• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not really related to any kind of discussion, but is Earthbound Beginnings worth playing? I know Mother 3 is the one everybody says I should play but I don't like emulating games. If Ninten (or some other mother character) gets in as DLC I might get around to playing it.
I liked it, but if you know where to go 'cause of a walkthrough (or just stumble upon where in a short amount of time through luck I guess) it can feel slow at some point because you'll need to grind levels to beat stronger enemies.

Not really a problem imo, I just remember not playing it for a long while before reaching the final areas because I got bored...I used to try and rush things other than dialogue.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yes, there is a Pit (Original) spirit. Pokemon also got a new victory theme. Both Pokemon and Mother's rights are shared with The Pokemon Company and Shigesato Itoi respectively, so if it was a case of rights holders and new victory themes, Pokemon's victory theme would have been copyrighted.

> Both series have shared rights
> Both series have a new victory theme
> Mother series' victory theme is not allowed to be recorded but Pokemon's is
Why

A theory I have is that a new Pokemon rep for the base roster was known, so the Pokemon theme was allowed to be recorded. A new Mother rep may have been unknown by everyone except the higher-ups at Nintendo, since a new one may be saved for DLC!
Another thing: Remember when Lucas got leaked? Or EB0 getting localized? Me neither, because neither actually happened. Pretty impressive. To me it sounds like they keep the Mother content underwraps pretty tightly. Verge is the only insider that was genuine when he mentioned hearing about it, and that was way back in 2017. No one genuine since then has mentioned it. I don't even think Verge has either Hmm...

And yeah this probably ties into the suspicious nature of the Mother content in Smash, with the copy written music and the lack of content being posted onto the blog and the like.

Then there's the Mother spirits which are a whole other can of worms. The weirdest thing to me was that Loid and Ana were explicitly shown on the website, but Ninten wasn't.

Not really related to any kind of discussion, but is Earthbound Beginnings worth playing? I know Mother 3 is the one everybody says I should play but I don't like emulating games. If Ninten (or some other mother character) gets in as DLC I might get around to playing it.
If you've played the original Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest it's very similar to them as far as gameplay goes, it can be difficult and frustrating at times, but many of those old Famicom games had those issues. I personally think it's worth playing. Just a little grindy compared to the other two.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
It's even more grindy than Earthbound? Ew... Is the writing at least similarly good??

D

Deleted member

Another thing: Remembers when Lucas got leaked? Or EB0 getting localized? Me neither, because neither actually happened. Pretty impressive. To me it sounds like they keep the Mother content underwraps pretty tightly. Verge is the only insider that was genuine when he mentioned hearing about it, and that was way back in 2017. No one genuine since then has mentioned it. I don't even think Verge has either Hmm...

And yeah this probably ties into the suspicious nature of the Mother content in Smash, with the copy written music and the lack of content being posted onto the blog and the like.

Then there's the Mother spirits which are a whole other can of worms. The weirdest thing to me was that Loid and Ana were explicitly shown on the website, but Ninten wasn't.

If you've played the original Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest it's very similar to them as far as gameplay goes, it can be difficult and frustrating at times, but many of those old Famicom games had those issues. I personally think it's worth playing. Just a little grindy compared to the other two.
This points to Shigesato Itoi not being a huge fan of his content being leaked. Maybe Vergeben is wrong about Mother 3 translated because we are getting a remake of the Mother games instead?

This is going to be a loooongg and painful wait to see if Ninten makes it. This is so weird. Ninten hasn't been leaked by anyone notable for being DLC. Only instance was that prime ribs leak, but....only LaxChris made a vid on it....and if he is the only one to make a vid on leaks...those leaks are made by 12 year-olds...

PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON the game is good. That's all you need to know before playing it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
This points to Shigesato Itoi not being a huge fan of his content being leaked. Maybe Vergeben is wrong about Mother 3 translated because we are getting a remake of the Mother games instead?

This is going to be a loooongg and painful wait to see if Ninten makes it. This is so weird. Ninten hasn't been leaked by anyone notable for being DLC. Only instance was that prime ribs leak, but....only LaxChris made a vid on it....and if he is the only one to make a vid on leaks...those leaks are made by 12 year-olds...

PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON the game is good. That's all you need to know before playing it :D
Prime ribs leak?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It's even more grindy than Earthbound? Ew... Is the writing at least similarly good??
I personally only found EB grindy in the beginning.

I personally think the humor and writing are pretty bloody good for a Famicom game from 1989. The npcs can be pretty entertaining at times and I honestly adore the lore in this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Prime ribs leak?
Yeah, it was a while ago, in August I think. It is extremely fake. It was a riddle and people figured out what characters it was hinting at. It claimed to have knowledge of the DLC, and the way it described one of the characters was "prime ribs." Pretty sure this was Ninten. Some people thought it was Dark Samus because of "prime," but that wouldn't explain "ribs." It's fake tho, but really interesting, and the only instance he was "leaked" to be DLC

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is a good point. This combined with the fact that "They don't know what month to release it in" being stated in late 2017 which is a little after the DLC characters were possibly locked in, a Mother DLC character being revealed alongside the remake/localization/EB collection doesn't seem like too far of a reach unless you use the argument "Nintendo hates EarthBound" which... isn't really true if they put EarthBound on the SNES classic. That and EB games sold like hot cakes on the Japanese and North American virtual consoles. I've actually heard numerous rumors of Mother remakes, not just Mother 3. To me it makes sense to remake all three of the games slap a Collection name on it, put it on the Switch with the missing protagonist being put in Smash Bros to help pique interest to those that aren't already sold on the idea.

Hopefully won't be too long, flat out praying for him to be revealed in the spring.

I haven't watched one of Chris's vids in about a week and a half. #bestmoderator Honestly he has the tendency to ignore ideas for content improvement. Though I'll take all the blame for the slideshow videos he's been putting out (and no longer showing the actual work that people put into said slideshows) so I apologize for that. Ugh... His fans take what he says as the gospel truth and that's why so much misinformation is spread...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is a good point. This combined with the fact that "They don't know what month to release it in" being stated in late 2017 which is a little after the DLC characters were possibly locked in, a Mother DLC character being revealed alongside the remake/localization/EB collection doesn't seem like too far of a reach unless you use the argument "Nintendo hates EarthBound" which... isn't really true if they put EarthBound on the SNES classic. That and EB games sold like hot cakes on the Japanese and North American virtual consoles. I've actually heard numerous rumors of Mother remakes, not just Mother 3. To me it makes sense to remake all three of the games slap a Collection name on it, put it on the Switch with the missing protagonist being put in Smash Bros to help pique interest to those that aren't already sold on the idea.

Hopefully won't be too long, flat out praying for him to be revealed in the spring.

I haven't watched one of Chris's vids in about a week and a half. #bestmoderator Honestly he has the tendency to ignore ideas for content improvement. Though I'll take all the blame for the slideshow videos he's been putting out (and no longer showing the actual work that people put into said slideshows) so I apologize for that. Ugh... His fans take what he says as the gospel truth and that's why so much misinformation is spread...
I hope the wait isn't too long as well :)

And LaxChris...I could make a leak right now on 4Chan saying that Mobile Sprout is playable and he would cover it. You aren't to blame for his slideshow vids. I actually kinda like em, so thank you actually :) The Ninten one was by far my favorite. Thank you again

sorry bout saying thank you too much

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
And LaxChris...I could make a leak right now on 4Chan saying that Mobile Sprout is playable and he would cover it.
He covered a leak about a playable GameCube controller claiming to not doubt it because Sakurai picks "weird characters" like Duck Hunt. As if a famous retro character from the 80's that everyone knows is even comparable to a controller from one of Nintendo's less popular consoles. And I legitimatly got into an argument with him over Spirits deconfirming because he claimed Tennis Shorts Luigi was a distinctly different version of Luigi, yet somehow that logic couldn't be applied to future characters. I'm sure he means well, but I'm willing to bet his videos and attitude are perpetuating a part of the toxic culture infesting this fanbase. He just doesn't understand the consequences of his actions...

You aren't to blame for his slideshow vids. I actually kinda like em, so thank you actually :) The Ninten one was by far my favorite. Thank you again

sorry bout saying thank you too much
I honestly didn't expect that the Ninten slideshow would take off the way it did. Before that I hardly saw any Ninten fans speak out especially on 4chan. After that I started noticing people were more vocal about him and even using my exact points in debates and I just sat there like this.

Truly never expected anyone to take me seriously let alone use my arguments online. It honestly feels pretty damn good being listened to for once. And I'm honestly glad you enjoyed slideshow MK 1 for how outdated it is, (I honestly didn't want to include the Claus part because I knew that was super flimsy but a friend asked me to include it so eh) I'm kinda obsessive heh... I wish Chris would treat the other slideshow makers with more respect by actually showing their work in the videos. Those are time consuming and deserve credit even if the evidence isn't 100% great.

And if anyone should be sorry, It should be me for accidentallly hijacking someone else's thread. To whoever started this thread: I'm sorry for sorta taking it over. I just have nowhere else to dump my conspiracy theories

Found Ninten's Spirit battle, though its in Japanese.
!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH HE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUUUUUUULLLL.

4 Star Legendary. That symbol means he's primary right? He's a stripe less Ness... Very Interesting...

D

Deleted member

He covered a leak about a playable GameCube controller claiming to not doubt it because Sakurai picks "weird characters" like Duck Hunt. As if a famous retro character from the 80's that everyone knows is even comparable to a controller from one of Nintendo's less popular consoles. And I legitimatly got into an argument with him over Spirits deconfirming because he claimed Tennis Shorts Luigi was a distinctly different version of Luigi, yet somehow that logic couldn't be applied to future characters. I'm sure he means well, but I'm willing to bet his videos and attitude are perpetuating a part of the toxic culture infesting this fanbase. He just doesn't understand the consequences of his actions...

I honestly didn't expect that the Ninten slideshow would take off the way it did. Before that I hardly saw any Ninten fans speak out especially on 4chan. After that I started noticing people were more vocal about him and even using my exact points in debates and I just sat there like this.

Truly never expected anyone to take me seriously let alone use my arguments online. It honestly feels pretty damn good being listened to for once. And I'm honestly glad you enjoyed slideshow MK 1 for how outdated it is, (I honestly didn't want to include the Claus part because I knew that was super flimsy but a friend asked me to include it so eh) I'm kinda obsessive heh... I wish Chris would treat the other slideshow makers with more respect by actually showing their work in the videos. Those are time consuming and deserve credit even if the evidence isn't 100% great.

And if anyone should be sorry, It should be me for accidentallly hijacking someone else's thread. To whoever started this thread: I'm sorry for sorta taking it over. I just have nowhere else to dump my conspiracy theories

!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH HE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUUUUUUULLLL.

4 Star Legendary. That symbol means he's primary right? He's a stripe less Ness... Very Interesting...
I know, LaxChris is the clickbait king. There must be a character he doesn't want who is a spirit. In one of his videos he even said "It would be criminal not to put Geno in." I can't remember which video it was because of how many ****ing leak videos he makes. Now he is trying to argue that spirits deconfirm, therefore Geno is deconfirmed, with the only source he has being some idiot on GameFaqs. I wanted to link the leak the leak video where he talks about the riddle leak which included prime ribs, but I couldn't even find that, and I am sure it was one of his first ones. Can't find it though

Yeah, after watching the vid it was pretty much copy and paste link or use points from your powerpoint where people underestimate Ninten's potential or think he is the same person.

Well, there are spirits that are legendary but also support spirits, but yes, Ninten is a primary and legendary.It's weird that they didn't just use Ness's default alt for the Ninten spirit battle, that one matches Ninten more. I can't wait to obtain it though. It must be in WoD, and I am almost finished with it.

The thought of a cinematic featuring Ninten is mouthwatering....I'm thinking if he is in, a reveal trailer for him would have CGI or feature him through EBB, or a remake if they announce it, like with how they revealed Isabelle. Hopefully he is one of the remaining 4

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I know, LaxChris is the clickbait king. There must be a character he doesn't want who is a spirit. In one of his videos he even said "It would be criminal not to put Geno in." I can't remember which video it was because of how many ****ing leak videos he makes. Now he is trying to argue that spirits deconfirm, therefore Geno is deconfirmed, with the only source he has being some idiot on GameFaqs. I wanted to link the leak the leak video where he talks about the riddle leak which included prime ribs, but I couldn't even find that, and I am sure it was one of his first ones. Can't find it though
Honestly... He's pretty fake in his vids... At least about which characters he likes or prefers. Like during the Grinch Leak he thought Chorus Kids and Mach Rider were great additions. Week after he asked who actually wants those characters and thought they were lame. Yes let's ignore the entire Rhythm Heaven fandom, they totally don't want a character. He only follows the "most likely" leaked characters since those get clicks. (With the occasional oddball like GC controller) And this may seem like a small personal gripe, but he always uploads leak videos a few hours after a viewer's evidence slideshow which dwarfs the viewcounts of the evidence videos. Seriously, check the viewcounts of the evidence vids and the vids uploaded hours after. It physically hurts me. I think he focuses way too much on the leak vids because he was founded on them. I wish he'd take our advice...

People on Gamefaqs thought ****ing Vault Boy from Fallout was a lock at one point in time. Trusting anyone with anything on there is not a smart move. It's the land of intellectual degeneracy: where fan rules and leak baiters reign supreme. I know there's lots of kids in the fandom, but I don't remember being this obnoxious when I was a teen...

Yeah, after watching the vid it was pretty much copy and paste link or use points from your powerpoint where people underestimate Ninten's potential or think he is the same person.
Jeez I actually feel important now. Heh, that's pretty neat. Still feel bad that I sorta took the thread over though.

Well, there are spirits that are legendary but also support spirits, but yes, Ninten is a primary and legendary.It's weird that they didn't just use Ness's default alt for the Ninten spirit battle, that one matches Ninten more. I can't wait to obtain it though. It must be in WoD, and I am almost finished with it.

The thought of a cinematic featuring Ninten is mouthwatering....I'm thinking if he is in, a reveal trailer for him would have CGI or feature him through EBB, or a remake if they announce it, like with how they revealed Isabelle. Hopefully he is one of the remaining 4
I have two possible theories for why Ninten is that particular Ness skin. (one is kudos to a close friend of mine) Either of these could explain why it's not the standard Ness colors possibly.
One, is that it's a reference to Ninten's lack of stripes on his ingame sprite in the original Mother 1.
Two, is that it's as close to the commercial colors as they could get, Red and White. Just missing blue.

Either way, this kinda kills that old rumor of Blue Ness representing Ninten.

Good god I think I'd pass out if I saw a cinematic Ninten trailer. Would probably have a heart attack if a Mother collection was announced as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly... He's pretty fake in his vids... At least about which characters he likes or prefers. Like during the Grinch Leak he thought Chorus Kids and Mach Rider were great additions. Week after he asked who actually wants those characters and thought they were lame. Yes let's ignore the entire Rhythm Heaven fandom, they totally don't want a character. He only follows the "most likely" leaked characters since those get clicks. (With the occasional oddball like GC controller) And this may seem like a small personal gripe, but he always uploads leak videos a few hours after a viewer's evidence slideshow which dwarfs the viewcounts of the evidence videos. Seriously, check the viewcounts of the evidence vids and the vids uploaded hours after. It physically hurts me. I think he focuses way too much on the leak vids because he was founded on them. I wish he'd take our advice...

People on Gamefaqs thought ****ing Vault Boy from Fallout was a lock at one point in time. Trusting anyone with anything on there is not a smart move. It's the land of intellectual degeneracy: where fan rules and leak baiters reign supreme. I know there's lots of kids in the fandom, but I don't remember being this obnoxious when I was a teen...

Jeez I actually feel important now. Heh, that's pretty neat. Still feel bad that I sorta took the thread over though.

I have two possible theories for why Ninten is that particular Ness skin. (one is kudos to a close friend of mine) Either of these could explain why it's not the standard Ness colors possibly.
One, is that it's a reference to Ninten's lack of stripes on his ingame sprite in the original Mother 1.
Two, is that it's as close to the commercial colors as they could get, Red and White. Just missing blue.

Either way, this kinda kills that old rumor of Blue Ness representing Ninten.

Good god I think I'd pass out if I saw a cinematic Ninten trailer. Would probably have a heart attack if a Mother collection was announced as well.
I know. Ninten would be beautiful. Let's make our trailer for him:

Ness is running in the zoo, a zoo you may recognize. He is running from something, something evil. The evil entity is Ganondorf, in his Pig Ganon form (or whatever it's called lol). Ness fires all his PSI at Ganondorf, but misses each time. Ganondorf then lands the finishing blow on Ness, killing him. Ganon laughs, convinced that he has won, until he hears a warp, a teleport. He turns around....but nothing. He looked everywhere to see what the sound could possibly be. He then hears another teleport, closer than before. He looks back, surprised to see nothing. One final sound of a teleport, and Ganon was not quick enough to avoid an attack. He was struck by a bat. Hank's bat. He is launched off by the strike of the bat. The camera turns over and....

Ninten
Strikes out!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I know. Ninten would be beautiful. Let's make our trailer for him:

Ness is running in the zoo, a zoo you may recognize. He is running from something, something evil. The evil entity is Ganondorf, in his Pig Ganon form (or whatever it's called lol). Ness fires all his PSI at Ganondorf, but misses each time. Ganondorf then lands the finishing blow on Ness, killing him. Ganon laughs, convinced that he has won, until he hears a warp, a teleport. He turns around....but nothing. He looked everywhere to see what the sound could possibly be. He then hears another teleport, closer than before. He looks back, surprised to see nothing. One final sound of a teleport, and Ganon was not quick enough to avoid an attack. He was struck by a bat. Hank's bat. He is launched off by the strike of the bat. The camera turns over and....

Ninten
Strikes out!
Oh man I have a script written for a possible Ninten reveal. I can't find the original file so here's a terrible screenshot.

The ending is more or less a joke but this was my idea a few months back.

Now I'm thinking the villian character should be Mewtwo because well... Giegue is a thing.

D

Deleted member

Oh man I have a script written for a possible Ninten reveal. I can't find the original file so here's a terrible screenshot.

The ending is more or less a joke but this was my idea a few months back.

Now I'm thinking the villian character should be Mewtwo because well... Giegue is a thing.
Okay this is awesome. I love that bit at the end lol.

Mewtwo would work really well for Ninten's Smash villain. Maybe Gieugue could be a boss for Ninten's stage?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay this is awesome. I love that bit at the end lol.

Mewtwo would work really well for Ninten's Smash villain. Maybe Gieugue could be a boss for Ninten's stage?
I’m not positive if Giegue would be there to avoid spoilers BUUUUUUUUT. That’d be absolutely dope if he did. I’d prefer that to R7038-XX, please let it happen Itoi.

Also side note: Anyone have a full list of spirts, stages, and music? I’m lame and won’t get the game till next Tuesday, so any help is amazing.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I feel like if they were going to release a trailer, it could be a throwback to the first Mother commercial,
Having Ness and Lucas fight against R7038-XX or an enemy that represent R7038-XX. Ninten would show
using PK Beam on R7038-XX and he would be revealed with a splashmark like "Ninten 4th diminished into the fight"
or something like that.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I feel like if they were going to release a trailer, it could be a throwback to the first Mother commercial,
Having Ness and Lucas fight against R7038-XX or an enemy that represent R7038-XX. Ninten would show
using PK Beam on R7038-XX and he would be revealed with a splashmark like "Ninten 4th diminished into the fight"
or something like that.
I'd be kinda surprised if his splash screen WASN'T a dimension slip pun. "NINTEN SLIPS IN!"

D

Deleted member

I’m not positive if Giegue would be there to avoid spoilers BUUUUUUUUT. That’d be absolutely dope if he did. I’d prefer that to R7038-XX, please let it happen Itoi.

Also side note: Anyone have a full list of spirts, stages, and music? I’m lame and won’t get the game till next Tuesday, so any help is amazing.
Spirits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwmJblkzM4w

All EB music (couldn't find a vid of all the music of all the series in the game): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHB6mIxNef8&t=1133s

Stages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCgOg9vWC9Y

Hope this helps :)

On a side note, something interesting I realized when reading through Sakurai's article about the DLC in Smash 4 in 2016....

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

Geno is also popular with our readers as well. The Flying Men from Mother come from an even older game than Geno, and the only available assets are sprites. How did you make them into a costume?

Sakurai: On the 3DS version, the Flying Men appear as sprites, but we actually made a 3D version of them. After inspecting the models, we concluded that the 2D models looked better and that’s how things ended up working out. Because of that, we had a 3D model that had actually passed inspection. So we modified that to make it a Mii Costume. On the other hand, not having that pre-made 3D model doesn’t mean that we wouldn’t have made these Mii Costumes.

This is the part on the Flying Man Mii costume. Sakurai made the FM Mii costume because he had a 3D model of him already available. He wanted to make the FM stage hazard on the Magicant stage in 3D, but couldn't, instead making it the same 16-bit FM from Earthbound. Take a close look at the last sentence:

"On the other hand, not having that pre-made 3D model doesn’t mean that we wouldn’t have made these Mii Costumes."

Sakurai would have made the Mii costume even if he didn't have a 3D model. Sakurai wanted to make something for the Mother series. A new rep definitely has to be considered at the very least. And like The Anigriffin The Anigriffin pointed out in her powerpoint, the FM spirit is from Mother 1, meaning that if it is a hint to the new character, it will be from Mother 1

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Spirits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwmJblkzM4w

All EB music (couldn't find a vid of all the music of all the series in the game): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHB6mIxNef8&t=1133s

Stages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCgOg9vWC9Y

Hope this helps :)
Thank you fren.

On a side note, something interesting I realized when reading through Sakurai's article about the DLC in Smash 4 in 2016....

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

Geno is also popular with our readers as well. The Flying Men from Mother come from an even older game than Geno, and the only available assets are sprites. How did you make them into a costume?

Sakurai: On the 3DS version, the Flying Men appear as sprites, but we actually made a 3D version of them. After inspecting the models, we concluded that the 2D models looked better and that’s how things ended up working out. Because of that, we had a 3D model that had actually passed inspection. So we modified that to make it a Mii Costume. On the other hand, not having that pre-made 3D model doesn’t mean that we wouldn’t have made these Mii Costumes.

This is the part on the Flying Man Mii costume. Sakurai made the FM Mii costume because he had a 3D model of him already available. He wanted to make the FM stage hazard on the Magicant stage in 3D, but couldn't, instead making it the same 16-bit FM from Earthbound. Take a close look at the last sentence:

"On the other hand, not having that pre-made 3D model doesn’t mean that we wouldn’t have made these Mii Costumes."

Sakurai would have made the Mii costume even if he didn't have a 3D model. Sakurai wanted to make something for the Mother series. A new one definitely has to be considered at the very least. And like The Anigriffin The Anigriffin pointed out in her powerpoint, the FM spirit is from Mother 1, meaning that if it is a hint to the new character, it will be from Mother 1

Oh my god my tinfoil hat prediction was actually right.

D

Deleted member

Thank you fren.

Oh my god my tinfoil hat prediction was actually right.
You are welcome :)

Lmao Jontron has the best reaction to things. I wonder how he reacted to Cloud Strife in Sm4sh.

If there were a remake of EBB, what would you all want in it? What would like to be changed about it?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If there were a remake of EBB, what would you all want in it? What would like to be changed about it?
>Rolling Hit Point System
>Colored trippy Backgrounds like in EB
>Ninten's asthma being more prominent (like when PK Fire is being used on him or maybe colds could do more damage. I dunno I dig realism in my games.)
>Expanded lore on Ninten's family (Possibly connected to Ness? Not necessary but could be cool.)
>Ninten getting Ana's assist PSI like Darkness and Paralysis
>Ninten getting his own signature attack liked PK Rockin, but maybe he'd have to recharge a turn or something
>Expanded PSI lore
>Show Ninten's character more often and make his relationship with his family more obvious. Same with Ana.

Not all of these are necessary but I'd love if some of these ideas were included.

D

Deleted member

>Rolling Hit Point System
>Colored trippy Backgrounds like in EB
>Ninten's asthma being more prominent (like when PK Fire is being used on him or maybe colds could do more damage. I dunno I dig realism in my games.)
>Expanded lore on Ninten's family (Possibly connected to Ness? Not necessary but could be cool.)
>Ninten getting Ana's assist PSI like Darkness and Paralysis
>Ninten getting his own signature attack liked PK Rockin, but maybe he'd have to recharge a turn or something
>Expanded PSI lore
>Show Ninten's character more often and make his relationship with his family more obvious. Same with Ana.

Not all of these are necessary but I'd love if some of these ideas were included.
This sums up everything I was thinking. Mother 1, Earthbound, and Mother 3 in improved graphics too.....*starts to drool*

Something awesome - with Mother 3 not being localized yet, it has become a huge meme. So many people comment about it on YouTube, that comment getting the most likes of the video (lol). This is actually increasing the popularity of the Mother series. With all of this, announcing a Mother 3 port for Switch or remaking the Mother games will blow everyone - Mother fan or not - out of the park. Announcing Ninten for Smash as well is going to lead people into playing EBB.

Speaking of which, I found this in the Porky thread:

https://smashboards.com/attachments/dtylpkbuwaaiis5-jpg.183474/

This was made by an official staff member of Mother 3. It is showing the Mother 3 characters playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate on their Nintendo Switches. Sakurai and Nintendo, please reference the Mother series by adding Ninten to Smash like a staff member of Mother 3 did for Ultimate

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This sums up everything I was thinking. Mother 1, Earthbound, and Mother 3 in improved graphics too.....*starts to drool*

Something awesome - with Mother 3 not being localized yet, it has become a huge meme. So many people comment about it on YouTube, that comment getting the most likes of the video (lol). This is actually increasing the popularity of the Mother series. With all of this, announcing a Mother 3 port for Switch or remaking the Mother games will blow everyone - Mother fan or not - out of the park. Announcing Ninten for Smash as well is going to lead people into playing EBB.

This was made by an official staff member of Mother 3. It is showing the Mother 3 characters playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate on their Nintendo Switches. Sakurai and Nintendo, please reference the Mother series by adding Ninten to Smash like a staff member of Mother 3 did for Ultimate
This STILL brings a tear to my eye...

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Holy **** when was this?! Fairly recent? First Nintendo teasing Geno now this Jeez...

...You know... I'd actuality be surprised if we DIDN'T get Ninten and or a Mother remake/port/remaster next year with all these oddites pilling up. I know people expect Porky because Mother 3 but that's just it. People EXPECT that. People don't expect a protag from a different game being in despite well, that exact scenario happening back in 2015.

It just might be time boys.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** when was this?! Fairly recent? First Nintendo teasing Geno now this Jeez...

...You know... I'd actuality be surprised if we DIDN'T get Ninten and or a Mother remake/port/remaster next year with all these oddites pilling up. I know people expect Porky because Mother 3 but that's just it. People EXPECT that. People don't expect a protag from a different game being in despite well, that exact scenario happening back in 2015.

It just might be time boys.
Hopefully it is :) Hopefully we can have all 3 Mother protagonists

This STILL brings a tear to my eye...
Same. It's so beautiful

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hopefully it is :) Hopefully we can have all 3 Mother protagonists
Wait a sec... IS THAT BALLOON FIGHTER???

I mean, I'm not 100% certain obviously, I'm no insider. Just have a lot of free time. But having all this evidence that's NOT from insiders is pretty reassuring. The only insider evidence we have is Verge's post while the rest is in game oddities, Sakurai's interviews, and weirdness like the Mother 3 post above.

This might sound stupid and WAAAAAY out there (Although my super out there theories have come to fruition before so who the hell knows) but... Dataminers found a missing character slot correct? Missing character 70 that was planned early on. People on the Geno thread believe it's Geno and honestly I can certainly see where they're coming from with the vifam gun and stuff, but hear me out. I know this is like super tinfoil hat theory but what if that character was actually Ninten?

I mean, the Mother victory theme is from Mother 1 and Nintendo seemed desperate to cover that up before the final Smash direct and the final demo was released. No Mother track was ever posted on the blog despite there being two tracks available. Every big reveal had a music track posted with them. Castlevania for Simon, Gangplank Galleon for K Rool, an AC track for Isabelle, and a Pokemon track for Incineroar. So maybe the lack of a Mother track pointed to the lack of a base game Mother character? Honestly I have no idea. The Eight Melodies not being a new remix is also pretty suspect in this regard.

Could explain Ninten's odd spirit placement near the end of the spirit list all while being a Primary Legendary who's the first character listed in the second EB character list.

I think I might just be sleep deprived but hey there's something to chew on.

D

Deleted member

Wait a sec... IS THAT BALLOON FIGHTER???

I mean, I'm not 100% certain obviously, I'm no insider. Just have a lot of free time. But having all this evidence that's NOT from insiders is pretty reassuring. The only insider evidence we have is Verge's post while the rest is in game oddities, Sakurai's interviews, and weirdness like the Mother 3 post above.

This might sound stupid and WAAAAAY out there (Although my super out there theories have come to fruition before so who the hell knows) but... Dataminers found a missing character slot correct? Missing character 70 that was planned early on. People on the Geno thread believe it's Geno and honestly I can certainly see where they're coming from with the vifam gun and stuff, but hear me out. I know this is like super tinfoil hat theory but what if that character was actually Ninten?

I mean, the Mother victory theme is from Mother 1 and Nintendo seemed desperate to cover that up before the final Smash direct and the final demo was released. No Mother track was ever posted on the blog despite there being two tracks available. Every big reveal had a music track posted with them. Castlevania for Simon, Gangplank Galleon for K Rool, an AC track for Isabelle, and a Pokemon track for Incineroar. So maybe the lack of a Mother track pointed to the lack of a base game Mother character? Honestly I have no idea. The Eight Melodies not being a new remix is also pretty suspect in this regard.

Could explain Ninten's odd spirit placement near the end of the spirit list all while being a Primary Legendary who's the first character listed in the second EB character list.

I think I might just be sleep deprived but hey there's something to chew on.
This all makes a lot of sense. The music situation is really weird, and the spirit placement. Could he have been considered again? If he was considered for Brawl, maybe the reason he wasn't in is because his game hadn't been released overseas yet! Now that EBB has been released overseas, maybe if he is considered, he could make it as DLC

Zieges

Smash Rookie
Here are some alternate color swaps I made for Ninten.

Here's the Deviantart link.

If anyone has fan art or anything else relating to Ninten that they would like to share, I encourage it.
Love the Groucho shirt <3

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_6a0fVlfV8&t=148s

So many people who want Ninten in the comment section

Gives me a warm feeling
Heh yeah... I've noticed ever since that Lax Chris vid made its rounds, there's been a whole lot more people vocally supporting him. I refuse to take the credit for all of this obviously because well, that'd be a bit conceited of me, but I'm super glad people are less afraid to vocally support him. This speculation cycle has been actual hell. I mean, I wasn't too deep into Smash 4's speculation, but I don't remember it being THIS toxic.

What other oddities can you think of/seen? I know there's quite a bit and I REALLY need to get a list together.

D

Deleted member

Heh yeah... I've noticed ever since that Lax Chris vid made its rounds, there's been a whole lot more people vocally supporting him. I refuse to take the credit for all of this obviously because well, that'd be a bit conceited of me, but I'm super glad people are less afraid to vocally support him. This speculation cycle has been actual hell. I mean, I wasn't too deep into Smash 4's speculation, but I don't remember it being THIS toxic.

What other oddities can you think of/seen? I know there's quite a bit and I REALLY need to get a list together.
Let's see:

- A Mother Mii costume for Smash 4 DLC, and would have been made without the 3D model
- EBB released on the WiiU VC at the time of the ballot
- 30th anniversary of Mother 1 in July of next year
- Ninten's odd spirit placement and a legendary spirit
- Spirit battle being the Fuel inspired alt of Ness rather than his default alt, likely meaning that Sakurai and the team who decided the spirits are aware of how he can be different from Ness
- Ness's copyrighted victory theme. Mother, Pokemon, and FE all have rights shared by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems, The Pokemon Company, and Shigesato Itoi, for Corrin, the Pokemon, and the Mother boys respectively. All of these characters have different victory themes in the final version of Ultimate than the demo, yet only Mother was copyrighted
- The Mother 3 art created by an official staff member of Mother 3
- Ness and Lucas having the last 2 melodies of the Mother 1 8 melodies as a victory theme, despite that not being it's own track, from a new rep, or the previous one remixed
- Mother music not being posted to the blog, despite having 2 new remixes
- Ninten possibly being considered for Brawl, as evidence by the cut Mother tracks, Ness not planned to have a different victory theme, and Ruined Zoo possibly being based on Podunk Zoo
- FM is a spirit, and from Mother 1, meaning if it is hinting at a new character, it will be from Mother 1

I think this covers everything

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Let's see:

- A Mother Mii costume for Smash 4 DLC, and would have been made without the 3D model
- EBB released on the WiiU VC at the time of the ballot
- 30th anniversary of Mother 1 in July of next year
- Ninten's odd spirit placement and a legendary spirit
- Spirit battle being the Fuel inspired alt of Ness rather than his default alt, likely meaning that Sakurai and the team who decided the spirits are aware of how he can be different from Ness
- Ness's copyrighted victory theme. Mother, Pokemon, and FE all have rights shared by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems, The Pokemon Company, and Shigesato Itoi, for Corrin, the Pokemon, and the Mother boys respectively. All of these characters have different victory themes in the final version of Ultimate than the demo, yet only Mother was copyrighted
- The Mother 3 art created by an official staff member of Mother 3
- Ness and Lucas having the last 2 melodies of the Mother 1 8 melodies as a victory theme, despite that not being it's own track, from a new rep, or the previous one remixed
- Mother music not being posted to the blog, despite having 2 new remixes
- Ninten possibly being considered for Brawl, as evidence by the cut Mother tracks, Ness not planned to have a different victory theme, and Ruined Zoo possibly being based on Podunk Zoo
- FM is a spirit, and from Mother 1, meaning if it is hinting at a new character, it will be from Mother 1

I think this covers everything
Thank you bud.

Also something else to note... Balloon Fighter is in the Mother 3 art. Is that an Iwata reference? I don't believe he worked on M3...

D

Deleted member

Thank you bud.

Also something else to note... Balloon Fighter is in the Mother 3 art. Is that an Iwata reference? I don't believe he worked on M3...

It could be. Maybe it's a Villager reference? If they want a rep that references Iwata, probably either Ninten or BWD. Not sure about Balloon Fighter being a character 'cause Villager uses his move....

Interesting tho

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

It could be. Maybe it's a Villager reference? If they want a rep that references Iwata, probably either Ninten or BWD. Not sure about Balloon Fighter being a character 'cause Villager uses his move....

Interesting tho
That's honestly kinda funny. I brought up the possibility of there being an Iwata tribute character in my slideshow... Hmm. Certainly took me by surprise there.

Wait a sec... KOWALSKI ANALYSIS:

...I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS.

D

Deleted member

That's honestly kinda funny. I brought up the possibility of there being an Iwata tribute character in my slideshow... Hmm. Certainly took me by surprise there.

Wait a sec... KOWALSKI ANALYSIS:

...I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS.
That's Lucas, right? It looks like it's either him or him with a bandana lol. If that is him with a bandana, then....

COULD THIS BE HINTING AT NINTEN

Top Bottom