• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I don't hear Ninten discussion at all in Japan which means he's more of a Western choice (or Europe) ironically especially when they had the game for almost 30 years. There's not even a single fan art from what I tried searching for either.

However, Mother 1 is #6 on the download ranking on the Wii U Nintendo Eshop.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/20010000002070
Mother2 & 3 are #2 & 3 respectively.
P.s the slogan is on the JP Mother 1 Wii U VC page.

The question is... would we get any new re-releases for the Mother series in 2019?
AC is getting a new game in the Isabelle reveal, Metroid got one in E3 2016, and Prime 4 is being released next year.
I don't want them to miss the 30th anniversary of the series, and Reggie knows we want Mother 3. But if they were to reintroduce audiences to the series, then they would need to remake the games or release them in 2019 if they don't want to miss the anniversary.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Hey, sorry guys that I'm not active much on this forum. I still like to see Ninten get in, but I am uncertain of his chances.
I'm still gonna keep my hope that Sakurai might put him in as a surprise. If he's not in the base roster, we can support him
for DLC; also like someone mentioned here, maybe we can have Porky and Ninten fans unite together.

D

Deleted member

Hey, sorry guys that I'm not active much on this forum. I still like to see Ninten get in, but I am uncertain of his chances.
I'm still gonna keep my hope that Sakurai might put him in as a surprise. If he's not in the base roster, we can support him
for DLC; also like someone mentioned here, maybe we can have Porky and Ninten fans unite together.
Yeah

D

Deleted member

An interesting thing to note is that Ness's victory theme may be different in the final version of Ultimate from the demo. Could this mean that they added Ninten and gave him Ness and Lucas's victory them from Brawl and Smash 4?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Show me the wisdom of the world
Tell me the secrets of the heart
And the sweet mysteries of love

Does a place called paradise
Wait beyond the azure skies
Bright as day?
Look into your crystal ball
Read the future in the stars
Does it say?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
It's actually pretty amazing how well the leaker did on making solid leak.
I'm sadden that Isaac didn't make it, but at least I can cheer for Ninten. So what do you guys think of Ninten
chances of being in DLC? We have 5 seasons until it's all done.

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
It's actually pretty amazing how well the leaker did on making solid leak.
I'm sadden that Isaac didn't make it, but at least I can cheer for Ninten. So what do you guys think of Ninten
chances of being in DLC? We have 5 seasons until it's all done.
He's not doing echo fighters as DLC so that's out of the question. This cripples his chances with that part.
Each of the 5 DLC fighters comes with a stage, however Idk a potential new stage that they can bring to smash from Mother 1 that is as iconic as Onett, Fourside, New Pork City and especially Magicant. (Which was the stage to represent Mother 1) Mt. Itoi is an iconic location in the game which is the only option for a Mother 1 stage, but they might have higher expectations for DLC stages especially when Mt. Itoi is a place that is really just a mountain.

I don't think the soundtrack would be an issue since the Mother series still lacks many of the iconic songs in Smash especially Mother 1's soundtrack. Mother 3 is the only game that has really been represented the most in Smash in terms of Music. I guess the limitation of music in previous games was spoiler territory.
Lip has (Top right of this image) gotten more acknowledgement than him recently with a Mii Outfit and it kind of puts her on the boat on the characters that was previously Mii outfits before their debut in Smash Ultimate. Anna and Llyod are Spirits, so I can see Ninten being one. I think his chances are boosted if he has a Mii Outfit.
Overall both a potential new stage, and no more echo fighters are the biggest points against him now. :( He desperately needs more acknowledgement in the game than just a Spirit.
Dq7vcVpVAAEe_cJ (1).jpg

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
He's not doing echo fighters as DLC so that's out of the question. This cripples his chances with that part.
Each of the 5 DLC fighters comes with a stage, however Idk a potential new stage that they can bring to smash from Mother 1 that is as iconic as Onett, Fourside, New Pork City and especially Magicant. (Which was the stage to represent Mother 1)
Lip has (Top right of this image) gotten more acknowledgement than him recently with a Mii Outfit and it kind of puts her on the boat on the characters that was previously Mii outfits before their debut in Smash Ultimate. Anna and Llyod are Spirits, so I can see Ninten being one. I think his chances are boosted if he has a Mii Outfit.
Overall both a potential new stage, and no more echo fighters are the biggest points against him now. :(
View attachment 174916
That's very true, although I am gonna make a bold comment though.
Since that Piranha Plant is getting in the game as a DLC that's not part of the first season pack, I'm guessing there could be
more yet to come that are just like like that character. That's just a thought that I come up with. :ohwell:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
That's very true, although I am gonna make a bold comment though.
Since that Piranha Plant is getting in the game as a DLC that's not part of the first season pack, I'm guessing there could be
more yet to come that are just like like that character. That's just a thought that I come up with. :ohwell:
Piranha Plant is only DLC because they couldn't finish the character on time.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Piranha Plant is only DLC because they couldn't finish the character on time.
If that's the case, I guess our best bet is to wait and hear more details about DLC content.
Sakurai is pretty much unpredictable at this point.

D

Deleted member

Well, Ninten actually has enough potential to be his own character. Since he does not use any PK attacks, he could be his own character. His neutral b could be him charging PK beam, his side b could be throwing a boomerang, his up b could be a teleport, since he knows 4th-d-slip, his down b can be PSI shield, and his final smash could be him, Ana, and Loid singing the eight melodies

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I don't know how likely Ninten will be considering that Nintendo will be choosing the DLC fighters and echos are confirmed not to be apart of DLC...

Ninten could be unique but that is pretty unlikely as well. I'm still holding onto a bit of hope that some miracle will happen, and I'm going to stay by Ninten's side till the end.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I kind of think a lot of people overestimate how unlikely it would be for Ninten to be his own character (maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part). It was more likely for Lucas to be a Ness echo than for Ninten to be an echo, since Ness and Lucas use the same PSI attacks in their games (PK Flash and one that is special to them, PSI Rockin or PK Love). Sakurai gave Ness PSI Rockin in more of his moves. Ness used to pummel with his head, now he uses PSI Rockin to pummel. Ness's neutral air was just a physical spin, and now he uses PSI Rockin with it. I believe he is doing this so that if Ninten were added, there would be more different with him in terms of move-set. Both Ness and Lucas now have different victory themes, so the Brawl and Smash 4 theme could be given to Ninten. Another interesting thing about Smash Ultimate is that Ana and Loid are spirits, but Ninten isn't. Even if Ninten was a spirit, he wouldn't be deconfirmed since spirits don't deconfirm, but the fact that Ana and Loid are spirits and not Ninten really increases his chances of making it. Sakurai has confirmed no more echos, so Ninten will either not be playable or he will be a unique character. Since Nintendo is choosing the DLC, I think this increases Ninten's chances, since next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, there will (hopefully) be Mother 3 for Switch, and the perfect way to advertise that is adding a Mother character in Smash! So, to recap, Ness and Lucas have different victory themes, Ana and Loid are spirits while Ninten isn't, next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, and Nintendo choosing the DLC could promote a potential Mother game coming to the Switch. Ninten isn't a spirit, echo, assist, or alt, and I really hope this means what I think it means :)

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, I kind of think a lot of people overestimate how unlikely it would be for Ninten to be his own character (maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part). It was more likely for Lucas to be a Ness echo than for Ninten to be an echo, since Ness and Lucas use the same PSI attacks in their games (PK Flash and one that is special to them, PSI Rockin or PK Love). Sakurai gave Ness PSI Rockin in more of his moves. Ness used to pummel with his head, now he uses PSI Rockin to pummel. Ness's neutral air was just a physical spin, and now he uses PSI Rockin with it. I believe he is doing this so that if Ninten were added, there would be more different with him in terms of move-set. Both Ness and Lucas now have different victory themes, so the Brawl and Smash 4 theme could be given to Ninten. Another interesting thing about Smash Ultimate is that Ana and Loid are spirits, but Ninten isn't. Even if Ninten was a spirit, he wouldn't be deconfirmed since spirits don't deconfirm, but the fact that Ana and Loid are spirits and not Ninten really increases his chances of making it. Sakurai has confirmed no more echos, so Ninten will either not be playable or he will be a unique character. Since Nintendo is choosing the DLC, I think this increases Ninten's chances, since next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, there will (hopefully) be Mother 3 for Switch, and the perfect way to advertise that is adding a Mother character in Smash! So, to recap, Ness and Lucas have different victory themes, Ana and Loid are spirits while Ninten isn't, next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, and Nintendo choosing the DLC could promote a potential Mother game coming to the Switch. Ninten isn't a spirit, echo, assist, or alt, and I really hope this means what I think it means :)
We still don't know if Ninten is a Spirit because the game hasn't been out yet but recently Rock Mario was discovered as a Spirit, or even a possible Mii outfit of him yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We still don't know if Ninten is a Spirit because the game hasn't been out yet but recently Rock Mario was discovered as a Spirit, or even a possible Mii outfit of him yet.
500 spirits have been discovered by Gamexplain (I think) and Ninten isn't one of them, and if he was a spirit, it's weird why Sakurai would want to show Ana and Loid as spirits before Ninten as a spirit. Oh well, either way, we can get some representation of Ninten

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What’s Lucas’ new victory theme?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Echo fighters as DLC isn't entirely out of the question, Sakurai only said that the fighter pass is 5 original fighters, but he never said they wouldn't release anyone else. There's a good chance they might put in more echos as DLC, possibly free DLC? Free echo fighters sounds like something that could totally happen, since free DLC happens in splatoon 2 and stuff. Ninten would obviously be better as a unique, but he could be an echo of Ness, or maybe an echo of Ness and Lucas at the same time, kinda like Chrom with Roy/Ike.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
tbh while Echo Ninten is better than nothing, I'd much rather he be a semi-clone with some of his own moves so that he doesn't stay as an echo in future titles.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Echo fighters as DLC isn't entirely out of the question, Sakurai only said that the fighter pass is 5 original fighters, but he never said they wouldn't release anyone else. There's a good chance they might put in more echos as DLC, possibly free DLC? Free echo fighters sounds like something that could totally happen, since free DLC happens in splatoon 2 and stuff. Ninten would obviously be better as a unique, but he could be an echo of Ness, or maybe an echo of Ness and Lucas at the same time, kinda like Chrom with Roy/Ike.
I’d love for there to be more Echoes, I actually felt the selection for them was even better than the one for uniques.

TheBeastHimself

Ninten doesn't necessarily have to be an echo, which is great. I pointed this out in a couple of other places and you guys may already know this, but EarthBound Beginnings was released in June 2015, a few months before Smash Ultimate development began. It was a big success for Nintendo, being one of the most selling titles on the Wii U VC. Nintendo is also picking the DLC... And it would complete the trilogy protagonists... Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I don't think all hope is lost just yet.

D

Deleted member

Ninten doesn't necessarily have to be an echo, which is great. I pointed this out in a couple of other places and you guys may already know this, but EarthBound Beginnings was released in June 2015, a few months before Smash Ultimate development began. It was a big success for Nintendo, being one of the most selling titles on the Wii U VC. Nintendo is also picking the DLC... And it would complete the trilogy protagonists... Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I don't think all hope is lost just yet.
And next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, it's not wishful thinking :) Good news! Spirits have been found of Ana, Loid, Teddy, Eve, Dungeon Man, Kumatora, Hinawa, and Duster! There is no representation of Ninten (who I hope will be playable), Giygas (who I could see as a stage concept), Porky (who may be a boss we haven't seen yet), and Flint (who may be a spirit we haven't seen yet)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's kinda weird that all of Ninten's party members are Spirits, but not Ninten himself.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If Spirits are deconfirmations, then all the DLC characters will be either promotional pics or unrepresented third parties. I don't think that's realistic.

D

Deleted member

If Spirits are deconfirmations, then all the DLC characters will be either promotional pics or unrepresented third parties. I don't think that's realistic.
That is a good way of putting, I agree. You know, maybe the absolutely safe capsule is a spirit of a different form of Porky, like how King K Rool is a spirit of a different form of himself, a form that isn't playable...

Add in: I will not lose hope in Ninten, but either way, he gets representation :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeastHimself

I believe you guys might have confused spirits with online player icons.

When you play this game online, you can choose a profile picture based on a ton of characters from different games. These are not spirits.

D

Deleted member

I believe you guys might have confused spirits with online player icons.

When you play this game online, you can choose a profile picture based on a ton of characters from different games. These are not spirits.
Wait, so that datamine could just be for a battle token for Ninten? Anyways, I am feeling more positively about Ninten now, even if he is a spirit, since my idea of them is that Sakurai added all the characters as spirits that were important to Nintendo to make sure that they are represented, and then they choose the DLC afterwards. I still have a lot of hope in Ninten!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hiya. I'm pretty new to Smash boards but friends have called me the biggest Ninten supporter they know. (I'm the one that wrote that old powerpoint in October that LaxChris actually did a vid on) I'm actually currently throwing together my second updated powerpoint filled with new points that would be too hard to type out individually. Anyone interested in it when finished? I'm pretty positive in my research and if we get a new Mother character, I'm almost positive it's gonna be our boy.

Top Bottom