• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I haven't followed Steven Universe in ages.
It's hard to keep track of a show that constantly enters very long hiatuses, so I decided I'm not watching any new episode until the show ends... which doesn't seem likely to happen in the near future.
Well according to that leak that told us of the movie months ago, the show has a 9 season plan(it’s on 6 now), and that the reasons for hiatus was that production was stopped to make the movie. So we may not see those anymore.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also for those who want the new Steven universe episode, it’s apparanetly airing today or tomorrow for people!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Aaaaaaah, glad to be back here.

I would had been back earlier but I had some fish to fry. Not addressing who it is because of "that rule" here. But I'm done with him.

How are you all doing?
Pretty fine, how are you?

I got into drawing for real this time; I wanna have a self made Mythra avi.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Blegh, I'm so sick of this lynch mob culture the internet has going on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well according to that leak that told us of the movie months ago, the show has a 9 season plan(it’s on 6 now), and that the reasons for hiatus was that production was stopped to make the movie. So we may not see those anymore.
>9 season plan
JEEBUS KRUST WHAT
The hiatuses also made me lose my enthusiasm towards the show because I just moved on to other things, and it's never been the same since I started watching it.
If I hear that hiatuses are becoming less frequent then I might catch up with the show, but I'll probably have to re-watch the earlier seasons first because my memory of it is getting a bit rusty.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That's like giving a treat to a dog who just took a crap on a Playstation.

But, eh, you're right; we are not their parents anyway.
I got everything under control.
I will be a good man, trust me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>9 season plan
JEEBUS KRUST WHAT
The hiatuses also made me lose my enthusiasm towards the show because I just moved on to other things, and it's never been the same since I started watching it.
If I hear that I hiatuses are becoming less frequent then I might catch up with the show, but I'll probably have to re-watch the earlier seasons first because my memory of it is getting a bit rusty.
The newer episodes are definitely getting more story heavy so rewatching it is probably a good idea. Once the show fully ends it looks like it could be one of the best shows to binge watch.

I’m glad cartoonetwork are finally supporting it. It has earned it with its fandom size and the effort the crew puts in.

D

Deleted member

I might take a break from Smashboards soon, because it's getting to the point where I spend more time waiting for the website to load than I actually post, and I really should spend some more time doing other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I swear to God they better rehire James Gunn. Firing him over 10 year old tweets is ****ing ridiculous. He made Guardians what it is today and has been nothing but humble and caring since. I won't watch Vol. 3 without him directing.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 at this point I'm convinced you're just roasting marshmallows on the site. :troll:
I've been travelling a lot and wasn't able to take a look at things till today. Nothing really seemed wrong or broken, but I've got things seeming back to normal after restarting a couple processes

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I swear to God they better rehire James Gunn. Firing him over 10 year old tweets is ****ing ridiculous. He made Guardians what it is today and has been nothing but humble and caring since. I won't watch Vol. 3 without him directing.
Yeah, I agree that since he was just making jokes, let alone 10 freaking years ago, he shouldn't be fired for something like that. But that's how many industries work.

D

Deleted member

At the very least, if they don't rehire James Gunn, I hope they give Guardians 3 to Taika Waititi. It just fits his style so well.
Shazam is looking excellent too

This actually looks amazing.
I have very little interest in DC (I have nothing against them, just not that interested), but this movie might change that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Mega Man: Fully Charged trailer :ultmegaman:

Doesn't look all that bad (I was expecting much worse) but I don't think it's for me. But the artstyle is pretty "eh" to me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What

Even as a fan of Steven Universe, I can't possibly imagine how the show will be able to carry on for nine seasons, at the rate it's going now. What else is there to the story that they'll be able to tell for that long?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, the tweets were ****ing 10 years old?

I wonder why people dont know to leave the past in the past sometimes

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man: Fully Charged trailer :ultmegaman:

Doesn't look all that bad (I was expecting much worse) but I don't think it's for me. But the artstyle is pretty "eh" to me.
Seems like an okay show for the kids. Though I gotta say, after hearing Mega Man's voice in 11, I was expecting him to sound more grown.

I just wish that Mega Man's limbs didn't taper in so much on the knee and elbow joints. Normally, they are straight up tubes, but they look good that way. The rest of his design is fine, for the Tron style that they are going for. I like Fire Man's design though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What

Even as a fan of Steven Universe, I can't possibly imagine how the show will be able to carry on for nine seasons, at the rate it's going now. What else is there to the story that they'll be able to tell for that long?
Well the biggest theories people have had are these:

1) White is a villain for awhile, until something changes.

2) Sneple are a thing like Ronaldo said and thus Steven must stop this other alien race that people think homeworld could be fighting. This is because of the resource crisis peridot mentions way back in like season 4. Of course this doesn't have massive bits of evidence to back it but you never know. A bonus thread to this is that Onion is actually of this race as he is never referred to as a human by Steven.

Both of those theories connect to each other. Even if they did happen though, I don't know have 3( technically 4 as 6 just started) could happen. I have faith in the crewniverse though as they've showed to have really mapped out the story.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

1. Some people are really petty.
2. Being famous has extra pressure to be perfect in public.
3. Disney needs a squeaky clean image.

That looks like something that would be aired on ****ing NickToons.
Close, Cartoon Network.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Because the Internet is much bigger now than when Gunn was hired, social media in particular. The political climate is also radically different. Once people dug up those tweets and publicized them, Disney's hands were tied.

Could you blame a company known for family entertainment for wanting to distance itself from someone who made dozens of r*** and pedophilia "jokes?"

D

Deleted member

Looks like Mega Man's cartoon is getting the Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventure/Sonic Boom treatment, which is pretty much what I expected it to be.
Yeah I never really had much faith in it to begin with.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because the Internet is much bigger now than when Gunn was hired, social media in particular. The political climate is also radically different. Once people dug up those tweets and publicized them, Disney's hands were tied.

Could you blame a company known for family entertainment for wanting to distance itself from someone who made dozens of r*** and pedophilia "jokes?"
is he doing the stuff he tweeted about those years ago in the present time?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I understand that Disney did what they had to do. But some people chose to be petty clowns digging up dirt that's pretty much a decade old. THAT'S my issue with the whole situation. Had this been a recent issue, it'd be a bit understandable.

Looks like Mega Man's cartoon is getting the Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventure/Sonic Boom treatment, which is pretty much what I expected it to be.
Yeah I never really had much faith in it to begin with.
I mean, sort of. I doubt it'll be as bad as the Pac-Man one. And the Sonic Boom show had memes going for it.

D

Deleted member

Disney plans on making another Pirates of the Caribbean film, which I'm assuming will star Johnny Depp as usual.
I don't think I need to say more.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pretty fine, how are you?

I got into drawing for real this time; I wanna have a self made Mythra avi.
Drawing now? That sounds good. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

And I've been cutting cake. The final product turned out delicious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
is he doing the stuff he tweeted about in the present time?
No, but to Disney, that doesn't matter. It'd be worse if the public knew they allowed him to stay on the film despite his now-very-publicized history.

The court of public opinion is what matters. Tons of folks are already straight up calling Gunn a pedophile despite no evidence toward that, and that would cause tremendous brand damage. Disney's hands were tied. It was either fire Gunn, or be branded as "the company that hired a pedophile," no matter how unfair or untrue the latter is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, sort of. I doubt it'll be as bad as the Pac-Man one. And the Sonic Boom show had memes going for it.
I meant to say it's taking the same direction as those shows by being an CGI animated sitcom with very different settings than those of the source material it's based off of.
I don't think I'll enjoy it either way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Disney plans on making another Pirates of the Caribbean film, which I'm assuming will star Johnny Depp as usual.
I don't think I need to say more.
Issue is Depp was never found guilty and he and Heard settled, while there are public records of Gunn's tweets. Not at all the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom