• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No combos in brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
You forgot to mention a Marth combo video (Redemption) and a ROB combo video (forgot the name), but otherwise, it was a good post.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Oh I see what you did there! Oh my! Wasn't that witty! I came into this thread thinking it was another spam fest but... but you know. You tricked me. No one has ever done that before to prove a point!

Your good. Isn't he good?

Me being a jerk aside people ought to really watch these and shut the heck up.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
see everyone with a little practice you can do combos and speed up gameplay

shadydentist

Smash Lord
These are not true combos. In a true combo, you hit your opponent several times before their hitstun wears off. This almost never happens in brawl.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Oh I see what you did there! Oh my! Wasn't that witty! I came into this thread thinking it was another spam fest but... but you know. You tricked me. No one has ever done that before to prove a point!

Your good. Isn't he good?

Me being a jerk aside people ought to really watch these and shut the heck up.
This was clever too. Making fun of his jokes with jokes you stole from Family Guy? -_- Pathetic.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
shadydentist said:
These are not true combos. In a true combo, you hit your opponent several times before their hitstun wears off. This almost never happens in brawl.
I disagree. A combo should be any series of attacks without response from the opponent--which is far more impressive. If you're beating the snot out of someone simply because you're actually better than them, and not because you managed to land the first hit and keep them unable to respond, I think that's a **** good combo.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^A combo is defined as a sting of hits which is unescapable after the first hit.

That is not possible in brawl because your opponent can actually respond.

Therefore combos do not exist in brawl.

However, you can trick your opponent into taking repeated hits, but eventually they'll figure out that they can just airdodge with almost no consequences. Seriously, why don't more people do that. Do they enjoy taking a beating or do they just not realize that airdodging is amazing in brawl?

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
Yes, airdodging is godly in Brawl. Although you can't direct it, the ability to now do multiple ones or do something else after you airdodge is very useful.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
^^A combo is defined as a sting of hits which is unescapable after the first hit.

That is not possible in brawl because your opponent can actually respond.

Therefore combos do not exist in brawl.

However, you can trick your opponent into taking repeated hits, but eventually they'll figure out that they can just airdodge with almost no consequences. Seriously, why don't more people do that. Do they enjoy taking a beating or do they just not realize that airdodging is amazing in brawl?
Sorry, but as an attacker, you can also predict that as well, and adapt.

xg3

Smash Rookie
I disagree. A combo should be any series of attacks without response from the opponent...
Sorry, but as an attacker, you can also predict that as well, and adapt.
Um, not to be rude but you just contradicted yourself.

If you, the attacker, have to predict/adapt to a response, then that means there is a response to adapt to, which by your own definition (and everyone else's) means it is not a combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom