• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
And when it comes to the Magic Herbs I always thought he would either consume them by, like, putting them on his wounds like some sort of bandaid or use them as if they were tea leaves..
I had a friend who was watching me play EarthBound once, and when I got a magic butterfly (causing the screen flashed purple) I just said "purple haze" and snickered.

He then came to the conclusion that Ness rolled the butterflies into a joint before lighting and smoking them.

This is canon for me ever since

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Hey, I hope you guys didn't forget me!
I really miss talking on this thread, so hopefully I'll be a little bit more active on here
(Since this week is my finals).

It’s gonna be a looooong trip to 100.
Lemme help you guys with that! :)

Your docs always surprises me everytime I read it, it was a ride of conflicting emotions
and excitement. I honestly I hope we atleast get an Earthbound Collection announced at E3.
You did however raised some good points, I always thought how strange it is of how much attention they were giving to
Mother/Earthbound in Ultimate to compare to the previous installments. Knowing that Mother has always taken a background
when it comes to new content.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hey, I hope you guys didn't forget me!
I really miss talking on this thread, so hopefully I'll be a little bit more active on here
(Since this week is my finals).

Lemme help you guys with that! :)

Your docs always surprises me everytime I read it, it was a ride of conflicting emotions
and excitement. I honestly I hope we atleast get an Earthbound Collection announced at E3.
You did however raised some good points, I always thought how strange it is of how much attention they were giving to
Mother/Earthbound in Ultimate to compare to the previous installments. Knowing that Mother has always taken a background
when it comes to new content.
I try my best. Good thing is we only have to wait a week to finally get some news. There’s something funky going on and I wanted to get to the bottom of it. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s anything left for me to do right now. Just gotta ride it out.

Mother of mercy! That’s a lot of slides! How long did it take you to make this?!
I think I started in April, so two months? I’ve been digging into stuff since last August.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Okay first of all, holy frick, you're insane and i love you.

Second, you perfectly managed to put all of my thoughts about Mother's weird representation in smash and all of the strange hints pointing toward an EB newcomer in a neat and tidy way.

Finally, i may not agree with all of the points you make but i can clearly see that a lot of effort and research went into making this.

My Mr. Baseball cap's off to you sir, well done.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Good powerpoint. E3 is only in a few days so we can finally see if these ramblings are really correct.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
OK, so not to take away from the PowerPoint, but I legitimately need help.

I've been playing Earthbound again, and since Saturday evening, I've played about 14 hours trying to get the Sword of Kings. Nothing else, just grinding for that item. Is there just something about the SNES Classic version of this game that is different, or am I just having awful luck?

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman

I've been playing Earthbound again, and since Saturday evening, I've played about 14 hours trying to get the Sword of Kings. Nothing else, just grinding for that item. Is there just something about the SNES Classic version of this game that is different, or am I just having awful luck?
Nope. 1/128 drop rates are just the worst.

For that reason, I'll never forget the time I got the gutsy bat. Probably the luckiest I've ever gotten in any game I've played.

D

Deleted member

Nope. 1/128 drop rates are just the worst.

For that reason, I'll never forget the time I got the gutsy bat. Probably the luckiest I've ever gotten in any game I've played.
Yeah, 1/128 are cluster****s of items to try to get.

Though for the sword of kings, it'll take the least time if you originally came at level 60.

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, 1/128 are cluster****s of items to try to get.

Though for the sword of kings, it'll take the least time if you originally came at level 60.
Yeah, uh, I came in at that level and now Ness is level 92 and Poo, my lowest level character, is 85. I'm actually going to have to kill Ness soon so he doesn't reach max level before Magicant.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, uh, I came in at that level and now Ness is level 92 and Poo, my lowest level character, is 85. I'm actually going to have to kill Ness soon so he doesn't reach max level before Magicant.
Jeez.

Okay, then, yeah, I think it's probably bad luck lol.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I got every 1/128 items on my third run except one... THAT GOSH DARN GODDESS RIBBON IN ONETT.

I swear, i spent 5 hours trying to get it before i decided that i had enough.
God, why do you hate me ?

PhaseDistorter

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
What class of starmen do y'all think is the coolest?
I love the Classic Starmen, mostly because it appeared both in Mother 1 and 2, and it's a iconic design. It's either that or Final Starman, which just looks bad***

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Just looked at the slideshow. Very impressive stuff, The Anigriffin The Anigriffin . I'm definitely curious to see if your theory turns out to be correct.
Considering that all the evidence is pretty substantial, it might be. I'm tired of people saying that the next characters to be revealed are Erdrick and a Microsoft character. I want a surprising reveal, and Ninten would fulfill that desire.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Considering that all the evidence is pretty substantial, it might be. I'm tired of people saying that the next characters to be revealed are Erdrick and a Microsoft character. I want a surprising reveal, and Ninten would fulfill that desire.
Why not both Ninten and Banjo?

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Why not both Ninten and Banjo?
Well, as Ani has said, Banjo is still possible, it's just not "Brave" based on the evidence presented.

I never owned a Nintendo 64 nor have I ever played a Banjo Kazooie game, but I would not mind seeing them in Smash. As I know a few awesome people who love that game.

Also, I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to Dragon Quest (I actually had to look up what Erdrick's game was called) but I've kept in touch here and there with what's going on in the Smash community in general. And it's only now that I've seen people saying they want Erdrick, not saying Erdrick fans never existed but it's only now that I've seen them.

Yes, the characters are said to be unexpected, but I don't know if they'll add a character that didn't have much of a demand until now. Ninten is still a very unexpected character even if he was in the Brawl polls, cuz like... come on, I bet 85% of the people are not expecting an Earthbound character.

Or I could actually be horribly wrong and Erdrick fans have always been this relevant and I just never noticed or never happened to stumble upon them. Either way, if it was possible, it would be awesome that all of our fav characters made it in. Now that would actually be unexpected. xD

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
My honest predictions for the coming days: no mother news, no Ninten.

Regardless, I’ll still be rooting for our boy. I look forward to being here (or hopefully on Ninten’s new board) to talk about the results!

Top Bottom