• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY/PA Genesis Trip/Hotel/Stuffersz

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Don't know about the rest of you guys, but every time I hear the stories of Genesis 1 or even watch Melee Grand Finals between Armada and Mango, I get upset at myself for not even trying to make over to Cali for what some consider the greatest tourney of all time.

Fortunately for most of us, we're getting a second chance at Genesis.
Genesis 2 is looking to be even bigger than the first, with interest from Europeans (Armada, Aniolas, Fuzzyness, etc), Mexico (Javi, EX, Dark, etc), and many others.

Lol, I know all I've been going on about so far here is Melee, but a lot of my friends from Smash come from the Brawl side, so when I first started entertaining the thoughts of going to Genesis 2, aside from flight prices, the hotel and who I would room with were a big issue for me. Naturally, I'd choose people who I've known for a longer time and who I trust.

That being said, I think it's better we plan our room way ahead of time so we can get the parlor suite. Parlor Suite is only about 80 dollars, so if 8 us are in there that's basically 10 a night, and 30 dollars for the whole weekend. Which isn't bad at all if you ask me. Just because we're getting a room together, doesn't mean we have to spend the whole time with each other, but it's nice to have a place to come sleep to after all our drunken escapades and a place where we can leave all our belongings with people with trust.

So anyways, I'd rather have a list of people who want to stay in our room ahead of time.

So far, I know me, Gunblade, and Keitaro are down for the idea.
What I need to know is who else is definitely going and who wants to stay in our room.

Again, list goes like this and my goal is to fit 8-10 people in our room.
  • Me (heero)
  • Gunblade
  • Keitaro
  • Vinnie
  • Kirin?
  • Will?
  • PD?

BAM!!
Website to help people find flights and stuffs.
http://www.bargaintravel.com/

We'll be staying at the Ramada Inn, which is where everyone and their mom will be.
I wanna get the Parlor Suite, but there are other options as well and I'll list them here.
Either way, it doesn't seem like the hotel will be ****** our wallet.

- Standard Queen: $59.00 / per night
One queen sized bed

- Double Queen: $69.00 / per night
Two queen sized beds

- Executive Queen: $69.00 / per night
One queen sized bed
One pull out couch
More space

- Parlor Suite: $79.00 / per night
One queen sized bed
One pull out couch
Kitchen
More space

Vinnie

Smash Master
If y'all trust me, I'll be in it. I'm definitely going and I trust you all. As long as Inui isn't in it or anything because I obviously don't trust him with anything because he's scum lol.

Vinnie

Smash Master
BTW I'd be traveling with Will, Kirin, and PD, so if you add me then you add them too. They're awesome peeps that would never do anything bad with people's stuffs, I've roomed with them at plenty of nationals, and we're all cool with you guys.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Vinnie, I probably won't add Inui to this room because he is a very problematic individual, to say the least.
I heard stories of him at DC fighting about beds and *****ing at people for whatever reasons and I'd prefer we all have fun for the time we do spend together in the room.

I can cook, so if we get the parlor suite with the kitchen, I'd be more than willing to cook for you guys as long as people pitch in for food and stuff.

Also, just ask Will and Kirin if they'd like to be in our room as well, and I'll add them. Just keep asking around and see who wants to stay in our room, I'm welcome to almost all people, even if it's someone I haven't met before, just as long as people trust them.

Chibo, if you go, you're more than welcome in on our room.
Just lemme know.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm assuming ADHD is coming to the tourney also. I'll try to speak to him about this.

Inui may have been a nuisance at MLG DC but he ascended into the best smasher ever for a period of 4 hours during Pound IV. I honesly wouldn't mind him if he doesn't ***** much.

Zucco

Smash Master
If you let me in this room I can guarantee that everyone will be missing a pair of socks by the end of the trip.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I'm assuming ADHD is coming to the tourney also. I'll try to speak to him about this.

Inui may have been a nuisance at MLG DC but he ascended into the best smasher ever for a period of 4 hours during Pound IV. I honesly wouldn't mind him if he doesn't ***** much.
Yeah, talk to him and lemme know what he says, I mean, there's still plenty of time after all xD
I would mind him. Us or him, Heero. LMK soon.
Well confirming you, gives me four people ahead of time, so I'll definitely go with you guys.
I'd only let Inui in if he has no place to stay and if he begs me and promises to be quiet xD

If you let me in this room I can guarantee that everyone will be missing a pair of socks by the end of the trip.
Just try me!!!
My socks have theft alert on 'em and Jew banishing force fields!

Keitaro

Zucco you really thinking about coming? That would be great!

Thanks for making this thread Heero, it'll really help NJ/NY/PA organize their trip to Genesis better.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I was prob not gonna go
Genesis 1 was awesome, but flying to WC is so much money esp when I don't have a shot at getting bank (unless someone god tier wants to team, in which case we'll get first lol)

Keitaro

I get ya Chibo. I haven't been to the WC yet and I was so sad I couldn't make the last Genesis that I have to make this so then I can skip Genesis 3 :p

Also is the Parlor Suite the smash hotel where most of the smashers will be staying?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Yeah, the Parlor Suite is just the name of the room.
Lol should've been more clear about that, but yeah, we'll be with all the other Smashers.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I get ya Chibo. I haven't been to the WC yet and I was so sad I couldn't make the last Genesis that I have to make this so then I can skip Genesis 3 :p

Also is the Parlor Suite the smash hotel where most of the smashers will be staying?
Yea if you haven't been there, go

btw it's the best smash hotel of any tournament ever

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Me Apsol and Logic will need one extra person for are room

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Ayyyyye, word around town is there's only one Parlor Suite left.
Thinking about booking it soon.

Idk what do you guys think?
Guess we'll probably get the double queen. Still sounds ****, imo.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I'm in school right now, but try and get in contact with Keitaro and have him do it.
If not, I'll try once I get out of class like at 8.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
wait so there aren't any more rooms left?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
No there are rooms left, but last I heard they only have one Parlor Suite left.
I'm sure they have plenty of other rooms left.

I mean come on, we're Smashers....
It'd be surprising if we all took initiave this early on. Probably every one will book like a week before XD

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Sorry, I've been out cold since I got home.

You don't have to pay til we're at the hotel.
From what I see in the thread all they need is a name when you reserve and you have to mention the code, "Genesis 2"

Going back to bed.
2 hours of sleep last night ***** me hard :/

Vinnie

Smash Master
Umm... Will/pd/kirin are not sure if they are going yet, and I'm trying to find a hotel room that is staying from the 13th to the 19th. So I don't think I'll be staying in this room anymore since you guys are only staying in the hotel room for 3 days.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Why are you trying to cram 8 people into one room, like a bunch of little *** kids?

Maximize comfort. Go with 4, like you're technically supposed to, and the pay the $20 a night. Not exactly a bank breaker. Anything more than 6 people is pushing it.

Keitaro

I actually like more people being in a room. As long as I have a blanket and am not sleeping in the tub I'll be confortable.

@ Bleachigo: By plane. Atm I don't have money like that at all but I still plan on trying to work on saving up some once school is over. My attendance to this isn't guaranteed as of right now but I should know by mid June.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Yo, screw you Keitaro.
The tub and under a table are the best sleeping places ever!

Also, I'd rather have more people so I can pay less.
Cheap ******* :p

Daaammmmmmmn, iKon at Genesis!?
Sounds sorta kinda hype. Also, looks like we'll all be on ikon baby-sitting duty
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL <3

Top Bottom