• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Eh, I'm fairly confident for a Mother trilogy remake and our boy.

It's just a day now. And, even then, if it doesn't happen here, it could happen in August (Earthbound's anniversary month) or overall a different part of the year since it is the 30th anniversary of Mother.

Confident though that it'll happen here. Got a gut feeling...

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Eh, I'm fairly confident for a Mother trilogy remake and our boy.

It's just a day now. And, even then, if it doesn't happen here, it could happen in August (Earthbound's anniversary month) or overall a different part of the year since it is the 30th anniversary of Mother.

Confident though that it'll happen here. Got a gut feeling...
I have a good feeling too! After reading those PowerPoints and word docs I have a little more hope for him! After a certain point all these oddities have to mean something right? And like you said even if nothing gets announced tomorrow mother will definitely get something this summer! But for now I'm just gonna remain optimistic for our "brave" little ninten because... Well why not???^_^

Last edited:

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Hey all! School's finally out and the nintendo direct is tomorrow and I'm so ****ing hyped honestly. Our boy's reveal is potentially just out of reach and we need to wait just a few more hours!

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Hey everyone!
Just here to hope you all enjoy whatever Nintendo announces!

I PK Believe!

Also (kinda late but still), Happy Pride Month!

D

Deleted member

Here we go y'all. Just 45 mins.

(Ninten and Mother trilogy remake pls)

D

Deleted member

Well, unfortunately no mother at E3 today.

But, like I said, they could still reveal it at a different time in the year, like august or just another time.

Remember y'all, no crying until the end.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Well, unfortunately no mother at E3 today.

But, like I said, they could still reveal it at a different time in the year, like august or just another time.

Remember y'all, no crying until the end.
Yeah, I'm not losing hope until Sakurai confirms that the last dlc has been revealed. There's still two more slots left and who knows? There might even be another fighter pass.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If anyone needs me dm me and I'll give you my discord. I'm retiring from Smashboards and Smash speculation as a whole for now.

Sorry guys.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm not losing hope until Sakurai confirms that the last dlc has been revealed. There's still two more slots left and who knows? There might even be another fighter pass.
Exactly.

If anyone needs me dm me and I'll give you my discord. I'm retiring from Smashboards and Smash speculation as a whole for now.

Sorry guys.
I understand. I've got contact with ya on DIscord, but I wish you the best.

Take care, and, if you ever need us, we'll be here :ness:

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet

Sorry guys.
It's alright, I completely understand. This whole thing was such a bummer for us Ninten supporters. There's always next direct I suppose, but it's still frustrating. Take care!

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Great, we have another swordfighter.

I'm gonna hate Dragon Quest and Erdrick forever now.
They even added different characters as alts to portray how uninspired and unoriginal they are.

If I wanted a swordfighter who uses magic I would just play Robin.
They REALLY need to stop adding swordfighters...

And honestly, I doubt we'll get 1st parties as part of the first DLC roster. There COULD be one for 1st parties and even echo fighters, who knows?
Oh well, can't wait for second DLC roster to come in 2022, it's gonna be awesome! :D

D

Deleted member

Remember y'all, don't give up. There's still two more characters in this DLC cycle, and separate and future DLC are possibilities.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

They even added different characters as alts to portray how uninspired and unoriginal they are.

And honestly, I doubt we'll get 1st parties as part of the first DLC roster. There COULD be one for 1st parties and even echo fighters, who knows?
Oh well, can't wait for second DLC roster to come in 2022, it's gonna be awesome! :D
That's really not a good look to give. Especially seeing how we're a fanbase for a character so similar to another people thing an Echo is going too far. Let's be mature now.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman

Sorry guys.
Best of luck. I’ve never seen someone so dedicated to a character. It inspired even a jaded, cynical EarthBound fan like myself to actively care about getting more Mother content.

D

Deleted member

Especially seeing how we're a fanbase for a character so similar to another people thing an Echo is going too far.
I mean, it's best to be mature, but are we really gonna start discussing whether or not characters "deserve" to be in the game?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I mean, it's best to be mature, but are we really gonna start discussing whether or not characters "deserve" to be in the game?
We don't have to, but calling a character who obviously plays very different from any other 'uninspired' doesn't really help our case. If Hero is uninspired, where does that leave Ninten, a character with a design and powerset that many people consider identical to Ness?

D

Deleted member

We don't have to, but calling a character who obviously plays very different from any other 'uninspired' doesn't really help our case. If Hero is uninspired, where does that leave Ninten, a character with a design and powerset that many people consider identical to Ness?
Maybe because that would be judging a book by its cover? I mean, you know what Ninten can do, we've listed it in this thread so many times. You know what they can do to change the design and make him more distinguishable. So saying that Ninten "isn't 'worthy' of these reasons" is kinda being too considerate of something someone would say who doesn't know much about his character.

And with Hero, you saw how people didn't think he could have a unique moveset, and that didn't stop him from being added in. So who says something similar can't happen with Ninten?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Maybe because that would be judging a book by its cover? I mean, you know what Ninten can do, we've listed it in this thread so many times. You know what they can do to change the design and make him more distinguishable. So saying that Ninten "isn't 'worthy' of these reasons" is kinda being too considerate of something someone would say who doesn't know much about his character.

And with Hero, you saw how people didn't think he could have a unique moveset, and that didn't stop him from being added in. So who says something similar can't happen with Ninten?
I agree 100%, people shouldn't be judging books by covers.

D

Deleted member

So, what was y'alls favorite part of the conference?

Mine was the gameplay and info for the LoZ:LA remake.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Oof, hard to choose. Probably either Banjo or BotW2, but to be less generic, I'll go with Panzer Dragoon remake. I was flipping out and then had to explain to my friends what Panzer Dragoon is.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet

Yeah, the Link's Awakening announcement, as well as Animal Crossing: New Horizons and BotW 2 were all pretty interesting.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Hey, guys. Idk if y'all have seen this yet, but WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE TWO EXTRA DLC SLOTS ON THE WEBSITE? This doesn't specifically relate to Ninten but it's obviously not some kind of mistake or glitch or something because there's a slot missing at the end, making this look intentional. (sorry for the double-post)
hmmmmmm.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, guys. Idk if y'all have seen this yet, but WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE TWO EXTRA DLC SLOTS ON THE WEBSITE? This doesn't specifically relate to Ninten but it's obviously not some kind of mistake or glitch or something because there's a slot missing at the end, making this look intentional. (sorry for the double-post)
View attachment 227584
Yeah, I saw this, and, at first, I just thought it could've been an error or something, but idk.

Would be so awesome if it meant 2 more characters.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I saw this, and, at first, I just thought it could've been an error or something, but idk.

Would be so awesome if it meant 2 more characters.
I don't know what this means. It could just be a mistake and maybe I'm getting hyped over nothing but it's still something to look out for.

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Well it's sad that Ninten didn't make it... I won't diss the characters that got in because I think somewhere there's people who really wanted them....and I'm not gonna give up on Ninten I mean there's still slots to be filled, the oddities are still there, we may have to wait a little longer for our answer but I think it's still possible, and to give up on Ninten and any mother content now would honestly make me even more sad, I'm gonna keep hoping for him, and remain optimistic!!, because Sakurai and Nintendo are full of surprises! ...besides we're not supposed to cry until the end remember! Stay strong everyone!

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
It's hard not to be pessimistic seeing that people got Erdrick, the same people who (in my personal experience) also downgrade Ninten and other characters like if their character is better.
Seriously, I know no one who has ever heard of Dragon Quest. It's just infuriating that this character that I've never heard of before gets in cuz people are like "Oh yeah, we want this now, give it to us".

I know that doesn't represent the people in general, but as I previously said that's been my experience. And it does feel unfair that other people who have been waiting for Ninten longer than me have still not gotten their character.

But I guess am sorry for my previous comment, I know there are like 10 people out there who just like Dragon Quest and don't insult others for wanting to see someone else in. It's just very demoralizing...

But yeah, sorry about my previous comment. Congrats, your character is in. Good for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If y'all were to choose the ****in wackiest Mother character (or, hell, even thing), who/what would you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I guess this was not our time,don't lose hope guys.

Some people here know that I really wanted Hero as well as Ninten,and although I loved every bit of the character I'm also kinda sad that Ninten (or any Mother announcement) didn't make it this time.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Smash has more brawlers than it does sword fighters.

And lol at calling the Dragon Quest Heroes "generic" while wanting a guy who looks just like Ness. I understand you guys being disappointed in the complete lack of Mother news at E3, I really do, but a Mother character in Smash being announced at a huge event like E3 was pretty unrealistic.

D

Deleted member

Smash has more brawlers than it does sword fighters.

And lol at calling the Dragon Quest Heroes "generic" while wanting a guy who looks just like Ness. I understand you guys being disappointed in the complete lack of Mother news at E3, I really do, but a Mother character in Smash being announced at a huge event like E3 was pretty unrealistic.
Two things: Just because he may look similar (and, even then, that can be changed to differentiate him more), doesn't mean he can't do things differently. And, I'm not saying Hero is generic, I'm making an argument for Ninten.

Second, just because you think something was/is unrealistic doesn't mean it is. You have your ideas for what's realistic, we have ours. Not a huge fan of someone coming in the thread to try and say what we should and shouldn't expect.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Two things: Just because he may look similar (and, even then, that can be changed to differentiate him more), doesn't mean he can't do things differently. And, I'm not saying Hero is generic, I'm making an argument for Ninten.

Second, just because you think something was/is unrealistic doesn't mean it is. You have your ideas for what's realistic, we have ours. Not a huge fan of someone coming in the thread to try and say what we should and shouldn't expect.
I think the guy was just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy in the message quoted.

Top Bottom