• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Honestly if Brave ends up being Ninten, I just hope that Erdrick and Porky fans don’t target us...
Well, I obviously can't talk for every single Porky fan, and I'm sure some would get angry, but we all come from the same "Mother", but I want to believe the majority will accept it and be glad that it was a Mother character and not Sans.
But hey, if Ninten came with a Mother Trilogy I doubt any real Mother fan would get angry at it, it's simply not possible.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Woooooh! 50 pages!
I'm glad I decided to join this thread. Specially with all the information about Ninten's chances and why Erdrick is not gonna be DLC. (No offense to anyone who likes Dragon Quest, I just think it's good enough to have a Dragon Quest character on Jump Force even if it is a different game unrelated to Smash.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Woooooh! 50 pages!
I'm glad I decided to join this thread. Specially with all the information about Ninten's chances and why Erdrick is not gonna be DLC. (No offense to anyone who likes Dragon Quest, I just think it's good enough to have a Dragon Quest character on Jump Force even if it is a different game unrelated to Smash.)
We are happy you joined the thread too :D

Although, I don't think we should be absolutely sure of who is and isn't going to be DLC, especially with all the surprises that happened in Ultimate.

But make no mistake I am confident in Ninten. I don't think Erdrick is likely either, but hey, we shouldn't say that he isn't happening right off the bat :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, tomorrow's the day I get my surgery woo... Super thankful a direct isn't tomorrow though so I'll actually be able to somewhat function normally by Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully this goes alright.

See you guys on the flipside. :ness:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, tomorrow's the day I get my surgery woo... Super thankful a direct isn't tomorrow though so I'll actually be able to somewhat function normally by Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully this goes alright.

Good luck!

D

Deleted member

Good luck :)

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Unrelated to Mother but maybe related to a Direct:
Nintendo uploaded a video listed as private in their Fire Emblem playlist,there is a rumor that there's a Direct on the 13th. Maybe it's true? Kinda pointless to upload a video if you are not going to reveal it in the near future.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo uploaded a video listed as private in their Fire Emblem playlist,there is a rumor that there's a Direct on the 13th. Maybe it's true? Kinda pointless to upload a video if you are not going to reveal it in the near future.
I heard about it too, and..it's more likely that there will be a direct this week.

Let's hope our boy gets revealed there

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I heard about it too, and..it's more likely that there will be a direct this week.

Let's hope our boy gets revealed there
If this direct is real, then this will most likely feature Joker gameplay and the reveal of whoever "Brave" is.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Update: I LIVED!!

I'm super zonked right now, and I had to get the whole Thyroid out since as it turns out, the nodule I had was actually cancerous so..... Gotta spend the night at the hospital first before I can go back home but hey I'm alive!

I'm game for whenever at this point!

D

Deleted member

I'm super zonked right now, and I had to get the whole Thyroid out since as it turns out, the nodule I had was actually cancerous so..... Gotta spend the night at the hospital first before I can go back home but hey I'm alive!

Nice. We are happy it went well :)

I hope it's soon lol

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

Glad ya doing well! Hope you recover fully. :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

See, no Direct happened (yet) so there was no need to worry there. Do rest well though.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

Great to here! I'm glad you're okay.

This thread is getting closer and closer to 2,000 replies! Congrats everyone! I honestly never thought I would see so much support for Ninten but here we are. One of the reasons I love fellow Mother fans, they're full of surprises!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Nice. We are happy it went well :)

I hope it's soon lol
Glad ya doing well! Hope you recover fully. :)
See, no Direct happened (yet) so there was no need to worry there. Do rest well though.
You guys are too kind...

Great to here! I'm glad you're okay.

This thread is getting closer and closer to 2,000 replies! Congrats everyone! I honestly never thought I would see so much support for Ninten but here we are. One of the reasons I love fellow Mother fans, they're full of surprises!
Thank you as well!

Heh... Guess I must have done something right after all...

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just got the notification.

I'm supposed to get out at noon my time today, so I'll be able to watch it.

Fingers crossed for the son.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I believe that in this direct they will show off gameplay footage of Joker, reveal who "Brave" is, and announce the release date of Joker.

D

Deleted member

I just got the notification.

I'm supposed to get out at noon my time today, so I'll be able to watch it.

Fingers crossed for the son.
I believe that in this direct they will show off gameplay footage of Joker, reveal who "Brave" is, and announce the release date of Joker.
I agree with these.

Either way, I desperately hope Ninten is revealed there.

If he isn't revealed here, I think he will be revealed 4th if he is in

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I agree with these.

Either way, I desperately hope Ninten is revealed there.

If he isn't revealed here, I think he will be revealed 4th if he is in
There's a good chance that Ninten is "Brave". He isn't absolutely confirmed however. There is enough evidence in his favor to compile into a 300+ slide PowerPoint.

D

Deleted member

There's a good chance that Ninten is "Brave". He isn't absolutely confirmed however. There is enough evidence in his favor to compile into a 300+ slide PowerPoint.
Oh, I know he isn't absolutely confirmed lol. I'm just confident in him

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I want Nintendo to prove me completely wrong tomorrow announce something Mother related tomorrow give us those HD remakes... nah we gotta probably wait until summer for that but still, I wanna be wrong!

D

Deleted member

I want Nintendo to prove me completely wrong tomorrow announce something Mother related tomorrow give us those HD remakes... nah we gotta probably wait until summer for that but still, I wanna be wrong!
If there is anything Mother related this year, I think it would be announced today and then available by summer, or announced by summer.

I just want it announced today so we don't have to wait lol

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
I'm a bit late to the party but here I am anyways

The Anigriffin The Anigriffin I'm glad to hear you're alright, praying that recovery goes over well and without issue.

I did have a quick question though for anyone who can remember, because I sure as hell can't: Has the dude that made the 2/13 Direct leak made any other significant "leaks"/predictions? Because if he's right about this, there's a higher chance that anything else he's predicted might hold some weight.

D

Deleted member

The Anigriffin The Anigriffin I'm glad to hear you're alright, praying that recovery goes over well and without issue.

I did have a quick question though for anyone who can remember, because I sure as hell can't: Has the dude that made the 2/13 Direct leak made any other significant "leaks"/predictions? Because if he's right about this, there's a higher chance that anything else he's predicted might hold some weight.
I don't think so.

He actually "retired" from leaking because people were really annoying him, so this is the last thing he is leaking

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman

He also said that this direct will reveal a new 2D Zelda,something on Pokemon (maybe gen 8),Pikmin 3 (a port maybe) and honestly I don't remember anything else but probably nothing to write home about. Also there's another rumor that Nintendo may have like 11 games to reveal throughout the year but I don't think they'll reveal all of them tomorrow.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Alright

Nintendo Direct confirmed

And hopefully a Ninten reveal
I'm really hoping it'll be Ninten or Erdrick (mostly hoping for Ninten).
Also maybe something about a Mother Trilogy Collection.

Also forgot to mention, I'm glad to see you're alright. I imagine sitting in a hospital
is pretty boring, but good thing you got out before the direct.

Hopefully we'll see if your crazy (yet logical) theory comes true in this direct. :ness:

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Also forgot to mention, I'm glad to see you're alright. I imagine sitting in a hospital
is pretty boring, but good thing you got out before the direct.

Hopefully we'll see if your crazy (yet logical) theory comes true in this direct. :ness:
Ayyy Thanks dude. I'm back home now thank god since I think I got a collective four hours of sleep in that hospital. Not my favorite experience I must admit, but hey I'm alive!

Heh yeah I hope it does too. It's pretty nuts, but it makes the right amount of sense to be plausible. Maybe I'll make a summoning circle tonight to see if that changes anything heh heh heh...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He also said that this direct will reveal a new 2D Zelda,something on Pokemon (maybe gen 8),Pikmin 3 (a port maybe) and honestly I don't remember anything else but probably nothing to write home about. Also there's another rumor that Nintendo may have like 11 games to reveal throughout the year but I don't think they'll reveal all of them tomorrow.
He actually only said that Metroid Prime Trilogy might be in the Direct.

Those other games he did say may be announced this year, though. Maybe a few will be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
He actually only said that Metroid Prime Trilogy might be in the Direct.

Those other games he did say may be announced this year, though. Maybe a few will be announced tomorrow.
Oh ok,I didn't pay attention if that was on the direct or throughout the year because this last few months were a rumor mess.

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

I just wanted to tell you guys I've been reading this page since like page 10 (maybe earlier lol).... I never introduced myself just cause I felt out of place but... I really wanted to thank you guys for keeping my spirits up about Ninten! I've wanted him for so long and I've constantly been insulted for it... When I found this page, I had let everyone convince me he was just another impossible character, and I honestly gave up on him, but when i started reading what you guys wrote, whether it was funny memes, oddities, rumors, Powerpoints, hopes, it made me feel better about wanting him, now I actually feel he has a chance... I know nothing is certain but I just wanted to thank everyone here for.... Well.... Idk being yourselves haha, I've wanted to say something for so long, but I guess I was shy lol but I've finally decided to speak up and say thank you, and I look forward to talking with you guys :)

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

I just wanted to tell you guys I've been reading this page since like page 10 (maybe earlier lol).... I never introduced myself just cause I felt out of place but... I really wanted to thank you guys for keeping my spirits up about Ninten! I've wanted him for so long and I've constantly been insulted for it... When I found this page, I had let everyone convince me he was just another impossible character, and I honestly gave up on him, but when i started reading what you guys wrote, whether it was funny memes, oddities, rumors, Powerpoints, hopes, it made me feel better about wanting him, now I actually feel he has a chance... I know nothing is certain but I just wanted to thank everyone here for.... Well.... Idk being yourselves haha, I've wanted to say something for so long, but I guess I was shy lol but I've finally decided to speak up and say thank you, and I look forward to talking with you guys :)
I am glad you can join us! :)

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Hey guys!

It's so nice to see ya join us! Glad to see someone else wanting Ninten!
I'm glad that we could restore your hopes for him. He's one of the characters that has been referenced a lot in smash with so many elements from Mother 1 being in the Smash Bros series since Smash 64 (Ness's shirt was uneven, as a reference to Ninten, and later one it was music and a whole stage with him in the background, then even MORE music and all Mother stages being back).
He has most of the cards in his favor, maybe they'll announce him in the Direct and plan on releasing him on July (maybe even July 27th), the month of Mother's 30th anniversary. Which would mean that Joker would have already been released by then.

I am not %100 EXPECTING him but as some other people have said already, I have faith in him and whether he makes it in or not, he's an iconic and important character from Nintendo that deserves a spot.

Now I'm going to sleep and I'll be wishing that he's announced, I hope you guys wish for him as well!
Oh, but before I go, have these cheesy edited lyrics of Pollyanna that popped in my head out of nowhere.

"I believe there'll come a day~
Maybe it will be tomorrow~
When Ninten joins in to play~
We will have the boy we hoped for~
I believe a dream can still come true~
I know that we will see him one day, too~"

Goodnight, everyone!
And I hope I didn't make anyone cringe too hard with those lyrics, blame my head

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys!

We are glad to have you :)

Also, hopefully our boy is announced in this direct

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just hope that they announce a 1st party character. If a 3rd party gets confirmed, people will be more convinced that the DLC will be all 3rd party and that 1st parties don't stand a chance of getting in.

D

Deleted member

I just hope that they announce a 1st party character. If a 3rd party gets confirmed, people will be more convinced that the DLC will be all 3rd party and that 1st parties don't stand a chance of getting in.
A first party, and with a spirit is what I'm hoping for too.

I need Ninten to be announced here lol

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
Here’s to hoping Mother fans get something to be excited about. If something doesn’t happen at some point during the 30th anniversary, I’ll be very surprised.

Top Bottom