• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Second to the left Obobo. The side bangs looking thing.
Ooh oh. The red eyed blue ones hair? That onr is pretty cool looking too
WE GOT SAMPLES

https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/167782541742/dont-miss-ink-theorys-hit-singles-broken-coral

These new bands feel like much better of variety than the old ones, TBH. Squid Squad, Chirpy Chips and Hightide Era blurred together a bit, but while Wet Floor feels very similar to those three you'd have a hard time confusing Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory for any of them or each other.

Celtic Rock and NPR Jazz, who could have even called that?? And it's all so good, too!
I still really miss Hightide era and I hope they come back but these new bands are pretty good

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I named my Poipole "Miasma"

I thought up that name as I was throwing around ideas.

I came up with the concept of Plague doctor, since it's poison and also a hypodermic needle.

And plague doctors wore raven shaped masks to protect them from Miasma

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Official Keyblade prop
>Projects keyholes of light onto surfaces so you can pose like you're sealing a keyhole

AAAAAAAAH I NEED TO SAVE FOR THIS

Also who likes Danganronpa here?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>Official Keyblade prop
>Projects keyholes of light onto surfaces so you can pose like you're sealing a keyhole

AAAAAAAAH I NEED TO SAVE FOR THIS

Also who likes Danganronpa here?

1) The Kyeblad is so nerdy, I love it

2) That DR mod is so weeby I love it. Thats the best mod ever

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just found out Terry Bogard and Infinite share the same VA in Japan.

I don't know why I find this hilarious.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
One question but how is Delthea as a character in FE Echoes? She's the only person I don't know about in my team of B!Ike, P!Azura and BK. She a likable character?

I would've know but I dropped FE Echoes after around Act 3. At that point I stopped trying to play my 3DS since I just don't actually go on it oitside of Awakening and Fates.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One question but how is Delthea as a character in FE Echoes? She's the only person I don't know about in my team of B!Ike, P!Azura and BK. She a likable character?

I would've know but I dropped FE Echoes after around Act 3. At that point I stopped trying to play my 3DS since I just don't actually go on it oitside of Awakening and Fates.
She's pretty likable.

She's a thirteen year old girl and Luthier's little sister. Basically their family descends from an incredibly gifted mage, but the gifts are stronger in female heirs. As such, Luthier is less in touch with the gifts but hones his skills, thinking that he'd be wasteful to not appreciate them. Delthea, meanwhile, is naturally incredibly powerful with magic with little to no effort, but yearns for a more normal life. She recognizes her gifts, but doesn't want to be defined by magical skill. So naturally there's a bit of friction between the two, with Luthier criticizing Delthea for wasting her potential, and Delthea saying that her brother and everyone else is trying to decide her life for her, saying it's not her fault that people "try twice as hard and end up half as good."

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally got all the skulls in the F/GO Nobunaga event. I also managed to get a third Nobunaga to upgrade her Noble Phantasm a second time. She's also set to be my first servant that will achieve Max Ascension.

I also tried to pull for Scathach earlier, but I got a 4-star Caster Lily. She's my first 4-star in a long while, as well as my first 4-star Caster besides Halloween Elisabeth, so I'll work on training her up.

I also finished the Scathach side missions just now. Let me just say this woman...

is an awesome character!

The only thing I really knew about Scathach prior to this event is that she was Cu Chulainn's teacher in the past and that's it (as well as looking quite pretty).

Now, after finishing her side quest, I see why she's a popular servant. She's an awesome character all around with a great-warrior like personality, very dignified in her mannerisms, and even quite receptive about others. She has some A+ dialogue, my favorite when she smacked Fergus's flirting twice. I was also surprised to learn she trained a whole bunch of other famous heroes from Celtic mythology, not just Cu Chulainn, and she was also a queen too.

Really wish Fate/Grand Order gives her more screentime in the story, because she's that great of a character. I didn't think I would grow to like her this quickly. She might be on my way to becoming one of my favorite servants.

Now to grind for a few more Saint Quartz so I can go for another summoning, hopefully to summon her.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Finally got all the skulls in the F/GO Nobunaga event. I also managed to get a third Nobunaga to upgrade her Noble Phantasm a second time. She's also set to be my first servant that will achieve Max Ascension.

I also tried to pull for Scathach earlier, but I got a 4-star Caster Lily. She's my first 4-star in a long while, as well as my first 4-star Caster besides Halloween Elisabeth, so I'll work on training her up.

I also finished the Scathach side missions just now. Let me just say this woman...

is an awesome character!

The only thing I really knew about Scathach prior to this event is that she was Cu Chulainn's teacher in the past and that's it (as well as looking quite pretty).

Now, after finishing her side quest, I see why she's a popular servant. She's an awesome character all around with a great-warrior like personality, very dignified in her mannerisms, and even quite receptive about others. She has some A+ dialogue, my favorite when she smacked Fergus's flirting twice. I was also surprised to learn she trained a whole bunch of other famous heroes from Celtic mythology, not just Cu Chulainn, and she was also a queen too.

Really wish Fate/Grand Order gives her more screentime in the story, because she's that great of a character. I didn't think I would grow to like her this quickly. She might be on my way to becoming one of my favorite servants.

Now to grind for a few more Saint Quartz so I can go for another summoning, hopefully to summon her.
I managed to get NP5 Nobunaga and all of the Skulls on both my accounts, as well as the 1,500,000 Crystal Lore. Most of it has to do with me trying to get Ascension Materials from the shop, so it was me farming alot that gave me alot of points in the end. Also by doing the Golden Quests everyday with all point booster characters and a bunch of Gudao that I got from drops.

IIRC, Scathach gets more screentime in E Pluribus Unum(or just simply America), which happens after London(so early next year). What also makes that one also cool is that besides a whole bunch of Irish heroes also appearing, like Fergus, Li Shuwen(AKA Extra Assassin) is also in that one, although instead of Assassin, he is a Lancer.

Also decided to try my luck. And surprisingly enough, even though I didn't get Scathach, I was actually rather lucky.
Besides Atalante and Medea Lily, I got not One, but Two of the most anticipated Craft Essence, specifically Fragment of 2030. It is considered one of the most powerful CE. Basically, it gives 8 Crit Stars every turn. However, it also stacks with multiple copies of itself in battle, meaning with Three copies on each of the 3 Servants, you get 24 Crit Stars each turn. Combine it with Hans Anderson, who has Innocent Monster and you can get more than 30 Crit Stars a turn.
Admittingly, I do not have both on the same account. I got one Fragment of 2030 on one account and the other Fragment of 2030 on the other. But both do have Max Ascended Hans Anderson, so I can still get about 24 Stars each turn whenever Innocent Monster is up. Combine it with a Rider or Archer and NP Spam easily becomes a thing(especially for Robin Hood, who greatly benefits from Crits).
I also got another Vlad III, but this time on the account that has Kintoki compared to the other that has Altera, Vlad III and Tamamo. So thanks to having Vlad on both, I can run an efficient Arts Team on both my accounts. And besides Vlad III, I also got a Victor of the Moon(Male Hakuno CE that powers up Buster and Crit) from the same pull.

So while I didn't get Scathach from them(who knows, might have luck with a Summon Ticket again like I did with the first Vlad III and Tamamo), these pulls I did were very nice though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, this is turning out to be a ...wonderful Thanksgiving.

My sister went to the emergency room even though my mom said nothing was wrong with her but anxiety and it turned out it was nothing. Her husband isn't thrilled about the bill from that when even he said it was nothing.

Just a big mess of people fighting and we haven't even had it yet. I go over tomorrow

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Why does this keep happening to me?
20171123_005754.jpg

This happened from 90,000 to 100,000, 100,000 to 110,000, and now 110,000 to 120, 000.. This is getting ridiculous.. :crazy:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you get more BP for doing better in surfing? Because I got like 10 points and I've gotten 10,000 points and I got the same BP from both
Maybe I have to get over 100,000 to get more BP. Otherwise breaking a high score doesn't seem worth the effort

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Do you get more BP for doing better in surfing? Because I got like 10 points and I've gotten 10,000 points and I got the same BP from both
Maybe I have to get over 100,000 to get more BP. Otherwise breaking a high score doesn't seem worth the effort
For that run.. I got 28 bp. that's the highest I've ever gotten from one run..
you do get a reward for beating high scores though.. It's just rather difficult to get..
That reward being both Surfing and flying Pikachu..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For that run.. I got 28 bp. that's the highest I've ever gotten from one run..
you do get a reward for beating high scores though.. It's just rather difficult to get..
That reward being both Surfing and flying Pikachu..
So, that means

Alolan Raichu with Surf is legal now? Awesome

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
welp todays Ultra moon update is intresting
first things first, beat rainbow rocket looking forward to them being a reocurring thing given that cliffhanger

second thing im now 1 pokemon off from having a living dex(need a second poipole)

third thing accidentaly got a competitive nihilego from ultra space while trying to get shines

final thing got a shiny heliolisk and floatzel
(and real talk the helioptile line is some of my favorite gen 6 pokemon so im 100000% happy)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I broke 75k points and they gave just 11 BP.
From 20k to 70k is only 10 BP lmao

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This will be an interesting Thanksgiving.

We have far less food than last year, my grandfather would actually come over, the dog is no longer with us (RIP), I have no classes (duh), Aussie's family won't be with us but instead on the other side of the world celebrating something close since Thanksgiving as a concept is nonexistent in Australia (correct me if I'm wrong @Radical Beam and PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 ), and we have less pies than Ash has victories in a Pokemon League.

I'll be savoring this when all necessary dishes are cooked. The food is the second best part of the holiday.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So, that means

Alolan Raichu with Surf is legal now? Awesome
Eeyup
although you can't have one with both Fly and surf since you get a surf Pikachu for beating the Boss' records for each island then a Fly Pikachu for beating the person's record that gives you the Pikachu.. Though I've never seen exactly what those records are so i have no idea which area i broke the record on and which i haven't..
I broke 75k points and they gave just 11 BP.
From 20k to 70k is only 10 BP lmao
What island was it? have you beaten any other island records? And which Islands haven't you gotten to yet? (just checking since a lot of players seem to only be getting 10 bp per run.. Which I have gotten but haven't in a while..)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eeyup
although you can't have one with both Fly and surf since you get a surf Pikachu for beating the Boss' records for each island then a Fly Pikachu for beating the person's record that gives you the Pikachu.. Though I've never seen exactly what those records are so i have no idea which area i broke the record on and which i haven't..

What island was it? have you beaten any other island records? And which Islands haven't you gotten to yet? (just checking since a lot of players seem to only be getting 10 bp per run.. Which I have gotten but haven't in a while..)
The move fly sucks anyway

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
From Ula'Ula to Akala, did 78k after getting the Starmie 720.
Im number one on every island except Poni, because I haven't reached said island yet.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Whenever my 3DS recharge, I could take my Dusknoir a spin.

Yeah, I'm a pleb that's too poor to afford another Pokemon game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason 90% of my favorite pokemon, it seems, are weak against ground

I had an extremely hard time against the Poni Island Kahuna. Blastoise was too high level to obey me and everyone else was weak against ground

Until I remembered that Decidueye was super effective against ground. LOL

Blastoise just has too many good moves I was just using him all game.

Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Aura Sphere, Water Pulse.

Strong against Psychic, Ghost, Flying, Rock, Ground, Steel, Grass, Dragon, Ice, Fire, Dark and Normal

Neutral against Water, Poison, Electric, Fighting, Bug and Fairy

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
From Ula'Ula to Akala, did 78k after getting the Starmie 720.
Im number one on every island except Poni, because I haven't reached said island yet.
That might be why.. After I got to Poni over gotten higher than 10 bp.. Also beat my score again to a perfect number lol that being 123,456. also got Poni to around 110,000 :lol:
Actually.. Looking back now I think the Flying Pikachu is just a rumor based on him having it.. My scores are already considerably high enough that I don't see how anyone would be able to get it.. I have 60,000+ on Melemelee, 90,000+ on Akala and 100,000 on both UKa"ula and Poni..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can I turn off Rotom or something

Recently he's decided to "Give you advice you didn't ask for" and he's saying stupid things. Over and over without stop

I need the map

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Roto Prize Money automatically activated when I entered a route, so I decided to stack it with Happy Hour and Amulet Coin.
Some trainers later and I already got 200k.

Time to make it rain.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This will be an interesting Thanksgiving.

We have far less food than last year, my grandfather would actually come over, the dog is no longer with us (RIP), I have no classes (duh), Aussie's family won't be with us but instead on the other side of the world celebrating something close since Thanksgiving as a concept is nonexistent in Australia (correct me if I'm wrong @Radical Beam and PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 ), and we have less pies than Ash has victories in a Pokemon League.

I'll be savoring this when all necessary dishes are cooked. The food is the second best part of the holiday.
I've been to an external territory of Australia (Norfolk Island) which celebrates Thanksgiving due to early American influence but that hardly counts. So you're right, Thanksgiving doesn't exist in Australia.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
People send good stuff on Wonder Trade during Thanksgiving, right?

I would like to get a new UB instead of a bloody Shiny Aipom that links to a hardcore furry site :V

D

Deleted member

Wait, Arden has Drive Def 2 as a 4*? Oh, oh boy, sorry Arden, no merges for you, Nino needs it more than you.
I love the Drive skills and what I love even more is stacking them with Spurs if possible. My Axura is carrying both Spur Res 3 as a Seal and Drive Res 2 for her C-slot so anyine standing next to her gets +7 Res. I really hope they release Drive Seals in the future because being able to buff a stat to +6 from 2 spaces away would be great.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well I meant Winter here. Not everywhere. So...
I still haven't played the game yet, but YOU as cuphead are collecting his soul for the bidding of the devil

Is he really that evil?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Time for another UltraSun update! Just beat the Kantonian gym in Malie City.

Voltron evolved into Magneton shortly before the Plumeria battle. After fighting Olivia, I brought it to Sun via Pokebank and had it evolve in Vast Poni Canyon there because I didn't want to wait on getting that Magenzone. Makoto evolved into Primarina right after the first battle with Hau on Ula Ula Island.

As for the fights and story progress:

1st Plumeria battle: The same as in Sun/Moon. She still uses a Golbat and Salandit against you. I had an easier time with this battle, but that's because I figured out the best strategy against her Golbat. Turns out Magneton really shuts it down. Only Confuse Ray and Bite really affect, but the latter won't do much damage to it. After Voltron got confused, I used Thunder Wave to ensure it would outspeed Golbat. From there, I managed to land some Thundershocks to knock it out. Salandit went down very easily to my Makoto with just a single Bubblebeam.

Grand Trial vs Olivia: Remember that really annoying Nosepass she had on her team? It's gone now, and so is her Boldore. Now, the two Pokemon are replaced by an Anorith and a Lileep respectively. Even without her Nosepass, she was still not easy to take out. I led with Siegfried against her Anorith, and while Siegfried delivered a strong Brick Break onto it, Anorith managed to 2-shot him thanks to a critical hit from a Bug Bite. Voltron came in to tank Anorith while I healed up Siegfried, and then it finished Anorith off with two Magnet Bombs. Her Lileep was next, and Siegfried took it out in two hits. It does know Ingrain and Mega Drain though, so be sure you hit it with some very strong hits or else it will take a while to take out. Last came her Midnight Lycanroc, and that Pokemon got lucky with flinch hax on Makoto thanks to Bite. It did use its Z-move once, but Makoto lived and managed to respond back with Hydro Vortex to finish it off.

Vs Hau on Ula Ula Island: Unlike Sun/Moon, he now has five Pokemon on his team at this point in the game, and for this battle, Tauros is a new addition to his team. Like the past rival battles, he leads with his starter, so be sure you start the battle with the starter you have. Noibat and the Eeveelution he uses depending on your starter were also not that hard to defeat. Now, remember that nightmarish Alola Raichu on his team that could sweep your entire team clean if you weren't careful? Yep, it's back! I tried to knock it out with Sirius, but Sirius went down very quickly. Luckily, Siegfried took care of Alola Raichu rather quickly with Night Slash (as well as good Special Defense to tank most of Alola Raichu's attacks). Tauros was arguably the most difficult member of his team to take out it. It deals some pretty strong damage with Horn Attack, which took out Siegfried rather quickly with it. When I brought back Sirius, I was shocked to learn that Tauros knew Pursuit as well. Yep, it even has coverage against Ghost-types, so trying to nullify Horn Attack with a Ghost-type might not be the best strategy for this battle. Voltron, now a Magenzone at that point, had to finish the Tauros by tanking it.

Story updates: There's a pretty major story change during your first visit to Aether Paradise. After beating Nihilego, the Ultra Recon Squad arrives and tells you and Hau about Ultra Beasts and Ultra Wormholes. Hau is visibly weirded out by the two, and even takes on a thinking-like pose with a serious face looking at them. Lusamine formally introduces the two as part of the Ultra Recon Squad, and she reveals that she has been working with the Ultra Recon Squad to fight Necrozma in order to protect the Alolan Pokemon, fitting for her "motherly" dynamic she has with them. Also, they completely removed the scene where Lusamine does that creepy smile that says "I'm totally not the main villain in this story, am I right?" while talking about how she needs to "love" and "save" Nihilego. By removing that creepy smile at that point in the game, USUM does a decent job making that whole scene much more subtle regarding her reveal later on.

Also, when you and Hau talk to Kukui in Malie Garden, Hau is the first person in the game to refer to the Ultra Recon Squad as "aliens from another world." I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the URS are technically the first extraterrestrial trainers in the series.

As for the Kantonian gym, like I mentioned, it is located in Malie City, fitting considering how the city is modeled after Japan. Despite being modeled after the Vermillion Gym, it does not utilize the trash can puzzle at all. The trash cans that are there are purely aesthetic. To fight the "Gym Leader," who is just an ordinary Black Belt, all you need to do is fight the four Beauty trainers first and that's it. Surprisingly, Ryuki didn't show up in the gym despite appearing in the trailers. I guess he's a post-game deal?

I am now on Route 10 and will be taking care of the Electric Trial later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom