• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ah, april 21st 2019

the day im now legal and the day where the queen of england is another year past expiration date

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
that makes 0 sense
It’s supposed to be the Endgame epilogue and all, but kicking off a new phase would’ve been better
There's a 4th phase?
Yeah. Endgame is the end of the Infinity Saga (aka the 11 year journey) and FFH is it’s epilogue/beginning of the new era of the MCU, with the likes of Guardians vol.3, another Black Panther, and Eternals happening
I... Really couldn't remember that part, it might be just because I haven't watch the movie for a while so yeah, we can agree to disagree with the fact I don't think Infinity War has any memorable soundtrack.

That's the point lol.
And that made the evacuation of Sukovia a bit pointless... Since that means there were devastating casualties.
Thus I think it is also safe to say that Avengers Age of Ultron is definitely the least good Avengers movie...
I wouldn’t say it was pointless, but not saving everyone is also kinda realistic (Marvel wise especially)

And yeah Ultron was/is/always will be the weakest Avengers movie in the MCU

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It’s supposed to be the Endgame epilogue and all, but kicking off a new phase would’ve been better
Really? I thought I have heard Far From Home is the start of phase 4. But then they've said movies before Endgame is also a huge Infinity series...
Tbh, I never really cared much about the MCU phases anyway.

I wouldn’t say it was pointless, but not saving everyone is also kinda realistic (Marvel wise especially)

What's realistic was how it affected Civil War and the Avengers after the Age of Ultron...
To be fair the movie successfully created the inevitable tension among the Avengers.

Also once you are done with MCU if you have time, watching DC Extended Universe movie will also be interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since I mentioned one bubble spell earlier, here's the other one I found via IGN. Though it was on Gamespot at one point.

Due to the elements being 1 each, it's safe to assume this is the actual base Water spell. Water Pillar was probably not thought up just yet. Despite the projectile factor, Water Pillar is still highly effective even with close range. Considering Water is far more of a thing with utility spells in the final game, they probably wanted to keep it the least projectile-based, where the other elements heavily covered that in some way. You are expected to collect tons of floating wisps along the way, so having a lot of variety isn't that hard. Even if you collect every spirit, by around the third main dungeon, you can have at least 20 in each. Though visiting the first bonus dungeon is a must for 100% completion.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why wouldn't there be

No seriously though, a Spider-Man movie ending the phase? What the hell is Peter gonna do, open a rift that summons Dormammu?
Seems logical. If they're going to build up to a Sinister Six movie, they might as well use the best version of the team (basically, think "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", but with supervillains), and Dormammu's clearly part of that team - he's just keeping his membership a secret to surprise anyone who goes up against them!

On a serious note, phase 2 ended with Ant-Man, so it's not unheard of to end with something more comedic/light-hearted.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Seems logical. If they're going to build up to a Sinister Six movie, they might as well use the best version of the team (basically, think "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", but with supervillains), and Dormammu's clearly part of that team - he's just keeping his membership a secret to surprise anyone who goes up against them!

On a serious note, phase 2 ended with Ant-Man, so it's not unheard of to end with something more comedic/light-hearted.
It does seem a little strange to end 10+ years of movies like that with a Spider-Man movie than Endgame itself tho.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It does seem a little strange to end 10+ years of movies like that with a Spider-Man movie than Endgame itself tho.
Yeah, it does, but I guess it can't be helped considering the timing. It seems like it would be weird to say "phase 3 ends with Avengers Endgame, and phase 4 (or whatever they're calling it) starts two or three months later with Spider-Man: Far From Home".

I'm hoping that, whenever they announce phase 4, they'll start it off by announcing a Fantastic Four movie; it just seems fitting (even if it likely won't release first, considering the buzz about movies for Black Widow and the Eternals, along with various sequels)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Really? I thought I have heard Far From Home is the start of phase 4. But then they've said movies before Endgame is also a huge Infinity series...
Tbh, I never really cared much about the MCU phases anyway.

What's realistic was how it affected Civil War and the Avengers after the Age of Ultron...

To be fair the movie successfully created the inevitable tension among the Avengers.

Also once you are done with MCU if you have time, watching DC Extended Universe movie will also be interesting.
Guess they decided to have Spidey end the entire Infinity Saga as an epilogue or something

The realism was more towards Civil War showing how the heroes can’t save everybody like how it usually was (not showing anybody die from the usual hero saving until Civil War was well done, kinda nerfing their “hero invincibility”)

AoU created a lot of things (buildup for Ragnarok, Civil War, Black Widow movie, the possible fates of Cap and Stark, etc.)

I’d rather not do a DCEU marathon...it’d only be three movies (maybe 4) anyways
Yeah, it does, but I guess it can't be helped considering the timing. It seems like it would be weird to say "phase 3 ends with Avengers Endgame, and phase 4 (or whatever they're calling it) starts two or three months later with Spider-Man: Far From Home".

I'm hoping that, whenever they announce phase 4, they'll start it off by announcing a Fantastic Four movie; it just seems fitting (even if it likely won't release first, considering the buzz about movies for Black Widow and the Eternals, along with various sequels)
Not sure if they’d talk any Marvel movie from X-Men or Fantastic Four just yet (the Fox buyout only happened last month), but that wouldn’t be a bad thing to have occur...or even a Deadpool 3 set in the MCU instantly

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Happy Easter everyone!

So far I've been having a lot of fun with Joker, but I'm not sure if he's going to be one of my mains yet, since I'm already trying to play 3 characters well (and those 3 are also 3 of the hardest to get the hang of), as well as my 3 secondaries.
I'll definitely still want to play him for fun though.
------------------------------------
On a different note, I beat Castlevania: Rondo of Blood the other day.

Out of the Castlevania games that I've played, I'm not sure whether I enjoyed Rondo of Blood or Super Castlevania IV the best. Either way, I really loved playing Rondo of Blood. I enjoyed the fact that the level design in the game allowed for more exploration, with most stages having more than one path that you can go through. I also felt like the difficulty of the game was always just right, even though it is easier than most other Classicvanias.

The soundtrack of the game is amazing as well. Aside from that, though, I don't really have a whole lot else to say about it other than that I really enjoyed the game.

I've also now started Symphony of the Night. I haven't gotten very far in the game yet (to be specific, I've gotten to the first save point in the Alchemy Laboratory), but what I've played has been really good. It feels a little weird to have as much movement as Alucard does, but I'll get used to it eventually.
-----------------------------------
I also ended up finishing Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology recently. Well, I finished the story of the original game, that is, not any of the new content that was added to the remake, since it was my first time playing through it.

I could say a lot about the game if I wanted to, but I'll try to keep things brief.
The game as a whole is quite a hidden gem that I don't really see people talking about compared to Atlus's other games. It has a very mature story with some fantastic characters and villains, and the soundtrack is simply amazing, despite there not being that many tracks in the game.

After playing it, it is definitely my favorite Atlus game, despite having only played 2 Atlus games.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm currently writing an essay on defining "Fake News" for my University composition assignment... and also make a thesis statement
A bit odd that while I have many ideas and point to make regarding fake news, I'm also having a bit of trouble making comparison on the topic. If anyone has any comparison examples to make up I am all ears.
I’d rather not do a DCEU marathon...it’d only be three movies (maybe 4) anyways
Yeah... and most of them aren't good anyway... but still worth watching imo.
I recommend Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam! though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I am all for this solely because of Beetle

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

obamacare? in my marvel comics?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah... and most of them aren't good anyway... but still worth watching imo.
I recommend Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam! though.
Those were the three I was talking about (4th would possibly be Justice League but only for Flash...but at the same time not worth a few characters I can see in their own movies)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure if they’d talk any Marvel movie from X-Men or Fantastic Four just yet (the Fox buyout only happened last month), but that wouldn’t be a bad thing to have occur...or even a Deadpool 3 set in the MCU instantly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVdHK9sY3zM - Might have minor language.

I think the best idea I've heard came from the CUPodcast, which is to have Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool show up during the 2nd Post Credits scene and complain/swear about being late for the party. It would be quick and easy to film, just have him show up on set for a few hours, not unlike the shawarma scene.

Fantastic Four I think would be best if they do something akin to a period piece/prequel like Captain America. A story set in the 60s/70s I think could be interesting. Hardest part IMO would be finding the right actors and doing Doctor Doom justice/building him up properly.

X-Men needs a short hiatus. I'm sure they have some idea of what they want to do with it, but would still need to make sure that the Fox series is somewhat out of the public mind and to find the right people for what would be a large cast. The Russo Bros. offering to direct would be fantastic given their experiences with ensemble films.

Deadpool, I'm not sure how you'd connect to the MCU, but I'm sure Marvel/Reynolds can come up with some sort of amusing, maybe non-sequitur, reason.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Deadpool, I'm not sure how you'd connect to the MCU, but I'm sure Marvel/Reynolds can come up with some sort of amusing, maybe non-sequitur, reason.
Civil War 2.

Literally connect multiverses together by the power of Mickey Mouses' immense wealth BRING BACK FOX QUICKSILVER PLEASE GOD

D

Deleted member

Hello NintenZone!
Did they add any Easter characters in FEH yet?
Also, I am trying to read and study French everyday.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well holidays are over for me, was nice to get a week of relax. Now back to not having free time at all lol.

Either way I managed to catch up on a couple of anime I had to watch, so I'm up to date with JoJo part 5, and I also watched The Promised Neverland and Mob Psycho II. TPN was fine, but I guess I have too much of a twisted mind so I predicted many of the plot twists (only watched it because my brother read the manga and said it was neat).

Mob on the other hand was so damn good, it's such a wholesome season and if you ever feel down about your life, man this show is for you. I found it's message really touching and I will definitely have it on my mind every time I talk with friends and family.

Also can't believe End Game is next Friday, time sure flies. Already have the tickets bought, it's gonna be one hell of a party.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm a pile of overcomplicated emotions and bad decisions.

Don't be me kiddies. Happy Easter.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVdHK9sY3zM - Might have minor language.

I think the best idea I've heard came from the CUPodcast, which is to have Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool show up during the 2nd Post Credits scene and complain/swear about being late for the party. It would be quick and easy to film, just have him show up on set for a few hours, not unlike the shawarma scene.

Fantastic Four I think would be best if they do something akin to a period piece/prequel like Captain America. A story set in the 60s/70s I think could be interesting. Hardest part IMO would be finding the right actors and doing Doctor Doom justice/building him up properly.

X-Men needs a short hiatus. I'm sure they have some idea of what they want to do with it, but would still need to make sure that the Fox series is somewhat out of the public mind and to find the right people for what would be a large cast. The Russo Bros. offering to direct would be fantastic given their experiences with ensemble films.

A Fantastic Four prequel might be the best way to introduce them to the MCU (I usually thought they’d have existed like Hank Pym, but were accidentally stuck in another dimension, leading to most people forgetting them or something)

X-Men getting a break...needed, especially after the finale known as Logan and the beginning of newish franchise Deadpool (who should just Deadpool his way into the MCU)
Civil War 2.

Literally connect multiverses together by the power of Mickey Mouses' immense wealth BRING BACK FOX QUICKSILVER PLEASE GOD
Why not go down the Secret Wars (2015) route instead?

D

Deleted member

Damn, Togashi's art is... really bad, huh. Don't mean to **** on the guy(especially since it's likely a consequence of his health issues) but 1) the anime adaptations really are what make HxH pretty and 2) you din't need to have stunning art for your manga to succeed and I thought ONE was the only exception on that but I guess not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Damn, Togashi's art is... really bad, huh. Don't mean to **** on the guy(especially since it's likely a consequence of his health issues) but 1) the anime adaptations really are what make HxH pretty and 2) you din't need to have stunning art for your manga to succeed and I thought ONE was the only exception on that but I guess not.
Looking at his YYH manga art is honestly sad because it looks amazing but later on it REALLY ****ing shows Togashi was stressed as hell

Ivander

Smash Legend
If Marvel focuses on Fantastic Four and X-Men for one of the next Marvel series of movies leading up to the big crossover movie being something with the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Avengers, shouldn't Onslaught be the villain to lead up to? I mean, last time I checked, it was Onslaught that the Fantastic Four, Avengers and X-Men fought against together, right?

D

Deleted member

Looking at his YYH manga art is honestly sad because it looks amazing but later on it REALLY ****ing shows Togashi was stressed as hell
It's really sad being able to tell someone's health condition by the quality of their art.
Togashi seems to have a consistently goofy and simplified artstyle but the chapter with the Koala Ant is especially bad because it straight up just a bunch of sketches and it makes me wonder what the hell Togashi was going through whem he drew it.

Chrono.

He cleans it up in the Tankobon Volumes but otherwise yeah, he was stressed out and it showed in his artwork.

That said, since the manga moved to monthly chapters his output got significantly better. It helps that he basically has a get out of jail free card with JUMP for screwing up the YYH ending, so they basically let him do whatever.

D

Deleted member

Jesus ****ing christ the Dark Continent stuff in HxH genuinely creeps me out. I think it's due to the indirect Worf Effect going with the Chimera Ants who are treated as actual ants in comparison to the stuff that exists in said continent. I was never really creeped out by horror stuff but I guess this is the sort of Lovecraftian horror that eats you up, that you're just a small drop in a lake where much more powerful creatures refresh themselves.
And the actual depiction of it is also like
p_00016.jpg

Togashi should just write some outright Lovecraft horror already because I feel like he'd do great at it

Potato_

Smash Lord
I wanna start reading HxH, but I've got so many series I'm reading and collecting that I have to put it on the backburner for now.

Hopefully it lives up to the hype for me, unlike YYH.
Funny, I was just thinking about finally starting on HxH too after hearing for so long how good it was. I loved YYH though so I'm hoping there's some similarities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom