave Band: Pet Shop Boys
Fave Pokemon: Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon, also likes psychic types
PSI Aura color: Red

There's more I could write but I feel like this is a good enough start right?

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
"Daddy's gonna beat you boy. Daddy's gonna beat you."
"Lucas. Lucas.
Let's switch places."

That line gets me because since all of the trippy mushroom crap is just the insecurities of the characters amplified tenfold, this insinuates that Lucas wishes that he were the one to die instead of Claus. Not really scary per se, but it's dark as **** and honestly really sad. Definitely deserves to be up there with my other previously mentioned sad moments.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I hope this means that the Joker update (or a Direct :4pacman:) is going to come out soon!

It's nice to see stage builder back,never used it in SSB4 but I really enjoyed it in Brawl because it was brand new. I hope they step it up and give us a lot of customization options. (Like a lot of backgrounds and all that)

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Do any of you guys ever want to see Ninten, Ness, and Lucas canonically meet? Honestly, I wonder how they'd all react to each other. For some reason, my imagination is only showing me three silent protagonists standing next to each other while being silent lol.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
View attachment 206448

Thanks for posting it!

Damn. The way they have their instruments tuned sounds just like bass and electric guitars. Probably on purpose heh. Especially since Electric Guitar = PK Thunder as well as being the lead, and Bass is well, the backup, but you can't get a full sound without it! So together they're in harmony.

Oh jeez I guess I could mention some Ninten headcanons. First being that the kid's got quite a temper on him that's very hard for him to get under control. (Blame being related to Giegue heh. I've got this theory that he's got a bit of Giegue's dna in him but that will take 10 years for me to explain and I don't have that time atm whoops.) But, he's actually the biggest sweetheart you'd ever meet. Though he's quite socially awkward, making him bad and has a hard time expressing his feelings, which just stresses him out. He's also talented. with his Ocarina and may or may not have written a song or too, but is too embarrassed to show anyone. He's also easily the best baseball player on his team, but the idea of being leader stresses him out a bit, and that combined with his asthma isn't exactly the best combo

Also random other things.

Fave Band: Pet Shop Boys
Fave Pokemon: Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon, also likes psychic types
PSI Aura color: Red

There's more I could write but I feel like this is a good enough start right?
Nintendo is... kinda bad at not showing stuff. I remember when they showed Pokemon X and Y content and there was one part where they showed a move, and they cut the gameplay a frame late cuz that part showed one frame of a mysterious Pokemon which ended up being Furfrou.
Not that I mind, makes me feel good they're gonna add a feature some people wanted to see back!

Also, I like that headcannon of Ninten! In fact he's one of the characters that I would like no matter how he was portrayed as!

Do any of you guys ever want to see Ninten, Ness, and Lucas canonically meet? Honestly, I wonder how they'd all react to each other. For some reason, my imagination is only showing me three silent protagonists standing next to each other while being silent lol.
Personally, I do. Kinda like in the Subspace Emissary where Lucas meets Ness.
It would be really cool if the three of them had to fight Giegue, Giygas and Porky. Like a dark version of them who are not real beings and are just the pure evil that was washed away by the Dark Dragon.
It would also be REALLY cool if their text boxes displaying their HP and PP looked like the ones of their respective games!
Like they are fighting together but their textboxes are all different cuz they come from different times.
PK Oof.jpg

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Nintendo is... kinda bad and not showing stuff. I remember when they showed Pokemon X and Y content and there was one part where they showed a move, and they cut the gameplay a frame late cuz that part showed one frame of a mysterious Pokemon which ended up being Furfrou.
Not that I mind, makes me feel good they're gonna add a feature some people wanted to see back!

Also, I like that headcannon of Ninten! In fact he's one of the characters that I would like no matter how he was portrayed as!

Personally, I do. Kinda like in the Subspace Emissary where Lucas meets Ness.
It would be really cool if the three of them had to fight Giegue, Giygas and Porky. Like a dark version of them who are not real beings and are just the pure evil that was washed away by the Dark Dragon.
It would also be REALLY cool if their text boxes displaying their HP and PP looked like the ones of their respective games!
Like they are fighting together but their textboxes are all different cuz they come from different times.
I would love to see this, especially the different text boxes for HP and PP. Another thing I'd want to see, even though it is never gonna happen, is Travis from the old Mother 4 game meeting up with the canon Mother protagonists. I don't know about anyone else, but I love the vibe that Mother 4 had, and Travis' spritework was really, really awesome.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I would love to see this, especially the different text boxes for HP and PP. Another thing I'd want to see, even though it is never gonna happen, is Travis from the old Mother 4 game meeting up with the canon Mother protagonists. I don't know about anyone else, but I love the vibe that Mother 4 had, and Travis' spritework was really, really awesome.

Yeah! I think it may still keep most of the vibes. It just won't have stuff directly involved with MOTHER / Earthbound (though it would be cool).
I dunno how many things they are planning to take off. But I'm pretty sure it would still be a game working like some kind of spiritual succesor.

This game, just like any other games that are in development, are games where I have a state of indifference when it comes to their development and even news. I think the best way to wait for a game is to forget about it and not check up one how much it has progressed other. If anything, try to rarely do it or never do it depending on the game and its popularity.

But yeah, really looking forward to play this game when it's done, Mother related or not. It has such really great vibes!

D

Deleted member

I would, lol. Especially like how Ness and Lucas met in SSE.

Ninten would be fighting Giegue, and defeats him. However, Giegue then changes into his Earthbound form, Giygas, and Ness comes to help to defeat him.

Lucas could be fighting Porky and Masked Man, and, I know this isn't what happens, but Masked Man comes to his senses and goes to help Lucas. Ness also teleports to help the twins.

What's interesting in the Mother series is that the protagonists are connected through the villains. Ninten fights Giegue in Mother 1, and Ness fights him again in Earthbound, but Giegue is now in the form of Giygas. Ness also fights Pokey in Earthbound, and Lucas fights him later in Mother 3, this time with the pig's name being Porky.

Giegue/Giygas connects Ninten and Ness, and Pokey/Porky connects Ness and Lucas. Each time the villain with a different name than the last battle in the series.

TheBeastHimself

Yeah! I think it may still keep most of the vibes. It just won't have stuff directly involved with MOTHER / Earthbound (though it would be cool).
I dunno how many things they are planning to take off. But I'm pretty sure it would still be a game working like some kind of spiritual succesor.

This game, just like any other games that are in development, are games where I have a state of indifference when it comes to their development and even news. I think the best way to wait for a game is to forget about it and not check up one how much it has progressed other. If anything, try to rarely do it or never do it depending on the game and its popularity.

But yeah, really looking forward to play this game when it's done, Mother related or not. It has such really great vibes!
I've tried forgetting about this game for the past decade and it still isn't here, haha. It was either Pastel or some other member of the team that posted about the game to Starmen.Net, and being able to watch it evolve over the years was fascinating as it went from being based off of Mother 3's graphical style to having its own style. I hope this game does actually get released at some point, many people have given up hope long ago. It's odd thinking the initial release date was planned for Winter 2014, almost five years ago...

D

Deleted member

If the Mother trilogy is remade, another thing I think would be cool is if there are secret areas in each game referencing a different game in the series, like Porky as a secret boss in Mother 1 or Giegue as a secret boss in Mother 3, secret Magicants of Mother 1 and Earthbound in Mother 3, and the 8 melodies of Mother 1 playing in Earthbound and vice versa.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
If the Mother trilogy is remade, another thing I think would be cool is if there are secret areas in each game referencing a different game in the series, like Porky as a secret boss in Mother 1 or Giegue as a secret boss in Mother 3, secret Magicants of Mother 1 and Earthbound in Mother 3, and the 8 melodies of Mother 1 playing in Earthbound and vice versa.
Yeah! I think I remember once mentioning that, given how big Mother 1's world is. They could add a lot of locations with different themes and feels to them that would just add and improve the game and the world in general. One of these would be a place with a cave where, when you enter and travel through it, you'll eventually find Saturn Valley.
Another example of this was when I once mentioned how they could redesign magicant, as Magicant has stuff like trees, bridges and water but all of them (specially the water) are used just to tell you that the map ends there. And that it would be cool if there was a place in Magicant where it was more like a lake and you could find water-themed enemies. Or changing the three houses where two heal you and change it into a much bigger building where it would be an hotel with people living in it.

Another thing I remember mentioning is giving all of the towns in Mother 1 (the ones that kinda look the same for having white buildings) a theme that would make them pop out more. Some looking more city-like while others look more like towns and all that.

I also like your ideas! They would be really cool references of things that will happen in the next Mother games. Maybe in the Porky fight we see the machine he's inside but we can't see who's inside and the game refers to him as "the mysterious villain" or something as Ninten and his friends fight him to force him to leave this time.
In fact, wouldn't it be cool if the Real Bat in Mother 3 actually said that it has some sort of autograph on it that you can't make out? As in trying to make a nod that it was Ninten's bat? There's already a lot of Mother 2 / Earthbound references in Mother 3, I think it would be awesome to at least have that!
In fact, if they were to make the Real Bat a weapon you get during the story, it would be cool that Lucas got some sort of flashback or was actually in Mother 1's Magicant, like maybe the destroyed Magicant that we see as Ninten watches Queen Mary dissapear.

But yeah, I aprove all of these ideas!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I've tried forgetting about this game for the past decade and it still isn't here, haha. It was either Pastel or some other member of the team that posted about the game to Starmen.Net, and being able to watch it evolve over the years was fascinating as it went from being based off of Mother 3's graphical style to having its own style. I hope this game does actually get released at some point, many people have given up hope long ago. It's odd thinking the initial release date was planned for Winter 2014, almost five years ago...
I'm honestly glad that I don't have an emotional attachment to that fangame because watching it slowly crash and burn was depressing enough for me and I didn't really pay much attention to it...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think they're still working on Mother 4, a person on the team posted about a 4chan leak with outdated info not long ago.

Even fangames of Mother go through extremely tough development.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I think they're still working on Mother 4, a person on the team posted about a 4chan leak with outdated info not long ago.

Even fangames of Mother go through extremely tough development.
Oh yeah I saw that dump. Stumbled upon it a while ago.

Interesting thread it was.

TheBeastHimself

I hope they can still make something good out of the project. I've seen loooooots of Mother fan-games over the years, and this one was the most promising one I've ever seen. If anyone saw this trailer without prior knowledge of it being a fan-game, they'd undoubtedly believe it's an official installment. From the EarthBound-esque overworld, the quirky characters, even down to the Battle System. Everything just looked perfect to me...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I am convinced that Mother 4 will come out eventually and be everything I want. You can not convince me otherwise.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Not much has been said about "The Fangame Formerly Known as Mother 4" ever since the team behind announced that they were rebranding it.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So the 11th direct turned out to be bunk. You guys think there could be a direct on Monday? It's Reggie's last day on the 15th.

Maybe it would have a prerecorded message that's him giving us Mother 3.

D

Deleted member

Every time I think there's gonna be a direct one month, it doesn't happen.

Top Bottom