• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Avengers Endgame got me dead as **** and am trying to rehab by watching the latest Empire...not helping at all

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think the hard thing is creating another story given the heavy World War II elements. There's only so much you can do with that time period and we all saw what happened with VC2; which hopefully Three Houses won't end up being. Aside from maybe doing the first Europa war, the 1930's is a pretty distinct time period that is less flexible than swords & sorcery or Sci-Fi.
To be fair, while VC has a WWII elements, the setting of two super powers Atlantic Federation and Imperial reflects the Cold War's NATO vs Warsaw Pact as well.
In my opinion, VC2 story was taking a different kind of direct, it's very similar to how Legend of Heros Trails Cold Steel was as well. Also, if you look at VC4 scout Azuna's Personnel description... it's somewhat giving a sneak peak on how could the next Valkyria Chronicles be set. Really... obviouly Europa isn't the only continent, a new VC game setting in different wars can be interesting.
And VC2 was probably due to the hardware limitation of PSP... so SEGA knew VC is more of a game to be on portable...
I mean... this meme pic explains it all lol:

Eh, VC2 is more like Valkyria Academia or Valkyria Trails of Cold Steel lol.

Valkyria Chronicles got me through the drought of international Fire Emblem releases between Shadow Dragon & Awakening. It's definitely the easier series given the kinetic battle system by design would be unplayable if it required the same fortitude as traditional Fire Emblem does.
I see, Valkyria Chronicles 4 was my "2018 must-get" along with Octopath and Smash Ultimate... it was also somewhat of a drought through game after I finish XC2 and until I got Smash Ultimate as well.

Speaking of XC2, I know this comparison is weird... I notice how VC4 have some characters a bit similar to some XC2 characters.
Claude is like Rex, Raz is kind of like Reyn or Zeke, Kai hands down looks just like Morag, and then Rily is kind of Mythra. These aren't exact same, just some design similarities...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the ygo trend is pulling me back in

ojama overlord is boutta drop some new cash on cards like the sore loser he is

One Piece is cursed to not get a good game at this point.
doesnt it have an open world game coming out

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wild prediction: the theme for the Galar starter evos is going to be "art".
One will be a painter, one will be a film director and one will be a musician.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wild prediction: the theme for the Galar starter evos is going to be "art".
One will be a painter, one will be a film director and one will be a musician.
if youre trying to be english then

1 is a knight
1 is shakespeare
1 is a wizard, harry

Last edited:

Chrono.

its not even out yet idon how can you determine is quality
Well, for starters, it looks bland as hell. The world is unique to the game and it looks like stock UE4 layout. To be fair to the devs, it's not easy to make an open world game and making one based on one of OP's existing locations might've been too much.

Aside from that, the game just looks not really exciting to play. Combat doesn't even look flashy enough to hide the simpleness of it.

It just looks aggressively mediocre.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One Piece is cursed to not get a good game at this point.
You never know - Arc System Works made an average 3DS Dragon Ball Z fighting game (it wasn't much more than a button masher, though it had fantastic sprites) that heavily inspired Dragon Ball FighterZ in terms of its roster and animations.

They also made a similar One Piece game for the 3DS (so similar that it was possible to have a person with the One Piece game play a versus match against a person with the Dragon Ball game), and once they finish the second DLC season for Dragon Ball FighterZ (at which point they'll be up to date on the series as a whole), I could see Arc System Works working on a One Piece game in the style of FighterZ next.

Louise

Smash Cadet
hi everyone does anyone here play arms or mario kart 8 deluxe looking for more people to play with

Chrono.

Finished the Bount arc.

It gets a hard C from me. Started off relatively interesting but it lost me by the middle. Final battle was extremely meh.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Finally got caught up on Arrested Development, at least until tomorrow. It's been a while since I watched it, so I'm surprised that some plot lines from season 4 (like Fakeblock) are still a big part of the story. I don't know if it's just me, but Michael and Tobias seem a lot less likeable in this season. It's still a funny series, though, and I'll probably binge-watch the episodes that come out tomorrow. (I find it much easier to binge watch half-hour comedy series than hour-long dramas like Breaking Bad or the Netflix Marvel shows)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
**** man i'm so tired being at a job interview and a job fair all day. Felt like it went forever.

And the dilemma is that I can't sleep for another 4-5 hours or else my sleep schedule is screwed.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey, DarkAuraful DarkAuraful . Did Warriors Orochi 4 end up being any good? Never even picked it up. I was kind of disappointed that they cut the guest characters.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I learned that Ian Flynn will have something to say about the ARMS graphic novel this Monday.

I really hope it's good news.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hey, DarkAuraful DarkAuraful . Did Warriors Orochi 4 end up being any good? Never even picked it up. I was kind of disappointed that they cut the guest characters.
My only exposure to the game was through my older brother's PS4 at his place but I actually haven't played it alot enough to form an good opinion about the game.

I guess what I can say about the newcomers, is that their movesets are over-the-top and crazy. Athena is probably my favorite newcomer god to play as.

I did like how there's an option in the camp where it allows testing for movesets to see if you like well enough I suppose?

I didn't actually go through the story mode so I can't really say much for those, stages or the DLC content.

My apologies if what I'm saying isn't much information. I didn't really play much of WO4, and to be honest, my interest in the game kinda died at some point.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparently works of light has 15 character placeholders in it that. 16 technically but plant gang takes up one of these.

So take that as you will

Chrono.

Apparently works of light has 15 character placeholders in it that. 16 technically but plant gang takes up one of these.

So take that as you will
Probably just placeholder slots just in case they do make that amount of characters. Not a hard confirm by any means.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

So take that as you will
The character select screen has 30 placeholder slots (6 of which are Piranha Plant and the Fighters Pass)

Pretty sure it's only for testing purposes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The character select screen has 30 placeholder slots (6 of which are Piranha Plant and the Fighters Pass)

Pretty sure it's only for testing purposes.
possibly but makes no sense that it would have half of what the css placeholders were

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

So take that as you will
I don't think it's likely but what if those 10 other slots were for Echo Fighters?

Or rather every DLC character came with their own Echo Fighter and the roster we have now also gets 5 additional Echo's?

Unlikely probably but would be nice.

Chrono.

I don't think it's likely but what if those 10 other slots were for Echo Fighters?

Or rather every DLC character came with their own Echo Fighter and the roster we have now also gets 5 additional Echo's?

Unlikely probably but would be nice.
Maybe but right off the bat there's no character Joker could get an echo out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom