• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I've binged watched FMA Brotherhood the whole day and finally finished it. Man where do I begin?

I've watched the original Full Metal Alchemist (2003 version) on Netflix before hand and after seeing both, I gotta I say I prefer Brotherhood in almost every way. Both are excellent shows, with the original FMA introducing me to the world of Alchemy and the Elric brothers, whereas Brotherhood introduces me to new characters.

One thing I liked in the original anime better is how it develops some of the characters better, particularly the Homunculus. I'll exemplify this sentence with Lust. Lust in Brotherhood was a villain who was killed off pretty early by Roy Mustang, but she was more than that in the original anime. The 2003 version gave her more spotlight by being in more episodes, and she got backstory which elaborated on why she wanted the philosopher's stone. Before her becoming into a Homunculus, she was a lover of Scar's older brother, and all she wanted is to regain back her humanity. That was her motivation for being the villain. She defects from Dante when she realizes she's just being used, helps the Elric brothers at the very end, and pays the price for it. The original version makes her out to be a tragic villain from this amount of depth, and I can't help but feel sympathy for her. Yeah I liked Lust alot better in the 2003 FMA. The same goes for Wrath and Sloth. I felt that Homunculus in general get better depth in comparison to their Brotherhood's selves. They were more than just "human vices of father"; they were horrible results of Human Transmutations and they had origins that made them far more compelling. I think the idea is that overall, I prefer the villains in the original anime than the ones in Brotherhood.

I thought that the deaths were better done in the 2003 version too, and I think it's because we get to see more screen time and episodes to connect with characters such as Nina Tucker and Maes Hughes. Brotherhood covers their deaths pretty quickly, but by having more episodes with Nina and Hughes, the original fates gave out stronger emotional impacts to those characters and the reactions of Edward, Winry and other characters. I also liked 2003's Izumi better too.

Both versions also seem to differ by tone too. While Brotherhood is a action-adventure Shounen, the original I found to be more dark and mature. Brotherhood does the world building, fight scenes, other characterization better, and to top it off with a satisfactory ending and an epic build up to the final battle. Man, I haven't ever felt a battle that intense since Kenshin's Makoto Shisho and Enishi. I prefer Brotherhood, but the original isn't too far off either imo. Both versions are excellent.

Great storyline accompanied by equally wonderful casts, new characters (compared to the 2003 version anyways), villains. Epic fights and a pacing that feels right. My favorite part about Brotherhood is how it has absolutely NO filler (I dropped previous animes such as Naruto Shippuden and Inuyasha solely because of fillers) despite being 64 episodes long. I watched the final arc and ending feeling happy and fully content. Fantastic anime all around. I don't give out 10/10s like candy, and I'm impressed to say that Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is the fourth anime to get that rating.

Edward in particular is an amazing protagonist. IMO I would rate him at the top leagues alongside the likes of Kenshin, Lelouch, Okabe, Simon and Spike in terms of character quality. Yeah I'm ready to call this my second favorite anime of all time. In fact, here's how it'll looked like ranked in my list below:

1. Rurouni Kenshin
2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
5. Steins;Gate

Anyone that hasn't seen it, it's on Netflix. Do yourselves a favor and watch this **** A-friggin-SAP.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I’m going to take a hiatus from SmashBoards for a while, just so you guys know. I.....just don’t feel as motivated to post anymore, it’s gotten really stale. I love the community and the people in it, but I just can’t interact with you lovely chaps right now, it feels too much like work. I’m also going through some tough times that I’d rather not share here, which hopefully hasn’t bled into my posts. Hopefully you guys don’t miss me or anything, I don’t want that **** on my subconscious.

See me in about a week, OK?
Hey: it's all good with you wanting to take a break honestly, especially if you're busy with other stuff that needs to be taken care of first. Take the time off, and I hope you'll feel better in the next week or so: take care now! :)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I’m going to take a hiatus from SmashBoards for a while, just so you guys know. I.....just don’t feel as motivated to post anymore, it’s gotten really stale. I love the community and the people in it, but I just can’t interact with you lovely chaps right now, it feels too much like work. I’m also going through some tough times that I’d rather not share here, which hopefully hasn’t bled into my posts. Hopefully you guys don’t miss me or anything, I don’t want that **** on my subconscious.

don't worry, you never need to justify taking a break! tbh I'm only here because I'm addicted to the slowly diminishing endorphin rush from successfully fishing for likes which probably isn't healthy now that I think about it

D

Deleted member

I've binged watched FMA Brotherhood the whole day and finally finished it. Man where do I begin?

I've watched the original Full Metal Alchemist (2003 version) on Netflix before hand and after seeing both, I gotta I say I prefer Brotherhood in almost every way. Both are excellent shows, with the original FMA introducing me to the world of Alchemy and the Elric brothers, whereas Brotherhood introduces me to new characters.

One thing I liked in the original anime better is how it develops some of the characters better, particularly the Homunculus. I'll exemplify this sentence with Lust. Lust in Brotherhood was a villain who was killed off pretty early by Roy Mustang, but she was more than that in the original anime. The 2003 version gave her more spotlight by being in more episodes, and she got backstory which elaborated on why she wanted the philosopher's stone. Before her becoming into a Homunculus, she was a lover of Scar's older brother, and all she wanted is to regain back her humanity. That was her motivation for being the villain. She defects from Dante when she realizes she's just being used, helps the Elric brothers at the very end, and pays the price for it. The original version makes her out to be a tragic villain from this amount of depth, and I can't help but feel sympathy for her. Yeah I liked Lust alot better in the 2003 FMA. The same goes for Wrath and Sloth. I felt that Homunculus in general get better depth in comparison to their Brotherhood's selves. They were more than just "human vices of father"; they were horrible results of Human Transmutations and they had origins that made them far more compelling. I think the idea is that overall, I prefer the villains in the original anime than the ones in Brotherhood.

I thought that the deaths were better done in the 2003 version too, and I think it's because we get to see more screen time and episodes to connect with characters such as Nina Tucker and Maes Hughes. Brotherhood covers their deaths pretty quickly, but by having more episodes with Nina and Hughes, the original fates gave out stronger emotional impacts to those characters and the reactions of Edward, Winry and other characters. I also liked 2003's Izumi better too.

Both versions also seem to differ by tone too. While Brotherhood is a action-adventure Shounen, the original I found to be more dark and mature. Brotherhood does the world building, fight scenes, other characterization better, and to top it off with a satisfactory ending and an epic build up to the final battle. Man, I haven't ever felt a battle that intense since Kenshin's Makoto Shisho and Enishi. I prefer Brotherhood, but the original isn't too far off either imo. Both versions are excellent.

Great storyline accompanied by equally wonderful casts, new characters (compared to the 2003 version anyways), villains. Epic fights and a pacing that feels right. My favorite part about Brotherhood is how it has absolutely NO filler (I dropped previous animes such as Naruto Shippuden and Inuyasha solely because of fillers) despite being 64 episodes long. I watched the final arc and ending feeling happy and fully content. Fantastic anime all around. I don't give out 10/10s like candy, and I'm impressed to say that Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is the fourth anime to get that rating.

Edward in particular is an amazing protagonist. IMO I would rate him at the top leagues alongside the likes of Kenshin, Lelouch, Okabe, Simon and Spike in terms of character quality. Yeah I'm ready to call this my second favorite anime of all time. In fact, here's how it'll looked like ranked in my list below:

1. Rurouni Kenshin
2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
5. Steins;Gate

Anyone that hasn't seen it, it's on Netflix. Do yourselves a favor and watch this **** A-friggin-SAP.
Oooo Rurouni Kenshin is your favorite anime?
I have that stuff on Netflix.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Okay, I forgot about this post and I apologize since replying to this was the first priorities after finishing FMA: Brotherhood. I don't know you well enough since this is the first time I'm talking to you, so good luck out there for whatever tough times you're going through. May and June this year were really suffering months for me regarding personal university problems, so I wish you the best of luck.

Oooo Rurouni Kenshin is your favorite anime?
I have that stuff on Netflix.
A fantastic anime written by a trash creator. Otherwise, feel free to check it out if you like. It wasn't my first anime, but it's what truly got me into anime when I watched it at 13 years old. Nowadays it's seen as controversial, but it was very influential to me growing up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A fantastic anime written by a trash creator. Otherwise, feel free to check it out if you like. It wasn't my first anime, but it's what truly got me into anime when I watched it at 13 years old. Nowadays it's seen as controversial, but it was very influential to me growing up.
"Trash creator?"
Wait why?

I am an uncultured swine when it comes to anime, the only ones I have seen completely were One Punch Man and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Both really good stuff.

I have yet to complete MHA and DBZ Super.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Before I go, I’m going to drop some extreme emotional baggage off. Don’t open the spoiler tag below if you are sensitive to serious topics.

My girlfriend told me this March that she had a major depression disorder. I tried to help her through it, but she killed herself months afterwards, about two weeks ago. I know that I couldn't be the reason she would want to live, and it hurts so ****ing much that she left me.

One time, I called her very late one night for a question about my cat, but she came over personally to work it out. This is when she had some work she had to do the next day, but she personally came over to spent the night with me and then completely finished her work on two hours of sleep, and did it all because she is a ****ing genius. How am I ever going to find a girl like her again? I loved her, but I never told her the way I wanted to, and she died all alone, feeling like she was worthless and unloved.

I've struggled every night since she died, wishing I could join her in death. I can't feel anything for anyone else. I can't feel anything for anything else. It’s hard for me to really feel anything. She made me feel handsome and useful and loved and cared for in a way I never thought was possible. Now she's gone, forever. I'm such a ****ing failure. I failed her. I never made her feel like she made me feel, and that hurts me so damn much. I just don’t feel like living anymore. I honestly just want to die.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dude do you ever drive to the store at 1 AM to buy some ****ing peanuts

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided to see how fast I could beat the original Final Boss in FNAF World with the Update 2.0 animatronics.

The answer was 1 turn.

Slasher has a 1/10 chance of dealing 99,999 damage - Which against the Update 2.0 final boss isn't THAT much.

But the original final boss doesn't have that much HP. And I got that 1/10

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So til people are mad that Endever is getting some sort of redemption arc so what do they do? They start hating Horikoshi
Let's be real here for just a sec. Even only this year... people have been mad at almost anything when it comes to not only anime but also TV shows...
I never blocked anyone on any platform ever....
Same

Even if there is somebody who blocked me here (And... I think I can tell... a bit), not pointing at any specific person or user, but if block just because they have different opinions with you, then it's pretty dumb in my opinion.
I know the conversation is done but let's just talk about my own experience. Very rarely do I block people on a website or service. You have to do something truly stupid... something that really pisses me off for me to even think about such a thing. I've not set anyone to ignore on this site. However I did block people during all these eight years I've been active (I joined YouTube in early 2010 and that's how I started).

The last person who blocked me was because I pointed out he was losing his mind over a political opinion of another user on Twitter.

But there was someone I thought I'd talk with a lot. This goes way back to 2011 during my YouTube days. I felt she was special (not that special as I don't even know her. I mean, as a friend on the web), but as it turns out, even with the few things I gave in return, I'm an apparent piece of trash in her eyes. I think the thing is that she gets offended way too easily, and so it's very hard to come up with a conversation. Getting offended over the smallest of things is something that truly ticks me off. Not that she started conversations with me to begin with or that I feel she ever cared about my presence anyway. But now there's no need to because we don't talk to each other anymore as she removed me over the dumbest of things in February.
So I sent her a very nice response in return on an IM service, told her that if she was going to keep behaving this way, she'd be alone for the rest of her life, and I blocked her only so she could not respond any stupid ****, and moved on. Has she seen my reply? I don't know nor do I care anymore. Not the first time I went through this with her (she literally removed me over inoffensive status messages I posted on Skype for God's sake), but this time I think it's really over.

There's better people out there, and like one wise guy once said in a movie, I'm too old for this ****.
Eh when it comes to political opinion I never get too involved with it, especially those that I have no connection with.

Moreover on my previous opinion when it comes to blocking... only block when there's certain users that really just spam message to you, as for users being an a hole well... just let the mod do the job lol. I used to have a user who was pretty dumb and being a total pathetic loser and he got super banned, I didn't block him at all I just leave him to the mods lol.

Now again this is not target at any user, it's really really coward to block somebody who has different opinion even on things about video games. And yes, I'm pretty sure not much people here really does that, but you never know...

In conclusion, I don't really block people, and I don't care if some users block me, simple as that.

Today added Hollow Knights and Okami HD to my Switch library despite only beating 2 switch games.
This wants me to say something again... I never understand how some just keeps crying out on how 2018 Switch's library isn't good. I always want to ask them that have they finish all of their games yet?

Death threats are going way too far but you're acting like Endeavor isn't all but outright being stated to be a serial rapist, child abuser and wife beater, and the latter two are shown off
Exactly, and I agreed what you mentioned with Endeavor... except calling him a wife beater lol. I don't remember Endeavor beat up his wife... she just end up cracked and hurt Todoroki and Endeavor just sent her to hospital.

I mean, isn't it a good thing for a character we all hate on to finally change his attitude for once? With all things happened to All Might and how things been going with him and Todoroki, his change is pretty natural and human.

Speaking of which, I finish watching Darling in the FranXX and SAO Alternative: GGO

Darling in the FranXX: Oh.. oh my FranXX... that wasn't good.... I mean the ending. It left with an interesting "cliff hanger" but it's still a bit odd. And yeah, I know you can't call this copy but they made the later plot too similar to Gurren Lagann... and made it worse...

SAO Alternative: GGO
GGO SJ is literally Fortnite VR, where you can even bite people in order to kill them.
The true identity of Pitou was somewhat expected, the last episode was good nonetheless. I hope there's like a second season, even though not likely

I still have Hanebado and MHA season 3 for on my summer anime list, might watch others if I have the time.
Old Smashboards - Upgrade
New Smashboards - **** go back
Correction:
Old Smashboards on phone/tablet - upgrade
New Smashboards - my punching the "F*** GO BACK" button dozen times

Also Mythra Mythra Metal Shop X Metal Shop X or anyone who finished XC2 and XC1 just curious...
XC2 and XC1, story wise, which is better? I recently watch OJ's livestream, and after Wolfenstein 2 is a crappy game gameplay wise he said XC2 is all better than XC1, which I agreed with him minus the story, and how he explained was not too good.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Before I go, I’m going to drop some extreme emotional baggage off. Don’t open the spoiler tag below if you are sensitive to serious topics.

My girlfriend told me this March that she had a major depression disorder. I tried to help her through it, but she killed herself months afterwards, about two weeks ago. I know that I couldn't be the reason she would want to live, and it hurts so ****ing much that she left me.

One time, I called her very late one night for a question about my cat, but she came over personally to work it out. This is when she had some work she had to do the next day, but she personally came over to spent the night with me and then completely finished her work on two hours of sleep, and did it all because she is a ****ing genius. How am I ever going to find a girl like her again? I loved her, but I never told her the way I wanted to, and she died all alone, feeling like she was worthless and unloved.

I've struggled every night since she died, wishing I could join her in death. I can't feel anything for anyone else. I can't feel anything for anything else. It’s hard for me to really feel anything. She made me feel handsome and useful and loved and cared for in a way I never thought was possible. Now she's gone, forever. I'm such a ****ing failure. I failed her. I never made her feel like she made me feel, and that hurts me so damn much. I just don’t feel like living anymore. I honestly just want to die.
Damn. If it makes you feel any better I know people who've gone through similar. I don't really know how to help but I feel there's no wrong way to mourn. All I hope is that you don't hurt yourself badly when mourning, but again, there's no wrong way to mourn

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

**** man, I'm sorry.

First off, don't feel shame for feeling these things. These are perfectly normal emotions.

What happened is very unfortunate but its important that you don't blame yourself.

Her decision was hers and hers alone and even though you might try and twist facts into thinking you were a cause, you weren't. I often feel like I'm unloved and worthless but its not because people don't like and care for me, its because of my own mental roadblocks and attitudes.

We can't really do much here in internet land but I'd recommend talking to someone IRL.

Do you have parents or friends you feel comfortable sharing these feelings to? What about a pastor or mentor? If all else fails, call a hotline.

I know it hurts but don't give up just yet. You're young. You'll find another. Maybe even someone who makes you feel even better. That sounds cliche and insensitive but its true.

You got friends here dude. Remember that. We're here for ya.

D

Deleted member

Morning Smashboards. I'll post an UM update but I feel that it should be in a separate post from this one.

Aw man.... I'm really sorry.
I can't really say much that Swamp hasn't already said, but you should probably take his advice and talk to someone for support.
I wish I could help more, but I'm not good at comforting people or giving advice.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
"Trash creator?"
Wait why?

I am an uncultured swine when it comes to anime, the only ones I have seen completely were One Punch Man and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Both really good stuff.

I have yet to complete MHA and DBZ Super.
Since Mythra already answered your question regarding Watsuki (the creator), I'll give out some recommendations if you'd like. Other anime shows I've enjoyed that were on my Netflix were Gurren Lagann (10/10), Violet Evergarden (8/10) and Your Lie in April (9/10). I really liked each of those three. Try them out sometime whenever you get the chance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not really an anime person myself, though I do have plans to get into at least two at some point later this summer.
Rather than posting one now, I decided that I will post a big Ultra Moon update in the evening since I'm making more progress now.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Haven't been here for like, half a day, so what did I m-

hug.gif

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

That's...a really tragic situation. My condolences.

Don't blame yourself for what happened though, it was her choice. You're not a failure, I'm sure you made her feel plenty loved. Depression is just like a cunning beast like that, it can take the love someone experiences and twist it into much darker feelings that leads them to make some rather hasty and irrational decisions, leading to the situation you're in now.

That's also why you mustn't succumb to those feelings yourself. Don't give up on life just because she did, I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted that. You know first hand the damage a lost life can cause now. Don't assume you aren't loved. You most certainly have people who love you. Perhaps they aren't the best at showing it, or perhaps you have a distant admirer who themselves is afraid to talk to you out of their own insecurities. Whatever the case may be, these are people who would be wounded from losing you, and you know how that feels now. So you mustn't give up on life, or on yourself.

It's gonna be tough, but you're gonna carry that weight that's been thrust upon you and it will give you a mental fortitude like never before. But that won't happen if you give up on everything, so keep your chin up and your eyes front. Only when you do that will you be able to look towards the future.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
View attachment 153627 Hey @ Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily .

I know you said D&D was gonna be a while out. How while-y is the while still looking?

Ain't looking to press, just kind of remembered it was a thing and got curious.
Yeah, sorry about that, its just, I constantly get the job interview after job interview, then get rejected, so I'm constantly getting ready for those, while wanting to do prep as well.

And well, hopefully, early August should be when we might be able to get together,

If everything comes together on my end, and I actually get the night shift job I applied for, so my schedule doesn't constantly get put out of whack.

Also, lol, busted boards. My avatar didn't want to be next to my name on my end, red.

Seems it wants to go its own way. :v
Busted Smashboards.png

Edit: Also, just remembered, I wasn't alerted I was tagged Warchamp7 Warchamp7 , fix your busted sight. :v

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If anyone is interested in the SDCC Sonic panel happening today, these are the times.

It's not gonna be livestreamed officially, but there might be fan livestreams and at the least, live tweets.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, sorry about that, its just, I constantly get the job interview after job interview, then get rejected, so I'm constantly getting ready for those, while wanting to do prep as well.

And well, hopefully, early August should be when we might be able to get together,

If everything comes together on my end, and I actually get the night shift job I applied for, so my schedule doesn't constantly get put out of whack.

Also, lol, busted boards. My avatar didn't want to be next to my name on my end, red.

Seems it wants to go its own way. :v

Edit: Also, just remembered, I wasn't alerted I was tagged Warchamp7 Warchamp7 , fix your busted sight. :v
His sight is probably fine, his site though is not performing optimally

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's a young boi

Also Codename S.T.E.A.M holds up super well in 4K.

For some reason the game is showing Japanese text even though it's a European copy. Voices are in English though. Good thing I already know how to play then.

EDIT: Never mind, fixed the Japanese text.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am really sorry for your loss.
Now I feel really bad for getting on your skin.
Please do not die, there are still people who care for you. I hope things go the best for you afterwards.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You know what? **** it , Imma take my chances with that dancers skill Bewildering Grace, Ill just scum save or run and fight and repete
Save Scumming, the ultimate technique a gamer has in their tool set to brute force their way through an area in a game. :v

Windstar

Banned via Warnings

holy crap

I’m going to preface what I’m about to say by saying that it probably isn’t going to make any difference at all to how you’re feeling, because you’re hurting far too much for any words to have any lasting impact. But it’s not your fault. You didn’t fail anyone. You are always going to feel like you could have done this, that or anything else better and that would have been the solution, but sometimes there just isn’t one.

As much as I don’t want to say it, if she did have a serious major depression disorder, I think anything you could have said would have only stalled out the inevitability of what happened. You can’t make yourself responsible for that. Professional help is what’s needed. And honestly sometimes even that isn’t enough. It’s a cruel world like that.

I can’t imagine how you’re feeling right now, I’m sure what you’ve described is just the surface of your pain. And I’m sorry. I truly am. I can’t fix everything, as much as I would love to. All I can say is what has already been said. You can’t blame yourself for this. But even then I recognise that it doesn’t change the fact that she’s gone. There’s nothing I can say for that except again that I’m very sorry, for the insignificantly tiny amount that it’s worth.

D

Deleted member

Are there any like side dungones during the first chapters area in Octopath Traveler?
All the starting areas have one optional dungeon in them, though Danger Levels vary. And I believe the areas for Chapter 2 follow the same rule alongside their respective Job shrines

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All the starting areas have one optional dungeon in them, though Danger Levels vary. And I believe the areas for Chapter 2 follow the same rule alongside their respective Job shrines
So are the job shrines for specific characters or can I go to any and give anyone a second job class?

D

Deleted member

So are the job shrines for specific characters or can I go to any and give anyone a second job class?
The Job shrines for each class are located in the Ch2 area of their respective character's starting towns.
So, for example, the Scholar Shrine can be found in the road to Noblecourt, on the Flatlands which is where Cyrus starts.
Anyone can equip any secondary job but only one character can have a job equipped at a time, so if you give Primrose the Scholar job, no one else will be able to use it while she has it equipped.
Ophelia. is. the. worst

I mi g ht as well make Olbric a claric and boot her ***
She's a Cleric, I don't know what else you expected but tissue paper defenses. Just have Olberic taunt and your entire tean is safe from non-AOEs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom