• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Downloaded the update this morning. Joker seems pretty fun, though I'll have to see what his moves are like (I find that I stick to the same handful of attacks when playing classic mode - mainly smash attacks and running attacks), and his final boss for Classic mode has a nice little twist. (at least, I can't recall any other classic modes that had something similar to what Joker's ended with)

I got all of the spirits aside from Joker's school uniform, which I assume is pure RNG - much like the other alternate costume spirits, it's probably only available in the Vault's store. One nice touch that I saw is that the new Persona spirits are available in the Vault's store, even if you don't download Joker. (though whether or not they show up is pure luck)

This update might have spoiled me on the party for Persona 5 (I was trying to go in blind; the Phantom Thieves spirit combined with the individual spirits for those characters made it clear who the last four party members are), but that's minor compared to the sort of spoilers that Smash has openly shown for Mother 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles, so I can't complain.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Surprising no one
What is surprising (and sad) is the fact that they brought back the cursed guidance (aka the default dlc one from Smash 4 where only Viridi recorded a new line)...that guidance brings depression to all...but atleast new guidances we t out with a massive bang thanks to Piranha Plant

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Downloaded the update this morning. Joker seems pretty fun, though I'll have to see what his moves are like (I find that I stick to the same handful of attacks when playing classic mode - mainly smash attacks and running attacks), and his final boss for Classic mode has a nice little twist. (at least, I can't recall any other classic modes that had something similar to what Joker's ended with)
DK's classic mode also had the final boss twist except it took place in New Donk City.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think my favorite spirit battle is Makoto's purely due to how they depicted Johanna.

Also Joker is legit main material. Reminds me a lot of Sheik with how quick his aerials are and how easy it is to string them together. Incredibly fun.

So this trailer.

I am so damn excited to see that Bi Han - Kuai Liang confrontation.

Kotal vs. Shao also has me hyped.

Sheeva's in there along with Cyrax and Sektor. Wondering how they're gonna handle that DLC wise.

What the hell is going on with Liu Kang at the end? Looked like he had Raiden's powers?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The most popular video online using the editor is of "Joker killing Lucas" :c This poor boy doesn't deserve that he's been through enough already.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
How do you download the custom stages from the phone app? It's saying they're queued but I don't see where to get them in the game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally found a good Meta Crystal stage.

Many weren't the right shape, top platform had grabbable ledges, and/or had the wrong song.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I honestly forgot about how good journaling is to get rid of stress.

Been wanting to revisit it for a few weeks now, but I felt the urge to write today, so I did it, and wow, it made me feel good!

Reflecting back on a day by writing it down can lead you to find something positive that can improve your mood for the better.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jobin's character is put straight again, and I ****ing love it. He takes a small break from being the main antagonist to go back to the character he was originally since Chapter 32, which was a guy who's mostly childish and a complete kid on the outside. You want to know how Araki shows this off? After Mitsuba's surgery, a major plot point right now that would realistically make Jobin go nuts, he takes one look at her and says "Ay, that's cool as ****. Let's ****". And then they ****. Araki has been doing a lot of sexual **** lately. I don't know why, but the entire sequence is hilarious as ****. His introduction is creepy and antagonistic before it turns straight to bizarre fetishes before going straight to the meat of the plot.

And goddamn, this ****ing imagery. (Forgot to mention that Jobin likes beetles and he ****s with beetles on the bed.)

1555642134426.png

The art has been lacking since 2 years ago, but all of a sudden this arc makes major improvements. It's goddamn amazing to see his art go on a second wind and recover in an instant when the last arc we had **** looking like this.

Back to Jobin, his motives as a villain seem to reflect Part 4 Kiras on the "survival" motif. His is way more simple than any of the other villains, he just sees things in a black-and-white perspective. Good/Evil, Legal/Illegal, all that stuff.

This flips back to JoJo and the JoGang hunting down the mysterious hospital guy, and sameface is diminishing more and more between the characters. This dude's stand is weird and just causes everyone inconveniences. It works a little bit like Love Train, but unless he's the literal corpse of Christ, which is the only way to get Love Train, then he's just got some weird ability. He ends up ****ing getting Rai's legs run over so his tendons are a total disaster. But this is also the guy who survived being imploded because Doggy Style can just make him a bunch of wraps. He'll live.

Also Josuke's getting ****ing cucked. Excuse my language, but that's pretty much it.

1555643079994.png

Looking at this makes me sad as ****. He doesn't get angry or start anything, he just sulks and takes it. He didn't deserve this ending. :sadsheep:

This chapter was insanely well-illustrated and kept the momentum going on both sides of the chase. Really great, except for that one part I mentioned at the end that made me super sad.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
so I get Yusuke and Morgana so why is Ryuji Cap Falcon... or is t because of Cap Kid?

It's both a nod to Ryuji's track and field days and his more brawler-y fighting style. Passing him a Home Run Bat is a reference to his weapon (can't get much closer to a pipe here). Pirate Mii Gunner is the reference to Captain Kidd, and it fits.

I've been pondering how the other ones fit, so far come up with the following theories:
  • Morgana is portrayed by a cutesy masked mascot character, because they can't translate his fighting style into a single character all that well. They did give Pika a Killing Edge to approximate it. Incineroar doesn't fight anything like Zorro, but he has roughly the same Dorito-esque figure Zorro does, and gets the Ore Club to be a terrifying s u p e r w i n d y b o i since Morgana's primary element is wind.
  • Ann is portrayed by the closest thing the game has to a model who could kick your ass, who also prominently uses a whip in her moveset. Being joined by Peach with a Fire Flower is a fair nod to both Carmen and her usual combat element.
  • Yusuke we've already noted, but it's the voice actor allusion. Yusuke being a swordfighter himself kind of works out well too. I'm guessing they did what they could for Goemon by having a big hammer stand in for his big-ass pipe. Why Dedede got the Killing Edge and not Chrom is beyond me.
  • Makoto is portrayed by Shiek partly as a nod to her martial arts training, partly to evoke her dual nature as studious (as Zelda) and asskicking (as Shiek). As a probably unintended bonus, they both braid their hair. Johanna being an invisible Wario who constantly bikes is hilarious.
  • Futaba is almost certainly for the looks. But they're damn near twins, so sure. Necronomicon's floating combat support position is reflected with a mix of assists and items that do just that.
  • Haru's a gardener, and so a gardener she gets. They both use axes, too, which works. Someone also needs to capitalize on the sweet-but-secretly-sadistic streak both her and Villager (at least in fanon) have going on. Milady drops in as a lady in a big dress holding a ranged weapon, again close as they could get.
  • Caroline and Justine are already two characters that act and fight together as one. Big shock who they got. No idea where the Sudden Damage mechanic fits for them though.
Goro and Igor get a spoiler tag:
  • Goro plays at being a kind of shining hero-type who wields a laser sword, and that's exactly what they gave him. Pit is a ringer for Robin Hood without any further assistance. The control reversal mechanic probably references his face-heel turn. Rivers in the Desert is a big red flag spoiler too, but it's by far the music he deserved.
  • Igor looks like it's a combined effort of a) his position in the Velvet Room, summoning demons, as he's summoned three for the fight, and b) an allusion to having multiple incarnations, one of which is the true main villain. The tactician nature fits a bit too, I suppose. The fight seems to have a nod to the P5 Velvet Room conceit of being jailed and slowly becoming more free, since you start off horrifically damaged and slowly become more healed.

It's overall a better thought-out bunch than I initially believed. Kudos as usual.

and omg Sakuri gave Akechi Rivers in a Dry Land
As he deserved.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem Heroes Datamine/TT spoilers
So....
-Stats:

-Ultimately, Leo, despite his very underwhelming-looking stats, is quite min-maxed and can do a good job as a Cavalry Mage Tank(and Gronserpent)/Gronraven user. Compared to Cecilia, he has +1 HP/+1 ATK/-4 SPD/+5 DEF/-1 RES stats compared to Cecilia. Not only does he have a good statline for the job, but he actually has a good base kit to go with his stats. Distant Defense 3 at 4-Star and Quick Riposte 3 at 5-Star(release it at 4-star already, you cowards!).
So Leo is very decent, as he has a good statline for a Mage Tank/Gronraven user and he's got a very good base kit to go with it. If you don't have a dedicated Gronraven/Gronserpent user, Leo can fill in quite nicely.
-Also, Lukas has the highest DEF in the game and he has a DEF Superboon.

Next up: Tempest Trials!

So not only are we getting an Alm, Faye and Kliff TT Banner, but FRICKIN' CHILL ATK IS A SEAL! Alongside Even RES Wave. That's pretty awesome.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From Spider-Man Homecoming to Captain Marvel, I’ve only got 6 more movies left to go

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Never played Paladins, but in Overwatch the same thing always happened.

"OUR HEALER SUCKS" No, you're extending too far and I can't heal you because the rest of the team is over here. Idiot.
Man it has been over a year since I play Overwatch thanks to Nintendo Switch, hopefully I can play more PC games once I get a better laptop.
Sometimes, being a healer can be a hassle in Overwatch, especially as Mercy... using Lucio though is a different story.

Just within a week Avengers Endgame will be premiered in my country... I bought April 24 morning 7:30 pm, I just can't wait...

Another thing to bring up
I know not much here cares about Sony's censorship policy, and if I have to be honest here I kind of want them to continue this. So that many Japanese studio will slowly have their games on Nintendo Switch and PC.

As for some users who likes those anime games but okay with censorship (Trust me, there are), now it is the right time to get a PS4 or get those games.
So hey, it's actually a win-win for both I guess lol.
View attachment 209953

Of course.

Of course they did it.

They're like twins.
I mean, should we be surprised? lol
From Spider-Man Homecoming to Captain Marvel, I’ve only got 6 more movies left to go
If you are just preparing for Endgame...
Just watch Iron man 1, Hulk, Captain America 1, 2 and 3, Guradian of Galaxy 1, Avengers 1&2, Doctor Strange,Black Panther, and especially Infinity War... Captain Marvel, nah, you don't really miss anything if you didn't watch it.

And Kotaku is at it again...
On one of Persona 5 OST's lyric's...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you are just preparing for Endgame...
Just watch Iron man 1, Hulk, Captain America 1, 2 and 3, Guradian of Galaxy 1, Avengers 1&2, Doctor Strange,Black Panther, and especially Infinity War... Captain Marvel, nah, you don't really miss anything if you didn't watch it.
Every movie in the MCU has something important (even if it’s something minor like bringing in a while new character)...so no...Imma stick to watching all the movies

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Every movie in the MCU has something important (even if it’s something minor like bringing in a while new character)...so no...Imma stick to watching all the movies
You can probably ignore the Incredible Hulk - the MCU clearly has.

(okay, so General Ross appears in some movies, but it seems weird that they establish Betty Ross as Bruce's love interest, keep the Abomination alive, and show the Leader's origin, only for all of those characters to vanish off the face of the Earth with only the Abomination getting the occasional reference on Agents of SHIELD as being locked away in an off-screen SHIELD prison)

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It will definitely take longer, but by watching every single movie the continuity makes the most sense that way. Secondly, there's such a fun experience watching every single MCU film and seeing how every one connects with other films in the MCU, not only Endgame.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not really but every MCU movie just simply has something tie into...

In my country there's a Youtube channel that made a series called "Towards Infinity War" that gives an brief plot explanation and analysis on every MCU movie, from its history, how it's made, production, problems, trivia, meaning etc... it was a very excellent series that helped my understand MCU even more. For those who understand Mandarin, I highly recommend this video series... not sure if there's any other English channel that has this kind of video series...
(okay, so General Ross appears in some movies, but it seems weird that they establish Betty Ross as Bruce's love interest, keep the Abomination alive, and show the Leader's origin, only for all of those characters to vanish off the face of the Earth with only the Abomination getting the occasional reference on Agents of SHIELD as being locked away in an off-screen SHIELD prison)
Yeah, and Bruce is one of the few MCU main character to have switched it's actor as well.

Then again, as someone who has already watched Captain Marvel (And has watched every MCU movie since Captain America: Civil War), really... you won't miss anything by watching Endgame without watching Captain Marvel. Neglect the controversies surrounding the movie before... the movie is still pretty mediocre... not to mention how it made Nick Furry more uncool, at least to me.

So, yeah... while it's aweome to watch every MCU movies, Incredible Hulk and Captain Marvel are the two MCU movies that you can really ignore.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You can probably ignore the Incredible Hulk - the MCU clearly has.

I wish I ignored Incredible Hulk...oh well. It is weird how they only allow us to know Ross stuck around and bothered to say Betty died from the snap when she was never going to appear again
It will definitely take longer, but by watching every single movie the continuity makes the most sense that way. Secondly, there's such a fun experience watching every single MCU film and seeing how every one connects with other films in the MCU, not only Endgame.
Agreed with the second part completely, and fortunately I’ve been watching multiple MCU movies a day thanks to spring break...gonna dread watching Spidey/Loki/Gamora die as usual (but it’ll be worth the fun time)
Not really but every MCU movie just simply has something tie into...
Not sure if Spidey dying would have been as impactful if it weren’t for things like the Peter/Tony relationship that was developed a lot in Homecoming, which ended up being Tony’s breaking point for himself (same with the death of Gamora affecting Quill and somewhat Nebula), same with other things that aren’t as massive like Ant-Man and the small references towards the Quantum Realm or minor things that ended up becoming massive due to being tied into Thanos

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not sure if Spidey dying would have been as impactful if it weren’t for things like the Peter/Tony relationship that was developed a lot in Homecoming, which ended up being Tony’s breaking point for himself (same with the death of Gamora affecting Quill and somewhat Nebula), same with other things that aren’t as massive like Ant-Man and the small references towards the Quantum Realm or minor things that ended up becoming massive due to being tied into Thanos
Actually that has started from Civil War, still not really sure why and how Tony Stark chose Peter Parker besides he has saw Peter's video as Spiderman, and back in Iron Man 2 Stark saved a boy in an Iron Man mask... yeah that boy was confirmed to be Peter Parker...

Also MCU already has some time and sequence loop holes... ever since Spiderman Homecoming (Thank you "8 years later"), that's also something to mention.
So, #EICMA...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually that has started from Civil War, still not really sure why and how Tony Stark chose Peter Parker besides he has saw Peter's video as Spiderman, and back in Iron Man 2 Stark saved a boy in an Iron Man mask... yeah that boy was confirmed to be Peter Parker...

Also MCU already has some time and sequence loop holes... ever since Spiderman Homecoming (Thank you "8 years later"), that's also something to mention.
So, #EICMA...
Both of those points are true, but Homecoming got the relationship ball rolling very fast (that IM2 retcon was very smart to have done as well)

Also...as I’m watching Homecoming atm, I love how Vulture doesn’t realize Peter is Spidey until Liz straight up snitches on him...damn girl

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Kotaku is whining about racism in Smash. What's going on?
I post a video from YT channel Quataring, basically Kotaku has problem with this song:

And the article is actually from someone who you might knew from Nintendo NX rumors back in the day... also there were some Twitter users pointed out the author of the article is being somewhat racist itself... which I don't really care actually...

Kotaku's just being dumb again. Nothing new, unfortunately.
Problem with the article was that... why now being pointed out? If it hasn't been confirmed by Atlus and Nintendo, isn't a more better to wait for the official response before writing the article?

I aware this will cause some here to disagree but, this is why I dislike Kotaku (Especially Jason Schreier)

Also...as I’m watching Homecoming atm, I love how Vulture doesn’t realize Peter is Spidey until Liz straight up snitches on him...damn girl
Uh... no... it's on the contrary, Vulture was the only person to figure out Peter Parker was Spiderman when Liz pointed out he tends to disappear from time to time...

Also from the "Towards to Infinity War" series also brought up many problems of most MCU movies, with many music scores being forgettable, time error, unlikable antagonists, there's also problem with MCU tend to use Bathos (All jokes, All the Time, No Matter the Cost) a lot.... which is one of the reason that makes MCU charming but tends to broke the flow of the plot. Glad that Marvel did fix those problems.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh... no... it's on the contrary, Vulture was the only person to figure out Peter Parker was Spiderman when Liz pointed out he tends to disappear from time to time...

Also from the "Towards to Infinity War" series also brought up many problems of most MCU movies, with many music scores being forgettable, time error, unlikable antagonists, there's also problem with MCU tend to use Bathos (All jokes, All the Time, No Matter the Cost) a lot.... which is one of the reason that makes MCU charming but tends to broke the flow of the plot. Glad that Marvel did fix those problems.
Liz pointing that out was the reason why I called it snitching (obviously she didn’t know better...but she still gotta get the stitches)

And besides the Avengers theme song and the Spider-Man theme song remix (the 2nd remix will be even better of course), there really wasn’t much memorable songs in the original department. Guardians had an amazing soundtrack though, while Ant-Man and Iron Man have really good theme songs...but Infinity War and Black Panther were on a whole different level

Villians on the other hand...
Loki (well not anymore of course)
Vulture
Thanos
Baron Zemo
Killmonger
Hela
Kingpin
Cottonmouth
Bushmaster
Purple Man/Kilgrave
Jigsaw