• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
I can't even travel and I'm hyped for this wtf? I hope someone manages to get footage of it on the Internet like some people have managed to do with Disney rides, since I don't see myself being able to visit Japan anytime soon :' ))) I'd kill just to be able to see what it's like even if I can't be there to see any of it in person.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I can't even travel and I'm hyped for this wtf? I hope someone manages to get footage of it on the Internet like some people have managed to do with Disney rides, since I don't see myself being able to visit Japan anytime soon :' ))) I'd kill just to be able to see what it's like even if I can't be there to see any of it in person.
Pretty sure there will be stuff around the internet the moment the park is open.They want to open up together with the olympic games,footage will be on the internet pretty quickly.Maybe the niche stuff might wait a few days but the main focus will be uploaded fast.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh my God!!! I'm so happy that Mother content is coming to Universal! I have an idea for a ride:

Has anyone here ever been to Disneyland? In the California Adventure area of the park, there's a ride called Soarin' where you sit down and get raised in the air in front of a huge screen. The screen then displays various areas of the world while moving your seat around so it feels like you are actually there and flying over whatever you are seeing. Also, in some areas you can actually smell stuff. Like when you're flying over Africa, you can smell the jungles and stuff like that, it's really neat. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I5NMpCzmk

I feel like a Skyrunner version of that ride, where you're flying over the different areas of EarthBound would be a lot of fun. And being able to smell stuff like the Magic Cakes in Summers would just add to the experience like at Disney.
Ah yeah I remember Soarin! Top row is definitely the best experience since you don’t see other’s dangling feet heh... A Skyrunner simulator honestly sounds pretty dope.

An Earthbound-themed restaurant would be something I'd do. Kraken soup,Strawberry Tofu,Lifenoodles,there a lot of things that they could do in a place like that.
Now that I think about it... Mach Pizza actually would be a really good choice for a restaurant at Universal.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman

omg new leaked mother game guys :4pacman::4pacman::4pacman:

Now in all seriousness,another rumor popped up and supposedly there is a Direct on the 13th.Eh,we just have to wait and see.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that Nintendo Land might come to the States as well.

D

Deleted member

Now in all seriousness,another rumor popped up and supposedly there is a Direct on the 13th.Eh,we just have to wait and see.
YES

**** YES. GIMME.

Also, yeah, KingZelle (a leaker) messaged on Resetera "13 is your lucky number...am out"

He pretty much says that the direct is on the 13th. I don't trust him though.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

DAHSGDAKBDKADKASDGAKDADAHFKHAKHASKADADGAVAVHDVHHKVKADVHVSS

Sorry, am excited! :'3

Imagine if we actually got a Mother battle royal from Nintendo. That would be the biggest Mother meme in history,AND it would be in game form on top of that. xD

Last edited:

xdenzee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-0818-5738
Switch FC
3395 4254 8029
With all this attention to the Mother series this time around, how the heck can we not expect something Mother related on the Switch and Ninten in Smash? There's just too much going on for it to be a mere coincidence... ;) Also makes me think what this supposed 13th direct will showcase.

D

Deleted member

With all this attention to the Mother series this time around, how the heck can we not expect something Mother related on the Switch and Ninten in Smash? There's just too much going on for it to be a mere coincidence... ;) Also makes me think what this supposed 13th direct will showcase.
I agree.

Although I don't want to say I outright expect it (considering what happened with Shadow in the base game and Joker as DLC), but I am confident about it :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I say odds are extremely in our favor. I wouldn't call Ninty a lock since there's always the possibility for us to get screwed over, but having actual in game evidence and not just weird fan conjecture (Rathalos pic, current year being of the pig, ****ing chairs) and JUST on leakers/insiders/whatever honestly is a bit comforting. I have a theory on what could possibly be in this direct (If it actually ends up on the 14th I'm gonna die laughing) but I'm gonna wait on posting that here for now since it's a bit shaky.

Also a bit random, but a Discord friend sent me this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MotherTo...eo0ewqdsan86WXhvByH7_9Y7d38TYfvxFOriEcY9zYf60

>When Walmart tweets about Mother 3

I don't think we're in a doomed timeline folks.

D

Deleted member

I say odds are extremely in our favor. I wouldn't call Ninty a lock since there's always the possibility for us to get screwed over, but having actual in game evidence and not just weird fan conjecture (Rathalos pic, current year being of the pig, ****ing chairs) and JUST on leakers/insiders/whatever honestly is a bit comforting. I have a theory on what could possibly be in this direct (If it actually ends up on the 14th I'm gonna die laughing) but I'm gonna wait on posting that here for now since it's a bit shaky.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MotherTo...eo0ewqdsan86WXhvByH7_9Y7d38TYfvxFOriEcY9zYf60

I honestly can't believe what's happening.

Mother 3

gets tweeted by

everyone in the vid.

This is crazy

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Is Mother/Earthbound really rising up from obscurity? Even if it's just a little bit?

I really hope so, would be a dream come true to see Ninten in Super Smash Bros Ultimate and have the Mother series keep receiving attention.

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I just wanted to share this with y'all:

Ahs, the memories, I remember watching this a few years ago. :3

"I believe there'll come a day, maybe it will be tomorrow~"

That pretty much is my mindset about Mother 1 getting Ninten as a fighter in Smash and Mother getting more attention.
I wonder if anyone will do something like that video for Mother 1's 30th anniversary. Probably not. :c

But still, I really hope we get something Mother related from Nintendo this year. Seeing Ninten in Smash and Mother remakes would literally complete me.

D

Deleted member

Ahs, the memories, I remember watching this a few years ago. :3

"I believe there'll come a day, maybe it will be tomorrow~"

That pretty much is my mindset about Mother 1 getting Ninten as a fighter in Smash and Mother getting more attention.
I wonder if anyone will do something like that video for Mother 1's 30th anniversary. Probably not. :c

But still, I really hope we get something Mother related from Nintendo this year. Seeing Ninten in Smash and Mother remakes would literally complete me.
It will truly be a dream come true.

And I will cry so hard if it happens lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I honestly can't believe what's happening.

Mother 3

gets tweeted by

everyone in the vid.

This is crazy
I just realized that that original Walmart tweet was only two days ago. So that’s actually a pretty fresh post.

I certainly have plenty of faith. It’s all or nothing this year, and I see no point in being completely negative. I’ve waited 10 years for Ninten in Smash, so I’m praying the dream will come true.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
View attachment 191280
Another reason why I hate Mother 3 elitists. (This comment is recent btw)
How much are you willing to bet that this person never touched Mother 1?

"Prequel Ness" lol I guess Mother 2 was the first game guys.

Edit: Wait. They said Ninten is ripping off Ness.

Yep. Confirmed to never have touched Mother 1.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 191280
How much are you willing to bet that this person never touched Mother 1?

"Prequel Ness" lol I guess Mother 2 was the first game guys.

Edit: Wait. They said Ninten is ripping off Ness.

Yep. Confirmed to never have touched Mother 1.
Just ignore these idiots lmao.

It is good because it will only increase the salt if Ninten is confirmed lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I did not know there was a divide amongst Mother fans. I’ve been away from Starmen.net for a while now...

This is disappointing.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I did not know there was a divide amongst Mother fans. I’ve been away from Starmen.net for a while now...

This is disappointing.
I only enter Starmen just to check on hacks,sometimes I check the games subforums and they are actually pretty chill (for the most part). These kind of comments are usually found on bigger social media like twitter or instagram in meme profiles. (That comment I uploaded was from ig)

Last edited:

xdenzee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-0818-5738
Switch FC
3395 4254 8029

I agree.

Although I don't want to say I outright expect it (considering what happened with Shadow in the base game and Joker as DLC), but I am confident about it :)
Oh no, I'm the same thing too. I'm not 100% on Ninten or Mother 3/Trilogy on switch, but I just have a good feeling considering everything brought up relating to it. Of course, I'm still remaining skeptical and I'm ready for absolutely nothing to happen at all, but I'm going to be optimistic and hopeful for this entire ride :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
View attachment 191350

I’m lowkey getting very tired of this fandom’s bs.
Yeah. It's essentially turned into an echo chamber. Most people now believe that the Fighter Pass is all 3rd party and that Sprits deconfirm. And, don't get me started on that 5chan rumor that claims that the other 4 fighters in the Fighter Pass are Erdrick, Steve, Ryu Hayabusa, and Doomguy. I just hope that Ninten gets revealed so that this will stop.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's essentially turned into an echo chamber. Most people now believe that the Fighter Pass is all 3rd party and that Sprits deconfirm. And, don't get me started on that 5chan rumor that claims that the other 4 fighters in the Fighter Pass are Erdrick, Steve, Ryu Hayabusa, and Doomguy. I just hope that Ninten gets revealed so that this will stop.
Honestly if Brave ends up being Ninten, I just hope that Erdrick and Porky fans don’t target us...

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Erdrick fans target us. DQ fans are used to disappointment as much as Mother fans.
(Fun fact Mother fans targeted DQ fans when DQ7 3DS got localized and not Mother 3)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I don't think Erdrick fans target us. DQ fans are used to disappointment as much as Mother fans.
(Fun fact Mother fans targeted DQ fans when DQ7 3DS got localized and not Mother 3)
I... They’re not even from the same company, how was that even a thing that happened?

I’m starting to feel ashamed for even having my fave Mother character being from 3...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I... They’re not even from the same company, how was that even a thing that happened?

I’m starting to feel ashamed for even having my fave Mother character being from 3...
You shouldn’t feel ashamed about anything, just disappointed in others. You can like whatever you like.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
View attachment 191280
Honestly, you're not a Mother fan if this is your mindset. Specially if you believe they wouldn't touch up Ninten's design considering NO ONE in Smash has their NES appearance. I mean, just look at Pit in Brawl or the Ice Climbers who looked quiet different in the art they used to have.
Besides, it's Itoi who might get the last say as to how Ninten looks in Smash with the redesign. (you know, the same person who approved the commercial of Ninten with different clothes as Ness, the same man who later released a Mother novel, which pictures Ninten with a similar appearance as the commercial.)

A little update on those erdrick instagram pics from a few days ago
View attachment 191339View attachment 191340
So yeah,that's that. (Imagine being so annoying that you have to specify this)
GASP?! A picture that didn't end up meaning anything?! HOW DARE THIS MAN FOR SHARING PICTURES ON THE INTERNET THEN!!!
Quick! Someone try finding any leak that makes Erdrick probable, I don't care if it's fake! Or else the Mother fans with their Ninten-dork are gonna win!

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman

You can like whatever you like,I also like Mother 3 even though I enjoy the other two much,much more. I'm sorry if my post looked like I was talking bad about all Mother 3 fans. It just that the elitists are going crazy these last few years.
A fanbase (even elitist fans) does not make a game better or worse,Undertale is a good game in spite of having one of the cringiest fandoms I've ever seen.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
You can like whatever you like,I also like Mother 3 even though I enjoy the other two much,much more. I'm sorry if my post looked like I was talking bad about all Mother 3 fans. It just that the elitists are going crazy these last few years.
A fanbase (even elitist fans) does not make a game better or worse,Undertale is a good game in spite of having one of the cringiest fandoms I've ever seen.
Oh no I didn’t take offense to it or anything so it’s cool. I personally don’t have a favorite since it seems to change depending on my mood. I’ve just noticed a lot more crazy ones lately. I thought the fandom calmed down since the Mother 4 and Sans is Ness incidents, but I guess not...

Mother is a trilogy not just one game, jeez...

Top Bottom