• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The FeH Manga's latest Chapter:
A Chapter that brings hope to the day that all will be unified under one sky. Wonder what F/Grand Order's latest chapters are about:

Love! Drama! Mystery! And no idea what the heck is happening! Well, that's Riyo for you.

I wonder when the FeH Manga will have a moment in detailing Support between allies aside from that one moment with Veronica and Xander.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You know what would be cool. High heel boots but the heel is like a ****ing bowie knife or something.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know what would be cool. High heel boots but the heel is like a ****ing bowie knife or something.
They had something similar in A Series of Unfortunate Events (though it was high heeled shoes with stiletto knives for the heels). One downside is that the character couldn't walk properly because she kept stabbing the ground with every step.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They had something similar in A Series of Unfortunate Events (though it was high heeled shoes with stiletto knives for the heels). One downside is that the character couldn't walk properly because she kept stabbing the ground with every step.
I need to finish the final season of that show.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of tv shows, season 5b of arrested development releases THIS FRIDAY <3 <3 <3
Here's hoping that it resolves the messy plot from 5a.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I need to finish the final season of that show.
I wasn't even aware that the final season was out yet until recently; I still need to finish the first season.
Speaking of tv shows, season 5b of arrested development releases THIS FRIDAY <3 <3 <3
Here's hoping that it resolves the messy plot from 5a.
I'll have to finish the first part of season 5; I wasn't aware that it was coming out so soon!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When there's a sandstorm and even a lightning or two outside but you gotta go out and run to buy tortillas

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Right, I'm going to burn down your house.

Don't even think about trying to stop me.
But...you’re my house...does that mean you’ll burn yourself down?
Zinith is now one step closer to destroy humanity now.

Based
Hey Shaggy...is Zinith Zinith AKA Zinith closer to destroying humanity or not?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Megadoomer Megadoomer I flipping love AD, even though season 5 has been weird so far. I love GOB's arc, but every other arc is either disappointing or just...weak.

My opinions on AD seasons:
Season 1- 10/10
Season 2- 10/10
Season 3- 10/10
At this point, AD was my favorite comedy of all time

Season 4- 8/10
Had issues but overall still a lot of fun

Season 5A- 5/10
GOB and Tony Wonder carried 5A. Lucille Ostello's story didn't get enough air time, Lucille Bluth (my favorite character) was barely present, and the other main cast members went down the path of flanderization. 5B COULD turn season 5 around and actually be solid, and I hope it does...because 5A is something that just doesn't feel right.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Update: Wind almost knocks me twice, my eyes have sand... but got my tortillas :denzel:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you ever hate that feeling of when you sleep on a body part and it aches for like the next 2 days

like damn i couldnt control how i move in my sleep why i gotta suffer from it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
you ever hate that feeling of when you sleep on a body part and it aches for like the next 2 days

like damn i couldnt control how i move in my sleep why i gotta suffer from it
That always sucks

Chrono.

The Messenger's free DLC will be out by summer. Pretty excited, Messenger was one of the best games I played last year.

I know some weren't fans of the genre shift in the middle (I know in particular Ash from GameXplain really disliked the game after that), but for me it only made it better. Even went out of my way to 100% it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so i learned that you dont actually need every korok seed to expand your whole stash; only 451.

so now i dont know if i still want to collect them all or not, because i still have 4 regions that i did not even get a single korok seed in

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
so i learned that you dont actually need every korok seed to expand your whole stash; only 451.

so now i dont know if i still want to collect them all or not, because i still have 4 regions that i did not even get a single korok seed in
part of the reason I quit playing botw was the korok seeds LOL

My inventory was so small and it always frustrated me since I didn't know why it had to be tied to the korok seeds, it didn't make sense to me and it just made me mad

even now I think I never got more than like 20 :laugh:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's too late friend. I've already purchased it. Now I shall immerse myself in my true culture.
Well then...guess you couldn’t control your urges (oh well)

Empire starts back up today...and it could also be canceled due to certain scandals...better not get put down

Chrono.

This game keeps looking pretty fun honestly. It's gonna be like 20 bucks so I'm likely to cop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This game keeps looking pretty fun honestly. It's gonna be like 20 bucks so I'm likely to cop.

It's gotta have a Blue Ranger at some point too. Maybe that one guy who was also a Purple Ranger, since that's pretty rare.

Also, like Idon mentioned. Quantum Ranger, so we can get MOTIVATED!!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can’t wait to watch the latest Empire...on Hulu cause tv is too much work

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gimme more Kid Icarus Nintendo and/or Daddy Sakurai

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While I have had a great time playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 and despite being a well received game, it didn't became a massive seller apparently. Not saying it flopped but similar with Ni No Kuni II last year, they are the most underrated games in 2018, in my opinion. Not to mention SEGA made a poll on VC4 and it showed people prefer VC4 on Switch, so why it didn't sell as well as it's previous titles? You have JRPGs like Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 being a hit, so just what's the problem?

Unfortunately I really couldn't explain much on the PS4 and PC side besides the fact that they had more Xbox One on the other was destined to flop since not much Xbox One owner are fond with JRPGs. Nintendo Switch on the other hand, I can see some reason why...

Valkyria Chronicles 4 was never promoted and marketed that well on Nintendo Switch, first with Valkyria Chronicles 4 being shadow dropped to the console, Nintendo themselves never release that much ads or trailers on the game. REALLY, I tried to search on Youtube and type "Valkyria Chronicles 4 Nintendo Switch Trailer". All I saw that were from the NA Nintendo channel were these two trailers:
Not to mention Valkyria Chronicles 4 was never mentioned in any Nintendo Directs as well... if it had appeared in Nintendo Direct by showing the gameplay, story and release date, the sales of VC4 might had a different outcome

So it's a shame that Valkyria Chronicles 4 wasn't a huge hit, I hope the sales won't affect SEGA making another Valkyria Chronicles sequel, if they do they have to change their marketing strategy on the game.

----

After a while since I saved this post, I finally manage to finish story of Valkyria Chronicles 4...
Not gonna go to any spoilers, besides the fact that there's a normal ending and a true ending which... wasn't really that better actually lol. That being said, the story was still solid in my opinion and I probably like the plot of VC4 way more than XC2.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
While I have had a great time playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 and despite being a well received game, it didn't became a massive seller apparently. Not saying it flopped but similar with Ni No Kuni II last year, they are the most underrated games in 2018, in my opinion. Not to mention SEGA made a poll on VC4 and it showed people prefer VC4 on Switch, so why it didn't sell as well as it's previous titles? You have JRPGs like Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 being a hit, so just what's the problem?

Unfortunately I really couldn't explain much on the PS4 and PC side besides the fact that they had more Xbox One on the other was destined to flop since not much Xbox One owner are fond with JRPGs. Nintendo Switch on the other hand, I can see some reason why...

Valkyria Chronicles 4 was never promoted and marketed that well on Nintendo Switch, first with Valkyria Chronicles 4 being shadow dropped to the console, Nintendo themselves never release that much ads or trailers on the game. REALLY, I tried to search on Youtube and type "Valkyria Chronicles 4 Nintendo Switch Trailer". All I saw that were from the NA Nintendo channel were these two trailers:

Not to mention Valkyria Chronicles 4 was never mentioned in any Nintendo Directs as well... if it had appeared in Nintendo Direct by showing the gameplay, story and release date, the sales of VC4 might had a different outcome

So it's a shame that Valkyria Chronicles 4 wasn't a huge hit, I hope the sales won't affect SEGA making another Valkyria Chronicles sequel, if they do they have to change their marketing strategy on the game.

----

After a while since I saved this post, I finally manage to finish story of Valkyria Chronicles 4...
Not gonna go to any spoilers, besides the fact that there's a normal ending and a true ending which... wasn't really that better actually lol. That being said, the story was still solid in my opinion and I probably like the plot of VC4 way more than XC2.
SEGA is notoriously bad at advertising. Even for Sonic games they often release with little fanfare and that's because SEGA doesn't promote their games. At all.

While I have yet to play Valkyria Chronicles 4, I love the first, I can definitely see that it is a very special game. All in all, though VC will always appeal to a very niche audience and that niche audience was probably all over VC4 from the beginning. Could VC4 have done better given a better promotional campaign? Definitely, but I think in the end the sales of VC are always going to be on the low end and I think SEGA knows that. And that's fine. Not all great games have to be blockbuster hits. It'd be nice if they were but VC4 still made enough, at least I think, to warrant a 5th and in my opinion that's all that really matters to me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If Fire Emblem Awakening is any indication, advertising can go a long way for promoting the niche genre of tactical RPGs. I've heard the Langrisser series has benefited immensely from the recent mobile game as well.

Unfortunately SEGA as a whole doesn't seem to put much stock into their RPGs especially outside of Japan (we're still waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2). I'm still surprised there wasn't any Phantasy Star, Valkyria Chronicles, Shining Force, or even Sakura Wars reps in the many SEGA crossover titles the past two console generations. Heck, I'm even more shocked that they haven't let Atlus take a crack at any of those franchises yet.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You ever just read something that's just aggressively Mexican?

I mean, a Mexican gonna Mexican :V

The fate of the tortillas was becoming Tacos al Pastor, with guacamole... and a bit of dust as it was everywhere.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
SEGA is notoriously bad at advertising. Even for Sonic games they often release with little fanfare and that's because SEGA doesn't promote their games. At all.
I somewhat have to disagree a bit when it comes to SEGA bad at promoting games in general, not saying they are good though, I just think they way the promote their game are often questionable at times.

I have did some search and at least on Youtube they have release some good trailers... but they are on SEGA YT Channel and Playstation channels... I get that Valkyria Chronicles have always been on Playstation platforms so they will focus on that, but they really should have promote more on the Nintendo Switch side.

While I have yet to play Valkyria Chronicles 4, I love the first, I can definitely see that it is a very special game. All in all, though VC will always appeal to a very niche audience and that niche audience was probably all over VC4 from the beginning.
I have finished VC4 main story, and currently playing the first, I can safely say you will enjoy VC4 if you like VC1, because while many said VC4 is basically VC1.5. I sort of disagree since it has improved a lot of what VC1 had.
Moreover to the "niche" audience, I don't think "niche" really matters since any game can pull more audience if they are trying.
Could VC4 have done better given a better promotional campaign? Definitely, but I think in the end the sales of VC are always going to be on the low end and I think SEGA knows that. And that's fine. Not all great games have to be blockbuster hits. It'd be nice if they were but VC4 still made enough, at least I think, to warrant a 5th and in my opinion that's all that really matters to me.
I'm not saying VC4 has to become blockbuster hits either lol, it's more like VC4 is surely not that successful but I wouldn't call it a complete flop either...

What's a bit pity is on the Nintendo Switch version (Gonna be a bit fanboyish here so bear with me...) yeah... it pretty much flopped, but it was an obvious flop since like I said, neither SEGA nor Nintendo did a good promote on the Switch version. The Switch version comes 6 months late than the Japanese PS4 version... that being said, I still stand by think that VC4 could have did better on Nintendo Switch because it is a kind of game that's better to play on a hybrid console.

What's concerning is that you will have naysayers use VC4 as a example that "Nintendo Switch users don't even buy Japanese third party games", yet they didn't put the marketing in mind... you have DQ XI S, hope this one sells well...

If Fire Emblem Awakening is any indication, advertising can go a long way for promoting the niche genre of tactical RPGs. I've heard the Langrisser series has benefited immensely from the recent mobile game as well.
Same with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it was revealed in the Switch presentation, it was mentioned in all of Directs in 2017, and it even had its own Direct. So yeah, it's really the advertising that is one of the cause for VC4 low Switch sale despite being a very good game.
Unfortunately SEGA as a whole doesn't seem to put much stock into their RPGs especially outside of Japan (we're still waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2). I'm still surprised there wasn't any Phantasy Star, Valkyria Chronicles, Shining Force, or even Sakura Wars reps in the many SEGA crossover titles the past two console generations. Heck, I'm even more shocked that they haven't let Atlus take a crack at any of those franchises yet.
I don't know, when it comes to Valkyria Chronicles at least, I think they can keep their original style and continue to play it safe... I mean Valkyria Chronicles world build is so in depth that I can see they can easily make another good sequel with it.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I might mention this before, if you like Fire Emblem chances are Valkyria Chronicles is a great alternative. However, I can see Valkyria Chronicles being a bit too easy to some who already good at Fire Emblem.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Same with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it was revealed in the Switch presentation, it was mentioned in all of Directs in 2017, and it even had its own Direct. So yeah, it's really the advertising that is one of the cause for VC4 low Switch sale despite being a very good game.

I don't know, when it comes to Valkyria Chronicles at least, I think they can keep their original style and continue to play it safe... I mean Valkyria Chronicles world build is so in depth that I can see they can easily make another good sequel with it.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I might mention this before, if you like Fire Emblem chances are Valkyria Chronicles is a great alternative. However, I can see Valkyria Chronicles being a bit too easy to some who already good at Fire Emblem.
I think the hard thing is creating another story given the heavy World War II elements. There's only so much you can do with that time period and we all saw what happened with VC2; which hopefully Three Houses won't end up being. Aside from maybe doing the first Europa war, the 1930's is a pretty distinct time period that is less flexible than swords & sorcery or Sci-Fi.

Valkyria Chronicles got me through the drought of international Fire Emblem releases between Shadow Dragon & Awakening. It's definitely the easier series given the kinetic battle system by design would be unplayable if it required the same fortitude as traditional Fire Emblem does.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've seen a lot of game journalists suck at DMC and whine about it, but this might just be my favorite headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom