• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
1). Typhlosion (GSC/HG/SS)
2). Empoleon (DP-Pt)
3). Decidueye (Sun/Moon)
4). Eevee -> Vaporeon (Pokémon XD)
5). Serperior (B/W/B2/W2)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My top 5 final starter evolutions:

1) Greninja
2) Swampert
3) Primarina
4) Empoleon
5) Decidueye

Yeah, Water starters are usually my favorites.

Decidueye is cool too. Some might think it looks odd for it evolve from a classy-looking Pokemon to the Robin Hood design, but I like to think it's evolution could have some relation to it: maybe, Dartrix realized how living high-class probably wasn't the best because it lead to greed corrupting it, so it became more of a champion for the lower-class: a kind of person that Robin Hood is (albeit I'm pretty sure Robin Hood was never a high class individual to begin with, but I could be wrong).

The Virgin Unfezant vs The Chad Staraptor

-Weak*** 115 attack stat
-Needs a mask to look cool
-No Close Combat
-Spams Swagger to cover its own insecurities
-Probably took a dump on you car
-Interrupts your Audino grinding
-Used by Alain; the plot armored weirdo who likes lolis
-Smells bad

-Absolutely boss 120 attack stat
-What did you say about my hair?
-CLOSE COMBAT
-Can run HM Fly and Defog and still be helpful in fights
-Dude owns your car now
-Rarely in the wild because you gotta earn one by training
-Reckless to hit Brave Birds harder in your face
-Rhymes with Predator and Terminator
-It Intimidates you by smelling your fear
Now I want to see someone actually draw Unfezant and Staraptor in those respective Virgin and Chad styles!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apparently there’s a link to shonen jump in the description of the japanese youtube video for the upcoming Smash and Splatoon thing.

It’s time....

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
OK well I think I'm going to try and have a 12 hour nap now

the disrespect for delphox and meganium (along with the respect for decidueye) is making me tired

if y'all want any more of my controversial albeit factually correct opinions, just @ me Embarrass

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Gen 4 has the strongest starters, and I say that as someone who doesn't much care for Gen 4.

Torterra is my favorite of three. On the surface he's just another dinosaur with a dumb plant stuck on him randomly, like Venusaur or Meganium. Except his design is also evocative of the World Turtle. It's an established design choice that carries weight with it, and updating it off a turtle and on to an Aklyosaur is a clever take on a well worn trope.

Infernape is immediately evocative of Sun Wukong, everybody gets that. But he's also evocative of Hanuman, the Indian fire monkey, justifying his fire typing, and he justifies his fighting typing, more so than Blaziken or Emboar, through Da Sheng Pi "Monkey Kung Fu."

Empoleon is probably the least clever of the three, being largely just a standard Emperor Penguin. But even he has the three-pronged face plate which carries down into the single stripe on his chest to evoke Poseidon's Trident and give him that regal, king of the sea look.

That's the kind of stuff I value. Designs that feel purposeful.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Mega Meganium when?

also Flygon was robbed

same with Slowking

D

Deleted member

The cool thing about Pokemon is that every Pokemon is someone's favorite, literappy every Pokemon is loved and that's something so wholesome about the series.
Instead of ****ting over each other's opinions, let's all appreciate our favorites and respect each other. Even if their favorite is Chikorita.
It's going to be some good ****.

I have to wonder if Dabi is going to do anything next chapter. I figure he'd wanted Endeavour to fall as hard as possible, while he's at the height of being the number 1 hero, rather than when he's just starting out.

Also, RIP Hawks as no.2 hero? Looks like the poor guys feather's are all but burnt out at this point, so there isn't much he can do to carry out his hero work.

Also, have you see tumblr getting up in arms about the Endeavour development? It's kind of amusing and sad at the same time.
This IS Endeavor's peak, it's the same thing that Kamino was to All Might. Dude won't get to work for a couple months now, with that burnt arm and scarred eye.

And I haven't seen much on Tumblr regarding Endeavor outside of being worried Horikoshi will just sweep what he has done under the rug. Most of the blogs I follow are busy hyping over Dabi
If I may, I'll compare Greninja to Decidueye, as they're both meant to be evocative of common character archetypes, ninja or ranger.

Greninja has a clever design. It evokes the failry cliche ninja-with-a-cool-scarf imagery, but justifies it using it a natural element of the animal it's based on. The tongue scarf is wonderfully goofy, and the bright pink color gels extremely well with the darker blue skin tones, which is also a common color for ninja to wear across media.

Dedicueye's design lacks that justification. It's just got a hood made of out leaves because grass type. Now, in a way, I'm happy they didn't go for the immediately obvious choice when trying to make a bird look like an archer, but at the same time, the most common Robin Hood design has a very iconic pointed hat that easily fits the shape of many different bird species' crests, and the fact it has one giant feather to accent it only makes the design feel all the more logical. Decidueye is "cool," in that his wings kind of form the mantle of a cloak, but I don't think he's anywhere near as evocative of an archer as he could have been, and thus, has a weaker design.
That's because GF are clearly Fate fans
And I, for one, appreciate it
EDIT: goddamnit Smashboards
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170207175150
Apparently there’s a link to shonen jump in the description of the japanese youtube video for the upcoming Smash and Splatoon thing.

It’s time....
Goku confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My top 5 final starter evolutions:

1) Greninja
2) Swampert
3) Primarina
4) Empoleon
5) Decidueye

Yeah, Water starters are usually my favorites.

Decidueye is cool too. Some might think it looks odd for it evolve from a classy-looking Pokemon to the Robin Hood design, but I like to think it's evolution could have some relation to it: maybe, Dartrix realized how living high-class probably wasn't the best because it lead to greed corrupting it, so it became more of a champion for the lower-class: a kind of person that Robin Hood is (albeit I'm pretty sure Robin Hood was never a high class individual to begin with, but I could be wrong).

Now I want to see someone actually draw Unfezant and Staraptor in those respective Virgin and Chad styles!
Doesn't Staraptor spread it's wings in one of it's Gen 4 sprites? If so then you can easily use their sprites for it. But yes drawings would be hype

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Sonic Mania Plus has a Sonic Forces promotional leaflet inside the box

Seems like they still want the game to be relevant...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The cool thing about Pokemon is that every Pokemon is someone's favorite, literappy every Pokemon is loved and that's something so wholesome about the series.
Instead of ****ting over each other's opinions, let's all appreciate our favorites and respect each other. Even if their favorite is Chikorita.

This IS Endeavor's peak, it's the same thing that Kamino was to All Might. Dude won't get to work for a couple months now, with that burnt arm and scarred eye.

And I haven't seen much on Tumblr regarding Endeavor outside of being worried Horikoshi will just sweep what he has done under the rug. Most of the blogs I follow are busy hyping over Dabi

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170207175150

Goku confirmed
Literally Goku is the only way at this point I could get any more excited for Ultimate.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only Mega Evolutions I really want are the Johto Region's Starters, and I've already seen designs of them that pretty much cannot be bested.

I mean really. These are ****ing beast.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah fam what holds it back is it's special based movepull

Pink and green is a terrible colour scheme, one of my favourite Rider seasons uses it and I like the design but it's so off putting

You're just jealous your bird can't solo the ice gym
Scope Lens and Super Luck-boosted full-power Return critical hits killed Beartic ten times over while you were typing that.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Goku confirmed

I dunno, I feel like Endeavour's 'peak' would be him changing people's perception of him. Remember that time when he tried to shake that kid's hand? He ran away because he was so weirded out by how 'out of character' he was acting. I feel like if that Endeavour we saw was normalized while being the no.1 hero, and as a result having approval ratings that befit a no.1 hero (and not no.4), Dabi swooping in and revealing his abusive tendencies would have more impact on people's perception of him and result in larger backlash than it would now.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Doesn't Staraptor spread it's wings in one of it's Gen 4 sprites? If so then you can easily use their sprites for it. But yes drawings would be hype
Nope, it just stares down at its opponent like it's saying, "I could KO you with one Brave Bird." The generation 5 sprite uses the same model, only for its special movement that it occasionally does, it puts its foot down while letting out a cry.

D

Deleted member

The only Mega Evolutions I really want are the Johto Region's Starters, and I've already seen designs of them that pretty much cannot be bested.

I mean really. These are ****ing beast.
Johto just gets all kind of shated it's kinda sad. The fact both Gen 1 and 3 got Megas for their starters, yet 2 didn't is just a complete middlefinger, especially when all of them needed a buff to even be viable. But now they dropped Megas altogether so :/
I dunno, I feel like Endeavour's 'peak' would be him changing people's perception of him. Remember that time when he tried to shake that kid's hand? He ran away because he was so weirded out by how 'out of character' he was acting. I feel like if that Endeavour we saw was normalized while being the no.1 hero, and as a result having approval ratings that befit a no.1 hero (and not no.4), Dabi swooping in and revealing his abusive tendencies would have more impact on people's perception of him and result in larger backlash than it would now.
Again, this is his Kamino moment. People are cheering for their No.1 Hero. Dabi killing him now would be denying him any chance to improve as a Hero and a person which would be the perfect blow for Hero society: just as hype is surrounding the man, he gets killed.

D

Deleted member

Scope Lens and Sniper-boosted full-power Return critical hits killed Beartic ten times over while you were typing that.
252+ Atk Unfezant Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Beartic on a critical hit: 303-357 (91.5 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
It only has a 50% chance of killing your average Beartic.
:laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Competitively, Unfezant is garbage. You're only bet is to just meme it with Scope Lens/Super Luck and throw utility on it. Hypnosis, Tailwind and the like.

D

Deleted member

Imagine dedicating a whole 13-minute video to explaining why you can't snap a metal gauntlet
Screenshot_20180712-172105~2.png

That would be wild, right? Good thing no one will ever do something as stupid as that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
252+ Atk Unfezant Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Beartic on a critical hit: 303-357 (91.5 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
It only has a 50% chance of killing your average Beartic.
:laugh:
Once again you're posting without thinking of context.

Hint: the context was Brycen's Beartic...

D

Deleted member

I had the best dinner.
Guys, do not get mad. Please do not.
We were talking about jobs and they said if I would work well in Chuck E Cheese.

I said "Kids are not my specialty" and then they talked about that prequel meme even though I did not intend that to happen.

Trust me, I would never work at McDonalds or Chuck E Cheese in my life.

Then I said "Imagine if I was a stripper". I was not in trouble and no one was angry at me. My mother said "How do you even know what a stripper is?" and I said "I have known what a stripper is for years."

Everyone just went on their business. No one cared. :lol:

I would never become a stripper though. I am sure they know that.
Once again you're posting without thinking of context.

Hint: the context was Brycen's Beartic...
Dang it Opossum!
Why are you always so right? You are a genius!
I am not being sarcastic.

D

Deleted member

I had the best dinner.
Guys, do not get mad. Please do not.
We were talking about jobs and they said if I would work well in Chuck E Cheese.

I said "Kids are not my specialty" and then they talked about that prequel meme even though I did not intend that to happen.

Then I said "Imagine if I was a stripper". I was not in trouble and no one was angry at me. My mother said "How do you even know what a stripper is?" and I said "I have known what a stripper is for years."

Everyone just went on their business. No one cared. :lol:

I would never become a stripper though. I am sure they know that.
I'm not at you.
I'm mad at other people in this thread that made it relevant to you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Daily reminder that you're not a lesser person for working a minimum wage job. Better that than no job at all.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Johto just gets all kind of shated it's kinda sad. The fact both Gen 1 and 3 got Megas for their starters, yet 2 didn't is just a complete middlefinger, especially when all of them needed a buff to even be viable. But now they dropped Megas altogether so :/

Again, this is his Kamino moment. People are cheering for their No.1 Hero. Dabi killing him now would be denying him any chance to improve as a Hero and a person which would be the perfect blow for Hero society: just as hype is surrounding the man, he gets killed.

I get that, but I disagree with killing him at this point. People having knowledge of Endeavour's past actions and realising that this is the man they're putting the burden of being the number 1 hero, a man who abused their kids and ultimately put his wife in a mental hospital would have waaaay more impact that Endeavour just being killed off.

It happens all the time in real life too. Some big figurehead that people look up to has been exposed as either being an abusive person or w/e, and then their career and the public's faith in his of her's peers suddenly goes down the drain along with it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Time to jump on the bandwagon and rank the Pokemon starters too! :p
Here's mine...

1. Greninja- I loved him so much in generation 6 that I ended up using the frog as my secondary main in Smash 4 to complement my #1 main, Mario. This dude is wonderful :ultgreninja:
2. Blastoise- Been in love with the Blastoise line since the start. I love this pokemon.

3. Samurott
4. Sceptile

5. Venusaur- tragically underrated. While all my friends throughout school idolized Charizard, I always favored Blastoise and Venusaur. And, while I like Blastoise more, Venusaur has both a good design AND is really good in competitive play. Venusaur deserves more appreciation.
6. Infernape
7. Blaziken
8. Delphox
9. Empoleon
10. Feraligatr
11. Swampert
12. Typhlosion
13. Emboar- would've been top 5 if i did this list back in high school. But, my tastes have changed quite a bit since then.
14. Primarina

15. Serperior- Serperior is NOT superior to the others in my mind (lol), but is still pretty cool anyway.
16. Meganium
17. Torterra

18. Incineroar- some days I like the design, some days I don't. Really depends on my mood. Using Incineroar in battle can be fun.
19. Chestnaut
20. Decidueye

21. Charizard- never got the hype for Charizard. Always found him a bit overrated and I prefer the other Gen 1 starters in competitive play. Oops :p (There are plenty of pokemon I dislike more than Charizard, though).

Wow, that was hard to rank all of those pokemon. So many good ones in that starter list.

D

Deleted member

Daily reminder that you're not a lesser person for working a minimum wage job. Better that than no job at all.
True, but in Chuck E Cheese I would not want to be and to work with many little babies.
I will probably get a job when I am 16.
Time to jump on the bandwagon and rank the Pokemon starters too! :p
Here's mine...

1. Greninja- I loved him so much in generation 6 that I ended up using the frog as my secondary main in Smash 4 to complement my #1 main, Mario. This dude is wonderful :ultgreninja:
That is my favorite starter as well and thus you have an amazing taste.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Scope Lens and Super Luck-boosted full-power Return critical hits killed Beartic ten times over while you were typing that.
You aren't exactly helping your case when you admit you need items and a specific ability just to beat the ace of the ice gym when Staraptor only needs 2 moves it naturally learns by levelling up to do this to Candice's entire team
Detroit_Smash.gif

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I saved up enough money for a €2,500 PC with the best CPU and GPU for gaming on the consumer market on minimum wage.

Only took like quarter a year.

Jobs weren't great but that had more to do with management and co-workers than the jobs themselves.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
okay i woke up from my nap just to respond to this

but working at mcdonalds or chuck e cheese would be LIT

a discount on mcnuggets? free play coins or w/e they're called? DEAL

i'll gladly take orders and ask "u want some fries wit dat" or prance around in a mouse costume if it meant I could get free food or free coins

D

Deleted member

McDonalds food is gross I don't wanna work there kthxbye.

D

Deleted member

I get that, but I disagree with killing him at this point. People having knowledge of Endeavour's past actions and realising that this is the man they're putting the burden of being the number 1 hero, a man who abused their kids and ultimately put his wife in a mental hospital would have waaaay more impact that Endeavour just being killed off.

It happens all the time in real life too. Some big figurehead that people look up to has been exposed as either being an abusive person or w/e, and then their career and the public's faith in his of her's peers suddenly goes down the drain along with it.
I just don't think that's Dabi's style, especially if he's a Todoroki, he'll just want revenge. If he planned to reveal the whole thing from the start, he wouldn't have sent High End to kill Endeavor, which he totally expected judging from what he said at the end. I believe he's gonna at least "play with his food" a bit. Endeavor pushed his limits far too much and Hawks has lost his feathers. Brutally murdering No.1 Hero in live TV should be enough for him.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
McDonalds food is gross I don't wanna work there kthxbye.
I can't eat any fast food chicken other than McDonald's/Wendy's :laugh:

chicken from anywhere else hurts my stomach :'^((((((

so maybe that's why I'd love working at a Mickey D's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom