• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Lol if I go to the movies with my family it's alright, but if I go to the movies with Nakat and mah boys???/// im literally the blackest motha fuka on the movie theater not even lying, I throw food at people, curse out loud and set up an annoying as ringtime that keeps on ringing in the middle of the movie, lol I remember last time a *****h in front of me was mad cause his child was listening to my **** talk. Then we go to barns and noubles and throw sodas into the floor like *****hs, then we went through the trouble of getting a membership each to get like a dollar discount.

**** WE BLACK AS HELL

Lol throw them dollar pies at ppl, not at black ppl tho 0.o, they would beat the **** out of me, white ppl just get annoyed
You sound like a walking ***** moment.

My teacher hates Glenn Beck..............................
Your teacher is a smart person.

my potential best/favorite teacher does too

most teachers do

because Beck is highly ********

can't anymore, big essay due tomorrow and the teacher was too slow in sending me the assignment...so I didn't get it until today :(
I couldn't agree more.

TKBRO - JUST TAKE IT TO FACEBOOK

**** gets real on facebook
^this. 10x

so Jump off your high horse *****...you a mod on aib...that **** aint prestigious.
TK is clownin' you mad hard right now.

My mystery teammate and i will rock everyone!!!

a hint to who he is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8e4AVybkOM
Excel likes this.

So, now that I'm caught up. What's good NJ?

Allied

Smash Master
Dead Rising 2 is apparently good expect

replay value
Timed missions
Loads of mini games
alot of different customizable features

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Dead Rising 2 is apparently good expect

replay value
Timed missions
Loads of mini games
alot of different customizable features
thanks. and do me a favor as a friend. no homo but you calm me down the best out of anyone during tourny matches. if you feel like it, can you support me during VC. I do listen to my friends during the match and you can never have too much support.

Allied

Smash Master
thanks. and do me a favor as a friend. no homo but you calm me down the best out of anyone during tourny matches. if you feel like it, can you support me during VC. I do listen to my friends during the match and you can never have too much support.
sure np i got chu.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Allied, TKO

Commentate with me at Viridian. Since I'm a more serious commentator rather than a funny one, you guys would be ideal partners.

I'm still the best one though ;)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I am very sorry you feel that way about VC Kelvin. SWR have been very good to me and I want to thank you for your continued support of my events. I wish I could change those things to accommodate you but I feel that, for the future of our metagame , pictochat needs to be on. I feel the stage is used elsewhere and for us to stay above the rest we need to have that stage on. Also, the type of game we play has a lot to do with stage control and , thus, why I feel it is not a bad stage.

As far as venue it is worth the money but I understand financial/fiscal reasons to not attend. You will be missed by me as a person.
Pictochat is being used by MLG only afaik and Brawl is being dropped next year. So imo pictochat will just be a waste of time for the metagame but to each his own.

I've supported and gone to VC because of the rules, location, and fees (even though seeding messed me up several times). But not this time. I'll just support whatever I feel I'll have a good time at. I can see something bugging me about this event so I'll avoid it for insurance. Who cares really though? I am just ONE person out of many around here, one who has entered in forever. I should be as much regarded as Shippo.

SWR hittn hard and kelvin plz come I need you for doubles
You said you had a family meeting.

Still, no. I'll enter a tourney if I think I'll have a good time at it which won't be the case imo this time around. Find someone else or don't enter.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Pictochat is being used by MLG only afaik and Brawl is being dropped next year. So imo pictochat will just be a waste of time for the metagame but to each his own.

I've supported and gone to VC because of the rules, location, and fees (even though seeding messed me up several times). But not this time. I'll just support whatever I feel I'll have a good time at. I can see something bugging me about this event so I'll avoid it for insurance. Who cares really though? I am just ONE person out of many around here, one who has entered in forever. I should be as much regarded as Shippo.
In regards of the drop, it's not a guarantee. They normally have a scare to actually make people enter. While a low attendance will affect it being on the circuit, they have done this before for multiple games that are far greater in name then brawl is. GoW, and even halo when it was first picked up was said to be dropped after the first year or 2 unless they get more people. Just food for thought.

@Doom: Sure.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
In regards of the drop, it's not a guarantee. They normally have a scare to actually make people enter. While a low attendance will affect it being on the circuit, they have done this before for multiple games that are far greater in name then brawl is. GoW, and even halo when it was first picked up was said to be dropped after the first year or 2 unless they get more people. Just food for thought.

@Doom: Sure.
ok then

IMO Brawl is gonna be dropped next year anyway.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
You're right; Edd will idolize me in both cases.

YO NJ/NY

Who wants to see some biweekly action at the old Viridian venue in Jersey City, hosted by Alex Strife and Doom?
Better than no venue. It'll take a lot of work to get decent turnouts.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
kevlin its not that you are one person. It is more that I want to apolgoize for not giving someone that I/others respect a good experience.

Doom - cannot wait to start to get hype

Max Ketchum

Disagree, Ether. What we really needed here was a steady venue without a high fee in an accessible location. Only issue at the E-Spot is the fact that parking is difficult there, but look at all the perks it has.

• easily accessible for NY AND NJ smashers
  • lots of food options right nearby and drinks in the venue
  • lots of setups and plenty of space for 40-70 person tournaments
  • livestream capability
  • $5 VENUE FEE plus discounts for setups

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Disagree, Ether. What we really needed here was a steady venue without a high fee in an accessible location. Only issue at the E-Spot is the fact that parking is difficult there, but look at all the perks it has.

• livestream capability
I'm thinking that 40+ entrants, and an average of 250 livestream viewers per event, would be a pretty reasonable goal to set.

The broadcast has to be quality and the matches need to be hype.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Ok Inui, God of knowing when someone plays sub par or not. Even more so then the actual players who were playing badly.

Pierce: No. **** Pictochat and 10 dollar venue. I'll go if Spear Pillar is legal.
You can just ban Picto. It's not a big deal.

YO NJ/NY

Who wants to see some biweekly action at the old Viridian venue in Jersey City, hosted by Alex Strife and Doom?
Nice job Doom.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Yes Inferno. Because the rules of this tourney definitely don't take away the little chance I had at beating Wyatt, I'll ban Picto so he can take me to FD.

WIN WIN SITCH!!!!

I have NO CHANCE at taking first at this tourney. Why bother?

Max Ketchum

So long as the Internet connection is good (which it should be considering it's at a god **** LAN center) and people bring good recording equipment, I'll be able to provide quality commentary while not setting up/calling matches (and when I'm doing that, our region has other good commentators to cover). As a TO I'll ENSURE that any and all hype matches WILL be live streamed (and recorded) unless it's at the expense of holding the tournament up.

edit: Kelvin please go <3

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman

YO NJ/NY

I'm not sure what this means lol. You are the best smash commentator, but to add to Ether that's like being the most hung gay ******. Smash is booty as hell, learn a different game to commentate.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Nexus doesn't compromise fgts
LMFAO

I heard Wade spilt water on Cenas face

Confirm/Deny?

Kweezy come with ussss.
Only thing that would make me go is if a group of smashers goes to see PA2. I have no intention of actually supporting the event.

Also I thought you were gonna come after work? lol

edit: Kelvin please go <3
I just saw you for an entire weekend and you want me to again? If it's to enter, and I do, and do bad, you can predict what will happen after that.

Diddy ditto that *****
Glide toss to Faclon Punch works. Ally doesn't believe me.

Off to go work PA2 plans out now. I have no idea what's happening now with smashers.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am very sorry you feel that way about VC Kelvin. SWR have been very good to me and I want to thank you for your continued support of my events. I wish I could change those things to accommodate you but I feel that, for the future of our metagame , pictochat needs to be on. I feel the stage is used elsewhere and for us to stay above the rest we need to have that stage on. Also, the type of game we play has a lot to do with stage control and , thus, why I feel it is not a bad stage.

As far as venue it is worth the money but I understand financial/fiscal reasons to not attend. You will be missed by me as a person.
Pictochat is ****.

YO NJ/NY

k, cool

• livestream capability
my venue's location is somewhat bad for most people, but it's really only an extra 30 minutes or so for most people

I have a decent amount of space, ample parking, and full control

Yes Inferno. Because the rules of this tourney definitely don't take away the little chance I had at beating Wyatt, I'll ban Picto so he can take me to FD.

WIN WIN SITCH!!!!

I have NO CHANCE at taking first at this tourney. Why bother?
just go and win doubles with Cable

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Only thing that would make me go is if a group of smashers goes to see PA2. I have no intention of actually supporting the event.

Also I thought you were gonna come after work? lol
I was gonna goo by you, but shorty comin thru after workkkk, so yea.

just go and win doubles with Cable
QFT to the superlative degree gah.

Max Ketchum

Just because we hung out last weekend doesn't mean I can't want to see you again, dawg. :p I'm sure plenty of people are down to see Paranormal Activity afterward, and you're gonna win teams anyway. You don't have to enter singles if you don't want to (though it'd be hype if you did).

Top Bottom