• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just got a five star Lucina, a five star Ares and a five star Noire all in one pull.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A +Spd Deidre broke my pity rate at the Ylissean Summer Banner lol
At least I can pull some memes by slapping Darting Blow now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually managed to get 6 hours of sleep! Ritalin is staying for now, and while I might take a nap at noon, this is going to be a regular day otherwise.
Surprised to see only 2 extra pages though. Before I go back to playing Ultra Moon...
Honestly I'm more flattered than anything.
You see, Red is cool.
Be like Red.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
EVO numbers are wild.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Smash 4 has one more competitor than Melee.
FighterZ has more entrants than SFV.

I'm expecting Ultimate to replace Smash 4 next EVO. Both Smash games have less entrants this year so I'm interested to see what numbers are like next year.

Also found this from around E3, might be Melee's final year.

Unless the idea is to have Wii U and Ultimate which would just be stupid. Either Melee and Ultimate or just Ultimate.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wanna know what a rollercoaster of emotions feels like in 280 characters or less?

On a less dissatisfying note, I also got a third Siegbert from the other set I pulled. +Spd/-Res is optimal for him, I think, and I really wish him and Karla had gotten each other's natures now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When I'm finished leveling, my Flier team is going to be amazing meta wise.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just caught the new FEH channel.

Banner-wise, the characters were good choices. Sumia in particular was a character whose absence left a hole in my roster so I'm happy she's finally here. I'm also happy to get Walhart, it seems like he'll be a very good axe cavalier so that will be a great GHB to beat.

As for the rest... Eh, more orbs are great, the Askr trio getting refines was long overdue, and it's really nice to finally get more copies of the TT units, but other then that I didn't really get too excited for the new features or some of the QoL updates. I'm still probably not going to use Arena or Grand Conquest too much, and the new mode doesn't really interest me either. I'll give the latter a try since it may be better in practice, but as is it seems a bit underwhelming.

Well that's one way to advertise your mobile strategy game...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The kinky faces run in the family:
20180720_032155.png

What are their IVs?

EVO numbers are wild.
Smash 4 has one more competitor than Melee.
FighterZ has more entrants than SFV.

I'm expecting Ultimate to replace Smash 4 next EVO. Both Smash games have less entrants this year so I'm interested to see what numbers are like next year.

Also found this from around E3, might be Melee's final year.

Unless the idea is to have Wii U and Ultimate which would just be stupid. Either Melee and Ultimate or just Ultimate.
Clutch af victory by SSB4 over Maylay

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was honestly thinking of going on another FE Heroes hiatus, but one of the Daily Banners has Hinoka and Minerva on it so I'll save as much as I can for that. Got burned by the Kinshi Hinoka banner that ended recently so hopefully this one goes well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I forgot that EVO was so soon. Right around the time of ComicCon too? That's sick.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Stewart Copeland is going on tour in 2019 and will be including Spyro music in his line-up.

Also this interview is great in general, can we make "driving your dragon" an official term now?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I managed to save up 100 orbs (+5 from doing the first five battles of the new story chapter) in preparation for this banner, and it seems like my orbs saving was all worth it. About 10 orbs in, I got my most wanted unit from the banner:

Ready for service, Flying Olivia descends from the sky! It felt quite nice to pull her...

...but then I learned she got a horrible IV spread: +Def -Spd. YEOWCH!!! Flying Olivia would much prefer a Speed boon rather than a Speed bane.

So I ended up using the rest of my orbs in the hopes of getting another Flying Olivia. Sad misfortune followed. I failed to pull another Flying Olivia in the rest of 90+ orbs. I just got a bunch of 4 stars and 3 stars no matter how much I sniped for red orbs.

Looks like I can't use Flying Olivia just yet. Now, I want to pull one with a better nature. As for what I will do with my current Flying Olivia? I could hold on to her to merge her with a new Flying Olivia, but at the same time, Bracing Stance is a really good skill to have for the tanky units, so I might just hold on to the poor-IV one as future Bracing Stance fodder when the situation calls for it.

Also, that new story chapter in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Our heroes manage to save Hrid in time, and we learn how he managed to find his way through Muspell... Bruno gave him the map!

Looks like the masked knight of Heroes will probably appear later in the story again, and it seems like he's somewhere around Muspell. Good to see the story hasn't forgotten him! It'd be nice if he is the one to save his sister, but it would also be cool if they have a reunion.

Hrid mentions that in order for Surtr to be killed, they must extinguish the flames in the Rite of Flames, for that element is what allows Surtr to resurrect himself. I guess this is where the story is heading currently.

I gotta say, Hrid leaves a good first impression. I'd say he's my favorite of the Nifl royal family thus far.

Then Helbendi catches up, and eventually, Laevatain and Laegjarn do as well. After all of them are defeated, Hrid eventually realizes there is a traitor amongst that spilled information. Everyone can't figure who the traitor is, but Hrid still remains suspicious.

Yep, they will reveal Ylgr is Loki in disguise, right? Ylgr was the most suspicious of the bunch so far (I mean, how else did she know Kiran's name despite never meeting or heard of him prior, as well as knowing the way to Surtr's location?), so I'm pretty sure we will have this reveal in the next chapter. I only wonder if the real Ylgr is dead or has been sent somewhere else in captivity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3DS is charging, which means it's time for another update.
- Takumi
- ChuChu
- Ribbon
- Cha
- Scully
- Mos Eisley
Current Location: Malie City? (Not really sure... doesn't matter because I'm not gonna stay there for very long anyway)
After exploring Haina Desert and getting a Psychium Z, I continued my progress in the story and went to rescue that little girl's Yungoos from Po Town... though it took a while to get there.
Every time I enter a new route/Town/whatever, I make sure I fight every trainer and collect every item, if possible. Sure, it can break the pace, but it's not as bad as when my Pokemon are at level 100 and I have a clear advantage over those random trainers. Besides, I'm a completionist.
I tried to give ChuChu, Ribbon and Scully all of the EXP I could because they were underleveld compared to Takumi, Cha, and Mos Eisley (Takumi got a lot of EXP because the starter always gets a lot of attention, Cha is a traded Pokemon so he got boosted EXP, and I gave Mos Eisley about the same amount of attention because I wanted him to evolve really badly), and it worked thanks to the coverage moves I gave them (really satisfied with how the move tutor was handled in this game).
The battle with Guzma obviously didn't go the way I wanted it to because I severely underestimated Masquerain's special attack and also overestimated my Pokemon's Special Defense. I still won, but it was annoying anyway.
Then I fought Gladion at the Aether House and started to notice that the game actually gave both him and Hau better character development - Gladion laments that he couldn't protect Lillie due to it his reason from running away from Aether Paradise at the first place, and Hau is actually showing signs of maturing.
I heard that the game watered down both Lillie and Lusamine, and while that's disappointing, I can forgive that if Gladion and Hau are improved. Ideally I would've preferred it if SM!Lillie and Lusamine and USUM!Gladion and Hau were all present, but what can you do?
Instead of going straight to Malie, I decided to do some sidequests and also get the totem sized Mimikyu from Oak, who I named Poopyhead because I am a very mature man.
I also prevented a Skrull invasion.
And I forgot to mention it yesterday but I got the high score on Mantine Surf in Ula'Ula beach on my first attempt.
And most importantly...
ITS THE BOI

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Managed to get Sumia in just 20 orbs! Now I have 240 left for the upcoming Minerva and Celica banners.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Managed to get Sumia in just 20 orbs! Now I have 240 left for the upcoming Minerva and Celica banners.
Are you me??? I got Sumia in 20 orbs, too! Best girl :'^)

Although, she ended up being +Speed -Def. It's not the worst, but her speed is already overkill so her losing her DEF, when its supposed to be a good stat for her (with having Close Def and all), not sure how I feel about that.

I'm elated to have Close Def fodder at the very least, though!

D

Deleted member

>looks at the checklist page for USUM that he's been using for almost a week now
>opens sections he hasn't really looked at before
>opens "upgrades"
>
uh oh.PNG

>"No"

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I feel like the FEH channel was pretty good, but not quite as exciting as some of the past ones have been. It's good to see Sumia finally get added into the games, although the main unit that I'm interested in getting is Walhart.

Also glad to see the Askr trio finally get an upgrade to their weapons. And getting more merges of the TT units is great as well, especially for those who missed out on those units the first time they were around. I never managed to get Tobin or Clive when they were first around, so it will be nice to have them (even though I hear they aren't very good), and having another BK merge is great.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm undecided, though. I have 400 orbs, and I haven't been doing any Paralogues, Chain Challenges, or Chapters for the past MONTHS, meaning I could have 200 orbs just from that, just sitting there.

So with my 600 orbs, I'm really considering just splurging on this banner, as its the first in a while where all four units are ones I like. And Maribelle with her Dazzling Staff would be worth it!

But I'm still reaaaaaally holding out on a Saber banner. He really needs one, and I REALLY want him :'^(

Hoarding orbs is hard :'^((((((

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's the 2D art of Voldo, since the trailer was taken down.

I'm betting either Astaroth or Cervantes is gonna be shown off next.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I got Maribelle in about 30 orbs so I'm happy enough. I did get -atk, but I'm not too bothered since attack isn't that important on a staff user. I'd like to get Libra too, but since he's almost guaranteed to get demoted I'm okay with waiting for that.

The Trilemma is interesting. AI units have no idea how to use Triangle Adept effectively (probably for the better), so if you put Maribelle on a team with a dancer or people with Reposition or Swap, it's as simple as having Maribelle hit, say, a blue unit, and then swap a green unit into her place so they can eat the blue unit on enemy phase. And if you come up against it on an enemy unit, there are likely going to be situations where you can get hit by it, and turn that to your advantage because of the aforementioned AI not understanding Triangle Adept. Going to play around with it some more to get a better idea of what to do with it, but so far it's been pretty handy on my Tempest Trial team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom