• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just want this "echo chamber" to shatter and people to realize that arbitrary fan rules don't mean anything. That's why I hope that a 1st party character is revealed today.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
52578918_358882258280357_5373736834486501376_n.jpg

By the combined blessed power of the Mother, the Mother 3, the EarthBound, as well as idol statues of our gods Ness and Lucas, I shall bring thy Ninten TO SMASH!!!

Hey guys!

I just wanted to tell you guys I've been reading this page since like page 10 (maybe earlier lol).... I never introduced myself just cause I felt out of place but... I really wanted to thank you guys for keeping my spirits up about Ninten! I've wanted him for so long and I've constantly been insulted for it... When I found this page, I had let everyone convince me he was just another impossible character, and I honestly gave up on him, but when i started reading what you guys wrote, whether it was funny memes, oddities, rumors, Powerpoints, hopes, it made me feel better about wanting him, now I actually feel he has a chance... I know nothing is certain but I just wanted to thank everyone here for.... Well.... Idk being yourselves haha, I've wanted to say something for so long, but I guess I was shy lol but I've finally decided to speak up and say thank you, and I look forward to talking with you guys :)
Ayy Welcome aboard friend! Glad that we actually made a difference to you!

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Wow, that looks awesome! Even with some color swaps and him doing some attacks.
I personally would like to see him looking like this, specially because of the hair to make him more different and unique, at least to his left since Ninten's clay model has more hair on his left than on the right. Though I would not mind the clothes being different than on the picture.

Either way, I hope he's in cuz he deserves to be in as an icon of one of games from Nintendo's past.

D

Deleted member

Wow, that looks awesome! Even with some color swaps and him doing some attacks.
I personally would like to see him looking like this, specially because of the hair to make him more different and unique, at least to his left since Ninten's clay model has more hair on his left than on the right. Though I would not mind the clothes being different than on the picture.

Either way, I hope he's in cuz he deserves to be in as an icon of one of games from Nintendo's past.
I do really hope he is in too. To complete the trilogy of Mother protags.

Man. I really hope is he revealed today. Let's hope for the best.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, as we all know, the reveals Reggie said would be unexpected, so if Ninten's in...

ninten joker.png

They'll never see it coming~~~

I'm still very tired please send help.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
No Mother news, either.

Makes me wonder if perhaps they plan to hold a special smash direct to showcase Joker? Seems unlikely they'll just drop him out of nowhere.

D

Deleted member

Since the new fighter wasn't revealed, that just means we have to wait a little longer to know, I guess.

I can't handle this suspense anymore, Nintendo!
This direct was trash lol.

At least, like you said, the 2nd DLC character wasn't revealed yet, so Ninten still has a fair chance at being it.

And, even if he isn't brave, I think he could still come later in wave 1

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly not surprised we didn't get any Mother announcements, for the same reason we didn't get Pokemon or Animal Crossing, and for the same reason why we got a big FE announcement.

This direct was, more or less, geared towards showing off FE:TH, hence why it got more screentime. Pokemon and Animal Crossing are big reveals, so they'd get their own Direct, an announcement at E3, or something similar. Same goes for Mother 3, since Nintendo is aware of the hype and demand for it.

I can see the "Brave" reveal happening in another Direct, maybe.

D

Deleted member

They said Joker would be ready before the end of April, so we may actually get a Smash Direct to see who would be revealed.

But man I really thought brave would be revealed today and the direct was a waste of time

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
They said Joker would be ready before the end of April, so we may actually get a Smash Direct to see who would be revealed.

But man I really thought brave would be revealed today and the direct was a waste of time
There was some stuff in there that was alright, I guess. I'm personally looking forward to FE (though I didn't really like how they showed it off, a few friends of mine are complaining that it felt more like a history lesson than a gameplay trailer, and I honestly agree), and I liked how Mario Maker 2 looked.

Some of the other stuff was cute, but not really enough for me to give it a lot of thought or attention.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There was some stuff in there that was alright, I guess. I'm personally looking forward to FE (though I didn't really like how they showed it off, a few friends of mine are complaining that it felt more like a history lesson than a gameplay trailer, and I honestly agree), and I liked how Mario Maker 2 looked.

Some of the other stuff was cute, but not really enough for me to give it a lot of thought or attention.
Nothing there was hype at all to me.

The thing that interests me the most is Mario Maker 2, and even that isn't super hype for me in general

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I'll be honest, I'm glad how the Direct turned out because for one moment I thought we were getting Erdrick for Smash when I saw Link's legs in that animated trailer.
I was about to quit Smash.
They already announce Dragon Quest in this Direct, so now no need to put more Dragon Quest stuff, SPECIALLY for Smash.

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest, I'm glad how the Direct turned out because for one moment I thought we were getting Erdrick for Smash when I saw Link's legs in that animated trailer.
I was about to quit Smash.
They already announce Dragon Quest in this Direct, so now no need to put more Dragon Quest stuff, SPECIALLY for Smash.
Yeah I was scared they would announce either him or Luminary at that DQ XI segment but thankfully they didn't.

At the worst, there was nothing hype there, but our boy's chances haven't changed. We just have to wait longer to see of he is brave, and, if he isn't, he could still be 3rd, 4th, of final in wave 1 DLC for Smash.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
No DLC announcement in the direct, whatever, doesn't bother me much.

What does bother me is how entitled and whiny Mother 3 fans are going to get even though Nintendo doesn't really owe them anything whatsoever.

D

Deleted member

I'm just bummed that we'll probably have to wait until E3 in June to get a Mother 3 reveal. :' ))) The amount of waiting is killing me, Nintendo pls
Unfortunately, I think we will have to wait until then for a Mother announcement.

They could reveal Ninten in a Smash Direct in March, April, or May and then reveal Mother 3/Mother trilogy remake at E3. Lucas was announced as DLC in Smash 4, then Mother 1 came to the WiiU VC a month later IIRC so I don't think this is a huge stretch either

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
No DLC announcement in the direct, whatever, doesn't bother me much.

What does bother me is how entitled and whiny Mother 3 fans are going to get even though Nintendo doesn't really owe them anything whatsoever.
As much as I really wanted a Mother 3 announcement, like I said I'm really not that surprised that we didn't get it. The "biggie" for this Direct was Fire Emblem. If people outright expected a Mother 3 announcement in a 35 minute Direct where it was outright stated that there would be a big focus on Fire Emblem, I don't really know what to tell them.

D

Deleted member

As much as I really wanted a Mother 3 announcement, like I said I'm really not that surprised that we didn't get it. The "biggie" for this Direct was Fire Emblem. If people outright expected a Mother 3 announcement in a 35 minute Direct where it was outright stated that there would be a big focus on Fire Emblem, I don't really know what to tell them.
Well, for FE, they only said they would provide details on it, since it was something we already knew was coming.

They're not going to say they will have details on Mother 3 before the direct if they have it in the direct. It's best suited for a surprise reveal

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
Well, for FE, they only said they would provide details on it, since it was something we already knew was coming.

They're not going to say they will have details on Mother 3 before the direct if they have it in the direct. It's best suited for a surprise reveal
This is true but, unsurprisingly, FE got the most screentime, which I kind of expected since it was mentioned by name.

That's not always going to apply, and in fact I thought we were going to get longer than 10 minutes looking at the new details of the game, but still. And then people acted surprised and outraged that there was an FE announcement when that info was given before the Direct

Maybe I'm just biased, but I can't see Mother 3 getting a 10-30 second blip in passing in the Switch headlines on a short Direct.

D

Deleted member

This is true but, unsurprisingly, FE got the most screentime, which I kind of expected since it was mentioned by name.

That's not always going to apply, and in fact I thought we were going to get longer than 10 minutes looking at the new details of the game, but still. And then people acted surprised and outraged that there was an FE announcement when that info was given before the Direct

Maybe I'm just biased, but I can't see Mother 3 getting a 10-30 second blip in passing in the Switch headlines on a short Direct.
With how requested Mother 3 is and how bug of a deal it would be, you would not tell anyone before the direct that it is happening.

If it is a game to provide details on, it would be announced in a direct then details on it would be given in a direct after that direct

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
With how requested Mother 3 is and how bug of a deal it would be, you would not tell anyone before the direct that it is happening.

If it is a game to provide details on, it would be announced in a direct then details on it would be given in a direct after that direct
I'm just kinda rollin with it based off of how EarthBound Beginnings was revealed, but obviously I could be entirely off base. There's really no telling how (or when) it'll be handled.

Top Bottom