• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While we're on the subject of Fire Emblem though, I'd kill for there to be a Fire Emblem amiibo line for Warriors, or at least for the playable characters that don't already have one. Or even if they just did a general line for popular Lords without amiibo.

Chrom, Lyn, Xander, Ryoma, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim...characters like that but especially Chrom.

Plus it's not like they'd be useless anyway. The Fire Emblem amiibo line have some of the best amiibo usage of all lines, I'd say.

D

Deleted member

Great I can't wait to have to re-fight Nuibaba and his Magic Ring/Medusa combo or Doma summoning enough monster units each turn that the game suffers from sprite flickering/slowdown. lol

Part of me is happy it's staying true to the original, but I can understand the complaints as well. I just hope that maps are more interesting. Also still waiting on the confirmation of supports.

I'll be honest, what even qualifies as a Fire Emblem Elitist anymore? I've been out of the loop.
IDK, I was just memeing, I'd probably qualify as an FE elitist considering that I think that Awekening is a vastly and honestly dull game that could've been much better, regardless of whether or not it saved the series. That doesn't mean that there could've been major improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
While we're on the subject of Fire Emblem though, I'd kill for there to be a Fire Emblem amiibo line for Warriors, or at least for the playable characters that don't already have one. Or even if they just did a general line for popular Lords without amiibo.

Chrom, Lyn, Xander, Ryoma, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim...characters like that but especially Chrom.

Plus it's not like they'd be useless anyway. The Fire Emblem amiibo line have some of the best amiibo usage of all lines, I'd say.
I would love it to happen, but considering Hyrule Warriors didn't get any(not counting the existing Zelda Amiibo), I don't see it happening for FE Warriors either. But it'd be pretty cool and yeah, so far the FE Amiibos have been getting the best uses of Amiibo(with the Zelda ones being 2nd Best Use after Breath of the Wild came out), with giving out characters in Code Name Steam, FE Fates, Echoes and Mario Maker, as well as a Lucina-styled outfit for Style Savvy and a Marth costume for that One Piece game. And I'll admit, I'd get a Lyn and Chrom Amiibo(and I still want the others, especially Corrin when s/he comes out).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
IDK, I was just memeing, I'd probably qualify as an FE elitist considering that I think that Awekening is a vastly and honestly dull game that could've been much better, regardless of whether or not it saved the series. That doesn't mean that there could've been major improvements.
I think a FE elitistis like a genwunner. Hate the newer games but praise the older games

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would love it to happen, but considering Hyrule Warriors didn't get any(not counting the existing Zelda Amiibo), I don't see it happening for FE Warriors either. But it'd be pretty cool and yeah, so far the FE Amiibos have been getting the best uses of Amiibo(with the Zelda ones being 2nd Best Use after Breath of the Wild came out), with giving out characters in Code Name Steam, FE Fates, Echoes and Mario Maker, as well as a Lucina-styled outfit for Style Savvy and a Marth costume for that One Piece game. And I'll admit, I'd get a Lyn and Chrom Amiibo(and I still want the others, especially Corrin when s/he comes out).
Honestly my reason for thinking we may get Chrom at least is because of Hyrule Warriors.

It didn't get an amiibo line, but the existing Zelda amiibo at the time could be used. Because of that, I think the game will have some form of amiibo usage, and it'd be kind of awkward if there wasn't an amiibo for Chrom, who seems to be the main character. :p Though that might happen as well...it'd just be kind of awkward, haha.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I only noticed this now, but the European version of the Limited Edition includes the Alm and Celica amiibo, while the NA version does not. It will likely be more expensive in Europe as a result though.

Something was bugging me about the amiibos until I realised they used their 2D images in the 3D rendering. So they appear oddly flat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Great I can't wait to have to re-fight Nuibaba and his Magic Ring/Medusa combo or Doma summoning enough monster units each turn that the game suffers from sprite flickering/slowdown. lol

Part of me is happy it's staying true to the original, but I can understand the complaints as well. I just hope that maps are more interesting. Also still waiting on the confirmation of supports.

I'll be honest, what even qualifies as a Fire Emblem Elitist anymore? I've been out of the loop.
To me at least, there are only two instances in which I'd call someone a Fire Emblem elitist.

1. They view those who started with the 3DS games as "not real fans."
2. They view those who haven't played the Japan-only games (especially 4 and 5) or the Radiant games (considering they're so hard to find) as "not real fans."

Basically, I'd just say anyone who judges someone's fandom based on which games they've played, especially in instances where playing said games requires legally-ambiguous methods in most cases.

Gaiden being nit uver reqorked is a good thing for me.

I dont want it to be one of those cases where the original winds up being superior in one way or another. I would rather not need to replay a game to feel like it is the real experience.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Death Battle

Venom stomped Bane. Better in every way but intelligence and Bane had no way to use Venom's weakness to his advantage anyway.

Next Time: Power Rangers

nit uver reqorked
Zebei pls

Ivander

Smash Legend
So far, I think the latest games' problems is just the writing. Gameplay-wise, I think they are a step in the right direction. And Conquest shows that they can still make good maps with actual difficulty. And at the same time, I think Fates did many good changes with the gameplay, like Hidden weapons and the new Dual Weapon Triangle (Sword/Magic>Axe/Bow>Spear/Dagger>Sword/Magic), the balance changes to Pair-Up, the My Castle features, Online Multiplayer, the Reclassing changes and Partner/Friend Seals as well as A+ Supports, Personal Skills, the more balanced Avatar compared to All Classes Robin, etc.
So gameplay-wise, I think Fates has gotten the steps in the right direction. The main story writing, however, definitely needs attention. The writing for the Support conversations range from good to decent to either not good or weird. But what could've made for some intriguing characters and great character development for the main story is put down by bad writing, not so good pacing, plot holes/little thinking and too much stuff kept from the 2 main paths and saved for the 3rd Path.
Honestly my reason for thinking we may get Chrom at least is because of Hyrule Warriors.

It didn't get an amiibo line, but the existing Zelda amiibo at the time could be used. Because of that, I think the game will have some form of amiibo usage, and it'd be kind of awkward if there wasn't an amiibo for Chrom, who seems to be the main character. :p Though that might happen as well...it'd just be kind of awkward, haha.
Chrom may not need FE Warriors to have an Amiibo. I mean, I don't think the Legacy Zelda Amiibo(Ocarina/Wind Waker Link/Zelda/30th Anniversary Link) needed a game to come into place. For all our luck, IS could make Amiibo based on the more popular characters in the FEHeroes Poll anytime without needing a game for them. I just think it's not likely with Warriors considering it didn't happen for Hyrule Warriors for both the original and the 3DS game and the fact that Warriors is done by a different company(Koei Tecmo).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Do the fans like Damian Wayne?
I'm more partial to Tim Drake and (yes) Stephanie Brown, despite her short tenure.

I can't handle this lmao

If this is some viral marketing for Space Jam 2, I swear to Jordan that Im gonna travel to Oklahoma City to see the movie premiere wearing a Kevin Durant jersey.
Honestly, I'd get that jersey out, bud.

Man, you're gonna love Ep11 then
It wasn't just LWA who saved anime, it was Trigger in general. Who else would have done Kill la Kill?

And no, MHA is done by Bones, though there are some differences in their artstyle
And if you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it because you'll be rooting for Deku as much as you do for Akko. And the second season is, like, one week away
Good point. BTW, I just saw ep. 11 last night. VERY intriguing, I'll certainly say that. Really, I wonder where all of this is going to lead...

Also, I've seen some of MHA, but I'm nowhere NEAR far enough into the series.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Guess I won't get a trade-in discount towards a Switch with my "Old" 3DS that's been collecting dust for years because they won't take it.

*Sigh* Oh well.

Staarih

Smash Master
While we're on the subject of Fire Emblem though, I'd kill for there to be a Fire Emblem amiibo line for Warriors, or at least for the playable characters that don't already have one.
I'd like that as well and I bet a set of FE amiibo would sell well. They could start with a few amiibo with Warriors and then continue on with the 2018 FE Switch game (though I guess that would end up having new characters), eventually having built up somewhat of a collection.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man Blizard is doing things really weird with Orissa. I'm positive she has a game breaking bug in comp and they just dont want to admit she's been rushed more then before.

They are locking players from using her in comp for 1 week, with the reason be so people can practice her. If you want to risk your ranking and practice in comp with a new character then go for it? Why should you be locked out from it? I could never play mc cree and go "oh I wan to try to and practice in comp" the game ain't locking me out then.

So I just don't buy that excuse, it feels off.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nothing much to say. Reckless Wiimote Safety Man won. Well that confirms that the meme never died and alot of people have been irresponsible with their Nintendo consoles lately.

Anyways, it's Shulk time. Or shall I say Xenoblade Chronicles time. Your choices will be Fiora (@KeybladeSmasher and @Mandala will be interested), Dunban (Tagging Schnee117 Schnee117 and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ), Melia, and Riki. I now some are going to rag on on me for now Reyn or Sharla, but they are definitely next. I'm aware of how big the cast is.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Remember to press on and on and on. But not that I'm saying that to be Fiora for the day.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Man Blizard is doing things really weird with Orissa. I'm positive she has a game breaking bug in comp and they just dont want to admit she's been rushed more then before.

They are locking players from using her in comp for 1 week, with the reason be so people can practice her. If you want to risk your ranking and practice in comp with a new character then go for it? Why should you be locked out from it? I could never play mc cree and go "oh I wan to try to and practice in comp" the game ain't locking me out then.

So I just don't buy that excuse, it feels off.
That's not it at all. Adding new characters (along with all the other changes) disrupts the meta a ton. And you don't want newbies who don't have a grasp of the character ruining everyone else's game. It's best to give it some time before throwing it out into the more competitive gamemode.

IIRC, Dota 2 does it all the time with it's captain's draft mode.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nothing much to say. Reckless Wiimote Safety Man won. Well that confirms that the meme never died and alot of people have been irresponsible with their Nintendo consoles lately.

Anyways, it's Shulk time. Or shall I say Xenoblade Chronicles time. Your choices will be Fiora (@KeybladeSmasher and @Mandala will be interested), Dunban (Tagging Schnee117 Schnee117 and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ), Melia, and Riki. I now some are going to rag on on me for now Reyn or Sharla, but they are definitely next. I'm aware of how big the cast is.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Remember to press on and on and on. But not that I'm saying that to be Fiora for the day.
Something tells me that Melia will literally destroy Fiora because of uniqueness with her elementals.

Also, don't forget Alvis and ****son.

D

Deleted member

Even if Beerus erase this from existence, he still techinically would have won. It could have been worse like going for Nester or Captain N.

Xenoblade is definitely next though.
I'd actually say the two of them would be a lot better than the choices on this poll.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Yay for the new Overwatch update!

Haven't quite gotten used to Orisa yet, but that being said, the Winston and Sombra changes feel so good. :shades: Sombra actually feels like a backline distraction/disruptor now, thanks to the Translocator buff.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm updating Overwatch. In probably a few weeks I'll get to try out Orisa thouh for obvious reasons.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I found one...This place is like Easter island, cept creepier...

One Shrine left!!!

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

With this, I think the game has reached its peak. This needs a 4D experience so its impact can truly be felt.

D

Deleted member

With this, I think the game has reached its peak. This needs a 4D experience so its impact can truly be felt.
Eeeeehhh... I don't know about that, it's just a CGI trailer, wait until the gameplay comes out. You can never be 100% certain with ubisoft.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think FE Warriors will probably get amiibo. Maybe not for every character, but for major characters like Chrom who have yet to get one, and then characters like Marth will receive a new one (you can't have an FE amiibo line without Marth after all).

Hyrule Warriors didn't have amiibo because the original game wasn't built with amiibo in mind to begin with, and that still held true for the 3DS port because it's not like they could add much in the way of unique amiibo support using the existing set-up for the game (plus they had bigger development priorities, Hyrule Warriors had some notable blemishes that they improved on in the 3DS verison).

Also while I don't say this to put down Chrom fans or anything or make his inclusion seem lesser, I don't think Chrom will be the "main character" of Fire Emblem Warriors, and I hope he isn't (don't type an angry reply just yet, it's less negative than it sounds :p). I can understand why people think that, as most Nintendo fans' experience with a Warriors game extends no further than Hyrule Warriors, but Warriors games (even the ones based on licensed properties) normally don't have a single main character. Hyrule Warriors only did this because Zelda games aren't normally these complex stories with morally grey characters - Link is the hero, Zelda is the wise princess whom he must assist, and Ganondorf is the dark power threatening to take over, and that's the end of it. Everyone else is there for fun and world building.

I think the best point of comparison for FE Warriors is the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games. While Gundam may be an anime franchise in a sci-fi setting, it's still very similar to Fire Emblem in that it's all about warring nations and young prodigies become pivotal players in war. And it has three Dynasty Warriors crossover games, using characters from all across the main Gundam timeline, and the side franchises.

I played a lot of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 a good few years back, and personally, there's a lot of elements from that game that I think would lend themselves perfectly to Fire Emblem Warriors. The main thing I loved, was how the story was handled - instead of simply choosing one main character from the entirety of the Gundam storylines (each Gundam series generally has a new protagonist each time, even if old characters return), they instead made an original story that focused on characters from across the Gundam franchise being dragged into a strange new world, and finding themselves allied with characters from other Gundam franchises. This meant, for example, that heroes from one series could be allied with characters who were portrayed as another series' main antagonist. The allegiances formed were somewhat based around what kind of ideals the different characters had regarding war. The story was split into four parallel arcs with their own title:

-Those Who Understand
-Those Who Doubt
-Those Who Pass By
-Those Who Fight

However, upon completion of these four arcs, the tides of the war would change, and characters would shift their allegiances around in accordance with this. Two new branches would then open up - "For Peace", and "For Victory". With most of the good guys from the shows now being together on For Peace, while most of the antagonists were now together on For Victory.

HOWEVER, after those two arcs, a new threat emerges, one that requires the military might of both sides. So every character now joins together to form one massive army, and a new, final arc opens up, called "For Reform".

In addition, they also had "History Missions", which were missions set aside from the main story where you could relieve iconic battles from the Gundam shows as playable missions.

Personally, I think Fire Emblem Warriors should handle it's story in a very similar fashion. With so many characters with so many ideals regarding war, it only makes sense, and IMO it would be way more interesting than just picking Chrom or anyone else as the sole protagonist (not to say Chrom couldn't carry a game on his own, I just think it'd be wasted potential to have a sole main character here). Even using the story arc titles from Dynasty Warriors 3 as a reference, I can easily see how some characters would be aligned. For example, characters like Marth, Chrom, Elise, and Eliwood would fit perfectly into Those Who Understand, since they're all about helping people and fighting for peace. Corrin would fit into Those Who Doubt, as he/she has great inner power and has had to make some rather difficult decisions with big consequences, causing some doubts in his/her mind about whether or not their path is right. Someone like Gaius or Azura would probably be recruited in the Those Who Pass By path, as they are pretty neutral (I define Azura as a True Neutral character because while she does want peace, she still will take whatever path Corrin chooses to achieve that, regardless of the morality of it). And of course, villains like King Garon would fit just fine in the Those Who Fight path.

And of course, you could easily make an equivalent to History Missions with Fire Emblem.

TL;DR - I think FE Warriors would be better with different story arcs featuring different crossovers of characters based on their ideals regarding war, rather than making a generic Light VS Dark story featuring Chrom or anyone else as the main character. Dynasty Warriors normally does this kind of thing and it's perfect for Fire Emblem. Hyrule Warriors only kept it a simple Light VS Dark story since that's what Zelda games normally are.

Last edited:
This is why typing while in a hurry to end my break and clock back in for work is a bad idea.

oh, and bloodstained for wii u cancelled for a switch version. no surprise
I think FE Warriors will probably get amiibo. Maybe not for every character, but for major characters like Chrom who have yet to get one, and then characters like Marth will receive a new one (you can't have an FE amiibo line without Marth after all).

Hyrule Warriors didn't have amiibo because the original game wasn't built with amiibo in mind to begin with, and that still held true for the 3DS port because it's not like they could add much in the way of unique amiibo support using the existing set-up for the game (plus they had bigger development priorities, Hyrule Warriors had some notable blemishes that they improved on in the 3DS verison).

Also while I don't say this to put down Chrom fans or anything or make his inclusion seem lesser, I don't think Chrom will be the "main character" of Fire Emblem Warriors, and I hope he isn't (don't type an angry reply just yet, it's less negative than it sounds :p). I can understand why people think that, as most Nintendo fans' experience with a Warriors game extends no further than Hyrule Warriors, but Warriors games (even the ones based on licensed properties) normally don't have a single main character. Hyrule Warriors only did this because Zelda games aren't normally these complex stories with morally grey characters - Link is the hero, Zelda is the wise princess whom he must assist, and Ganondorf is the dark power threatening to take over, and that's the end of it. Everyone else is there for fun and world building.

I think the best point of comparison for FE Warriors is the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games. While Gundam may be an anime franchise in a sci-fi setting, it's still very similar to Fire Emblem in that it's all about warring nations and young prodigies become pivotal players in war. And it has three Dynasty Warriors crossover games, using characters from all across the main Gundam timeline, and the side franchises.

I played a lot of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 a good few years back, and personally, there's a lot of elements from that game that I think would lend themselves perfectly to Fire Emblem Warriors. The main thing I loved, was how the story was handled - instead of simply choosing one main character from the entirety of the Gundam storylines (each Gundam series generally has a new protagonist each time, even if old characters return), they instead made an original story that focused on characters from across the Gundam franchise being dragged into a strange new world, and finding themselves allied with characters from other Gundam franchises. This meant, for example, that heroes from one series could be allied with characters who were portrayed as another series' main antagonist. The allegiances formed were somewhat based around what kind of ideals the different characters had regarding war. The story was split into four parallel arcs with their own title:

-Those Who Understand
-Those Who Doubt
-Those Who Pass By
-Those Who Fight

However, upon completion of these four arcs, the tides of the war would change, and characters would shift their allegiances around in accordance with this. Two new branches would then open up - "For Peace", and "For Victory". With most of the good guys from the shows now being together on For Peace, while most of the antagonists were now together on For Victory.

HOWEVER, after those two arcs, a new threat emerges, one that requires the military might of both sides. So every character now joins together to form one massive army, and a new, final arc opens up, called "For Reform".

In addition, they also had "History Missions", which were missions set aside from the main story where you could relieve iconic battles from the Gundam shows as playable missions.

Personally, I think Fire Emblem Warriors should handle it's story in a very similar fashion. With so many characters with so many ideals regarding war, it only makes sense, and IMO it would be way more interesting than just picking Chrom or anyone else as the sole protagonist (not to say Chrom couldn't carry a game on his own, I just think it'd be wasted potential to have a sole main character here). Even using the story arc titles from Dynasty Warriors 3 as a reference, I can easily see how some characters would be aligned. For example, characters like Marth, Chrom, Elise, and Eliwood would fit perfectly into Those Who Understand, since they're all about helping people and fighting for peace. Corrin would fit into Those Who Doubt, as he/she has great inner power and has had to make some rather difficult decisions with big consequences, causing some doubts in his/her mind about whether or not their path is right. Someone like Gaius or Azura would probably be recruited in the Those Who Pass By path, as they are pretty neutral (I define Azura as a True Neutral character because while she does want peace, she still will take whatever path Corrin chooses to achieve that, regardless of the morality of it). And of course, villains like King Garon would fit just fine in the Those Who Fight path.

And of course, you could easily make an equivalent to History Missions with Fire Emblem.

TL;DR - I think FE Warriors would be better with different story arcs featuring different crossovers of characters based on their ideals regarding war, rather than making a generic Light VS Dark story featuring Chrom or anyone else as the main character. Dynasty Warriors normally does this kind of thing and it's perfect for Fire Emblem. Hyrule Warriors only kept it a simple Light VS Dark story since that's what Zelda games normally are.
**** now i want to buy Gundam 3

1 and 2 are great but i assumed 3 wouldnt be much if an improvement but that sounds super fun.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is why typing while in a hurry to end my break and clock back in for work is a bad idea.

1 and 2 are great but i assumed 3 wouldnt be much if an improvement but that sounds super fun.
I haven't played DWG1 or DWG2 yet (even though I have had them for years, lol), but DWG3 was super fun.

My only major criticism of it was the map design (it's very corridor based, it doesn't really have any open ended levels, levels with verticality, or the space battles from the first two games). However, the combat was super tight, the Mobile Suits were extremely customisable (and eventually you could put any pilot in any Mobile Suit, and even have pilots be your Operator), and there were actually a wide variety of base types you could capture that helped you in different ways. Also the characters were very chatty which I know not everyone likes, but I loved it because they were making excellent use of the VAs (which I also think FE Warriors will do). It also had online multiplayer, which I never got try, and unfortunately wouldn't be very active now (if at all), but it was cool that they had it.

Also they went for a more cel shaded and colourful artstyle as opposed to the more realistic artstyle of the first two games.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

oh, and bloodstained for wii u cancelled for a switch version. no surprise

Does anyone hear a phone ringing?

BECAUSE I ******* CALLED IT

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Codename STEAM has been a tenner for ages. Since I bought it myself.

Should be easily able to find it at that price if you look around a bit and there's no excuse not to get it at this point if you are the slight bit interested in it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom