• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Welp, after insisting for 4 years, I finally got my brother to play Ace Attorney. And now he has just finished the first game.

I've been playing with him, commenting the funny stuff and seeing his reactions to the game. It also served as a way to refresh my memory about the first entry, since I remembered the outcome of the cases but not all of the plot twists (that last case lol). He played rather well, I remember I got stuck several times but he pulled through most of the game without any help.

The verdict? He loved it. The best part for him was the music, and I can agree to that hahahaha. I don't understand why he refused to play the game for so long, but now he's about to begin Justice for All, so good job me, another soul converted to the Ace Attorney series!

I'm doing my job Capcom, now do your stuff and give me more Ace Attorney

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Welp, after insisting for 4 years, I finally got my brother to play Ace Attorney. And now he has just finished the first game.

I've been playing with him, commenting the funny stuff and seeing his reactions to the game. It also served as a way to refresh my memory about the first entry, since I remembered the outcome of the cases but not all of the plot twists (that last case lol). He played rather well, I remember I got stuck several times but he pulled through most of the game without any help.

The verdict? He loved it. The best part for him was the music, and I can agree to that hahahaha. I don't understand why he refused to play the game for so long, but now he's about to begin Justice for All, so good job me, another soul converted to the Ace Attorney series!

I'm doing my job Capcom, now do your stuff and give me more Ace Attorney
please give him PLvsAA, Please give him PLvsAA

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I plan to do so when he finishes Apollo Justice. The trilogy goes first and I'm going to make him play Apollo because I like Polly, Ema and Klavier. After that I'll give him the choice of Dual Destinies or PLvsPW.
I have a feeling the Professor Layton in PLvsAA will have him pick Destinies insted. But maybe PLvsAA will gain another person in the Layton fandom.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I have a feeling the Professor Layton in PLvsAA will have him pick Destinies insted. But maybe PLvsAA will gain another person in the Layton fandom.
Not really, remember that Layton in Spain is really popular, so he already knows the character. And I've already played some Layton games in his presence and spoiled the plot of two of them lol so he's no stranger to his games. He hasn't played one himself, but he's the kind of person to pick PLvsPW just because he would find it funny to see Layton in the court lol.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
You do realize the "weak" pop up indicates that the enemy is weak to that type of attack, right? Pretty sure Gaston is weak to Spears, all bosses are weak to one weapon/element their character has default access to.
Oh, ****. I thought the 'Weak' pop-ups meant that they were weak hits.

Oh, I've so much to learn, haha.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright I've been thinking about what happened last night, and I decided to make this small post.
Now I want to make it clear that I blocked Shiny weeks ago. The fact people tried to grudge me about it and go so far as to calling me names about it is utterly ridiculous. I also feel that the reasonings for blocking him are mine to keep. I am not forced to explain myself as to why I blocked him. Red respected this, and so should all of you.

I'm keeping him blocked. Any further drama regarding this will be ignored. If you try to start with me again, I will report you for harassment. Or block you also if need be.

Don't @ me. I'm not looking to discuss this. I only wish to share how I feel about it and that's accomplished.
Moving away from that...

I saw a fight today. Two kids wanting the last physical copy of Octopath. Which was unfortunate because, um, I kinda wanted it too. :laugh:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Not really, remember that Layton in Spain is really popular, so he already knows the character. And I've already played some Layton games in his presence and spoiled the plot of two of them lol so he's no stranger to his games. He hasn't played one himself, but he's the kind of person to pick PLvsPW just because he would find it funny to see Layton in the court lol.
ooh oh yep, forgot about that lol well if he does pick PLvAA, hes in for a good time. The Layton and Wright Friendship is so good

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the artwork for :ultpalutena: has gotten an overhaul on the official Smash Ultimate website. Stuff includes adding her halo thing, showing less leg, change of lighting, and a tiny face lift.

I wonder if anyone else has gotten tweaks to their art.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I saw people mention it earlier but not actually explain, so here's that Mega Man X9 teaser.

What they actually mean by this is that they are gonna make a remaster of Mega Man X Command Mission next. :V

D

Deleted member

Well :4shulk:is fun, so he is my secondary.
Alright I've been thinking about what happened last night, and I decided to make this small post.
Now I want to make it clear that I blocked Shiny weeks ago. The fact people tried to grudge me about it and go so far as to calling me names about it is utterly ridiculous. I also feel that the reasonings for blocking him are mine to keep. I am not forced to explain myself as to why I blocked him. Red respected this, and so should all of you.

I'm keeping him blocked. Any further drama regarding this will be ignored. If you try to start with me again, I will report you for harassment. Or block you also if need be.

Don't @ me. I'm not looking to discuss this. I only wish to share how I feel about it and that's accomplished.
Moving away from that...

I saw a fight today. Two kids wanting the last physical copy of Octopath. Which was unfortunate because, um, I kinda wanted it too. :laugh:
I really want to know why though.

D

Deleted member

I just want to know why Aurane is blocking me though.
I am sorry if I am continuing it, I am just very curious.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Manga version of the Tournament of Power isn't anywhere near as fun. So many characters got less time to shine. I didn't think Krillin and Tien could somehow be done any dirtier than they were, but here we are. Not to mention Piccolo and 18.

Meanwhile, in the show, most team members got some episodes dedicated to their growth. And even those who didn't got to fight and knock out some dudes. Again, Tien and Krillin got shafted, but no where near as hard as the manga. It takes the best part of the ToP and removes it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol I'm just imagining going t-pose between the kids, grabbing the game without getting out of t-pose, and then sliding out of the store- still t-posed. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Ehh playing FEH and YouTube. Right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, they're all story monsters, which mean if you kill 'em once you kill 'em for good for the rest of the event.
That reminds me on how there were many monsters only available in certain weather or event in XC... where there isn't much in XC2.

While yeah that's a normal feature to have in JRPGs but if can be annoying when you have a quest that requires you to kill a monster that only appears in meteor showers...

D

Deleted member

No update today. I made some progress but I'm tired as hell and the quality of my posts suffers as a result.
Maybe I'll post one tomorrow morning, or I'll just post one, huge update in the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Base Goku and Base Vegeta shown off in DBFZ. Just in case no one saw it yet.

As expected, Goku gets access to Spirit Bomb and Kaioken in some fashion. They also change his belt and shirt a bit. Probably my favorite change is the facial features matching early DBZ.

Vegeta seems to have Galick Gun. I'm betting either Dirty Fireworks or Ozaru is also gonna be a part of his moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finished Primrose's Ch2
I like how often this game uses human bosses, those would be quite rare in other RPGs and it really helps give the bosses story significance.

Also, ugh, they're going the "revenge isn't worth it" route with Primrose, aren't they? For once, I'd like a revenge plot that doesn't have the character go "vengeance feels empty"

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
in the never ending pit of questionable luck that is my life i pulled another 4 star servant...lacelot..Berserker

for thoes playing at home youll remember me constantly complainign all i get are zerkers outside of the rare rider or one off caster when it comes to 4 star or higher servants

Chrono.

Base Goku and Base Vegeta shown off in DBFZ. Just in case no one saw it yet.

As expected, Goku gets access to Spirit Bomb and Kaioken in some fashion. They also change his belt and shirt a bit. Probably my favorite change is the facial features matching early DBZ.

Vegeta seems to have Galick Gun. I'm betting either Dirty Fireworks or Ozaru is also gonna be a part of his moveset.
Vegeta's level 3 is called "Galaxy Breaker" but it's kinda hard to see what it is. I'm gonna guess it's Dirty Fireworks. Sad day for Oozaru fans (aka me.)

As for Goku, he gets Kaioken as an install. It works similar to sparking blast that it powers up more the less teammates you have on you. Spirit Bomb was described as "a very powerful move that's very hard to charge and hit with." I was hoping they'd go for the smaller Spirit Bomb so this is also slightly disappointing.

Aside from that, they're coming in early August so that's really soon.

Switch version is also getting it's own beta.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Shulk vs Rex!
Who wins?
Klaus

Or this wouldn't happen since...
Shulk can be one of Rex's blade.
Both start-game and end-game Rex win against start-game and end-game Shulk, it's blatantly obvious to the point where there's no point even doing an analysis. If you've played both games from start to finish, it shouldn't even be a question in one's mind.

Mid-game is where you could get more analytical but I'm too lazy to bother.

Shulk is the better character though and has a more powerful voice. :V
I'm pretty sure this is just about their battle abilities,if I'm serious here and neglect most of the spoiler stuff for both, Rex still has the upper hand... unless he has more Blades.

As for saying who's a better character/main character that's a whole long essay for me to make out of lol.
I've been rewatching Angry Video Game Nerd and I completely forgot how great he was and is
I like his video about a unofficial game called Hong Kong 97. And yeah, it's actually a game made in Taiwan, and no... I have never played it. I used to own those 100 in 1 cartridge for Gameboy Color and Famicom

And unpopular opinion... "I Love Beijing Tiananmen" is actually not a terrible song.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Vegeta's level 3 is called "Galaxy Breaker" but it's kinda hard to see what it is. I'm gonna guess it's Dirty Fireworks. Sad day for Oozaru fans (aka me.)

As for Goku, he gets Kaioken as an install. It works similar to sparking blast that it powers up more the less teammates you have on you. Spirit Bomb was described as "a very powerful move that's very hard to charge and hit with." I was hoping they'd go for the smaller Spirit Bomb so this is also slightly disappointing.

Aside from that, they're coming in early August so that's really soon.

Switch version is also getting it's own beta.
I heard the Switch is getting a beta version before the release.

The way Kaio Ken works seems similar to SS2 Gohan in Super Sonic Warriors on the GBA. When Gohan's the last man standing he gets's boost and flashes white. Which kind of makes sense since Kid Gohan's got trouble holding in his anger. But in theory this fits Kaioken waaaay more.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For anyone who cares about Basketball, Kawhi Leonard got traded for Demar DeRozan.

Also for some reason, Marvel's making some family friendly comics with IDW. Not sure why they aren't doing that on their own. Though they've collaborated before with different comic companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom