• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nipple Spikes 1 - Results Thread

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
A big thank you to all the regions who came to this tournament. You all made the tournament very special and fun to run. More Nipple Spikes will be seen in the future!

Brawl Doubles (5 teams):
1: Alexander the Great - K.I.D.Goggles + Omega Tyrant ($40.00)
2: T bag of skillz - Mr. Tbag + No Skillz ($10.00)
3: Death Killers Syracuse - G + Navi
4: Official Manatee - Tangy + MD122
5: Bork + Liz

Bracket Image:

Brawl Singles (11 entrants):
1: Omega Tyrant ($66.00) :dedede: :snake: :wolf:
2: Goggles ($33.00) :sonic: :falco:
3: No Skillz ($11.00) :marth:
4: Calm :wario:
5: Mr. T bag
5: James G :lucario:
7: Md122 :peach:
7: Navi :lucas: :pit:
9: Agrovex
9: G :dk2:
9: Killer

Bracket Image:

Melee Doubles (10 teams):
1: WNY - JesiahTEG + Gravy ($60.00)
2: Destiny USA - TheManaLord + Beta ($30.00)
3: The Sass - GoodleShoes + Knut ($10.00)
4: Bad Characters - K.I.D.Goggles + Pyro
5: Daft Punks - Equal + Prod1gy
5: Chess + Kaeon
7: Father and Son - CZCZ + ????
7: BroBuffet + Master Kush
9: Team Andy Sucks - Rift + Killer
9: SBK

Bracket Image:

Melee Singles (30 entrants):
1: JesiahTEG ($180.00) :marthmelee:
2: Gravy ($90.00) :falconmelee:
3: Knut ($30.00) :samusmelee:
4: Beta :foxmelee:
5: TheManaLord :falcomelee:
5: Kaeon :foxmelee:
7: BrobaFett :marthmelee:
7: GoodleShoes :peachmelee:
9: Mask :falconmelee:
9: Pyro :roymelee:
9: Poonslayer :sheikmelee:
9: Sauce Boss :marthmelee:
13: Nato
13: Chess :peachmelee:
13: Citizen Snips :falconmelee:
13: Master Kush :sheikmelee:
17: CZCZ :ganondorfmelee:
17: Spice
17: Amp
17: Killer
17: SBK
17: R
17: Prodigy :marthmelee:
17: Dust
25: =EC=
25: Muffin
25: Kaos
25: Rez
25: Rift :sheikmelee:
25: Fluf :foxmelee:

Bracket Image:

PM Doubles (5 teams):
1: WNY - JesiahTEG + K.I.D.Goggles($36.00)
2: Destiny USA - TheManaLord + Gravy ($18.00)
3: Kaeon + Knut ($6.00)
4: Chair Burger
5: Couch Pizza
5: Eeba Jeeba

Bracket Image:

PM Singles (37 entrants):
1: CruzyCakes ($222.00) :mario2:
2: Jreed ($111.00) :wario::dedede:
3: JesiahTEG ($37.00) :marth:
4: Deff :bowser2:
5: TheManaLord :falco:
5: Mask :charizard:
7: Gravy :falcon:
7: Goggles :drmario:
9: Kaeon :fox:
9: Agrif
9: Spice
9: Cash
13: Omega Tyrant :ganondorf:
13: Calm :yoshi2: :dk2:
13: MD122
13: Lite
17: Dura Mater
17: Cabej
17: Chess
17: Sauce Boss
17: Zack G
17: Larfen
17: Amp
17: Wumbo
25: Liz
25: Dust
25: Tangy
25: Kaos
25: Mage
25: Phreeq
25: Keem
25: Rift
33: BrobaFett
33: Bork
33: Spiffykins
33: Tubs

Bracket Image:
NS1 - PM Singles bracket.png

Last edited:

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Shoutouts:
JesiahTEG - I only got to play friendlies once this whole tournament, and I wouldn't have wanted to play them with anyone else. Thank you for telling me so much about the game it's super awesome to have your insight.

Gravy - Man I wish we got to play! Your falcon is a straight beast and each time I see you you're getting better. You'll get Jesse next time. #falcon4lyfe

Beta - Your help and support was really awesome, I can't thank you enough for coming out to this. Also good stuff in bracket! Next time I want some friendlies!

TheManaLord - I'd like to thank you for the support as well. You gave me confidence to run PM Singles + Doubles and it turned out better than I had hoped for. That's thanks to you.

Goggles - No tournament is the same without you in attendance haha. Seriously though thanks for your support during the tournament you were a huge help.

GoodleShoes - You're improving hella quick. I hope we see eachother in bracket sometime. Good stuff man nice to see you as always.

Mask - Another beast, man you are seriously moving up just as quick as Goodles. Also a PM beast, good stuff and thanks for coming.

Pyro - Roy crew battle HYPE! Good stuff for sure and thanks for bringing hella setups. Seriously awesome.

Poonslayer - I'm glad you could make it! I was upset when I heard you couldn't. Good stuff in bracket can't wait to play some more.

Chess - Thanks for coming out with poonslayer and kickin' some butt. You guys are getting so good, don't leave me behind!

Long Island Crew - Thank you guys so much for coming all the way out to this. Seriously made the bracket so much more interested. Good stuff to all you guys it was nice to meet you.

Easton PA Crew - Daamn you guys are legit at PM, good stuff in bracket, I had no clue how good ya'll were so we screwed up the seeding pretty bad haha. Thanks for making such a long trip to come here. Nice meeting all of you and hope to see you next time.

Norwich Crew - I hope you guys enjoyed a taste of Smash bros tournament life, hope you guys enjoyed. Maybe now people will be more interested in improving? ;) Lol just messing around thank you guys all so much for helping me put this together and loading and deconstructing the tournament. Seriously impossible without your support. Love you <3

To do list:
- Upload Melee bracket so it can be read
- Edit through footage and upload to youtube.

Last edited:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. what happened to beta vs tyrant in pm.
2. who did deff play, cus i beat him 2nd round winners and then he placed like 2 spots above me. so he had to have bodybagged madd dudes in losers.
3. why was did the guy who beat me and put me in 7th end up getting second? who did he lose to that early in the bracket?
4 who won the crew battle

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
1. what happened to beta vs tyrant in pm.

Was wondering bout that as well! Hmmmm.....

2. who did deff play, cus i beat him 2nd round winners and then he placed like 2 spots above me. so he had to have bodybagged madd dudes in losers.
3. why was did the guy who beat me and put me in 7th end up getting second? who did he lose to that early in the bracket?

The seeding was horrible for PM because we didn't know anything about the East PA PMers. They weren't seeded like they should've been. 2nd placer Jreed ran into
1st placer CruzyCakes R3 Winners lawlll. My bad guys (also I blame Beta)

4 who won the crew battle

A quick recap of the crew battle:
- Pyro 4 stocked Sauce Boss (Roy vs Marth)
- Broba Fett (Falco) was brought down to 1 stock (Roy taking 7 stocks LOL)
- Mask (Falcon) took off Broba Fett's last stock with no stock loss and beat Master Kush (Sheik on FoD.. literally Falcons worst MU) with 1 stock remaining (Not so sure about this bullet but i think that's what went down)
- Kaeon (Fox) took Mask's last stock with no stock loss.
- Jesiah M2K'd Kaeon's Fox on FD and 4 stocked him.
- Jesiah vs. Knut (Samus) - super close match Knut ended up taking it with a 1 or 2 stock.
- Gravy mopped up Knut and Chess with the rest of his stocks.
- Upstate taking the crew battle with 10 stocks remaining (Gravy, Mana, Beta)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
There was pretty much no time to do it. The PM tourney was running all day on the few PM setups available, and right after I finished Brawl while PM was wrapping up, my carpool wanted to go home.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Most fun tournament I've been to in a while. It was kind of cool the response my Yoshi got. It was cool to finally beat James g too. I'll have real shootouts later.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone. I kind of wanted to make this a surprise appearance and proof that I'm still a force to be reckoned with in the upstate NY Brawl scene (even though I've been inactive for well over a year now), but I unfortunately brought with me a performance hardly worth mentioning. I was also a bit bummed out about the overall Brawl turnout and the fact that M2K didn't end up coming.

On a more positive note, I still had an awesome time and it was great seeing everybody again. My friend Chad (Agrovex) had an enjoyable experience as well and learned a lot given that this was his first tournament.

Shoutouts to No Skillz taking me out in winners (ugh, Marth lol) and Calm for beating me for the first time ever in tourney. You both played very well. Also, thanks to everybody who played friendlies with me throughout the tournament. They definitely helped a lot.

In regards to my future, I'm sure I'll pop up at other tournaments every so often, up until Smash 4 comes out, where I will have to make a decision of whether I am all for the game, or won't be playing it at all. All I can say is, we'll see what happens. My lifestyle has been a bit chaotic lately but I'll try not to disappear from the planet for another year straight. Later, everyone. :)

Last edited:

Sharky

Smash Master
wow this looked like a lot of fun, shame more people (myself included!) couldn't attend =( Sup james!

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Equal: Good stuff man. Best tourny we have had in a while. Excellently run, awesome venue, good player, it had everything. If you continue to host that would be a big benefit to the community.Make sure to also give some props to your dad from us as well.

Muffin: Good to see ya again, it was awesome you brought your little brother. (I did the same for dustbowl) Make sure we play some friendlys next time.

Dust: Hey man thanks again for offering to give me a ride home. Smash community makes me so happy when we have people like you who agree to stuff without even having met me. I really hope you didn't get your melee stolen, thats a fate I wouldn't wish on my greatest enemy.

James "Matchup Disparity" G: Dude, it was sick seeing ya again. Bummer about the rust. Your prolly gonna tear up smash4.

Prodigy: I saw you but we didnt get to play we gotta fix dat.

Tyrant: Yo good stuff in brawl man. It was cool seeing ya again. You needa get your butt up here more often. ps gonna destroy you in pm.

Goggles: Thanks for coming out and helping even on your anniversary.

Mask: Good stuff in pm and melee man, we gotta get more matchs next time. also wake your boy ringworm up so he doesnt oversleep next time.

Knut: Good stuff man, absolutely knutted on me. Though I learned alot of vs samus stuff from our matchs. Thanks for playing a million matches with me even though you were just dominating.

Brobafett: It was crazy seeing ya again man. Thanks again for coming up.

Mana: We got em next time man, just like in real life Destiny Usa isn't even completed yet.

Too many shoutouts gonna just end this here and say everybody is awesome and I want to play everyone .Might edit in more later!

Last edited:

iiProd1gy

Smash Rookie
Definitely gotta play next time Beta. I'm just gonna wrap everything into one big thanks to everyone who came out to Equal's and Norwich's first ever tournament and making it such a great success and experience to remember. Really looking forward to the time I get to see all of you guys and I definitely wanna get some one on one time with some of the guys that are way above my skill level (JesiahTEG... Martha's gotta stick together, Mana, Beta, etc.) and get some more tips. Again thanks to everyone who came out, especially those who came from way out! (PA, Long Island, etc.)

Mister_T_Bag

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterTBag
awesome tournament. really good turnout for melee and project m. a shame not many pple showed to play brawl. either way, great job Equal

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
aight huge thanks to all those people who traveled from the corners of NY to this little event. that is essentially ALL OF US. especially buffalo and long island the two farthest areas thanks a bunch to guys. hope to be seeing everyone i met for the first time soon. to my local NY competitors its all about driving ourselves to improvement, we all move up TOGETHER to reach a greater goal. good stuff to everyone for showing, putting in good work, and making the a positive and hopefully reoccurring event.

with that said if you are NOT on the syracuse smash facebook page, it's time to get on it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/639367622752544/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just in case you didnt hear me at the tournament, peach players are madd fraudulent.

also, i feel madd good about myself in pm. too bad the game is corny and i only win because i play a stupid op character that requires no effort lol. watching deff do cool stuff with a bowser thats acutually useable and viable was pretty entertaining.

whoever let pyro four stock them with roy need to put the controller down. i dont care how good he is now, its still roy.

lol @ that crew battle blowup.

im madd at all of you for ruining my anniversary. She was pissed when we left. but I made it up because im awesome.

in future tournaments i will really need to not try to run the tournament AND enter 4 different events.

sorry to all the people I wanted to play matches with that I couldnt.

G
JamesG
T-Bag (still dont think ive ever played you outside of maybe one tournament match and doubles.)
gravy
Mana
beta (because you always want to play matches with me for reasons i cant comprehend.)
everyone that entered brawl. because that game is amazing. and dont let anybody ever tell you otherwise.
equal
Kaeon
Cash
Brobafett.

shoutouts to poonslayer for the 20 bucks, whenever you want to put up for this rematch you can come see me (protip, chaingrab bad characters)
shoutouts to peach players for being auto wins for me.

shoutouts to pyro for getting bopped by team crouch cancel.
shoutouts to knut and goodle, aka team crouch cancel for making people play the longest doubles matches in ever.

shoutouts to the slicks, their my favorite and im tight they couldnt make the tournament.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Nearly missed this as I was feeling ill (which was why I was even more reclusive and nonsocial than usual), though some cold medicine I bought at the last minute suppressed my cough enough to enabled me going. Shame none of the rest of the Schenectady guys made it though, which really hurt the Brawl turnout. The tourney was fun nonetheless, and the venue was spacious and nice (except for the lack of water fountains, though I came prepared for that this time). I'm surprised I managed to beat a decent amount of people in Project M, after pretty much only fighting CPUs in it since 3.0 came out and still having not properly adapted to the no buffer (after losing in winners round 1, I thought I was going to possibly get my first ever last placing). Also feel a bit better about losing in winners round 1 after seeing Jreed beatup everyone else in PM (and then when looking at the Apex results, seeing he got 13th there :surprised:).

This was also the first time in tournament I got a kill with Jet Hammer! (was in doubles, but still). I also managed to pull this off in a last stock last hit situation in tournament, which I found pretty neat. Plus no losses to any Foxes in Brawl this time! (though **** PM Fox and his 0% shine gimps).

The main flaw I found with the tournament was running all three games at once, which really slowed things down (especially since a disproportionate amount of the setups were Melee setups). A 11 man Brawl tourney shouldn't have taken all day, and I had to wait like 2 hours between my first and second PM match (I actually thought my match might have already gotten called without me knowing and I gotten disqualified). Next time the games should be done at different times.

Also shoutouts to No Skillz for refusing to play our winners match on my Wii because he doesn't want people seeing him lose on youtube. You have to stop being so self-conscious about that man, everyone loses (and it's of you losing to a clearly better player anyway, so what the hell is there to be embarrassed about others seeing you lose here), and besides that, you can analyze videos of you losing to help yourself improve.

EDIT: If you're willing to add some more character usage to the results Equal, I went all Ganon in PM, and in Brawl, No Skillz went Marth, T-Bag went Wolf, JamesG went Lucario, I seen Calm using Wario, I seen Md122 using Peach, and Navi used Lucas/Pit against me.

Last edited:

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Nearly missed this as I was feeling ill (which was why I was even more reclusive and nonsocial than usual), though some cold medicine I bought at the last minute suppressed my cough enough to enabled me going. Shame none of the rest of the Schenectady guys made it though, which really hurt the Brawl turnout. The tourney was fun nonetheless, and the venue was spacious and nice (except for the lack of water fountains, though I came prepared for that this time). I'm surprised I managed to beat a decent amount of people in Project M, after pretty much only fighting CPUs in it since 3.0 came out and still having not properly adapted to the no buffer (after losing in winners round 1, I thought I was going to possibly get my first ever last placing). Also feel a bit better about losing in winners round 1 after seeing Jreed beatup everyone else in PM (and then when looking at the Apex results, seeing he got 13th there :surprised:).
Wow Jreed got 13th? That's actually pretty crazy I had no idea. Good stuff to Jreed then.

The main flaw I found with the tournament was running all three games at once, which really slowed things down (especially since a disproportionate amount of the setups were Melee setups). A 11 man Brawl tourney shouldn't have taken all day, and I had to wait like 2 hours between my first and second PM match (I actually thought my match might have already gotten called without me knowing and I gotten disqualified). Next time the games should be done at different times.

Yeah I can agree with you here trust me lol. I will say I'm proud of when it ended being my first tournament, but it has massive room for improvement and my next tournament will be run much better in that regard. I know what I did wrong with running the bracket. ( And I was also annoyed with all the melee setups, especially the melees that were in Wiis that wasn't the stream setup, cmon people lol.)

EDIT: If you're willing to add some more character usage to the results Equal, I went all Ganon in PM, and in Brawl, No Skillz went Marth, T-Bag went Wolf, JamesG went Lucario, I seen Calm using Wario, I seen Md122 using Peach, and Navi used Lucas/Pit against me.

Added. Thanks

Last edited:

gravy

Smash Ace
I got no shoutouts, hate you guys.

Except equal, love you bro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom