• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay so this might not mean anything, but according to the Smash Wiki, EB has 28 spirits right now.

That's more spirits than Metroid, Yoshi, Star Fox, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Wario, Punch Out, Xenoblade, Metal Gear and even Sonic.

That's pretty bloody impressive if you ask me. I certainly didn't expect that many.

D

Deleted member

Okay so this might not mean anything, but according to the Smash Wiki, EB has 28 spirits right now.

That's more spirits than Metroid, Yoshi, Star Fox, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Wario, Punch Out, Xenoblade, Metal Gear and even Sonic.

That's pretty bloody impressive if you ask me. I certainly didn't expect that many.
Please let this mean that the Mother series has gotten enough attention for Ninten to be DLC

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Sometimes I think about whether or not it's greedy to ask for more Mother content, given how Sakurai has already provided us with way more than we ever could have expected.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay so the powerpoint is taking a little bit longer than I thought it would. The issue is that I had a second powerpoint completely ready to go last week. Problem was the VERY NEXT DAY the datamine leak happened. So that fried my brain for a little while. Not only that but I had to restructure most of this since it was based on out of date information. Also my last powerpoint capped at 94 slides I think? So far this sucker is 140. I'm really hoping I can get this bugger done tonight so I'd say at latest this powerpoint will be out by Monday? Sorry that it's taking so long guys, I want to make sure it all makes sense before making it public.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Okay so the powerpoint is taking a little bit longer than I thought it would. The issue is that I had a second powerpoint completely ready to go last week. Problem was the VERY NEXT DAY the datamine leak happened. So that fried my brain for a little while. Not only that but I had to restructure most of this since it was based on out of date information. Also my last powerpoint capped at 94 slides I think? So far this sucker is 140. I'm really hoping I can get this bugger done tonight so I'd say at latest this powerpoint will be out by Monday? Sorry that it's taking so long guys, I want to make sure it all makes sense before making it public.
It's no problem, it sucks that you have to change some of the info due to the datamine.
I trust that this powerpoint will be good, looking forward to seeing it soon.
:ness:

D

Deleted member

OKAY SO THIS IS A THING.

AND I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING.
Me neither lol. It's hilarious

That's alright, take as much time as you need, the more time spent, the better! :)

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
I found some Japanese fanart of Ninten with a Smashball logo on his face... I'm unsure if they are saying they want Ninten specifically but its possibly the first fan art I've seen of someone wanting Ninten in Smash specifically from Japan.
There's also a Mr. Saturn Mii headgear found, but we do know they are not seen in the first Mother game, and Ninten also has his own profile pic when datamining the game along with a couple of other characters who had Spirits which also includes Claus, Mr. Saturn, Kumatora, Paula, Poo, etc. (Ninten's artwork is the same one used for his Sticker in Brawl)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I found some Japanese fanart of Ninten with a Smashball logo on his face... I'm unsure if they are saying they want Ninten specifically but its possibly the first fan art I've seen of someone wanting Ninten in Smash specifically from Japan.
There's also a Mr. Saturn Mii headgear found, but we do know they are not seen in the first Mother game, and Ninten also has his own profile pic when datamining the game along with a couple of other characters who had Spirits which also includes Claus, Mr. Saturn, Kumatora, Paula, Poo, etc. (Ninten's artwork is the same one used for his Sticker in Brawl)
That fanart is adorable.

Yeah there’s a lot of Mother content found in the Datamine. More than I was certainly expecting.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Alrighty, I apologize for the double post, but I figured this would be better as it's own post. Here it is. My magnum Opus. The updated powerpoint. Tried my best to make it as clear and consice as possible. Could some of it be pure conjecture? Sure. But honestly, y'all need more hope.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZKH0sLGUvZxEhEjfFQyzi4krEArlo9iXo4RkGzDGrAU/edit?usp=sharing
Wow, this just gave me some new hope for Ninten. All the the details that you put in into this is amazing.
I forgot that Ninten was almost considered in brawl, and the Iwata bit really brighten up my mood up (also saddens me about his passing again).
With all this lining up so well, we might be hearing something about Ninten soon as being the second DLC character.
Although I don't wanna get my hopes too up, but it's great to some good evidence on here.

D

Deleted member

Ninten could be the third one, it would line up with Mother 3 for switch or a remake of the 3 Mother games coming to the switch on the anniversary, in July. I feel like that is a good time for the 3rd character, and have it be Ninten

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Wow, this just gave me some new hope for Ninten. All the the details that you put in into this is amazing.
I forgot that Ninten was almost considered in brawl, and the Iwata bit really brighten up my mood up (also saddens me about his passing again).
With all this lining up so well, we might be hearing something about Ninten soon as being the second DLC character.
Although I don't wanna get my hopes too up, but it's great to some good evidence on here.
I’m glad you enjoyed it! It took quite a bit of time, but I think this was worth it.

Ninten could be the third one, it would line up with Mother 3 for switch or a remake of the 3 Mother games coming to the switch on the anniversary, in July. I feel like that is a good time for the 3rd character, and have it be Ninten
If not the second, he would almost have to be the third. My reasoning on why he second is because of the dlc timeline. PP I think comes out the beginning of February...? Correct me if I’m wrong I’m not 100% sure. So the Square rep would probably be released in April to May. So then the second character would possibly be released in July or August. This is just going off the dlc time period that ends in Feb of 2020. But if one character is released during the summer, I’m almost positive it’d be Ninten.

D

Deleted member

I’m glad you enjoyed it! It took quite a bit of time, but I think this was worth it.

If not the second, he would almost have to be the third. My reasoning on why he second is because of the dlc timeline. PP I think comes out the beginning of February...? Correct me if I’m wrong I’m not 100% sure. So the Square rep would probably be released in April to May. So then the second character would possibly be released in July or August. This is just going off the dlc time period that ends in Feb of 2020. But if one character is released during the summer, I’m almost positive it’d be Ninten.
That is a good point. I CAN'T BELIEVE NINTEN WAS CONSIDERED FOR BRAWL. It's hard not to go through the powerpoint more than once lol

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm hoping Vergeben's info on Mother 3 pulls through; that they actually have a localization, and they just don't know when to release it.

Sadly I'm expecting Nintendo to continue sitting on it.

Technically I already have a cartridge with the fan-translation on it, which my grandmother bought me off the internet, but it'd still be awesome for it to be released officially, especially if it ties-in with a Smash reveal of Ninten or Porky.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is a good point. I CAN'T BELIEVE NINTEN WAS CONSIDERED FOR BRAWL. It's hard not to go through the powerpoint more than once lol

Same! I was bored one day, and was just scrolling through the EB wiki’s page on Ninten. I saw that line that said he was considered and said to myself “Okay, now I’m REALLY curious.” So then I dug through the datamined content for SSBB and low and behold I fell down a rabbit hole.

Noooooo. You gotta not lose hope :)
Heh I have the original cart somewhere along with Mother 1. Can’t read Japanese so I can’t do much with em but hey they’re nice to have.

D

Deleted member

Same! I was bored one day, and was just scrolling through the EB wiki’s page on Ninten. I saw that line that said he was considered and said to myself “Okay, now I’m REALLY curious.” So then I dug through the datamined content for SSBB and low and behold I fell down a rabbit hole.

Heh I have the original cart somewhere along with Mother 1. Can’t read Japanese so I can’t do much with em but hey they’re nice to have.
Yeah lol. I have to say, people saying "Ninten isn't coming because there aren't any more echos, and he can only be an echo of Ness because they look the same" is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. He has so much potential, and like you said, it's such a shame that people are unaware of it

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
All these Mother representation in Ultimate all seems kinda suspicious, I almost kinda
find it hard to believe that we're not gonna get another Mother rep with how many content are in the game.

I also found this amazing comic while I was searching for some Ninten info.
46016017_1950971131654824_1853751164283054845_n.jpg

D

Deleted member

All these Mother representation in Ultimate all seems kinda suspicious, I almost kinda
find it hard to believe that we're not gonna get another Mother rep with how many content are in the game.

View attachment 181176
Exact same thoughts here, I hope Nintendo wants another character or Itoi pushed for another one. The beauty of adding another Mother character as DLC next year is that it could promote Mother 3 for Switch or (hopefully) a remake of the 3 Mother games, or even just EBB on the NES online, and no one is going to really be mad with this, we need another Mother rep, and we don't need another Fire Emblem or Pokemon rep.

I love that comic btw :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

View attachment 181176
This. This right here is art.

Exact same thoughts here, I hope Nintendo wants another character or Itoi pushed for another one. The beauty of adding another Mother character as DLC next year is that it could promote Mother 3 for Switch or (hopefully) a remake of the 3 Mother games, or even just EBB on the NES online, and no one is going to really be mad with this, we need another Mother rep, and we don't need another Fire Emblem or Pokemon rep.

Remake of Mother 1 with the rolling HP system plz.

D

Deleted member

This. This right here is art.

Remake of Mother 1 with the rolling HP system plz.
Yes please, and with improved graphics

Actually the no rolling HP and the 8-bit style make it so nostalgic imo. But I love all Mother games regardless, even if an enemy can kill you in one hit

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Aw man, I'm getting way too hyped up about about this!
Most definitely agree on the Fire Emblem and Pokemon part, give some other series a chance; you know?

D

Deleted member

Most definitely agree on the Fire Emblem and Pokemon part, give some other series a chance; you know?
Me too, man, no one can help but get too hyped :) And yes, no matter how "unique" a Fire Emblem can be, it's another FE character, an anime swordsman. We already have 7, why does Nintendo think this is in any way good? I am less iffy about the Pokemon, and that and Mario are the two best-selling Nintendo franchises, but we have too many. This is why I am pretty annoyed that Corrin made it in as DLC in Smash 4 and not Ninten. They added a character that nobody wanted and whose game hadn't left Japan yet, over the protagonist of the first game of one of the best RPG franchises who people wanted. And Earthbound Beginnings was released worldwide during the ballot.

I will be triggered if we get another FE or Pokemon rep and not a new Mother rep

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It's odd. At the beginning of the hype cycle, I didn't hold out too much hope for a new character. It wasn't till Ridley was revealed that I started holding out hope. Then I started noticing odd things in late August like that whole Victory Theme thing on Twitter. That got my speculation kicked into high gear. Sorta funny. I kept getting called delusional for months for thinking NInten was likely and now today, a new Mother rep is one of the most likely first parties. People won't admit when they're wrong though.

Personally, since Nintendo Treehouse seems to think the DLC is a "must have" my prediction is Geno as the Square rep, Ninten, Lloyd Irving, BWD, and probably Banjo since there's some suspicious happens with him as well.

D

Deleted member

It's odd. At the beginning of the hype cycle, I didn't hold out too much hope for a new character. It wasn't till Ridley was revealed that I started holding out hope. Then I started noticing odd things in late August like that whole Victory Theme thing on Twitter. That got my speculation kicked into high gear. Sorta funny. I kept getting called delusional for months for thinking NInten was likely and now today, a new Mother rep is one of the most likely first parties. People won't admit when they're wrong though.

Personally, since Nintendo Treehouse seems to think the DLC is a "must have" my prediction is Geno as the Square rep, Ninten, Lloyd Irving, BWD, and probably Banjo since there's some suspicious happens with him as well.
People are idiots, insulting fans of a character whenever they get a chance. Don't listen to them, they don't know how to use their brain and they don't have evidence to back up their "claim." YOU have a LOT, and I saw someone respnd to you on a comment section of a video "there isn't much evidence to work off of." Lmao what an idiot. A new Mother rep, and the missing protagonist specifically, IS a must have, so I need that to happen. Sorry Nintendo, but more FE and Pokemon aren't a must have.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
People are idiots, insulting fans of a character whenever they get a chance. Don't listen to them, they don't know how to use their brain and they don't have evidence to back up their "claim." YOU have a LOT, and I saw someone respnd to you on a comment section of a video "there isn't much evidence to work off of." Lmao what an idiot. A new Mother rep, and the missing protagonist specifically, IS a must have, so I need that to happen. Sorry Nintendo, but more FE and Pokemon aren't a must have.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard Beta Ness or something similar... I could probably pay next semester's College tuition lulz.

Yeah unfortunately I've had to put up with more than my fair share of toxic individuals. (I'm an admin in LaxChris's server and believe me when I say there are some very antagonistic people in that dude's fanbase. Jeez never look in the comments) Heck, even some other EB fans mostly on reddit rejected my info, but I didn't want to stop just because people are jerks, I wanted to get my message out there somehow.

But how can my evidence compete with those chairs in that Nintendo Direct?! S k u l l K i d C o n f i r m e d.

D

Deleted member

If I had a dollar for every time I heard Beta Ness or something similar... I could probably pay next semester's College tuition lulz.

Yeah unfortunately I've had to put up with more than my fair share of toxic individuals. (I'm an admin in LaxChris's server and believe me when I say there are some very antagonistic people in that dude's fanbase. Jeez never look in the comments) Heck, even some other EB fans mostly on reddit rejected my info, but I didn't want to stop just because people are jerks, I wanted to get my message out there somehow.

But how can my evidence compete with those chairs in that Nintendo Direct?! S k u l l K i d C o n f i r m e d.
I know, it's so stupid when people do this, there literally is no reason for them to. With being a Geno fan too, I get harassed by a lot of Sora fans, and you can bet they use the "Geno us obscure" argument. Another really dumb argument, because K Rool, the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, and Duck-Hunt are not playable. This gives us two options about these people: they are part of the Pigmask army, or they have a severely low IQ.

The chairs were a hint a Skull Kid, and he is definitely playable right now.

In all seriousness, a lot of people did want him, so I hope he can join in a new Smash game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Do people still believe the chair theory? I thought that theory has been dead for awhile.
Also I'm sorry that some people gave you trouble, like I said before the powerpoint is well put together
and I think it does hold essential evidence of Ninten be one of the DLC. I'm predicting we gonna get for DLC
Crono/Dragon Quest character, Ninten, Banjo/Steve at the moment. I don't know about the two would be
besides FE and Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Do people still believe the chair theory? I thought that theory has been dead for awhile.
Also I'm sorry that some people gave you trouble, like I said before the powerpoint is well put together
and I think it does hold essential evidence of Ninten be one of the DLC. I'm predicting we gonna get for DLC
Crono/Dragon Quest character, Ninten, Banjo/Steve at the moment. I don't know about the two would be
besides FE and Pokemon.
Well, Skull Kid is an assist trophy, they confirmed it on the website and not in the direct, which is....weird. So I don't think people still believe the chair theory lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I know, it's so stupid when people do this, there literally is no reason for them to. With being a Geno fan too, I get harassed by a lot of Sora fans, and you can bet they use the "Geno us obscure" argument. Another really dumb argument, because K Rool, the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, and Duck-Hunt are not playable. This gives us two options about these people: they are part of the Pigmask army, or they have a severely low IQ.

The chairs were a hint a Skull Kid, and he is definitely playable right now.

In all seriousness, a lot of people did want him, so I hope he can join in a new Smash game.
I already had the Ninten detractors driving me up the wall. I avoided most of the Geno threads for the longest time because there was gonna be no way I'd put up with two...

besides FE and Pokemon.
I was mostly joking about the Chairs thing. I just remember how bizarre it was that people took it so seriously and I just sat through the whole situation confused and kinda miffed.

For another character, perhaps BWD or a Pikmin character like Louie?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I already had the Ninten detractors driving me up the wall. I avoided most of the Geno threads for the longest time because there was gonna be no way I'd put up with two...

I was mostly joking about the Chairs thing. I just remember how bizarre it was that people took it so seriously and I just sat through the whole situation confused and kinda miffed.

Sorry 'bout that. I hope we get Geno and Ninten and all the speculation will be over and we can laugh at all the haters lol. For another character, I am thinking Rayman, Shantae, maybe even Tingle based on your powerpoint. Chorus Kids too maybe

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Well, Skull Kid is an assist trophy, they confirmed it on the website and not in the direct, which is....weird. So I don't think people still believe the chair theory lol
Oh I was gonna be disappointed if people still believe in that, I'm not against Skull Kid though (I love that crazy dude).
I actually kinda hope that if there's a wave 2 and assist trophies being upgraded. Skull Kid, Isaac and Waluigi would be amazing
to have.

BWD could be a possibility since he has a large following,
but I'm a little iffy on Louie tho. Is there any thing that talks about Louie rumors?

D

Deleted member

Oh I was gonna be disappointed if people still believe in that, I'm not against Skull Kid though (I love that crazy dude).
I actually kinda hope that if there's a wave 2 and assist trophies being upgraded. Skull Kid, Isaac and Waluigi would be amazing
to have.

but I'm a little iffy on Louie tho. Is there any thing that talks about Louie rumors?
Same, I am hoping for Shadow as well to be part of an assist trophy upgrade wave. Maybe Shovel Knight or Krystal as well. I thought for sure Shadow would be a Sonic echo, he had so much going for him, I pretty much assumed he would be playable. Hopefully in a future Smash game or assist trophy upgrades he can come, along with Waluigi, Isaac, Skull Kid, and another character that is an assist, like Shovel Knight

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Sorry 'bout that. I hope we get Geno and Ninten and all the speculation will be over and we can laugh at all the haters lol. For another character, I am thinking Rayman, Shantae, maybe even Tingle based on your powerpoint. Chorus Kids too maybe
Hey not your fault people are ignorant. Though sometimes I feel like I'm talking to wall, or like people ignore your points because they're assumptions but then follow up their own evidence with just assumptions. That kills me.

to have.

Not really. I just know Pikmin 4 is a thing and Louie actually got a player icon.

D

Deleted member

Hey not your fault people are ignorant. Though sometimes I feel like I'm talking to wall, or like people ignore your points because they're assumptions but then follow up their own evidence with just assumptions. That kills me.

Not really. I just know Pikmin 4 is a thing and Louie actually got a player icon.
Same here, it's SOOOO annoying. They ignore your points, and then they say "your arguments aren't at all clear" when they are actually the ones who don't have any more evidence to prove their point. And about Louie, I think he would be cool for another Pikmin rep, there hasn't been one since Brawl, when Olimar was a newcomer, he could promote Pikmin 4, no one will really have a problem with that, and, like you said, he is an icon. I would actually appreciate him as DLC now that I think about it, even though I haven't played any Pikmin games lol.

Anyways, good night everyone! I'm gonna hit the hay lol

Top Bottom