• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I wish this thread was not dead to be honest.
Even though I barely visit this thread, I will still continue to post here.

It looks good, but the only gripe I have is Palpatine returning just feels weird to me. I feel like they did it because they did not want to think of new villains and feared that no one would care about the villain because they had been just introduced. Darth Bane would have been a cooler choice too, considering he is canon ( Clone Wars is canon ). It also makes Vader's sacrifice a lot less impactful. They choose Palpatine because this character has a ton of lore and the nostalgia factor. Weird surprise, but the trailer looks good either way.
At least we're getting more Ian McDiarmid. He's great as Palpitine.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well will you say that after seeing D’vorah’s fatality in mk11?
That's the point of the second sentence, really.

I remember a cute spider who literally was on my Wii U Tablet. It comfortably put itself behind the left control stick. I had to be careful not to hurt the thing. They're also nice and fuzzy. :3

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nia Jax ****ing tore both of her ACLs
Never liked her but oof, that sucks.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So.

Got my Labo VR.

Built the headset.

Started in with minor queasiness within five or so minutes of putting the headset to my face.

Hoo.

Bright side, it actually looks pretty good all things considered. The visuals are legit and tracking is incredibly crisp and precise for a 3DOF. The software and almost all of the hardware is absolutely there.

That said, I can tell the framerate compared to my Oculus Go (a Vive comparison would be unfair) is pretty low, which I'm assuming is responsible for my nausea. Surprising nobody, the Switch needs just a little more power to really get this ball rolling.

It's about this time I'd like to remind folks of the long-rumored Switch refresh that the Wall Street Journal reported on in March.

The Switch's base features, tracking-wise, are perfectly fine for VR. If they follow that up with a chipset and screen that support a proper framerate/refresh rate (lest we delve into cost, I remind you the Go is $200 and has more than enough horsepower to function in this regard) and further support for its games (they've already thrown down the gauntlet somewhat with Odyssey and BotW; imagine XC2 in a similar vein to BotW or Metroid Prime 4 with full first-person helmet support), they could be assembling some Exodia **** here.

I'm a bit disappointed, but I remain optimistic.

Didn't get much in the way of playtime with Labo Vr itself yet, but the ones I did run with were alright and ****'s sake it is stuffed. Menu is full of minigames. I think they may have finally learned their lessons somewhat from the other Labo kits. Once I finish building the other Toy-Cons (and Windexing the **** out of my Switch screen, and maybe get a bite to eat) I'll let you know how those go.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got back from Shazam, and I enjoyed it. Not as child-friendly as I thought it would be (mainly due to language), but it was still a lot of fun while feeling like it would fit in the established DC universe. The whole theme of family felt natural, compared to how Suicide Squad tacked it on in the end despite never mentioning it beforehand. Doctor Sivana had a motivation that was easy to relate to when he could have just felt like another generic villain, and Billy had some solid character development.

Even though it clearly wasn't Henry Cavill, I still appreciated the Superman cameo. Also, I know very little about Shazam, but the appearance of Mister Mind does not seem to bode well. By my understanding, he's the Shazam equivalent of what Darkseid is to Superman - things tend to turn very serious when he's around, in spite of the fact that he's a worm that's slightly larger than normal.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I will love to say that Captain America has the best movie trilogy in superhero history...better than the Dark Knight trilogy

Avengers will have the best movie series in superhero history tho

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just got back from Shazam, and I enjoyed it. Not as child-friendly as I thought it would be (mainly due to language), but it was still a lot of fun while feeling like it would fit in the established DC universe. The whole theme of family felt natural, compared to how Suicide Squad tacked it on in the end despite never mentioning it beforehand. Doctor Sivana had a motivation that was easy to relate to when he could have just felt like another generic villain, and Billy had some solid character development.

Even though it clearly wasn't Henry Cavill, I still appreciated the Superman cameo. Also, I know very little about Shazam, but the appearance of Mister Mind does not seem to bode well. By my understanding, he's the Shazam equivalent of what Darkseid is to Superman - things tend to turn very serious when he's around, in spite of the fact that he's a worm that's slightly larger than normal.
Yeah Mister Mind is stupidly powerful, especially when evolved, but his main thing is bringing all the Shazam villains together, including Black Adam.

Chrono.

This Merged Zamasu boss in Heroes has been clapping my ass cheeks for hours now and I'm tilted.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
civil war is barely a captain america movie
The movie mainly focuses on Captain America, and the plot revolves around him and Bucky (Tony aswell, but he’s meant to be against Steve), so Civil War is still very much a Captain America movie. That’d be like saying Spider-Verse isn’t a Miles Morales movie or Batman V Superman isn't a Superman sequel

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Just saw that there's a new pinball machine based on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and it looks really cool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The movie mainly focuses on Captain America, and the plot revolves around him and Bucky (Tony aswell, but he’s meant to be against Steve), so Civil War is still very much a Captain America movie.
wow smh why did you forget about black panther

I guess that's true, but I expected more actual Captain America-specific stories, not just the government deal of Civil War. Then again, there's not that many well-known Captain America stories left that either involves him saying he loves Hydra or getting ****ing merced.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wow smh why did you forget about black panther

I guess that's true, but I expected more actual Captain America-specific stories, not just the government deal of Civil War. Then again, there's not that many well-known Captain America stories left that either involves him saying he loves Hydra or getting ****ing merced.
Didn’t forget about my King, but his still wasn’t as important as the Cap/Bucky feud with Stark (T’Challa was very important of course, 2nd most important plot in the movie...followed by the Wanda/Vision relationship kicking off and the first impressions of Spidey/Ant-Man)

Edit (cause I wanna): this site thread thing helps out also
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-“Capta...-America”-film-rather-than-an-“Avengers”-film

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so for the sake of getting the medals of beating every boss, i did have to finish BoTW again.

And rewatching the final cutscenes, I have a lot of questions/comments.

1. How did Zelda even get the whole Triforce? If she had it, why not wish for everything to be undone and that Ganon never existed instead of waiting a whole century to just seal him?

2. She literally mentions that Ganon isn't permanently sealed. That's pretty bull**** for all the efforts you and the entire country have gone through, but I guess you have to keep making these games and its obligatory timeline somehow.

3. The Korok Forest has its leaves change to a blossoming color (and the image of just one singular big ass tree) in the background instead of what it used to be. I don't know why, and I feel like the only person who's even noticed that change.

4. Seriously, why force me to do the boss grind as a postgame challenge? At least give me something else if you're just going to timewarp me back to before I even fought Ganon.

5. Zelda's smiles are horrifying to look at in cutscenes. She has no ****ing teeth.

6. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the endgame realm just being Hyrule Castle or just some type of Castle in general. Just me. Even if this incarnation is the best one yet in the series, I'd like a change. Why not make Hyrule Castle a first dungeon that acts like a tutorial of sorts with the end boss just being some super strong soldier in the army seeing if you're good enough?

7. Zelda confirms Fi is still alive but she can't even "talk to the voices in the sword" anymore. Then why mention it hoe

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
In today's episode of "**** I didn't expect to call right a year ago."

xgjecf53ql5yccoucuvw.jpg

Labo boyfriend was first.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
1. How did Zelda even get the whole Triforce? If she had it, why not wish for everything to be undone and that Ganon never existed instead of waiting a whole century to just seal him?
Game doesn't say much, so most of what I say will likely be headcanons to patch things up... for all answers... but...

For the whole Triforce thing, I imagine that, after over 10,000 years, its true meaning was forgotten, so it's merely used as a "sacred sealing power" that's transferred between generations. Otherwise, Ganon would already be dead thousands of years before he killed the Champions.

2. She literally mentions that Ganon isn't permanently sealed. That's pretty bull**** for all the efforts you and the entire country have gone through, but I guess you have to keep making these games and its obligatory timeline somehow.
Well, she did exactly as that little legend thing said, using her sealing powers to ward him off.

And judging by the events of the game, that seal worked equally as much as Zelda's.

3. The Korok Forest has its leaves change to a blossoming color (and the image of just one singular big *** tree) in the background instead of what it used to be. I don't know why, and I feel like the only person who's even noticed that change.
... Yeah, you're probably the only one. I assmuse it's to put emphasis on the Great Deku Tree though.

4. Seriously, why force me to do the boss grind as a postgame challenge? At least give me something else if you're just going to timewarp me back to before I even fought Ganon.
But how else are you going to fight all of the boring, uncreative bosses? :troll:

5. Zelda's smiles are horrifying to look at in cutscenes. She has no ****ing teeth.
Looks like her mom forgot to teach her how to brush her teeth, and she paid the price by losing all of them. :troll:

6. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the endgame realm just being Hyrule Castle or just some type of Castle in general. Just me. Even if this incarnation is the best one yet in the series, I'd like a change. Why not make Hyrule Castle a first dungeon that acts like a tutorial of sorts with the end boss just being some super strong soldier in the army seeing if you're good enough?
Knowing Nintendo, they'd likely make you come back to the Hyrule Castle tutorial dungeon, but redone to be more like a final challenge. :troll:

7. Zelda confirms Fi is still alive but she can't even "talk to the voices in the sword" anymore. Then why mention it hoe
Maybe Link asked offscreen? It's confirmed that this one can talk, but the pressure of being a hero make him too stressed to say what's on his mind. With Ganon taken care of, the pressure must've left too.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What the hell, I'll chime in.

You mean literally what they did the first time Hyrule Castle ever showed up?

431623.gif

Or as the background music puts it:

Duh-duh duh duh duhhhh duhhhh duh-duhhhhhhhh.

Maybe Link asked offscreen? It's confirmed that this one can talk, but the pressure of being a hero make him too stressed to say what's on his mind. With Ganon taken care of, the pressure must've left too.
Let's put on our thinking caps children.

So Memory #17, Zelda might well have just sat there weeping while Link failed the rest of his death saves if Fi hadn't piped up like:

Mostly Dead.png

- which snapped her out of it long enough for her to give the order to stuff Link in the Shrine of Resurrection. Talking to Fi is literally what saved Link's life.

I'd give a **** about any change in the disposition of the thing that saved my scrawny I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Elf ass too, especially if that thing had been murdering the **** out of every flora, fauna, and fabrication from here to Hyrule Castle and occasionally shot ****ing laser beams when I swung it. Doubly so if it meant that it couldn't do those things anymore. Because that would suck. That would at least explain why Link would want to hear about it.

Additionally from Skyward Sword we know that when Fi figures her job is done she leaves the hero to his own devices and shuts up for a good long time. That's really more for us, the players, kind of sticking a pin in **** narratively and saying "yeah fam you're done now," which is why it's just this offhand thing.

And it's just Zelda musing for the hell of it on how she's okay with being basically normal now. Which I call shenanigans on, but whatever, we don't see her pull any more shiny bows out, I can't argue it.

But most importantly of all it's so when Link later wonders why his Master Sword ain't performing like it used to he doesn't have recourse to say then why didn't you mention it hoe.

1545376170265.png

Y'know. Paraphrasing and ****.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The director for "Kong: Skull Island" has seen Detective Pikachu and shared his thoughts

:b:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The director for "Kong: Skull Island" has seen Detective Pikachu and shared his thoughts

:b:
It's **** like this that makes me feel people really exaggerated how good Iron Man 1 was

D

Deleted member

I frequently see people put at least one of them in their top 5 MCU movies.

Even in a post Ragnarok and Black Panther world.
1 was... Okay I guess
2 was bad, really bad
3 was a big ass disappointment and wasted potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom