• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Funny, I was just thinking about finally starting on HxH too after hearing for so long how good it was. I loved YYH though so I'm hoping there's some similarities.
The main 4 are pretty much the first thing you'll notice, all of them have the same basic base trope as the YYH quartet (kinda meathead MC, the aloof assassin, the polite guy hiding some dark secrets and the 4th wheel.)

Though that's as far as the similarities go, all of them are very different from the YYH crew right off the bat. It's just really easy to notice Togashi used those 4 as a template.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What all has been going on with you?
Mostly self-inflicted drama from a mix of getting hung up on people and situations I can't affect and being apathetic where I have some agency.

**** that's better in an especially angsty novel or my journal than here, in other words.

Don't worry too much about me though, just needed to release a mental valve more than anything. Feel better having slept it off some.

thats everyone though
I mean.

That's not wrong.

Oh no not the egg.

The Shield is finally done for
Oh no not the shield.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh no not the shield.
No more of the

Sierra
Hotel
India
Echo
Lima
Delta

That began one of WWE’s greatest stables of all time (now if only they didn’t do a last time multiple times...but atleast this last last time ended in a victory)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hi peeps. How is everyone?
Pretty good. I got the day off of work, so I'm going to use it to relax and catch up on my game backlog. (torn between Persona 5, Final Fantasy 7, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario World, or Devil May Cry 5)

Chrono.

MK11 reviews are out and most of them basically read like "The customization aspect the entire game and marketing was based around on is an unfun predatory grindfest but the gameplay is okay - 9/10"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aww.

Don't sweat it, we still love you. Thread's just hella empty.

I think Ultimate Social kinda cannibalized NZ recently.
Don't worry. We'll be back on top after Smash Ultimate runs it's course. :)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Jax's ending is awesome lol.

I don't think a lot of thought went into that...

There's the in-universe layer in which everyone else who's not black is still enslaved by Shao Kahn (Out of character for Jax) .

And then there's the out of universe implications of what that says to someone of color (like me)

'All the struggles and achievements that your people have gone through don't matter. '

Its not as simple as 'Slavery bad, no slavery good'.

When you remove this you take everything else that goes with it, and that's offensive.

Marcus Garvey

Malcolm X

Martin Luther King

Madame CJ Walker

Geroge Washington Carver

With Jax's ending in mind all these people never came to be.

The amount of ignorance one has to be under to put out something like this is pretty astonishing.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Of course it didn't, it's a non canon ending for a fantasy fighting game lol.

It's just a pretty cool ending.
Its REALLY not for the reasons I just said. But you know what, I'm done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom