• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Hiya. I'm pretty new to Smash boards but friends have called me the biggest Ninten supporter they know. (I'm the one that wrote that old powerpoint in October that LaxChris actually did a vid on) I'm actually currently throwing together my second updated powerpoint filled with new points that would be too hard to type out individually. Anyone interested in it when finished? I'm pretty positive in my research and if we get a new Mother character, I'm almost positive it's gonna be our boy.
I sure am interested :) Welcome to the Ninten thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Ayyy. Thanks friend. I still have a bit to go on it, but I think I'll for sure be done by this weekend!

D

Deleted member

Ayyy. Thanks friend. I still have a bit to go on it, but I think I'll for sure be done by this weekend!
I look forward to it! I just wanted to let you know, Ninten had been datamined to be a spirit, but he is still in the running, since Sakurai confirmed that spirits do not deconfirm :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I look forward to it! I just wanted to let you know, Ninten had been datamined to be a spirit, but he is still in the running, since Sakurai confirmed that spirits do not deconfirm :)
Mhmm! one of the last 100 added as well which is quite interesting to me.

D

Deleted member

Yes! I hope he is a legendary. He needs to be one of the DLC so bad. And he needs to be unique. Him being added would be so nostalgic, and I hope that rumor about a remake of the 3 Mother games is true. I also hope Super Mario RPG gets a remake as well. I hope Geno is that Square Enix rep.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Hiya. I'm pretty new to Smash boards but friends have called me the biggest Ninten supporter they know. (I'm the one that wrote that old powerpoint in October that LaxChris actually did a vid on) I'm actually currently throwing together my second updated powerpoint filled with new points that would be too hard to type out individually. Anyone interested in it when finished? I'm pretty positive in my research and if we get a new Mother character, I'm almost positive it's gonna be our boy.
Whoa, you were the one that made that powerpoint in the video? Props on the dedication, and also welcome to the Ninten thread.
I've been feeling kinda iffy about Ninten's chances, but I'm interested in the next powerpoint.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, you were the one that made that powerpoint in the video? Props on the dedication, and also welcome to the Ninten thread.
I've been feeling kinda iffy about Ninten's chances, but I'm interested in the next powerpoint.
Especially when he said that the paid DLC characters in the fighter pass must come with a stage. I believe Magicant represents Ninten the most. In the interview for Ultimate they specifically said that they don't add or remove fighters during development, so there's really only 5 new fighters left to be revealed post-launch.

D

Deleted member

Especially when he said that the paid DLC characters in the fighter pass must come with a stage. I believe Magicant represents Ninten the most. In the interview for Ultimate they specifically said that they don't add or remove fighters during development, so there's really only 5 new fighters left to be revealed post-launch.
There are other stages that fit Ninten perfectly, like Mt. Itoi, and I am actually thinking he could come with Devil's machine, and Porky could be a boss on that stage. And spirits do not deconfirm, so Ninten is still in the running

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I mean there can always be a possibility of Ninten coming with a new stage for DLC, I'm just not sure if Nintendo cares to pick a Mother rep
for one of the spots for DLC. Although, I do hear that people are talking about how Porky is a possible newcomer for DLC due to his spirit being missing in the game.

D

Deleted member

I mean there can always be a possibility of Ninten coming with a new stage for DLC, I'm just not sure if Nintendo cares to pick a Mother rep
for one of the spots for DLC. Although, I do hear that people are talking about how Porky is a possible newcomer for DLC due to his spirit being missing in the game.
Spirits don't deconfirm, so I don't think not having a spirit increases a character's chances. The absolutely safe capsule is a spirit, so Porky is technically represented by a spirit, and I think it might just be a reference to how he can't get out of it. Next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, so I think there better be something for the Switch, like Mother 3 or Earthbound Beginnings on the NES online, and the perfect way to advertise that would be by adding a new Mother rep to Smash

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Heh I guess I'm a little famous for the powerpoint heh...

Lemmie see... I'm currently at 120 slides and I still have more to add. Sheesh. I certainly have a tendency to go overboard.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down for any Mother character, but I'd be really happy if Ninten made it in. Here's hoping to complete the trio (hopefully)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Though I like the detail I don't think it would be fair to Ninten to put in that feature. Its not like Ivysaur takes more damage from fire or Charizard from water.
But, um, in Brawl that actually was a thing.
Sorry for being off topic, this just really annoyed me.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
But, um, in Brawl that actually was a thing.
Sorry for being off topic, this just really annoyed me.
So I wasn't the only one that thought Ninten taking damage from Charizard or the smoke ball would be a cool idea... Interesting.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that not having a Spirit means anything.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I don't think that not having a Spirit means anything.
They don't, and ASC is actually Porky's spirit. It's quite literally a joke about how he's trapped forever. Kinda like how Ness's dad's spirit is the sprite for the phone

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The thing about ASC is that Porky literally has no other representation aside from the stage and Porky's Theme, unless you also count the helicopter on Fourside. Supposedly ASC's Spirit Battle doesn't even play Porky's Theme either, but not sure if this is true.

I wish he at least had a Spirit of his Earthbound figure, like the other characters pre-Mother 3.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The thing about ASC is that Porky literally has no other representation aside from the stage and Porky's Theme, unless you also count the helicopter on Fourside. Supposedly ASC's Spirit Battle doesn't even play Porky's Theme either, but not sure if this is true.

I wish he at least had a Spirit of his Earthbound figure, like the other characters pre-Mother 3.
I think that this was done on purpose to avoid spoilers. Claus and Masked Man are separate spirits that were added separately. Porky at the end of Mother 3 is kinda a spoiler if you're an outsider to Smash Bros if you think about it. Could also explain Giygas's absence.

I mean, if this Mother 3 localization is actually legit, if I were Itoi I wouldn't want super obvious spoilers in this game either.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that this was done on purpose to avoid spoilers. Claus and Masked Man are separate spirits that were added separately. Porky at the end of Mother 3 is kinda a spoiler if you're an outsider to Smash Bros if you think about it. Could also explain Giygas's absence.

I mean, if this Mother 3 localization is actually legit, if I were Itoi I wouldn't want super obvious spoilers in this game either.
I guess that could be true.

Although, they still have "Porky's Theme" and New Pork City, so it already leaves new Mother 3 players with something to expect :S and they didn't care in Brawl ._.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I guess that could be true.

Although, they still have "Porky's Theme" and New Pork City, so it already leaves new Mother 3 players with something to expect :S and they didn't care in Brawl ._.
Hard to say, I think those tracks are back because of the "Everyone is Here" deal. Though the lack of a boss would leave new players more curious than obviously spoiled.

Either way, I think something's probably up.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I wonder if anyone has found the Ninten spirit, like the picture that shows who plays as Ninten and what the stats are. I'm sure it's Ness, and I'm excited to see how Ninten gets represented through him.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I wonder if anyone has found the Ninten spirit, like the picture that shows who plays as Ninten and what the stats are. I'm sure it's Ness, and I'm excited to see how Ninten gets represented through him.
Yeah Ana's a 3 star, so I'm wondering if he's a legendary. Maybe he shields a lot and spams side smash?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I really hope he is a legendary. That might increases his chances
I just realized that you were the person that commented on one of my Youtube videos mentioning that Ness got a new victory theme.

Thank you for that by the way. :)

D

Deleted member

I just realized that you were the person that commented on one of my Youtube videos mentioning that Ness got a new victory theme.

Thank you for that by the way. :)
You are welcome :) I love the Mother series so much, Ninten coming would be so nostalgic

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I was thinking for Ninten's final Smash, instead of PK Starstorm, it'd be nice to see something to do with the Eight Melodies, EVE, or even the tank from Yucca Desert. There's a lot of creative options to go with, and I think something other than PK Starstorm is appropriate given how it doesn't appear in Mother.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice

Oh I think I understand what you meant in the Geno thread now about Claus. Yeah they could've done that to avoid spoilers for him, but to me it doesn't explain Porky. I wanted to say what I said in that thread, as my words got a bit mixed. I would agree with you, but the problem is that he has already been in a Smash game before. He was a boss in Brawl, as well as his Porky Statue. I mean New Pork is in the game, you know? The Safe Capsule Spirit battle doesn't even use Porky's theme. Not to mention, there isn't any other Porky theme such as Pokey/Porky Means Business. You are right, like you stated there, that the Mother creator has to give permission for all content. I think the best point you made was the Absolutly Safe Capsule being an icon. But it's still very strange, you know what I mean?

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh I think I understand what you meant in the Geno thread now about Claus. Yeah they could've done that to avoid spoilers for him, but to me it doesn't explain Porky. I wanted to say what I said in that thread, as my words got a bit mixed. I would agree with you, but the problem is that he has already been in a Smash game before. He was a boss in Brawl, as well as his Porky Statue. I mean New Pork is in the game, you know? The Safe Capsule Spirit battle doesn't even use Porky's theme. Not to mention, there isn't any other Porky theme such as Pokey/Porky Means Business. You are right, like you stated there, that the Mother creator has to give permission for all content. I think the best point you made was the Absolutly Safe Capsule being an icon. But it's still very strange, you know what I mean?
It is pretty bizarre at first I'll admit, but after seeing that Buzz Buzz is a spirit as well as Ness's Dad's spirit being the phone I feel like everything involving them is just a big joke. I mean, they could've picked Ness's Mom as she has an actual overworld sprite but nope. They literally made the Ness's dad is a phone joke which is amazing to me.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I was thinking for Ninten's final Smash, instead of PK Starstorm, it'd be nice to see something to do with the Eight Melodies, EVE, or even the tank from Yucca Desert. There's a lot of creative options to go with, and I think something other than PK Starstorm is appropriate given how it doesn't appear in Mother.
I never even thought about the Tank being an Final Smash. Could be a really cool cinematic one. Personally praying it's Eight Melodies myself, but EVE is probably the most likely.

D

Deleted member

What music tracks do you all think would work with Ninten? I think the title theme, Fallin Love, and the 8 melodies can come along with Ninten

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
What music tracks do you all think would work with Ninten? I think the title theme, Fallin Love, and the 8 melodies can come along with Ninten
Eight Melodies
Mother Earth/Title Screen
All That I Needed Was You/Fallin Love medley
Approaching Mt. Itoi/Mt. Itoi medley
Battle WIth a Dangerous Foe

My personal picks.

D

Deleted member

Eight Melodies
Mother Earth/Title Screen
All That I Needed Was You/Fallin Love medley
Approaching Mt. Itoi/Mt. Itoi medley
Battle WIth a Dangerous Foe

My personal picks.
These are really nice picks! If he came along with a stage, I would love Mt. Itoi. A stage hazard could be R7038XX, and Eve would be awesome in Ninten's final smash

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
These are really nice picks! If he came along with a stage, I would love Mt. Itoi. A stage hazard could be R7038XX, and Eve would be awesome in Ninten's final smash
Makes sense to me. Giegue might be a biiiit too spoilery so R7038-XX would be the best option for a massive stage hazard. New Pork has the Ultimate Chimera so I don't see why not!

D

Deleted member

Makes sense to me. Giegue might be a biiiit too spoilery so R7038-XX would be the best option for a massive stage hazard. New Pork has the Ultimate Chimera so I don't see why not!
Same! Btw, since next year is the 30th is of the Mother series, what would you like to see come to the switch along with a potential Mother reveal for smash? I remember that rumor of a remake of the 3 Mother games from your powerpoint, Earthbound Reflections, and I would love that so much

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Same! Btw, since next year is the 30th is of the Mother series, what would you like to see come to the switch along with a potential Mother reveal for smash? I remember that rumor of a remake of the 3 Mother games from your powerpoint, Earthbound Reflections, and I would love that so much
Mother 1 remade/modernized with expanded lore surrounding Giegue, PSI and Ninten's family connections would make me die happy.

Even then just having the standard game remade in Mother 3's style would be more than enough for me. Also of course Mother 3 coming overseas would be a dream come true. :)

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
You know how they had the Secret of Mana collection for Switch? I imagine it might be something like that with Mother 3 translated. I mean, they have their online service, so they might just translate it for that too if they add GBA games. I'd much prefer a release though

Also
Yeah it's a good idea. Itoi might care, but I honestly don't think Sakurai thinks about Spoilers at all, considering we've had stuff like Zelda being Sheik in the past lol

D

Deleted member

Mother 1 remade/modernized with expanded lore surrounding Giegue, PSI and Ninten's family connections would make me die happy.

Even then just having the standard game remade in Mother 3's style would be more than enough for me. Also of course Mother 3 coming overseas would be a dream come true. :)
It's really amazing that Ness came to Smash, and people played the Mother series from that time. I keep replaying it instead of trying a new game lol. It will never get old, and I do hope Nintendo chose a Mother character to promote something. I always imagine a remake of the Mother games and Super Mario RPG in the same art style as the remakes of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. It's mouthwatering lol

Top Bottom