• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1) was an amazing experience when I played all the way through it on the Wii U and I have the physical OST of the game and it brings back so many great memories and “Pollyanna”, “Bein Friends”, “The Paradise Line”, and “Eight Melodies” are my favorite tracks from that OST as well. Enough rambling on about that, but Ninten has my support for being Ness’ echo with a few minor moveset changes. Also Mother needs more recognition and I’ll throw in my support for Porky Minch and Masked Man too. :grin:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I wouldn't complain either way, although I do wish Ninten ended up being a semi clone like Lucas
(Also kinda how Isabelle became a semi clone of Villager), that's wishful thinking tho.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Is there anything we can do to maybe garner some more hype around Ninten? I'd love to help in any way to bring more attention to the last Mother protagonist.

Once he's in, I feel like us Mother fans can finally rest (well, maybe after M3 is released outside of Japan but you get my point).

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Is there anything we can do to maybe garner some more hype around Ninten? I'd love to help in any way to bring more attention to the last Mother protagonist.

Once he's in, I feel like us Mother fans can finally rest (well, maybe after M3 is released outside of Japan but you get my point).
If they put Mother 1 on the Switch online, that'd help.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

I don't know, a lot people say that he looks like Ness and that he shouldn't be in the game (which I heavily disagree).
We could spread the word and have people support us, I also don't know if the original poster of this thread is still active on here.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
I think the point that stands the most against him the most is that in Japan Ninten is not listed anywhere in any Smash Bros. polls, characters from Mother 2 were requested in Melee, but no Ninten. Lucas was in Japanese polls during Brawl. Technically the Ninten requests are more of an non-Japan thing especially since the first game was released 3 years ago.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd like Ninten in Smash; then, we'd have all Mother protagonists :)

Personally, I'd like to see him use the moves he used in his game, like the potential moveset given here, instead of being an echo.

TheBeastHimself

Yeah just having all three Mother protagonists would be a sweet love letter to the Mother community. Mother fans are small in number but when they all want one thing, they make themselves known and definitely have an impact. The sheer amount of times Reggie has brought up Mother 3 in America is insane, but it also seems like Mother fans have to fight the hardest due to our little numbers. I think if any video game character is requested enough, they would get in at some point. Ninten is no exception.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really do think that if they can easily add echos, Ninten could easily get in. I mean, even as a skin it could work, but then again I dont know what kind of abilities were different in mother 1, so it could be cool to see 1 or a few different skills as an echo.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
We could spread the word and have people support us, I also don't know if the original poster of this thread is still active on here.
I’m still here, I just haven’t been commenting as often recently.

One way I might suggest would be through other social media platforms.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Very late, but I really hope Ninten makes it in. The obscure ideas like Richter gives me hope that Sakurai has thought of echo ideas for Ness, which could easily lead to the idea of Ninten being a playable echo.

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested in this thread.
Could I be perhaps a supporter? I've always wanted Ninten for a while now it's a shame he hasn't made it sooner.
But let's hope he makes it this time, alright? :)

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I’m still here, I just haven’t been commenting as often recently.

One way I might suggest would be through other social media platforms.
Awesome! I wasn't sure if you still hangout here, also we could make a twitter account for Ninten Support?
A lot of characters on this website has a Twitter account, and it could give us some more attention.

Very late, but I really hope Ninten makes it in. The obscure ideas like Richter gives me hope that Sakurai has thought of echo ideas for Ness, which could easily lead to the idea of Ninten being a playable echo.
I heard Richter was very popular in Japan, so that could be why he's an echo.
I see what you're saying, I think Sakurai really wants give what people want
(Including minor requests).

I'm interested in this thread.
Could I be perhaps a supporter? I've always wanted Ninten for a while now it's a shame he hasn't made it sooner.
But let's hope he makes it this time, alright? :)
I'm glad you support Ninten, I'm always happy to have more support.
Hopefully we hear some something new from Nintendo about newcomers.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think Ninten could be a possible ballot pick. Mother 1 came out on the VC in the middle of ballot season. Also, a lot of Earthbound Fans may have voted for him so that all 3 protagonists can be in Smash.

TheBeastHimself

Yeah starting up a twitter would definitely help out in getting Ninten noticed. I'm sure if we got Starmen.Net onboard as well, that would be IMMENSE help.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Yeah starting up a twitter would definitely help out in getting Ninten noticed. I'm sure if we got Starmen.Net onboard as well, that would be IMMENSE help.
Oh right I forgot about Starman.net, maybe we could gather a following there and then move it onto Twitter.
I don't know if it will work but it's worth trying.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Add me to supporters, never got into the Mother series but really want to. Bandana Dee supporters like myself want him for many reasons one being what feels like completion of the 4. Ninten is like the completion for Mother fans so i understand you all here.

TheBeastHimself

Starmen.net is still a pretty active place, lots of Mother fans are still around there. The last major "petition" so to speak that they did was the Mother 3 Siege a couple years ago, where they went on Miiverse and twitter to get Mother 3 some Western attention. Their attempts to gain Nintendo's support doesn't always work, but they cannot be underestimated. They make themselves known and Nintendo is aware of the site itself, but it's ultimately their decision whether or not they choose to listen to their pleas. From what I can tell, people are still around and talking so getting their help isn't out of the realm of possibility. No doubt if Starmen.net folks saw a good amount of people already on board with the Ninten hype, they'd join in too.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Starmen.net is still a pretty active place, lots of Mother fans are still around there. The last major "petition" so to speak that they did was the Mother 3 Siege a couple years ago, where they went on Miiverse and twitter to get Mother 3 some Western attention. Their attempts to gain Nintendo's support doesn't always work, but they cannot be underestimated. They make themselves known and Nintendo is aware of the site itself, but it's ultimately their decision whether or not they choose to listen to their pleas. From what I can tell, people are still around and talking so getting their help isn't out of the realm of possibility. No doubt if Starmen.net folks saw a good amount of people already on board with the Ninten hype, they'd join in too.
That could actually work! If people are on board with it, then we could be seeing a rise in popularity.
Do you know if there is couple of Ninten support forums on there?

Well, a major leak said that Ninten is in.
I'm kinda skeptical, what's the leak?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm kinda skeptical, what's the leak?
The LaPelleDor leak, who claimed that Black Shadow, Ken, Isaac, Reimu, Ayumi Tachibana, Ninten, Medusa, and Skull Kid are all in. The leaker got Simon, Richter, Chrom, and King K. Rool right. The leaker also called Dracula being a boss and the existence of stage morph. This leak supports both the blog theory and the music icon theory.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The LaPelleDor leak, who claimed that Black Shadow, Ken, Isaac, Reimu, Ayumi Tachibana, Ninten, Medusa, and Skull Kid are all in. The leaker got Simon, Richter, Chrom, and King K. Rool right. The leaker also called Dracula being a boss and the existence of stage morph. This leak supports both the blog theory and the music icon theory.
That French leak?

I'm sorry to say, but someone in their discord took pictures and shared them, showing that their group was making a fake for laughs/trolling.

...though I don't have the source because I don't remember what page it was on..

TheBeastHimself

From what I'm seeing, Starmen doesn't have any Ninten support threads. However, they have a general Smash Bros Ultimate discussion thread. I might reach out to this person named Dipper because they actually saw my comment in this thread mentioning Starmen and posted about it in their Smash thread.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Starmen.net does have a twitter page. Here's the link for those who want to reach out.

TheBeastHimself

What I like about Ninten is that he can be a unique fighter or an echo. Each Mother game has its own theme and differences that make them stand out, and Ninten utilizes some different PSI abilities and items which could make him pretty unique compared to Ness and Lucas. I think the only thing that really stands against Ninten is that the first Mother game is the least popular in the series, and the series is not too well known to begin with. But the game was released recently in the West and Sakurai did say he wouldn't have included Lucas if he knew Mother 3 wasn't planned on leaving Japan, so...

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
NGL; one of my favorite prospects of Ninten being in Ultimate is what other fighting game can you say has an asthmatic character? Only in Smash!

D

Deleted member

It just warms my heart to come and see an entire discussion dedicated to Ninten for Smash Ultimate. I love the Mother games so much! Also, even if I did find a game that I love more than Mother 3 (which is make believe), there will always be something about the Mother series that is so much more important to me! Btw, Ninten, Ana, Loid, Teddy, Giygas, Porky, Duster, and Claus for Smash Ultimate (Ninten is the priority though)!

D

Deleted member

Anyways, you definitely have my support for Ninten for Ultimate! I hope he is his own character, but if he is an echo, I'll be happy that he is in!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
this observation must have been made before but ill say it anyway, surely the argument against ninten cause he looks like ness where put to bed when pitoo got in

D

Deleted member

I am getting my hopes up for Ninten and Claus after watching that video!

D

Deleted member

Some people are saying Ninten should be a Ness echo, but after watching the video, that possibility is out of the question. Ninten would be a Lucas echo if he is going to be an echo, but I think he should be his own character. There is another thing that decreases Ninten's chances of being an echo. Lucas's Claus alt is nowhere to be seen. This alt is definitely his most iconic alt, as it has always been shown first thing when Lucas is revealed to be a playable character in any Smash game since Brawl. In his Smash 4 reveal, they show that he has a Claus alt. The best times to show that Lucas has a Claus alt would be in his 22 second move-set showcase video or in the images on the Super Smash Bros Ultimate website. His Masked Man alt was shown on the website, which means we probably won't be getting Masked Man, but there is a good chance that we will get Claus as an echo of Lucas! This means that with all of the evidence from the video, we could get Ninten as his own character and Claus as a Lucas echo! Or we could get Claus in the base roster and Ninten as DLC, because next summer will be the 30th anniversary of the Mother series!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhmbus

Smash Rookie
Heres how I would update Ninten's design for smash (Lol sorry if I have no idea what i'm doing, I literally just joined)

TheBeastHimself

If that new leak is real, that means Ninten didn't make the base roster which is fine. If DLC does end up being announced, then I think Ninten has a shot there. He's still obscure compared to other DLC picks like Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong (once again assuming the leak is real), but if we really vocalize ourselves a bit more, we can potentially see Ninten join the battle! :)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Best chance's for Ninten if this leak is real is to team up with the Porky fan's IMO. With Ninten's easy echo status; he could be easily tied in with another popular Earthbound character. Plus it's a win/win in my book.

D

Deleted member

I think Ninten should be his own character, and there is a possibility that the banner leak is fake. I hope it is fake

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I just felt like everyone in this thread needed this right now. :)

I believe a dream can still come true
Why shouldn't I believe the same in you?

Top Bottom