• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
PA has no rankings and is such a large state they are basically split on their own in a way. Even when PA rankings were around, it was rare for West PA players and East PA players to play each other often. East PA players always go to NJ/NY for their events, and West PA either hold their own or go to Ohio. Idk if people realize it but Philly to Pittsburgh is a 6 hour drive lol.

It's no different really than the NY situation. Only NYC area is part of "NJ/NY," which is like the same situation as the Philly area becoming a part of it instead of the entire state. Every tournament East PA has been to this entire year has been in NJ or NY - and since they don't have their own rankings, kind of suggests something that should happen, right?

Some people say none of the players would be on it, and even if that is true, then hopefully it would give them the drive to get on it. And even still, looking at the current top 10 here, Kingtoon would have GUARANTEED been on it.

And it's kind of funny how you can count the number of events NJ has had this year on a single hand and yet they're still part of NJ NY lol.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
this is dumb. PA should have our own rankings. we have enough people to do it.

why are people listening to chibo when he's not even part of PA anymore. he has no say in wat we do with our PR

if your going to talk about it. add me/Vex/Xzax into the discussion since we are the only people in PA who actually travel and should have a say in what we do with our rankings.

Im gonna repeat myself

Chibo isn't part of PA so stop listening to him and letting him handle our matters.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
LOL RJ called me a random. Just because I havent shown up to NJ for a tourney in a while doesnt make me a random. Last I checked, that one time I came through Jersey I beat Will in bracket. I dont know why voicing my opinion on the fate of my state = me getting called out on my "smash credentials." We have enough people for a PA PR, why does Jersey care what PA does? Not a single player from PA supports this. On a similar note, Rhode Island is pretty close to the NE region, they should just get rid of their PR and merge with NE.

iRJi

Smash Champion
LOL RJ called me a random. Just because I havent shown up to NJ for a tourney in a while doesnt make me a random. Last I checked, that one time I came through Jersey I beat Will in bracket. I dont know why voicing my opinion on the fate of my state = me getting called out on my "smash credentials." We have enough people for a PA PR, why does Jersey care what PA does? Not a single player from PA supports this. On a similar note, Rhode Island is pretty close to the NE region, they should just get rid of their PR and merge with NE.
Please reread my statement. I only stated that I did not know you, not that you are a random and a person who should not be heard.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
You beat Will like 2 years ago, I Dair You to list a current win from this year that anyone would give a **** about.

Stay quiet random.

:017:

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Work takes priority over smash tournaments, so I could only make it out to 2 in the past year. I 2-0ed Neon (#3 DK) and Diska at a tourney in TX. I also 2-0ed Ill matic in a serious set (including a 3 stock) and beat UTD Zac in multiple friendlies. inb4 friendlies dont count.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Contrary to popular belief I say friendlies do count, unless that sandbagging vibe is floating about...oh yeah, that vibe

EDIT: except laggy tv friendlies LOL
:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I also 2-0ed Ill matic in a serious set (including a 3 stock)
Are you ****ing serious dude? Wow, this is truly something.
People never cease to amaze me.

Was going to let this slide (because I honestly don't care), but you really need to be put in place because I've heard this little rumor of yours involving me FAR too many times.

1) First and foremost, there were NO CHAIRS.

2) NO SOUND

3) TV WAS SUPER LAGGY (by far the WORST HD tv i've ever played on)

4) people were calling one of my MATCHES in the middle of our set

5) i was laughing and joking around with other people the entire time

6) you practically walked up and just asked for some friendlies (how is this a serious set LOL)

7) i start -> L+R+A+'d one of the matches (what you call the 3 stock) because the lag was so bad and i had to go play someone else

****ing WIFI was better than that garbage we were playing on and you know it. All you did was laser and phantasm back and forth while I could barely get my shield up through buffering whatever the **** was wrong on that TV in an attempt to do pretty much anything. I've destroyed you multiple times on Wi-Fi anyways, plus I ****ing WON that tournament beating everyone who was worth anything there, while you placed wherever.. I didn't even see you long enough because you got knocked out probably halfway.

I honestly cannot believe you are using THIS to bring up whatever claim to merit you being a good player. Like, this is the BEST you can do? Really? LOL ****ing Illmatic? Dude, I wasn't even that great to begin with and I don't even play this game anymore. Same with Zac, like wtf? Zac is the biggest joking around kind of guys when it comes to playing friendlies anyways.

Quit this game. You're bad and it's pretty obvious that no one likes you or thinks you're good. No one wants or needs an egotistical and conceited ******* that causes stress over friendlies like you around this scene in it's current state.

Anyways....

Grats to Vinnie for first on the PR and Keitaro/Nakat showing some incredible improvement.

Really great stuff to see.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Cuz why not

Uprise 10
Beat SGTW
Beat Mintyflesh
Lost to Anti
Beat DCold
Beat DextaSmurf
Lost to Keitaro

L.I.R.R 2
Beat DCold
Lost to Will
Beat Cheese
Lost to Nakat (beat him in dat mid tier tourny tho :awesome:)

Impact IV
Beat Bloodcross
Lost to Dabuz
Beat Sails
Lost to Keitaro

Collision V (if you want to count my amazing Kirby)!
Lost to Remix
Lost to Xzax
You lost to me with yoshi.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
@Xzax I remember watching that set. He went Kirby twice on you and won a game against your Falco. Then he switched to Yoshi game 3 to fight your MK and barely lost to a timeout. Not discrediting just clarifying >.>

Neon!

Smash Lord
Work takes priority over smash tournaments, so I could only make it out to 2 in the past year. I 2-0ed Neon (#3 DK) and Diska at a tourney in TX. I also 2-0ed Ill matic in a serious set (including a 3 stock) and beat UTD Zac in multiple friendlies. inb4 friendlies dont count.
It's unfortunate that Dark Falco has to defend himself with these kinds of statements because he really is a great player. Work IS more important and many smashers are coming to realize that.

For a while I was kind of like this and to some extent still am; when people used to ask me about my results I would mention that I had taken a game off of razer and vinnie in tournament but failed to mention how they destroyed me in the rest of the set.

Some people take friendlies seriously, others dont. Zac usually doesnt take friendlies seriously unless you ask him to and know him well enough. Unfortunately DF I dont think many people will recognize you until you beat someone notable who doesnt play a character like DK or Peach. I hope you become more active and show people that you are a skilled player that deserves a certain level of respect.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
I dont know how this topic derailed so much. My original post was saying that Chibo does not represent PA as he no longer lives here, and that Pennsylvania deserves its own PR. Posting my opinion regarding my state = me getting put on blast, somehow.
Im asked to post wins, and I do, and as expected, name search master Illmatic appears. Most of the excuses you listed are common distractions in a tournament setting. But LMAO! naming excuses that didnt happen. There WERE chairs, and sound, you sat down and asked to play ME, you didnt L+R+A+start, you got *****. Aside from the TV being a flat screen, it wasnt laggy, everyone else I played said they didnt even notice it. Tournament sets were even played on it. Then, you fall back on WIFI as means to validate you being better than me. We were pretty even on wifi ladders, I even remember you raging at me a few times saying how youd **** me offline. LMAO! Wifi Peach is a breeze compared to Wifi Falco. I know Im free guys, I never said I was the best player. But, you do realize, you just filled 3 pages talking about this random.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Dark falco you take friendlies too seriously tho. you asked me to play you in friendlies and you saved them and uploaded them to youtube without me knowing. just stop arguing with them.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Xzax, you must not have seen the rest of the set. Game 1 was my Falco vs your Snake on frigate, you winning. Game 2 was Falco vs MK, me winning. Game 3 was Falco dittos and you 2 stocked me lol. anyways sorry, ill ask before uploading friendlies next time.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Friendlies can say a lot, people just often john them into obscurity when they lose. In the end it should not be used for an accomplishment. Not saying Illmatic johned though cause lag tvs are pretty terrible.

It is already annoying when someone beats you in tourney and mentions it 5+ times on forums so it is aggravating when someone does it over friendlies.

It is probably just best to say stuff like "I was doing well against such-and-such" or simply prove yourself in an event. I'd do the latter personally.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
friendlies dont mean anything to a lot of people and alot of people use friendlies to test things out. friendlies mean something but you shouldnt go around bragging about beating someone in friendlies.

z00ted

Im asked to post wins, and I do, and as expected, name search master Illmatic appears.
No. I haven't been on SWF in like a month and a half.

Most of the excuses you listed are common distractions in a tournament setting.
No. People don't call matches. There ARE chairs. I don't laugh with other people. There aren't laggy TVs. Sorry.

But LMAO! naming excuses that didnt happen. There WERE chairs, and sound, you sat down and asked to play ME, you didnt L+R+A+start
Read above.... also lol at me asking to play you on a laggy TV. If I truly did that, I didn't know it was lagging that badly and I was trying to be nice. Those are the only two reasons I would do something like that, although I don't believe I did.

You got *****. Aside from the TV being a flat screen, it wasnt laggy, everyone else I played said they didnt even notice it.
People were complaining about the TV before we even STOOD up to play on it. Holy ****! I got ***** by a bad matchup on a character who clearly benefits from it on a laggy TV. No. People were laughing at how terribly laggy it was. C'mon dude, I can't believe you're this ****ing delusional LOL.

Tournament sets were even played on it.
LMFAO, no.

Then, you fall back on WIFI as means to validate you being better than me.
I'm loads better than you regardless of whether or not you beat me on a laggy TV or not. That doesn't even need to be discussed. Congrats for 3 stocking me in a friendly LOL. Take that bull**** pack of lies to your grave bro. I walked home with $140 from that tournament. You lost money.

We were pretty even on wifi ladders, I even remember you raging at me a few times saying how youd **** me offline. LMAO! Wifi Peach is a breeze compared to Wifi Falco.
I seriously want to go back and just find all the history of our ladders to prove how much of a lie this is right now.. but unfortunately I don't know how to. I remember you beating me MAYBE one time back when I didn't even play offline yet. I'm talking like 2010 kind of stuff. Other than that, I enjoyed stealing your points every time. Can't believe you're bringing ladders into this when you should know how badly I beat you on them.

I know Im free guys, I never said I was the best player. But, you do realize, you just filled 3 pages talking about this random.
Yes you are free and no you're not the best player. We spent 3 pages talking to you because you are both a random and a liar. I hope we've cleared everything up now and you leave this thread/keep your name out of my mouth (LOL 713 h-ToWn!!). If not, come to a HOBO when I go to visit everyone and I'll gladly destroy you despite quitting two months ago.

Seriously, dude... just STOP now. Like I previously stated, this is literally one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen anyone claim on smashboards. "I beat a good matchup of mine IN FRIENDLIES on a laggy TV, where the guy later went to win the tournament on TVs that weren't laggy."

Do you know how many people I've beaten in FRIENDLIES? Lmfao EVEN AT NATIONALS (where people should OBVIOUSLY care because we won't see each other again and there aren't LAGGY TVs) I've beaten tons and tons of people that I could mock up as impressive wins. But WTF I don't because I have enough respect for both them and this community to acknowledge that they are ****ING friendlies. Nothing is on the line. NOTHING. Realize that.

Did you see people list friendlies in the Top 5 thread? Nope. Do you see people list friendlies to get on a PR? No. Take that into consideration next time you're trying to prove yourself as a player.

You're going to look back on this (if you ever actually go to a tournament and consistently beat anyone worthwhile) and say, "Wow, I was really ****ing STUPID for caring so much about something that really doesn't matter at all." And if you don't change your attitude soon, people are going to judge these little trophy scars of yours and think you're a complete **** head. No joke, that's exactly what will happen.

I hold nothing against you at all.. but damn dude, figure this **** out quick or you're going to lose a lot of initial respect from a lot a lot of people.

I'm done here. Really don't care about this at all, but I'm trying to help this guy out.
Sorry for ****ing up y'alls thread with this garbage. Love you all <3

z00ted

There's a difference between losing against people in legitimate friendlies where you're not hindered by anything and losing on ****ty TVs where it's not even worth your time to play on them.

I rarely ever sandbag and I always give people the benefit of the doubt if they beat me in anything.
This just crosses the line for multiple reasons.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Yeah, *****s like Vinnie.
The worst type of *****s.

Btw, I'm not a fan of Dark Falco either.
That ***** beat me in tourney like two years ago. Sonofa*****.

Never Forget.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
There's a difference between losing against people in legitimate friendlies where you're not hindered by anything and losing on ****ty TVs where it's not even worth your time to play on them.

I rarely ever sandbag and I always give people the benefit of the doubt if they beat me in anything.
This just crosses the line for multiple reasons.
I agree matches on laggy televisions shouldn't count. I didn't mention it since I was talking about friendlies in general. You're 100% right though :)

no and you also dont play 100% serious in friendlies because ******s like seibrik and vinnie will download you for when you play in tourny.
You have 2 games in tournament to do the same if that happens. If you can't adapt or pick up on any of their tendencies in friendlies or tournament then they're just better players than you are. Besides people share information about other players all the time.(coaching) So you might as well give it your all every time you play and try to get better

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
all of u guys suck. stop coming at my man dark falco, he cool peoples.

illmatic sounds tight as **** cause he lost. in the end ur tryin to defend urself but u still lost. get better and stop playin peach. nb4 i dont play this game. i wouldnt either if ur suppose to be a good player and losin to my man dark falco. he prolli retired u. all u dub randoms comin in here suck except Phil cause his puns be funny as hell. and Keitaro and Nakat suck and only place good when im not at the tourny. yea i said it cause ikno everyone knows it. how is kingtoon so good and he doesnt even play this game. i can teach u some things nakat and keitaro just ask after im finish kncking u out of loser bracket.

drama started.

EDIT: and free PA from the tyranny of Chibo Sempai the Ledge Musician.

#we in here
#girthin since 08
#go so hard they call me go so hard
#ima bout to go find a nick bag
#win a set

z00ted

Lmfao not even going to start with you, King Toon.
Anyone who has a bit of sense knows that I'm not in the red for what I said.

I won the tournament and played for like 4 more months after that set of friendlies that I had to dig out of the deepest corridors of my mind to remember before quitting. That's how unimportant they were to me.

And by dark falco's logic, I recently 2-0'd you on a wifi ladder. A lot better than HD laggy TV friendly set, right? Exactly, I'm not right. TL;DR who gives a **** about all this stupid nonsense.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
all of u guys suck. stop coming at my man dark falco, he cool peoples.

illmatic sounds tight as **** cause he lost. in the end ur tryin to defend urself but u still lost. get better and stop playin peach. nb4 i dont play this game. i wouldnt either if ur suppose to be a good player and losin to my man dark falco. he prolli retired u. all u dub randoms comin in here suck except Phil cause his puns be funny as hell. and Keitaro and Nakat suck and only place good when im not at the tourny. yea i said it cause ikno everyone knows it. how is kingtoon so good and he doesnt even play this game. i can teach u some things nakat and keitaro just ask after im finish kncking u out of loser bracket.

drama started.

EDIT: and free PA from the tyranny of Chibo Sempai the Ledge Musician.

#we in here
#girthin since 08
#go so hard they call me go so hard
#ima bout to go find a nick bag
#win a set
ROFLMAO.

#KTFanboy4Lyfe

/caps

:018:

Top Bottom