• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I feel like I should've picked Olberic as my first character, cause he is my favorite of the cast so far, at least Prim is my 2nd favorite. Everyone else is decent, haven't really ranked most of them yet, but Ophilia is my least favorite so far. The faithful do good cleric archetype isn't really my thing.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
As much as I hate Roy, he's Chad as ****, he can have 7 potential wives iirc
Yes, including his teacher.

While you're not wrong, he's a pretty bad unit.

At least, that how it was when last I played FE6 :p
I mean Roy isn't that bad, he just starts falling off around the mid game and doesn't really recover until the last two chapters of the game. Having supports with Lance and Allen makes him better, given they're likely to ferry him across the map a lot. So they usually always have the benefits of it.

D

Deleted member

Completed all the first chapters of Octopath, and now, onto the sec--
>Lowest Lv recommendation is 21 for Primrose
Rip I guess I'll try doing the optional dungeons before going any further.

Also, Path Actions make the game feel a lot like a DnD game because I can steal a woman's belongings, beat her up to break into her house and then seduce her husband and take him away to the ither side of the continent and I just think that's beautiful.

Also also, Primrose is a Bard.
You can't change my mind.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Completed all the first chapters of Octopath, and now, onto the sec--
>Lowest Lv recommendation is 21 for Primrose
Rip I guess I'll try doing the optional dungeons before going any further.

Also, Path Actions make the game feel a lot like a DnD game because I can steal a woman's belongings, beat her up to break into her house and then seduce her husband and take him away to the ither side of the continent and I just think that's beautiful.

Is she at the very least a spoony bard?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Decided to put off buying Octopath indefinitely and instead ordered Ys VIII and Shining Resonance to get my Switch RPG fix at the moment.

Chrono.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For a second I thought you meant a secret zone like Hidden Palace in STH2.
That actually wasn't in the original Sonic 2, only the Taxman version.

The original version had an inescapable spike pit. Torture if you're Super Sonic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, I mean, I'm on the same boat. I'm either buying BoTW or Octopath. And like, I really want those first parties.
I'd be surprised if Octopath wasn't already flushed out of my local retail. no plastic money card so i cant order online

If I really wanted my JRPG fix I could either play Bravely or one of the Monolith games I have.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I've been hearing a lot about Octopath Traveller. Normally, I wouldn't be interested, but I am looking to expand my Switch game library.

Been looking at Pokken DX, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, and Octopath Traveller. The first two I own on Wii U, whereas the last would obviously be a whole new game/experience.

I'm open to suggestions.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been hearing a lot about Octopath Traveller. Normally, I wouldn't be interested, but I am looking to expand my Switch game library.

Been looking at Pokken DX, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, and Octopath Traveller. The first two I own on Wii U, whereas the last would obviously be a whole new game/experience.

I'm open to suggestions.
Well what's your current Switch/Wii U library?

D

Deleted member

I thought Shishoe's avatar was a woman with naked breasts being shown, but those breasts are Ocarina of Time Great Fairy level in pointyness.

D

Deleted member

Shish, have you ever even heard of Final Fantasy 4?
Of ****ing course I played Star Wars IV, I'n talking about actual Bards that radiate Bick **** Energy, the ones that **** their way into problems and then **** their way out of them.
That is literally Primrose because I just made her seduce this Knight and now she's legally required to aid my party at least eight(8) times.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Absolutely terrible day

I have to order items for my department, which I haven't been able to start because I have other tasks and it's going to take longer than how many hours we actually have before closing.

First I had to finish someone else's work, but they did it all wrong so I have to redo all of it.

Then a costumer complained about me because she misunderstood what I was talking about with another cashier when I said we need more people up here because I can't be the only person while also needing to complete other tasks.

On top of that, soon I will be the only cashier.

Oh, and my dog is being put down today. She probably already is

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm open to suggestions.
I'd be wary of buying Hyrule Warriors on Switch, especially if you already have it elsewhere. I've heard it's a buggy port, both by various players and reputable sources like Digital Foundry. Might at least be best to wait for a sale on that one.

Other than that, the only Switch games I own are Breath of the Wild, Sonic Mania, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'd easily recommend Breath of the Wild, XC2, and Sonic Mania regardless of whether or not you are an established fan of those franchises, as they are accessible to newcomers and all great games. Just depends on your interest in their respective genres.

FE Warriors is a harder sell. I like Hyrule Warriors more but the Switch port is buggy while FE Warriors isn't. Even as an FE fan, the game was quite disappointing in some regards. It's still a good game though, the game mechanics are quite solid if you just want a decent Warriors games. Might want to go for a reduced price on that one.

As for games I own on other systems but are on Switch, Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is a fantastic game, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy is really good value too and can be found pretty cheap.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Tempest Trials is very profitable.

My Masked Marth now has a fully funded pseudo-healer build AND an offensive Sealed Falchion build.

Versatility combined with good stats will definitely make her one of, if not my absolute favorite infantry unit.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Tfw you clear more phone space for FEH and a Samsung app decides to update by force, clogging all the space I just freed.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Switch Hyrule Warriors wasn't buggy at all for me, there were some crashes here and there but they were very infrequent. If you loved the Wii U one but never got Legends I'd definitely recommend getting HWDX.

FE Warriors wasn't bad either, it's really quick and more mainstream than HWDX because the Adventure Mode doesn't require any items, it's just levels, but as a side effect it loses some charm and the Adventure Mode feels samey. It's still really good though, and there's other things it does that HWDX doesn't like the Bond Conversations and the full voice acting, both are real sw00t. Either one, FE:W or HWDX are really great choices, I can't recommend one over the other. I personally have both, they're both amazing games.

Honestly I'd recommend Disgaea 5, that's a top 5 Switch game for me, the dialogue is HILARIOUS, the story is meaty, there's SO MUCH content, and it's just overall, fun. I'd also recommend Yooka Laylee. Another top 5 game for me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The way he said "Thank you for everything Odette, I am for ever in your....debt" made me laugh at how he sounded at the word Debt
I mean, she doesnt sing but she is entertainment themed and a buffer so You are kinda right

Also Cyrus makes a killer Dancer, you should try it

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'd be wary of buying Hyrule Warriors on Switch, especially if you already have it elsewhere. I've heard it's a buggy port, both by various players and reputable sources like Digital Foundry. Might at least be best to wait for a sale on that one.

Other than that, the only Switch games I own are Breath of the Wild, Sonic Mania, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'd easily recommend Breath of the Wild, XC2, and Sonic Mania regardless of whether or not you are an established fan of those franchises, as they are accessible to newcomers and all great games. Just depends on your interest in their respective genres.

FE Warriors is a harder sell. I like Hyrule Warriors more but the Switch port is buggy while FE Warriors isn't. Even as an FE fan, the game was quite disappointing in some regards. It's still a good game though, the game mechanics are quite solid if you just want a decent Warriors games. Might want to go for a reduced price on that one.

As for games I own on other systems but are on Switch, Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is a fantastic game, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy is really good value too and can be found pretty cheap.
Damn, that's unfortunate. I'll do a bit of research into it. I was planning on selling Hyrule Warriors on Wii U and just getting it on Switch, but if it's issues are pretty bad, then I'll just hold onto my Wii U version.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I've heard good things about, but haven't touched the first game or X. I know XC2 starts with new characters, but I'll probably go back and play the first game if I ever want to get the second.

Sonic Mania is another game I've heard good things about. A friend of mine, who shares his birthday today with Shish funny enough, has it. Might ask if I can give a shot next time I'm over there.

Fire Emblem Warriors is not a game I have interest in. Not a fan of Fire Emblem. Not really interested in Crash Bandicoot or Naruto either.

Appreciate the suggestions, though. I'll look a bit further into Hyrule Warrior's port issues and give Sonic Mania a try.

Well what's your current Switch/Wii U library?
Switch:
ARMS
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Wii U:
Hyrule Warriors (Still have it)
Mario Kart 8 (Still have it)
Pokken Tournament (Still have it)
Splatoon
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Guard
Super Mario Maker
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I've heard good things about, but haven't touched the first game or X. I know XC2 starts with new characters, but I'll probably go back and play the first game if I ever want to get the second.
You do not need to have played the other Xenoblade games to understand this one.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I kinda want a Smash Bros x Shonen Jump game.

They could have then
Goku, Vegeta, Freiza, Luffy, Yugi, Jotaro Kujo, Light and Ryuk, Naruto, Ichigo, Inuyasha, Saitama, Midoriya and Sailor Moon as a guest character.
:teeth:
A Nintendo vs Shonen Jump game would have a lot of potential. Shonen Jump is basically the Nintendo of manga, and it's got a really rich history too; it's been around since 1968.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey DDLC is kind of relevant again, I wonder what's on the subredd-

2018717_1328339.jpg

You know I have a Sayori reaction image that works for this exact situation but I probably can't post that.

Just destroy me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A Nintendo vs Shonen Jump game would have a lot of potential. Shonen Jump is basically the Nintendo of manga, and it's got a really rich history too; it's been around since 1968.
About time someone agreed with me.

Plus the thought of like Yugi fighting Captain Falcon is amusing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom