• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Which design of Bayonetta do you think is better? Personally, I vastly prefer her original look. Way cooler.

Also, I was looking for some of my old avatars in my Imgur gallery and I found...this...

I...I made this. This was made by me.
Petition to make that PushDustIn's new avatar :troll:

Team update if you still care
Apparently, we got a new female user yesterday, which means no genderbent versions of the guys here(yet)
20150809_092254.jpg

Not a fan of the Hippowdon line, but it might be useful, let's see what we have in the next area and...
20150809_093222.jpg

Now this, is much better, I've never used anyone from the Rhyhorn line but I love Rhyperior, let's just hope it survives enough time to evolve

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
if you had to choose 15 3rd party characters in your own smash game who would they be?
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tails the Fox
Knuckles the Echidna
Amy Rose
Eggman
Shadow the Hedgehog
Cream the Rabbit
Vector the Crocodile
Espio the Chameleon
Charmy Bee
Big the Cat
Rouge the Bat
Silver the Hedgehog
Blaze the Cat
And Metal Sonic as a clone of Sonic just so we don't overdo it...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tails the Fox
Knuckles the Echidna
Amy Rose
Eggman
Shadow the Hedgehog
Cream the Rabbit
Vector the Crocodile
Espio the Chameleon
Charmy Bee
Big the Cat
Rouge the Bat
Silver the Hedgehog
Blaze the Cat
And Metal Sonic as a clone of Sonic just so we don't overdo it...
I approve of Blaze and Metal Sonic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
if you had to choose 15 3rd party characters in your own smash game who would they be?

Does that include the ones already in Smash like Sonic? If so

1. Sonic
  2. Tails
  3. Mega Man
  4. Zero
  5. Pac-Man
  6. Ms. Pac-Man
  7. Ryu
  8. Chun-li
  9. Solid Snake
  10. Raiden
  11. Black Mage
  12. Rayman
  13. Simon Belmont
  14. Professor Layton
  15. Shantae

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's too bad that alts with unique animations doesn't work with how Smash is designed because...
I'd KILL for Metal Sonic as an alt for Sonic. Like Meta Knight, he's a character that has no right to be as cool as he is.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Mine would be:

1. Sonic
2. Pac-man
3. Bomberman
4. Megaman
5. Geno (not sure yet if he is 100% a 3rd party)
6. Black Mage (comes at the same time as Geno)
7. Rayman
8. Alex Kidd
9. Simon Belmont
10. Snake
11. Banjo-kazooie
12. Crash Bandicoot
13. Ryu
14. Dig dug
15. Slime/Erdrick

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
15 third parties.

1. :4pacman:
2. Nightmare
3. :4sonic:
4. Dr Eggman
5. Jack Frost
6. :4megaman:
7. :4ryu:
8. M Bison
9. Phoenix Wright
10. Professor Layton
11. :snake:
12. Simon Belmont
13. Bomberman
14. Black Mage
15. Rayman

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Petition to make that PushDustIn's new avatar :troll:

Team update if you still care
Apparently, we got a new female user yesterday, which means no genderbent versions of the guys here(yet)
View attachment 67244
Not a fan of the Hippowdon line, but it might be useful, let's see what we have in the next area and...
View attachment 67245
Now this, is much better, I've never used anyone from the Rhyhorn line but I love Rhyperior, let's just hope it survives enough time to evolve
Been very tempted to me the bloated Wario my new avatar:

(This is from the upcoming Wario article, BTW. I'm 14 pages deep now and it's basically 70% quotes/translation comparisons and lots of gifs, like this one. I need to compare the different Palutena's Guidances, finish up the moveset explanation and write the history of Wario as a character. Smash 64, Melee and Brawl ,interviews about Wario in Smash, and a comparison of Wario in Japan vs the US are finished.☆ If there are any Europeans in this thread, can you send me the Wario-Man text? [Unlocked by beating All-Star with Wario on the Wii U] I have the American and Japanese versions.)

D

Deleted member

3rd parties?
In order of how well they would fit and if their company deserves a rep
Also, ignoring all vets
  1. Rayman
  2. Banjo and Kazooie
  3. Bomberman
  4. FF character(my pick would be Black Mage)
  5. Tails or Eggman
  6. Professor Layton
  7. Phoenix Wright
  8. Atlus character(personal bias don't allow me to name one)
  9. Maxwell(Scribblenauts)
  10. Nightmare

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
15 3rd Party characters?

1. Sonic
2. Pac Man
3. Ryu
4. Mega Man
5. Banjo-Kazooie
6. Rayman
7. Snake
8. Spyro
9. Tails
10. Leon Kennedy
11. Bomberman

Those are about all that I would feasibly see as fitting the strict criteria in place for picking 3rd Party characters. If I HAD to pick another 4, then I guess I'd pick:

12. Eggman
13. Heihachi
14. Crash Bandicoot
15. Conker

Burb

The Absolute Worst
15?

Why 15? That's an awful lot......too much, in my opinion. While third parties are welcome in Smash, the game's supposed to be centered around Nintendo's characters. Overloading the roster with third parties would take away from that feel and turn Smash into something it's not supposed to be.

*sigh*

You must think I'm some troll on the Internet that's always begging for the attention of others, don't you.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep. Y'all can pester me in the morning if you hate my guts.
You're blowing this out of proportion.

Stop with all the "EVERYBODY HATES MEEEEEE" nonsense. It's got nothing to do with you as a person, it has to do with the junk you were spamming up the thread with.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
15?

Why 15? That's an awful lot......too much, in my opinion. While third parties are welcome in Smash, the game's supposed to be centered around Nintendo's characters. Overloading the roster with third parties would take away from that feel and turn Smash into something it's not supposed to be.
k.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Lot of good third party choices. :awesome:
Which game would Leon take after @ TheAnvil TheAnvil ?
I wouldn't mind if they did a Wario with him, giving him 4 based on RE4 and 4 based on RE2. Predominantly I'd want RE4 Leon though. Because RE4 is one of the greatest games of all time.
15?

Stop with all the "EVERYBODY HATES MEEEEEE" nonsense. It's got nothing to do with you as a person, it has to do with the junk you were spamming up the thread with.
I agree, I struggled after 11.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Gosh darn, those abs.

He's wooden. That shouldn't happen.
Forget the abs, look at that arm.

One's super long compared to his torso and the other seems to have a massive vein in it.

It's like a cross between body builder and Lanky Kong.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
15?

Hence why he said "If you had to choose" rather than "if you could have." It's all just 'what if' here. Because I do 100% agree with you.

But anyway...
Sonic
Tails
Megaman
Starforce Megaman
Pac Man
Snake
Ryu
Simon
Rayman
Bayonetta
Amaterasu
Phoenix Wright (I like a lot of Capcom crap.)
Shantae
Neku (TWEWY)
Banjo and Kazooie

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hence why he said "If you had to chose" rather than "if you could have." It's all just 'what if' here. Because I do 100% agree with you.
I know it's a hypothetical thing, but even hypothetically, if I "had to", I still probably wouldn't because it's too much.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I know it's a hypothetical thing, but even hypothetically, if I "had to", I still probably wouldn't because it's too much.
Part of the challenge, I suppose. *shrug*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I agree, I struggled after 11.
I struggled after the first four. Which is why mine were in a random order after them.
I wouldn't mind if they did a Wario with him, giving him 4 based on RE4 and 4 based on RE2. Predominantly I'd want RE4 Leon though. Because RE4 is one of the greatest games of all time.
It is a pretty good game.
Personally, I think it'd be cooler if Leon pulled from RE2, RE4, and RE6 (he was the best thing about that game)
- The dual pistols, slide/cover shooting and melee attacks from RE6
- The design from RE4
- Arsenal mixed from RE2 and RE4

It'd be perfect.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
15?

I'm thinking more of who is your top 15 most wanted and even then I can't name 15 of them.

I'll just give you 7 and go on.
:snake::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::4sonic:, Simon Belmont and Jack Frost.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::snake::sonic:

There, there's my fifteen third party characters.

Ignore the fact that it's only 6 and two of them are Sonic.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I struggled after the first four. Which is why mine were in a random order after them.

It is a pretty good game.
Personally, I think it'd be cooler if Leon pulled from RE2, RE4, and RE6 (he was the best thing about that game)
- The dual pistols, slide/cover shooting and melee attacks from RE6
- The design from RE4
- Arsenal mixed from RE2 and RE4

It'd be perfect.
I hated Leon in RE6. They completely changed his personality. I thought the Chris storyline was the best thing about it, even if the ending was a complete rip off of Armageddon lol.

Leon is basically the best choice for a RE rep for Smash because he has the most significant ties to Nintendo out of the main 3 protagonists. Aside from remakes, RE2 and RE4 were released on Nintendo consoles, whereas 1,3,CV,5,6 weren't.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Been very tempted to me the bloated Wario my new avatar:

(This is from the upcoming Wario article, BTW. I'm 14 pages deep now and it's basically 70% quotes/translation comparisons and lots of gifs, like this one. I need to compare the different Palutena's Guidances, finish up the moveset explanation and write the history of Wario as a character. Smash 64, Melee and Brawl ,interviews about Wario in Smash, and a comparison of Wario in Japan vs the US are finished.☆ If there are any Europeans in this thread, can you send me the Wario-Man text? [Unlocked by beating All-Star with Wario on the Wii U] I have the American and Japanese versions.)
Well, I'm not from Europe, but I found the European trophy text from the Smash Wiki "Just a little nibble of garlic, and the humble Everyman Wario transforms into the hero of justice, Wario-Man! He's...still not really all that strong, but he does get quite a bit faster, and he can launch foes further too. And of course, like any good hero, he has the ability to fly...by spamming attacks in mid-air. That's how they all do it...right?"

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm not asking this in a negative way or anything, but isn't smt about as big as tales in sales and popularity? it at least has a clear-cut mascot, but

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, I'm not from Europe, but I found the European trophy text from the Smash Wiki "Just a little nibble of garlic, and the humble Everyman Wario transforms into the hero of justice, Wario-Man! He's...still not really all that strong, but he does get quite a bit faster, and he can launch foes further too. And of course, like any good hero, he has the ability to fly...by spamming attacks in mid-air. That's how they all do it...right?"
Yeah that's about right if I recall correctly.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Leon is basically the best choice for a RE rep for Smash because he has the most significant ties to Nintendo out of the main 3 protagonists. Aside from remakes, RE2 and RE4 were released on Nintendo consoles, whereas 1,3,CV,5,6 weren't.
I can respect that.
Personally I think Jill in her STARS costume themed after the REmake and/or Revelations would be a cooler choice, but that's just me.
I hated Leon in RE6. They completely changed his personality. I thought the Chris storyline was the best thing about it, even if the ending was a complete rip off of Armageddon lol.
I don't know, he seemed about the same as in RE4 to me. The only difference was he was older, more experienced and more nonchalant because he's pretty "seen it all". They did the same thing with Jill in Revelations.

Gameplay was I didn't like Chris's at all, but story wise it was definitely the best one imo. I liked Ada's campaign the best (RE6 is the only game where I actually like Ada)...

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Second attempt:

1. Goku
2. Shrek
3. Shadow
4. Geno
5. John Cena
6. Blanche
7. Dorothy
8. Rose
9. Sophia
10. Arnold Schwarzenegger (Includes costumes for Terminator, Terminator 2, Jingle all the Way, Predator, Kindergarten Cop, Total Recall, Batman & Robin, and Conan)
11. Sora
12. Bubsy
13. Rabbid
14. Adam Sandler's character from the critically acclaimed masterpiece, Pixels
15. Anita Sarkeesian

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though is Resident Evil was in Smash you'd need to get creative. Snake had to have his Hand to Hand buffed as he couldn't use guns and in Resi (at least the first 4) hand to hand either ment you were doing a melee run or were terrible at ammo management.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Though is Resident Evil was in Smash you'd need to get creative. Snake had to have his Hand to Hand buffed as he couldn't use guns and in Resi (at least the first 4) hand to hand either ment you were doing a melee run or were terrible at ammo management.
Well, honestly, guns are so important to Resident Evil characters that if one was ever included, Sakurai would have to let go of that rule.
Which is why it's extremely unlikely to ever happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, honestly, guns are so important to Resident Evil characters that if one was ever included, Sakurai would have to let go of that rule.
Which is why it's extremely unlikely to ever happen.
I can only see three ways around it, none of them optimal.

Use Nemisis, Rocket launchers are ok but IF Ridley was too big them what will we do with this one?
Use Wesker in his teleporty Resi 5 form and lose the handgun.
Use Chris and boulder punch them.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can respect that.
Personally I think Jill in her STARS costume themed after the REmake and/or Revelations would be a cooler choice, but that's just me.

I don't know, he seemed about the same as in RE4 to me. The only difference was he was older, more experienced and more nonchalant because he's pretty "seen it all". They did the same thing with Jill in Revelations.

Gameplay was I didn't like Chris's at all, but story wise it was definitely the best one imo. I liked Ada's campaign the best (RE6 is the only game where I actually like Ada)...
I like Jill a lot, I just don't think she's as Nintendo relevant as Leon is and this is a Nintendo cross over after all. RE2 broke all time video game sales records, and RE4 was one of the best selling GC games. It left a influence and legacy in its wake.

RE6 was such a chore to me I didn't attempt the Ada stuff lol.

D

Deleted member

i'm not asking this in a negative way or anything, but isn't smt about as big as tales in sales and popularity? it at least has a clear-cut mascot, but
You mean Shin Megami Tensei?
If so, I'm pretty sure it's more popular than the Tales of series.
SMT is basically Atlus' main franchise and is popular enough to warrant a bunch of sequels, spinoffs and a crossover with FE, unlike Tales of who is rather obscure(even though I'm pretty sure the series has a bunch of games)
The Lloyd requests were the first time I ever heard of it tbh
Can't say much about the sales department though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom