• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now I just need to upgrade the Close Def seal when IS decides to stop ****ing around and give us a better way to get coins goddamnit.
Considering Glacies instead because the damage boost of a Player Phase Glacies is stronger than an Enemy Phase one.
Hoping to get a Deirdre from the 8% banner for that Spd Ploy
I find it humorous that Nintendo released an animal crossing game about camping

in November. :4megaman:
I don't get it

Ivander

Smash Legend
Got a Sully, Cordelia, Laslow and Beruka from the Damage-Booster Banner. Sully will be nice for Draw Back, Cordelia will be nice for Triangle Adept, Laslow will be good for Axebreaker and I'm saving my Berukas for when Book II comes. Cause those Killer Axes and Glimmers will have their uses finally.

And I wish Book II would come out sooner. Mostly because I need the 100 extra spaces now.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I traded some games and gave a friend my Magearna before I traded Moon, and honestly, there's one thing I forgot about SM that amazes me. HOW THE HELL DID GAME FREAK **** THE PSS FROM XY THIS ****ING BADLY HOLY **** FESTIVAL PLAZA IS ****ING ****TY TRASH

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I came by to say happy thanksgiving to you all! :D It's been quite a while since i've looked at the forums. how's everybody today? I'm off for this week so I've just catching up on school,sleep,and playing Ultra Sun. Speaking of which:
Beat the game within 3 days after the release. I loved the post game and all the memories that entailed with fighting the villains. I didn't expect Necrozma to be so difficult either. Now i'm just trying to complete the Alola Dex. seeing as this may be the last 3DS game,i figured i'd try to complete it in a way.

That being said,if someone has an extra Stakataka they wanna trade,it'd really help me out. Blacephleon for trade if you do.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I came by to say happy thanksgiving to you all! :D It's been quite a while since i've looked at the forums. how's everybody today? I'm off for this week so I've just catching up on school,sleep,and playing Ultra Sun. Speaking of which:
Beat the game within 3 days after the release. I loved the post game and all the memories that entailed with fighting the villains. I didn't expect Necrozma to be so difficult either. Now i'm just trying to complete the Alola Dex. seeing as this may be the last 3DS game,i figured i'd try to complete it in a way.

That being said,if someone has an extra Stakataka they wanna trade,it'd really help me out. Blacephleon for trade if you do.
Eh he's not that difficult if you have a Golisopod

First Impression with super effective damage

Sure he'll one shot him with Power Gem but the damage was done. And if you can't get another shot in all you gotta do is revive Golisopod and First Impression him again

He's gonna be hard in Nuzlock's though. I kinda want to Nuzlocke USUM just because of that

D

Deleted member

Got a Sully, Cordelia, Laslow and Beruka from the Damage-Booster Banner. Sully will be nice for Draw Back, Cordelia will be nice for Triangle Adept, Laslow will be good for Axebreaker and I'm saving my Berukas for when Book II comes. Cause those Killer Axes and Glimmers will have their uses finally.

And I wish Book II would come out sooner. Mostly because I need the 100 extra spaces now.
I want Book II so I can get more Orbs for the Children of Fate banner because I'm pretty sure Forrest will be in there. Also, the Weapon Refinery, I'm really curious about it.

Thankfully, the 8% banner overlaps with the CoF one so if Forrest isn't there I'm burning them up in the 8% banner for Hectors and Deirdres
I traded some games and gave a friend my Magearna before I traded Moon, and honestly, there's one thing I forgot about SM that amazes me. HOW THE HELL DID GAME FREAK **** THE PSS FROM XY THIS ****ING BADLY HOLY **** FESTIVAL PLAZA IS ****ING ****TY TRASH
Because GF lives and dies by the "one step forward, two steps backwards" saying.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Eh he's not that difficult if you have a Golisopod

First Impression with super effective damage

Sure he'll one shot him with Power Gem but the damage was done. And if you can't get another shot in all you gotta do is revive Golisopod and First Impression him again

He's gonna be hard in Nuzlock's though. I kinda want to Nuzlocke USUM just because of that
Kinda wish i did have it when i fought it. i didn't white out on account of having a T-Tar tank Smart Strikes for me,but it still pretty tough.

I had a Salazzle with Toxic,but seeing as that got outsped,it didn't help much.
I'm looking forward for any nuzlocker getting to that point,just to see if they'll lose a chunk of their team.

D

Deleted member

Kinda wish i did have it when i fought it. i didn't white out on account of having a T-Tar tank Smart Strikes for me,but it still pretty tough.

I had a Salazzle with Toxic,but seeing as that got outsped,it didn't help much.
I'm looking forward for any nuzlocker getting to that point,just to see if they'll lose a chunk of their team.
Tbh, I wasn't even that interested in USUM before but all the reports on the brutality of certain bosses and
Ultra Necrozma being uncatchable in its first fight, which was the type of boss battle I've always wanted in a Pokemon game,
actually make me consider getting it if I ever have the money for it just to Nuzlocke it

I still have to finish my Moon Nuzlocke though. Should probably get around to doing that since I'm sort of in the mood for it.

Ghetsis: "My Hydreigon is considered the most dangerous Pokemon due to its unresisted coverage and high stats"
Whitney: "My Miltank holds the highest recorded body count"
Lance: "****ing get on my level guys"
Cynthia: "lol kay done"
Ultra Necrozma: "Hold my beer!"

Can't wait for the Nuzlocke fandom to start dreading it more than those four ever were combined

Chrono.

So this is a bit funny. I've been subbed to these guys for a while and the guy who did this mini review specifically is a huge Sonic fan, but hates most of the 3D games. But he actually liked Forces and even calls it his second favorite 3D Sonic game behind Colors. Meanwhile the comments completely blasted the game and those who liked it because that's just what Youtube does.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Time for another UltraSun update! Just beat the Kantonian gym in Malie City.

Voltron evolved into Magneton shortly before the Plumeria battle. After fighting Olivia, I brought it to Sun via Pokebank and had it evolve in Vast Poni Canyon there because I didn't want to wait on getting that Magenzone. Makoto evolved into Primarina right after the first battle with Hau on Ula Ula Island.

As for the fights and story progress:

1st Plumeria battle: The same as in Sun/Moon. She still uses a Golbat and Salandit against you. I had an easier time with this battle, but that's because I figured out the best strategy against her Golbat. Turns out Magneton really shuts it down. Only Confuse Ray and Bite really affect, but the latter won't do much damage to it. After Voltron got confused, I used Thunder Wave to ensure it would outspeed Golbat. From there, I managed to land some Thundershocks to knock it out. Salandit went down very easily to my Makoto with just a single Bubblebeam.

Grand Trial vs Olivia: Remember that really annoying Nosepass she had on her team? It's gone now, and so is her Boldore. Now, the two Pokemon are replaced by an Anorith and a Lileep respectively. Even without her Nosepass, she was still not easy to take out. I led with Siegfried against her Anorith, and while Siegfried delivered a strong Brick Break onto it, Anorith managed to 2-shot him thanks to a critical hit from a Bug Bite. Voltron came in to tank Anorith while I healed up Siegfried, and then it finished Anorith off with two Magnet Bombs. Her Lileep was next, and Siegfried took it out in two hits. It does know Ingrain and Mega Drain though, so be sure you hit it with some very strong hits or else it will take a while to take out. Last came her Midnight Lycanroc, and that Pokemon got lucky with flinch hax on Makoto thanks to Bite. It did use its Z-move once, but Makoto lived and managed to respond back with Hydro Vortex to finish it off.

Vs Hau on Ula Ula Island: Unlike Sun/Moon, he now has five Pokemon on his team at this point in the game, and for this battle, Tauros is a new addition to his team. Like the past rival battles, he leads with his starter, so be sure you start the battle with the starter you have. Noibat and the Eeveelution he uses depending on your starter were also not that hard to defeat. Now, remember that nightmarish Alola Raichu on his team that could sweep your entire team clean if you weren't careful? Yep, it's back! I tried to knock it out with Sirius, but Sirius went down very quickly. Luckily, Siegfried took care of Alola Raichu rather quickly with Night Slash (as well as good Special Defense to tank most of Alola Raichu's attacks). Tauros was arguably the most difficult member of his team to take out it. It deals some pretty strong damage with Horn Attack, which took out Siegfried rather quickly with it. When I brought back Sirius, I was shocked to learn that Tauros knew Pursuit as well. Yep, it even has coverage against Ghost-types, so trying to nullify Horn Attack with a Ghost-type might not be the best strategy for this battle. Voltron, now a Magenzone at that point, had to finish the Tauros by tanking it.

Story updates: There's a pretty major story change during your first visit to Aether Paradise. After beating Nihilego, the Ultra Recon Squad arrives and tells you and Hau about Ultra Beasts and Ultra Wormholes. Hau is visibly weirded out by the two, and even takes on a thinking-like pose with a serious face looking at them. Lusamine formally introduces the two as part of the Ultra Recon Squad, and she reveals that she has been working with the Ultra Recon Squad to fight Necrozma in order to protect the Alolan Pokemon, fitting for her "motherly" dynamic she has with them. Also, they completely removed the scene where Lusamine does that creepy smile that says "I'm totally not the main villain in this story, am I right?" while talking about how she needs to "love" and "save" Nihilego. By removing that creepy smile at that point in the game, USUM does a decent job making that whole scene much more subtle regarding her reveal later on.

Also, when you and Hau talk to Kukui in Malie Garden, Hau is the first person in the game to refer to the Ultra Recon Squad as "aliens from another world." I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the URS are technically the first extraterrestrial trainers in the series.

As for the Kantonian gym, like I mentioned, it is located in Malie City, fitting considering how the city is modeled after Japan. Despite being modeled after the Vermillion Gym, it does not utilize the trash can puzzle at all. The trash cans that are there are purely aesthetic. To fight the "Gym Leader," who is just an ordinary Black Belt, all you need to do is fight the four Beauty trainers first and that's it. Surprisingly, Ryuki didn't show up in the gym despite appearing in the trailers. I guess he's a post-game deal?

I am now on Route 10 and will be taking care of the Electric Trial later today.
Man our teams are nearly identical.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So this is a bit funny. I've been subbed to these guys for a while and the guy who did this mini review specifically is a huge Sonic fan, but hates most of the 3D games. But he actually liked Forces and even calls it his second favorite 3D Sonic game behind Colors. Meanwhile the comments completely blasted the game and those who liked it because that's just what Youtube does.

It's almost as if this is the most divisive Sonic game since Unleashed. :V

Caddicarus had some strange thoughts on the game.

Overall he's a bit negative on the game, but what stuck out to me was that he thought the boss fights were fantastic (he didn't even cop the fact Metal Sonic and Infinite 3 are clones of each other), and he hated most of the music in the game...except for the Classic Sonic stage music, which he thought was fantastic.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade 2 is next for sure.

Splatoon 2 however, eventually, if you promise me to buy Metroid Prime 4 in exchange.
I doubt Metroid Prime 4 will be out next year though. So I think there's no problem with you buying Splatoon 2 now. Hell I was planning of giving up buying Odyssey if it comes near Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launch, but as we know Odyssey come at later October so I got two of my favorite games for Switch already.

According to Famitsu the most wanted Nintendo Switch Game for now is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, neglect that weird Famitsu score, it seems that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has already started to draw a lot of Japanese players. And I am sure that the new anime artstyle definitely was one of the main factors. Whether you like it or not, Japanese gamers (like me) pays more attention on artstyle rather than gameplay, so I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with anime artstyle and with the core gameplay that a lot of western gamers like since the first Xenoblade Chronicles is a win-win in my opinion.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The ****8ng Totem Lurantis though!

I used a z move fire attack on it and it took nearly half its health, then it healed allllll of the damage.

It took me literally 20 minutes to beat it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that I've been playing without a good Special Attacker; I have a Zoroark with Snarl and Grass Knot, but that's it.

Thankfully I realized that yesterday it was Wednesday my dudes, and got a Horsea on Island Scan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Team update but it's just regular Moon except it's also a Nuzlocke
Currently on Ula Ula Island, on the way to the Ghost Trial

By order:
Reaper the Masquerain: one of the most recent catches, he's been doing fine but nothing spetacular though he hasn't had time to shine yet considering the last major battle. Intimidate, Scald and Stun Spore is just top good but most of the battles he's participated in haven't called for it. Reaper because he tries to pass himself as cool and edgy but is actually just really cute.

Scylla the Tentacruel: from the surf area in Melemele Island. People may complain all they want about Tentacools being way too common but no matter what game you're playing, they're incredibly useful in a Nuzlocke, especcially if you're either tired of using the generic Gyarados pick or don't want to level grind a Magikarp. Early Scald carries Water types in this game and now she just needs Sludge Bom-- *tries to learn Poison Jab* yeah, not with that Atk. She's been a valuable member of the team so far.

Joseph the Stoutland: Stoutland is my favorite Normal type tbh, so I was pretty happy when a Lillipup turned out to be my Route 4 encounter. Problem is, they actually suck without Intimidate, nothing is exceptional about them and he only had Take Down for a STAB until I got the Facade TM. Still, he's doing pretty good considering his role is not dying and Thunder Wave can come in handy sometimes.

Gilgamesh the Decidueye
: My starter, obviously, nothing surprising, he's doing what he should be doing, carrying this goddamn team on his back. He was using the Scope Lens up until now because lol Razor Leaf/Shadow Claw crits for days. He just evolved so I don't know how Spirit Shackle is but I doubt it'll be disappointing. If it wasn't for him I would most definitely have wiped out at Lurantis.

Static the Elekid: I literally just caught him and boxed my Graveler instantly. Never had the chance to use one of these even in a normal playthrough because even outside of Nuzlockes these ****ers are rare. Where can I get that mother****ing Electirizer tho?

Ochako the Pancham: I don't even ****ing know she's kind of just there because I don't have any Dark Pokemon alive(rip rattata) to evolve her. I really wanted Pangoro though so I hope I get something like a Sandile from the desert up ahead :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

It's almost as if this is the most divisive Sonic game since Unleashed. :V

Caddicarus had some strange thoughts on the game.

Overall he's a bit negative on the game, but what stuck out to me was that he thought the boss fights were fantastic (he didn't even cop the fact Metal Sonic and Infinite 3 are clones of each other), and he hated most of the music in the game...except for the Classic Sonic stage music, which he thought was fantastic.
I actually really liked the Classic Sonic music too... Green Hill was really the only stinker to me. Chemical Plant was nice, as was Death Egg. Ghost Town though, that ****'s catchy and easily my favorite of the Classic music.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually really liked the Classic Sonic music too... Green Hill was really the only stinker to me. Chemical Plant was nice, as was Death Egg. Ghost Town though, that ****'s catchy and easily my favorite of the Classic music.
I like pretty much all of the Classic Sonic music as well, but it's easily the weakest aspect of the soundtrack for me.

The compositions are really great, but I don't understand why they went the Sonic 4 route and tried to replicate Genesis soundfonts. People didn't like the music from the original Sonic games because of those soundfonts, they liked it because the compositions were fantastic. Masato Nakamura (the composer of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2) has gone on record saying that he was going for a cinematic feel with the soundtracks for those games, and that they were composed as if they were to be performed with real instruments or more advanced sounding synths.

Sonic Generations and Sonic Mania both didn't resort to the Genesis soundfonts either. Generations' Classic Sonic stages had the original tracks from the original games with techno synth backing it up to make it sound more lively in the case of Classic Era stages, and for the stages that came from the Modern Era, they generally composed a new techno (or straight up rave, in the case of Speed Highway) remix with more modern synths, with a few Genesis samples thrown in sparingly.

And Sonic Mania just went for a Sonic CD/NiGHTS style soundtrack.

I just never understand it when they bring back the Genesis soundfonts, there is basically no reason to at this point. It isn't even a mandatory thing for the games that use 2D sprite graphics, because Sonic CD and Sonic Mania exist.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think the music is all that was good about Classic sonic in SF

D

Deleted member

The Nuzlocke Gods decided to be merciful to me and make my Tapu Village encounter a Snowshrew. Pretty sure the Ice Stone is in Po Town so it won't take long to evolve.
Also caught a Pelliper in Route 15 who I named Olivia and if you can get why then you must have some form of photographic memory.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I put some thought into my master plan into defeating Winter (here) this year and I have a plan that'll shake the old world to it's core.

First, I'll set up multiple sprinklers in my yard in carefully measured distances between each other. Then, instead of water, I will hook them all up to a salt bin. When a storm brews through, I will activate said sprinklers to unleash my saltiest rage upon the white **** that Mother Nature keeps dumping here, every year. The salt will burn through the ice and snow, meaning I won't have to shovel any of it. I will then hire highly trained deer to lick up all the salt and puke it back into the salt bin- I'm on a budget. To defeat the cold, I will do what I have always done- I will grab a bunch of blankets and cocoon myself until I hatch in the spring, becoming a warm, beautiful butterfly. Its all perfect and nothing will go wrong!

BUT. If my plan doesn't work, then I will resort to dance. I looked up YouTube for sun dances, and I am convinced that this one might work.

This year, we will smother the snow flakes in their cribs and none will be spared.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I put some thought into my master plan into defeating Winter (here) this year and I have a plan that'll shake the old world to it's core.

First, I'll set up multiple sprinklers in my yard in carefully measured distances between each other. Then, instead of water, I will hook them all up to a salt bin. When a storm brews through, I will activate said sprinklers to unleash my saltiest rage upon the white **** that Mother Nature keeps dumping here, every year. The salt will burn through the ice and snow, meaning I won't have to shovel any of it. I will then hire highly trained deer to lick up all the salt and puke it back into the salt bin- I'm on a budget. To defeat the cold, I will do what I have always done- I will grab a bunch of blankets and cocoon myself until I hatch in the spring, becoming a warm, beautiful butterfly. Its all perfect and nothing will go wrong!

BUT. If my plan doesn't work, then I will resort to dance. I looked up YouTube for sun dances, and I am convinced that this one might work.

This year, we will smother the snow flakes in their cribs and none will be spared.
:228:I hope your cacoon breaks in the middle of winter

If i have to suffer, so do you :229:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Be me
>I wanted a Martin Truex Jr. diecast
>Le bad economy happens
>Barely managed to afford Ultra Moon
>It is fine, I'll wait until X-Mas
>Truex wins the Championship
>All of his diecast doubled in price and are hard to find.
>Sound_of_Silence.wma

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thanksgiving gave me way too much time to think of memes while in the car.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Its pretty tough bits of cloth mate, you better have a pair of scissors.
Ok

*Cue laugh track*
I'm so sorry for this I feel like I bought my one-way ticket to hell with this terrible joke

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Pearl’svoice actor is cuter.
Agreed, and people will destroy me when I say this but I think Pearl is cute too. Ignore those early ugly fanarts, there were later more fanarts of Pearl that are way cuter.
That said please understand that I think Pearl and Marina are awesome as a duo, there's no who's better in my opinion.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok

*Cue laugh track*
I'm so sorry for this I feel like I bought my one-way ticket to hell with this terrible joke
That was a special kind of terrible joke. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Agreed, and people will destroy me when I say this but I think Pearl is cute too. Ignore those early ugly fanarts, there were later more fanarts of Pearl that are way cuter.
That said please understand that I think Pearl and Marina are awesome as a duo, there's no who's better in my opinion.
I really like Pearl's design too (it took a bit the reach that though)

But I still go for Marina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom