• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It's like you forgot about me beating Ally Trela Ryo DRN Will MVD Logic PinkFresh Lie Koolaid Fatal Mikeray Ikon Dill & you.
Nah I had you in my losses, I just forgot you existed. Probably cause you're not on facebook and haven't attended any NJ/NY events in August up to now.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
@dabuz even in inactivity you still beat at impact IV
Kingtoon
Xzax
Delta
Fatal
Adhd
&Vinnie at the last event
only loss was anti
Sktar pools
player 1
Bloodcrossx2
Sktar wins
kiwi, logic,& pelca
loses ally &larry
If collision 4 is included
Wins
Malcom
Jband
Nakat
Loses
Anti
Vinnie

Even Inactive you should be top 7

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I entered enough tourneys in the first month, but didn't enter anything for the next 2 months, then 1 last tourney near the end of the season. I wouldn't be ranked accurately so I don't want to be ranked at all.

Keitaro

We always rank people if they have enough tournaments and wins to be ranked. Nairo had to deal with this all throughout 2011 and some of 2010 where he was ranked 7th/6th and such although he was going even with Anti/ADHD.

This happened to DEHF before to, where he was ranked 7th in Socal and is constantly not ranked 1st due to him not attending tournies often.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
why the heck is j_a_p censored? It was one of Vinnie's Uprise's I believe, IDK, I'll ask Vinnie when rankings are done. >.> With Impulse it's

impact IV wins:
Kingtoon
Xzax
Delta
Fatal
Adhd
&Vinnie at the last event
only loss was anti (x1)
Sktar pools
player 1
Bloodcrossx2
Sktar wins
kiwi, logic,& pelca
loses ally &larry
If collision 4 is included
Wins
Malcom
Jband
Nakat
Loses
Anti
Vinnie
Impulse
Wins:
Ally x 2 (MK banned)
V115
5 or 6 fillers
Loss-Ally x 1 (mk banned)

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
If Impact 3 which is the event dabuz mentioned is in then he has a loss to vinnie and mr r , but wins of luny 3000,cheese , bloodcross, and mr r

also north carolina kinda beat you to the one piece

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Cuz why not

Uprise 10
Beat SGTW
Beat Mintyflesh
Lost to Anti
Beat DCold
Beat DextaSmurf
Lost to Keitaro

L.I.R.R 2
Beat DCold
Lost to Will
Beat Cheese
Lost to Nakat (beat him in dat mid tier tourny tho :awesome:)

Impact IV
Beat Bloodcross
Lost to Dabuz
Beat Sails
Lost to Keitaro

Collision V (if you want to count my amazing Kirby)!
Lost to Remix
Lost to XZax

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Starting this season we will be including South East PA in the rankings and region.

They are lonely and don't have a home, and the SEPA/SNJ region is ******** lol

Tristate revived

Keitaro

Starting this season we will be including South East PA in the rankings and region.

Tristate revived
Lol what? I will actually talk this over with the others. Since there are no PA tournies anyway I'd still call it NJ/NY rankings if we did this but they could be on. But we will talk this over with the other panelists in the facebook backroom.

In other words until we have a final decision they are not apart of the rankings.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
LOL Chibo, since you no longer live in PA, you obviously dont care in the least that no one in the state is relevant enough to make it onto the NY/NJ PR. Combining PA with NY/NJ is not only ********, but would make it seem like PA doesnt exist, since none of our players are good enough to be ranked in arguably the strongest region atm.

iRJi

Smash Champion

Tristate revived
Lol what? I will actually talk this over with the others. Since there are no PA tournies anyway I'd still call it NJ/NY rankings if we did this but they could be on. But we will talk this over with the other panelists in the facebook backroom.

In other words until we have a final decision they are not apart of the rankings.
This.

We still have to come to a final decision on it, but I am pretty sure the panel for the most part will not object. However, this is one of the cases where every panel member needs to say yes to it.

LOL Chibo, since you no longer live in PA, you obviously dont care in the least that no one in the state is relevant enough to make it onto the NY/NJ PR. Combining PA with NY/NJ is not only ********, but would make it seem like PA doesnt exist, since none of our players are good enough to be ranked in arguably the strongest region atm.
This is wrong. Actually it's wrong on multiple accounts. Let me address them.

1) Chibo has been trying to get PA with NJ/NY for quite some time. To actually come out and say that he does not care about you guys is foolish. I can easily say that he cares more about your sector more then you probably do, and he does not live there anymore. Ever since I have known him he has put PA first over anything. That's caring and respect to me.

2) Who are you to make judgment that the choice is poor? I am sorry, but unless you are actually a normal PA person that comes out of PA to play, I do not know who you are. Please clarify your intellect on the situation. You seem to be accusing a lot without proper detail as to why such things can't happen. My real question is how are you even claiming that your sector wouldn't even place on the ranking?

3) Referring back to 2, I can name several people who can make the list. Please correct me if I am wrong that Kingtoon and MiB live in PA, or are they South Jersey? I am pretty sure Xzax is PA also?

It seems confusing to me how we give you a chance to become part of the strongest sector(s), as you claim, and you deny it because it forms some competition that you think you can't handle. If I recall, you guys don't even have enough people to make your own ranking anymore? Why wouldn't we support the very people who travel so far and support us?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Yeah, you "weird" PA person!
Shoutouts to correct terminology and whatnot.

Lol who in the flying **** says, "clarify your intellect" xD

Other than that
*clears throat*

Daaaammmmmmmmn, bodied.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Counting PA as part of our power rankings isn't supporting them lol. In order for a tristate region to work Ny/Nj would have to go to PA to compete just as often as PA comes to compete here. If its only PA coming to ny/nj to compete whenever they can or feel like then they'll be just like how NE is with us.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Counting PA as part of our power rankings isn't supporting them lol. In order for a tristate region to work Ny/Nj would have to go to PA to compete just as often as PA comes to compete here. If its only PA coming to ny/nj to compete whenever they can or feel like then they'll be just like how NE is with us.
So? I guess I failed to see how this is anyway hindering.

The main issue right now is that PA has no power ranking. Now, ill say it again, PA has NO power ranking.

Now, if I recall, Most of us travel outside our own area to participate in events. Let's look at the facts right now. New Jersey, outside of KTAR/SKTAR, has no events happening at all. The closest thing is Rescue, and that has not even started yet (it will soon though =]) What do you think the New jersey people do to play? We travel to different areas to play. If its in in NY, we go to NY, if its in MDVA, we go to MDVA. I have people who come from South Jersey to go to a NY events. LIRR, Impact, Collision are all 2+ hours away from where they live, yet they still find some way to make it with 2 carpools minimum. I can't tell you how many times Inui has made it to my events with a carpool, and he lives in bumble**** ville.

Now what does that say? Well, lets look at the fact that S- Jersey and PA are right next to each other. Having events in S jersey can now help PA AND N-Jersey come to play with each other. What this also means is that it could be easier to pull together carpools to go longer distances.

What you have to ask yourself is what does a ranking system do for your community. It is a senseless act to display ones glory over his peers? Perhaps its just a measuring system to see people growing or declining skill over 3 month intervals. While both of these things are true, the real reason why we do a ranking system is to give people a actual reason to play and be unified in their area.

You stated that NE and PA would be similar in actions, but how would you know that for sure? Are you only estimating the results from past actions? If so, lets take the fact that NE hardly gets support because they live about a 2 + hour drive from NJ, and NY when it comes to carpooling hardly happens because majority of the players don't travel with a car. Now is that unfortunate? I guess, but it can't be helped. You can't expect S-jersey to go to a NE event because that's over 3+ hours in driving. The only people you could expect are the NY/N-jersey group, both which lack in actual transportation to places overall.

As you may have noticed, Jersey is the center point of play not due to the skill level, but accessibility for each sector. Every group around the Jersey area can make it into Jersey/Mid jersey, but branching out from the sides of jersey are difficult to do.

Anyway, back on the main statement. Giving PA a chance to be on a ranking is better then having them not have enough people for a ranking. It was mentioned that PA would not be seen if we did this due to skill, but the way I see it is that PA isn't on the map right now anyway due to inactivity in their own area.

Top Bottom