• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Well that was arguably more disappointing than the September direct.
Nintendo focuses in on titles that are better suited for minor announcements like on Twitter or something. It happens every direct and I don't know why Nintendo hasn't done anything about this. Literally 90% of a direct will be indie games (not hating on those) that can have a simple, small announcement, and 10% are the big titles that people actually care a lot about.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Nintendo focuses in on titles that are better suited for minor announcements like on Twitter or something. It happens every direct and I don't know why Nintendo hasn't done anything about this. Literally 90% of a direct will be indie games (not hating on those) that can have a simple, small announcement, and 10% are the big titles that people actually care a lot about.
I guess I just expected a bit more variety? I think the problem for me was the focus on animeesque games as well as the FE closer look which... Man she just seemed so uninterested in the game...

I dunno I just felt like it dragged on too long.

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Not the best direct for me :ohwell:lol but my guess is they might reveal "brave" After joker joins like after the 3.0 patch, or right before.... I'm not sure how they announced dlc in ssb4 but my guess is they'll tell us who the next dlc is after joker joins or right before he joins.... Just praying to the mother gods it'll be Ninten hahaha

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
There was soooo much anime trash throughout the direct (this coming from a person who enjoys anime). Anything that wasn't anime trash was either Mario related or really forgettable (because I recall nothing else).

D

Deleted member

There was soooo much anime trash throughout the direct (this coming from a person who enjoys anime). Anything that wasn't anime trash was either Mario related or really forgettable (because I recall nothing else).
When they said "Classic RPG Franchise" I thought it was referring to Mother and I was so sad it wasn't lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah I kept calling it the weeb direct throughout watching it honestly.

Makes me kinda wonder why NOA supposedly thought that this was one worth paying attention too. There's gotta be a reason... Hmm.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
According to the Lycanroc support thread, Verge actually got something wrong. He claimed that this direct would reveal Star Fox: Grand Prix and Pikmin 4 and that ended up not being the case. He also claimed that if a Zelda game is revealed, it would have nothing to do with Link's Awakening.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
According to the Lycanroc support thread, Verge actually got something wrong. He claimed that this direct would reveal Star Fox: Grand Prix and Pikmin 4 and that ended up not being the case. He also claimed that if a Zelda game is revealed, it would have nothing to do with Link's Awakening.
Yeah his credibility went completely down the drain yesterday.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
And now, Erdrick is a lot less likely as a result.
I feel like yesterday would be the perfect time to reveal him honestly. It was the jrpg direct and had a huge segment dedicated just to DQ. DQ is obviously not impossible, but seeing how just about every insider got bamboozled I feel like the Erdrick leak is gonna fall in line with those as well.

My tin foil hat theory: Square used Erdrick as leakbait for their character to make DQ seem more interesting in the west hoping that it would help expose the game more and sell more copies of the new game on Switch.

Just a thought to chew on. Probs not very accurate.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I feel like yesterday would be the perfect time to reveal him honestly. It was the jrpg direct and had a huge segment dedicated just to DQ. DQ is obviously not impossible, but seeing how just about every insider got bamboozled I feel like the Erdrick leak is gonna fall in line with those as well.

My tin foil hat theory: Square used Erdrick as leakbait for their character to make DQ seem more interesting in the west hoping that it would help expose the game more and sell more copies of the new game on Switch.

Just a thought to chew on. Probs not very accurate.
But, Erdrick being a lot less likely (he's even less likely then after the stats were found). Ninten actually stands a good shot at getting in as a DLC character.

D

Deleted member

Verge got destroyed yesterday. He, like you said, claimed that Starfox Grand Prix and an LoZ game that had nothing to do with Awakening would be shown.

About Pikmin, it was actually a Pikmin 3 port he claimed would be shown off in the direct. Either way, he's done. There's nothing he can do in the future to save his credibility. It's gotten to the point where I might as well just ignore what he has to say. After he got the SE rep being revealed first incorrect, I didn't completely shut him out, but I took what he said with a grain of salt. Now, I might as well write him off completely.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still see Erdrick or Slime as most-likely, as Verge's info about Erdrick could be correct but had some leakbait with it (plus Tansut also says Erdrick will come with male and female alts, and "brave" is literally DQ's "Hero" characters in Japan apparently), but yeah he did take a hit in credibility.

I do find it strange how we're writing him off now, though, when he's always been hit-and-miss with his info save for Smash (except he got the Minecraft boss wrong as well as Erdrick being the first reveal).

D

Deleted member

I still see Erdrick or Slime as most-likely, as Verge's info about Erdrick could be correct but had some leakbait with it (plus Tansut also says Erdrick will come with male and female alts, and "brave" is literally DQ's "Hero" characters in Japan apparently), but yeah he did take a hit in credibility.

I do find it strange how we're writing him off now, though, when he's always been hit-and-miss with his info save for Smash (except he got the Minecraft boss wrong as well as Erdrick being the first reveal).
We are writing him off because he's gotten everything Smash DLC related incorrect so far, and, the direct announcement, where he got 3 things incorrect. 3. Two games he claimed would be revealed in the direct (one new the other a port) didn't have any presence, and he claimed a 3rd game would come in the direct, which was the exact opposite of what actually happened.

I dunno, there's nothing that can be used to defend him at this point.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We are writing him off because he's gotten everything Smash DLC related incorrect so far, and, the direct announcement, where he got 3 things incorrect. 3. Two games he claimed would be revealed in the direct (one new the other a port) didn't have any presence, and he claimed a 3rd game would come in the direct, which was the exact opposite of what actually happened.

I dunno, there's nothing that can be used to defend him at this point.
fair enough.

honestly Vergeben and Xenother's sources seem to be really sketchy with the DLC; the only other person saying Erdrick is Tansut, and the top insiders like Imran and the Resetera mods don't let on that they know anything, while they seemed to know nearly or literally everything for the base-game, including a bit more than Verge.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ninten is literally the only Mother main character who isn’t playable in Smash yet.

He would be a good addition for me based on that alone.

D

Deleted member

fair enough.

honestly Vergeben and Xenother's sources seem to be really sketchy with the DLC; the only other person saying Erdrick is Tansut, and the top insiders like Imran and the Resetera mods don't let on that they know anything, while they seemed to know nearly or literally everything for the base-game, including a bit more than Verge.
In fact, Imran Khan said the direct would be a "big one." I'm not sure if he is reliable. Maybe it was just his opinion and thought the stuff there was extra hype, but, most likely, he either got leakbaited or just doesn't have accurate info.

Tansut leaked Cloud the day of the direct, masked it as a prediction, and made it a cryptic message. With Erdrick, he's outright saying that he is in and leaking this long before his reveal (if he is in). He doesn't really have an accurate enough track record, so I don't find any reason to believe him.

Ninten is literally the only Mother main character who isn’t playable in Smash yet.

He would be a good addition for me based on that alone.
Yeah. He's the only protag not here yet and he needs to be lol

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In fact, Imran Khan said the direct would be a "big one." I'm not sure if he is reliable. Maybe it was just his opinion and thought the stuff there was extra hype, but, most likely, he either got leakbaited or just doesn't have accurate info.

Tansut leaked Cloud the day of the direct, masked it as a prediction, and made it a cryptic message. With Erdrick, he's outright saying that he is in and leaking this long before his reveal (if he is in). He doesn't really have an accurate enough track record, so I don't find any reason to believe him.
I think Imran is reliable, he could've been referring to Mario Maker or Link's Awakening, or just the amount of games packed in idk. He didn't specifically state Smash, as his info isn't about Smash specifically - I don't think he straight-up leaks info like Vergeben does, either.

Tansut - yeah, so far he's only leaked one thing so I don't know. I'm still keeping Erdrick in mind because of how well he fits with "brave" in how the DQ heroes are called in Japan, but I'd be happy if it was Ninten or Banjo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a hunch that Ninten and Porky will be revealed at E3 (one of them as one of the 5 DLC characters in wave 1, the other as an individual character, like Piranha Plant) alongside a Mother trilogy remake

*stay tuned*

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeastHimself

Hey Nintenbros.

It's nice to come here and just chill. This and the Geno thread are some of the nicest places on this site. Anyway, I wanted to vent, hope you guys don't mind. As you guys can see in my profile pic, I really want Conker in Smash. As shocking as this is to some people, I prefer him over Banjo when it comes to Rare characters. But literally nobody talks about him at all. It's either Banjo or Steve. I guess since Conker has those two huge competitors in his way, he deserves to be neglected... I'm trying to keep the Conker thread alive but I post something and no replies ever happen. I'm so grateful Ninten isn't treated the same way, I'm really happy he's got this loving community supporting him till the end. :)

D

Deleted member

Hey Nintenbros.

It's nice to come here and just chill. This and the Geno thread are some of the nicest places on this site. Anyway, I wanted to vent, hope you guys don't mind. As you guys can see in my profile pic, I really want Conker in Smash. As shocking as this is to some people, I prefer him over Banjo when it comes to Rare characters. But literally nobody talks about him at all. It's either Banjo or Steve. I guess since Conker has those two huge competitors in his way, he deserves to be neglected... I'm trying to keep the Conker thread alive but I post something and no replies ever happen. I'm so grateful Ninten isn't treated the same way, I'm really happy he's got this loving community supporting him till the end. :)
We're always supporting Ninten till the end :)

Also, lots of characters "never" had chances in Smash or people talking about them. I know someone who supported Duck-hunt in the Sm4sh speculation days (and probably even long before that too), and nobody but him was talking about Duck-hunt. After the dog and duck were revealed, everyone kept talking about how the pair "made a lot of sense" which was a result of their confirmation.

TL;DR Don't give up on a character you want :D

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hey Nintenbros.

Well I try my best to dig up info and looks like I did something right here since we actually passed 50 pages. Jeez I think I joined on page 7...

I never got the chance to play Conker's Bad Fur Day due to never owning any of the Xbox consoles and I could never find a copy of the original N64 cart like I luckily did with Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, so I sadly don't really have an educated opinion on him.

BUT, I certainly wouldn't be mad if he got in and not Banjo as that'd mean there's a possibility that I'd actually be able to play his game which would be nice since I've never had the ability to. Here's hoping to a Rare Revival though! These characters deserve it.

TheBeastHimself

Thanks for the support guys. I don't care if I'm the only one posting in that thread, I'm not letting Conker support go down the toilet!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey Nintenbros.

Conker’s my favorite Rare character, and I’d support him in a heartbeat if Smash wasn’t T-rated at most.

Still would be my main in the hypothetical Xbox Smash that won’t happen.

TheBeastHimself

Conker’s my favorite Rare character, and I’d support him in a heartbeat if Smash wasn’t T-rated at most.

Still would be my main in the hypothetical Xbox Smash that won’t happen.
You should definitely stop by the Conker thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/a-bad-smash-day-conker-for-ultimate.455216/ Trust me, it needs all the support it can get. :)

Back to Mother stuff The Anigriffin The Anigriffin I'm loving your new profile pic. That person's art for Ninten is phenomenal, and if he gets in I'd really like those PSI effects to carry over!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Back to Mother stuff The Anigriffin The Anigriffin I'm loving your new profile pic. That person's art for Ninten is phenomenal, and if he gets in I'd really like those PSI effects to carry over!
Yesssss I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it posted here. The attitude, the PSI effects, the scarf, it's perfect and I love it! One of these days I'll actually draw my own Ninten pfp. Gotta make sure it's perfect first though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey Nintenbros.

Popular character wants in a nutshell. I mean, you don't see anyone clamor for Master Higgins the most as the wanted Hudson character over Bomberman, for one.

D

Deleted member

I want Conker to curse and piss on people. That’s my Conker.
Man I thought Conker was a kid friendly character. Boy was I wrong.

Mark my words.

Ninten's gonna be more rated M than Conker. He will hammer knives into his bat and hit all the Smash characters in the balls with it. He'll cough on people from his asthma and give em' disease. He'll replace his regular boomerang with a katana and **** people with it. He'll grab people by their **** and shout the bullhorn in their faces. He'll shoot bombs out of his slingshot and into people's mouths.

Yeah ever since that direct yesterday I dunno what's happened to me

TheBeastHimself

Ninten's gonna be more rated M than Conker. He will hammer knives into his bat and hit all the Smash characters in the balls with it. He'll cough on people from his asthma and give em' disease. He'll replace his regular boomerang with a katana and **** people with it. He'll grab people by their **** and shout the bullhorn in their faces. He'll shoot bombs out of his slingshot and into people's mouths.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Man I thought Conker was a kid friendly character. Boy was I wrong.

Mark my words.

Yeah ever since that direct yesterday I dunno what's happened to me
This escalated quickly.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Back on topic here. Vergeben's credibility is almost dead and Hitagi is an absolute joke. There are no credible leaks anymore. Ninten can very easily get in.

Top Bottom