• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I believe that if they were to have any kind of redesign, it would mostly be just adjusting their proportions a bit to match the art style of Mother characters. The clothes would stay exactly the same.

Also this is completely unrelated and is just my own silly personal opinion. I personally don't like that Paula and Ana wear lipstick (or have mouths that looks like they're wearing lipstick).
Nothing agaisnt people who use make up or kids who want to wear it, but I just don't like the idea of a small girl wearing lipstick. If it were up to me, Ana would have a regular mouth like Kumatora, the same goes for Paula. (Not saying it looks bad, I just have a slight prefference of one thing over the other)

But anyways, yeah, I think they would just add more detail to Ana and Lloyd's clothes, just like how Ness and Lucas' clothes have more detail on them. Other than that, their designs would stay almost unchanged. As both of their designs are able to stand out from the rest of the Mother cast.
Sadly it's just an aged stereotype. Ana and Paula are cute and pink and bubbly,Kumatora is a tomboy teen so having cute features is "strictly forbidden" (IIRC her cheeks are not even blushed in the SSB model,a common trait among Mother characters).

Or maybe it's not lipstick and it's a hello kitty lip gloss instead (now that was a bad joke don't kill me.)
That's a good point about a redesign. I think now Ninten would either use the Mother 1 commercial art, or a redesign with some touchups, like Pit and Ridley's redesigns.

About Ana and Paula wearing lipstick, I don't actually think I've noticed that lol

D

Deleted member

Sorry about the double post, but what if, in a Mother trilogy remake, you can actually see what items and equipment look like?

The designs of them could match how Ness, Lucas's, and Ninten's (if he is in) bats, sticks, and potentially boomerangs and slingshots.

D

Deleted member

Sorry about the double post, but what if, in a Mother trilogy remake, you can actually see what items and equipment look like?

The designs of them could match how Ness, Lucas's, and Ninten's (if he is in) bats, sticks, and potentially boomerangs and slingshots.
Like in Dragon Quest? Yeah, that would be cool.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
There is one more suggested change that I forgot to mention for a remake of the Trilogy, and this one only applies to the first game. For the sake of consistency, have the Franklin Badge reflect PK Thunder, as it does in the other two games, in addition to PK Beam Gamma.

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
There is one more suggested change that I forgot to mention for a remake of the Trilogy, and this one only applies to the first game. For the sake of consistency, have the Franklin Badge reflect PK Thunder, as it does in the other two games, in addition to PK Beam Gamma.
Oh true! That's actually a good change!

Also, speaking of a Mother remake.
I don't always go to take a look at Nintendo's youtube videos, but I saw this video out of curiosity and I think it's actually the perfect example of how a Mother remake battle would look. You still look at the enemies like you did in the original game. But now you get to take a look at the characters casting their PSI attacks.
(Put the video at 1:08 to see what I mean. And of course, imagine it more with PSI animations and people attacking with bats, frying pans and all that)

Also, this game literally reminding me of how Mother battles look is not helping, now it kinda confirms my joke theory that Joker is actually Ninten but grown up and looking all handsome-anime-boy. xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh true! That's actually a good change!

Also, speaking of a Mother remake.
I don't always go to take a look at Nintendo's youtube videos, but I saw this video out of curiosity and I think it's actually the perfect example of how a Mother remake battle would look. You still look at the enemies like you did in the original game. But now you get to take a look at the characters casting their PSI attacks.
(Put the video at 1:08 to see what I mean. And of course, imagine it more with PSI animations and people attacking with bats, frying pans and all that)

Also, this game literally reminding me of how Mother battles look is not helping, now it kinda confirms my joke theory that Joker is actually Ninten but grown up and looking all handsome-anime-boy. xD
I love these ideas. Btw I would like there to be a Thunder Omega in a Mother 1 remake. There's only Thunder Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, but no Omega. If there is a Thunder Omega in a Mother 1 remake, I think it would be cool if it was pretty much Freeze Gamma to all enemies, like how Fire Omega is Beam Gamma to everything.

D

Deleted member

They could even add new items in a Mother 1 remake, and maybe those items could be a part of Ninten's moveset if he is in.

(Again sorry for the double post btw lol)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Just want to update and say that I'm not dead. School picked up recently and we're kinda in a dry period as far as revealing anything Nintendo related at the moment.

I still have a lot of faith in our boy don't get me wrong! Just wanted to explain my absence. If I manage to stumble upon anything (Or hell fix my ****ing Ninten cosplay since that got put on the backburner despite me going to a con next week) I'll be sure to post it. Again I've pretty much thrown everything at the wall at this point as far as I'm aware of. Unless another bombshell drops, it's mostly just the waiting game right?

It's fine, at least you're not in the Joker thread, which somehow seems to have attracted people who care about the rules recently.

That being said, those who like to show their love of Mother in a physical form might be interested in this controller project:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ontrollers_for_every_smash_ultimate_character
Oh hell yes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just want to update and say that I'm not dead. School picked up recently and we're kinda in a dry period as far as revealing anything Nintendo related at the moment.

I still have a lot of faith in our boy don't get me wrong! Just wanted to explain my absence. If I manage to stumble upon anything (Or hell fix my ****ing Ninten cosplay since that got put on the backburner despite me going to a con next week) I'll be sure to post it. Again I've pretty much thrown everything at the wall at this point as far as I'm aware of. Unless another bombshell drops, it's mostly just the waiting game right?

Oh hell yes.
Glad that pleased ya.

In the meantime, a Nindies announcement popped up recently, so people surmised this means that a more proper Direct will follow it in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Friend of mine shared this with me:

This music just gets me even more excited for ninten! I know it's not for sure but man.... Can you just imagine ninten getting an introduction video, being on the roster, having his own stage, and music.... And AMIIBO... Honestly in all the smash games I've always wanted ninten, but now it actually feels like he has a chance annnnd if he gets in I think I'll just start screaming from happiness tbh... About if he doesn't welllllll.... There's always the next one I guess lol Ive waited this long

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This music just gets me even more excited for ninten! I know it's not for sure but man.... Can you just imagine ninten getting an introduction video, being on the roster, having his own stage, and music.... And AMIIBO... Honestly in all the smash games I've always wanted ninten, but now it actually feels like he has a chance annnnd if he gets in I think I'll just start screaming from happiness tbh... About if he doesn't welllllll.... There's always the next one I guess lol Ive waited this long
Considering the evidence in our favor, it might actually happen.

D

Deleted member

I wonder how long a remake of the Mother trilogy will take, if it is happening.

I like to use Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and its remake as an example when discussing games and their remakes.

The M&L SS remake came about (correct me if I'm wrong) a year and a half after Paper Jam, and the BIS remake came out about, same time, a year and a half after the SS remake. This gives us a good enough idea about how much time a remake of just one of the Mother games would take - a year and a half. Now this is just one of the Mother games, so all the games together would take about four and a half years.

Now let's go back to when Lucas was DLC for Smash 4, and this is something I can't believe I missed. When Lucas pulls out one of the Seven Needles in one of his victory animations, the needle had been redesigned (but not Lucas himself). So, if they did indeed redesign the needle because a Mother trilogy remake was in development, it would have been, again, in development since that time, and would likely be revealed in the second half of this year.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Friend of mine shared this with me:

Ninten reveal trailer music be like.

Also not that this means anything but Luc was revealed on April 1st for Smash 4 and It's looking like Brave is getting revealed in April since waiting an entire half of a year (E3) for the second character announcement to me is the definition of ridiculous.

Not saying that guarantees Ninten obviously but It'd be hilarious if he gets announced in April as a complete surprise and "April Fools" to just about every insider and hell, leak worshiping fan as well.

Luc was also announced in a vanilla direct so I wouldn't 100% expect a Smash direct just for a character reveal and maybe a few modes. I won't deny that a Smash direct is possible though.

I wonder how long a remake of the Mother trilogy will take, if it is happening.

I like to use Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and its remake as an example when discussing games and their remakes.

The M&L SS remake came about (correct me if I'm wrong) a year and a half after Paper Jam, and the BIS remake came out about, same time, a year and a half after the SS remake. This gives us a good enough idea about how much time a remake of just one of the Mother games would take - a year and a half. Now this is just one of the Mother games, so all the games together would take about four and a half years.

Now let's go back to when Lucas was DLC for Smash 4, and this is something I can't believe I missed. When Lucas pulls out one of the Seven Needles in one of his victory animations, the needle had been redesigned (but not Lucas himself). So, if they did indeed redesign the needle because a Mother trilogy remake was in development, it would have been, again, in development since that time, and would likely be revealed in the second half of this year.
Well, Lucas was revealed in April and EB0 got revealed in June so I wouldn't doubt a possible character reveal months prior to a game reveal if it exists.

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Considering the evidence in our favor, it might actually happen.
I know I'm so happy ... All these oddities and facts definitely boost my confidence in ninten... It just sucks we just have to sit and wait now lol I'll take a random ninten leak just to entertain me at this point

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I know I'm so happy ... All these oddities and facts definitely boost my confidence in ninten... It just sucks we just have to sit and wait now lol I'll take a random ninten leak just to entertain me at this point
If you give me a bit, I could throw together an overall recap and post it if you’d like me too.

Last edited:

fortun8

Smash Cadet
i would also appreciate a recap for the whole thing! i haven't been paying much attention to rumors since the release of Ultimate, but i wanted to get back into speculating!

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
If you give me a bit, I could throw together an overall recap and post it if you’d like me too.
Would you really!?! I'd love that so much! I loved all of your PowerPoints, so this would be amazing! If it's not to much trouble for you, I'd love to see a recap post, and take as much time as you need, no rush! ^.^

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Hey there everyone! First of all, sorry for not being too active recently. I've been working on my visual showcase of my Ninten moveset and I'll just say it may or may not have some things changed.
Unfortunately, my mouse has died and I haven't gotten time to either keep working on it using the fricking touch pad nor have I found the time to go outside just to buy a new mouse because well... irl stuff and all that.

In any case, I just wanted to come and say hi to all of you and hope you're all having a fantastic day! c:

D

Deleted member

Hey there everyone! First of all, sorry for not being too active recently. I've been working on my visual showcase of my Ninten moveset and I'll just say it may or may not have some things changed.
Unfortunately, my mouse has died and I haven't gotten time to either keep working on it using the fricking touch pad nor have I found the time to go outside just to buy a new mouse because well... irl stuff and all that.

In any case, I just wanted to come and say hi to all of you and hope you're all having a fantastic day! c:
I've also been less active myself lately, mainly due to spring break and visiting relatives lol. Anyways, hope you're doing good :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Just started writing the post. Might take a bit, but it's in progress. :) God there's so much to go through.

I'll take a random ninten leak just to entertain me at this point
Not a Ninten leak persay, but LaxChris's latest "l e a k" that he went over does mention a Mother trilogy. I can post the link if you want.

Last edited:

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Just started writing the post. Might take a bit, but it's in progress. :)God there's so much to go through.

Not a Ninten leak persay, but LaxChris's latest "l e a k" that he went over does mention a Mother trilogy. I can post the link if you want.
Thank you so much! Honestly I appreciate you starting the post, no rush, I'll read it no matter what hahaha and yeah sure I'll take the link! His videos are always entertaining.... Mostly false information but entertaining! He's actually the reason I found your PowerPoints and joined this page, so he's not all bad hahaha

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Thank you so much! Honestly I appreciate you starting the post, no rush, I'll read it no matter what hahaha and yeah sure I'll take the link! His videos are always entertaining.... Mostly false information but entertaining! He's actually the reason I found your PowerPoints and joined this page, so he's not all bad hahaha
It's all good. I think I'll have it done in the next couple days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EG4hGSdtVM&feature=youtu.be

Also here's the vid. The leak is in the description.

Oh man the first Ninten powerpoint. Heh yeah. I was one of the admins in his Discord at that time. And yeah, it isn't all bad since modding his server gave me the confidence to post on here.

D

Deleted member

I watched Kill Bill volume 1 and 2 this week and enjoyed them.

But I was reminded of the possibility of a Kill Bill volume 3. And lets see everything surrounding it -

> Has a blonde protagonist
> 3rd entry (or at least would be the 3rd entry) in its series
> Tons of people saying it isn't going to happen

Deja vu anyone? :troll:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Also, remember when we talked who used the Blue or Fuel to "imagine" they're playing as Ninten?
I just replayed Ness' classic mode and it starts with another Ness in Magicant, with that Ness being a blue one.

It doesn't help that the next fight is against Lucas in New Pork City. So this basically means that Ness' blue alt is basically the one they decided to represent Ninten in Ness' campaing. Too bad it is not the one featured in his spirit battle.

Now this is a little bit of scrapping the bottom of the barrel, but since that alt has Ness wearing a white stripped shirt, it would be good if Ninten redesigned would have him wearing the shirt he wears in the commercial and the novel. Specially since a user once told me he would not be able to have it since Sakurai likes featuring characters as how they appearing in their games.

Though now that I think about it, that doesn't make too much sense given the fact that Pit and Roy have designs that were not featured in their original games. Not to mention Ninten's character is owned by Itoi, so I like to think he would have the last say in deciding how he looks.

I just hope they don't give Ninten the Pokemon protagonist redesign treatment, where they made Red's hair color brown for no reason since he originally had black hair. In my opinion, that's not how a redesign is made on a character. (don't get me wrong, I still like Red's design overall, I just don't agree with that one design choice the made. That would be like changing Marth's hair color to green.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, remember when we talked who used the Blue or Fuel to "imagine" they're playing as Ninten?
I just replayed Ness' classic mode and it starts with another Ness in Magicant, with that Ness being a blue one.

It doesn't help that the next fight is against Lucas in New Pork City. So this basically means that Ness' blue alt is basically the one they decided to represent Ninten in Ness' campaing. Too bad it is not the one featured in his spirit battle.

Now this is a little bit of scrapping the bottom of the barrel, but since that alt has Ness wearing a white stripped shirt, it would be good if Ninten redesigned would have him wearing the shirt he wears in the commercial and the novel. Specially since a user once told me he would not be able to have it since Sakurai likes featuring characters as how they appearing in their games.

Though now that I think about it, that doesn't make too much sense given the fact that Pit and Roy have designs that were not featured in their original games. Not to mention Ninten's character is owned by Itoi, so I like to think he would have the last say in deciding how he looks.

I just hope they don't give Ninten the Pokemon protagonist redesign treatment, where they made Red's hair color brown for no reason since he originally had black hair. In my opinion, that's not how a redesign is made on a character. (don't get me wrong, I still like Red's design overall, I just don't agree with that one design choice the made. That would be like changing Marth's hair color to green.)
About Sakurai saying he likes to use character designs from their games, did that user have a source? Plus, even if he did, Sakurai is just saying he prefers to use character designs from their games, it's not a must. And like you said, there are already examples of characters using designs that weren't from their respective games.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Side note about the Blue and Fuel Ness alts. Ninten’s spirit battle actually doesn’t have a set alt. All four are different. It’s the only team spirit battle I can think of that uses different alts.

To me that says 1. His spirit battle was beyond rushed or 2. They didn’t have a set design for Ninten/Couldn’t pick one that matched him the most or 3. A combo of the two.

Seeing how Ninten’s spirit battle is a cluster**** compared to all the other Mother 1 characters I’m going with 3.

D

Deleted member

Side note about the Blue and Fuel Ness alts. Ninten’s spirit battle actually doesn’t have a set alt. All four are different. It’s the only team spirit battle I can think of that uses different alts.

To me that says 1. His spirit battle was beyond rushed or 2. They didn’t have a set design for Ninten/Couldn’t pick one that matched him the most or 3. A combo of the two.

Seeing how Ninten’s spirit battle is a cluster**** compared to all the other Mother 1 characters I’m going with 3.
Doesn't the battle screen for his spirit battle only use Ness's Fuel alt though?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
About Sakurai saying he likes to use character designs from their games, did that user have a source? Plus, even if he did, Sakurai is just saying he prefers to use character designs from their games, it's not a must. And like you said, there are already examples of characters using designs that weren't from their respective games.
Seems to be on a case-by-case basis. Some characters get redesigns out of necessity, while Pit's came about simply because Sakurai went "What if Kid Icarus kept getting games to this day, and his design went through evolution over time?".

In a general sense, classic designs are used for the third parties more often than not, and even then Sonic has the Modern look, while Snake is this curious amalgam of Solid and Big Boss. It's simply a matter of what would fit an appearance in Smash Bros. the best.

I watched Kill Bill volume 1 and 2 this week and enjoyed them.

But I was reminded of the possibility of a Kill Bill volume 3. And lets see everything surrounding it -

> Has a blonde protagonist
> 3rd entry (or at least would be the 3rd entry) in its series
> Tons of people saying it isn't going to happen

Deja vu anyone? :troll:
Apples and oranges. Tarantino still makes films, but I'm not sure if he'll think about going back to Kill Bill before Uma Thurman retires. Although I wouldn't be shocked if he had time pass in real life so that Vernita's daughter's actress is old enough for the fight with Kiddo, so we'll see what happens there.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Kinda random thing that's not too important but I figured I should bring it up anyway.

I was discussing Smash music with a friend last night and we eventually got on the topic of Mother music, no shock there. He brought up something I didn't notice. At launch Bein' Friends was misspelled. Hell it was misspelled on my copy as well. But now they actually went in and altered the spelling so it's correct. I double checked this morning and sure enough it"s not "Bein Friend" anymore. The Magicant mix from Smash 4's name is still Magicant (3DS/Wii U) interestingly enough.

Not saying the Smash team will do it since it's ultimately pointless in my opinion, but for all those sticklers saying "They can't add that character because their spirit has their full name with no game listed", If they can correct music titles, what's stopping them from altering spirit names?

Literally nothing.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Did you guys already discuss this? A placeholder could mean nothing but boy I wish there were more fighter passes so Ninten could have more chances!
I think we’re gonna get more than just the pass at this point. I used to think not, but now I feel like other characters being added as misc DLC seems likely.

Maybe my boy Claus has a chance now.

D

Deleted member

About placeholders, I think it may just be for future DLC alts.

But either way, I definitely think we're getting more DLC after wave 1.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I think we’re gonna get more than just the pass at this point. I used to think not, but now I feel like other characters being added as misc DLC seems likely.

Maybe my boy Claus has a chance now.
Yeah! That would be awesome!
Maybe Nintendo will think "Hey, these characters people saw as not likely are selling well! Let's schedule some more in the future!".

Maybe we'll get another set of unique DLC fighters, we could also get cheaper one of echo fighters for characters from series like F-Zero, who you can't base their moves on much, for obvious reasons. (Not to mention that, as I've said before, echoes are looking kinda really good anyways)

If this is the case, we could get Ninten, Porky and maybe even Claus! (Who has grown on me a lot XD)
If they are planning to add more than 5 characters, then it's very likely we'll also be getting other characters who are known for being very requested like Geno and Bandana Dee, too. Geno specially.

I'm not expecting them to do it, but I REALLY see that as a possibility. And as Sakurai's last game, it would be logical that Nintendo would like to keep him around for this idea before he left the Smash series for good.

...watch the "more than just 5 DLC fighters" idea not be the case and we get something like Mii Mage as the last DLC fighter.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
About placeholders, I think it may just be for future DLC alts.

But either way, I definitely think we're getting more DLC after wave 1.
Yeah. I believe that there will be more Fighter Passes. They aren't going to make another Smash game on the Switch, so they should add more content to this one.

Top Bottom