• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I almost had a heart attack. I looked at your name and swore that it said Mythra Mythra .

I'm super ****ing lost fam. I'm going to bed.

Moythra, the sexiest lawnmower of the east and ultimate ****posting chimera of the west

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom asking you for the sake of argument cause im like 200% sure its JMA

Does Japan recognize the Richter scale system or the JMA scale for earthquakes?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So hey lemme just get a mental image out in text probably needs some super serious refinement my brain died ten hours ago but like I've had this roughly stuck in my head for months and just hit a major breakthrough in elaborating the visual. Trying to do a Lovecraft Lite thing where horrifying visuals get built up for a while before some kind of abrupt tonal swerve breaks them down, rinse and repeat. Obviously this short snippet doesn't make it up to the Step B of said plan, but uh

The outcropping of rock felt all too fragile as she stared down the cliff below. The inside of the caldera in it's entirety was lined with what seemed like thousands of teeth in a lamprey-like mouth, each easily the size of a building and so searing white hot as to be difficult to focus on. The gums these teeth were set in glowed modestly in their own right in a flickering flame orange, flowing slowly like liquid but less magma and more mucous flesh in nature and texture. Such went on and on for what seemed a disturbing depth, before reaching it's apparent throat and hitting what seemed to be the "bottom." Here the light abruptly cut off, creating almost a bubble of utter raw darkness that warped the glow around it in various odd manners before simply suffocating it entirely. The entire monstrosity below radiated an uncomfortable warmth, though strangely not an outright burning heat as one might expect. Just. . .warm. Really more than the light and heat, it was the sheer horrid nature of it all that caused her to wince as she stared down. Mostly because whether she was being told this thing was her apparent patron or not, she was being coerced into jumping right down into all of the above.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom asking you for the sake of argument cause im like 200% sure its JMA

Does Japan recognize the Richter scale system or the JMA scale for earthquakes?
Japan officially recognizes the JMA scale also called the Shindo scale. Unlike the Richter scale, it measures the intensity of shaking on the surface caused by the quakes.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Japan officially recognizes the JMA scale also called the Shindo scale. Unlike the Richter scale, it measures the intensity of shaking on the surface caused by the quakes.
I KNEW IT

JOJOLION IS THE STRONGEST JOJO PART BABBBYYYY BACK AT IT AGAIN

so basically the strongest feat in jojo is debated between star platinum punching really hard in part 3 or kira blowing up morioh in part 8

i said it was part 8 because i knew the JMA system and that it's stronger in measurement than the Richter scale, having different varying level 3s

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I KNEW IT

JOJOLION IS THE STRONGEST JOJO PART BABBBYYYY BACK AT IT AGAIN
Ok

I’ve only been through a 5. I have missed two big earthquakes due to living circumstances. I missed the 2011 earthquake in Tohoku as I lived in Kyushu. And now I live in the outskirts of Tohoku which experiences heavy damage back then and I missed the 2016 Kumamoto earthquakes by a week after moving from Kumamoto to Tohoku.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only issue now is converting JMA to Richter scale, which I don't know is even possible.

I've tried converting it to JMA to MSK and then estimating Level 6 MSK to description of the Richter scale, but that's shaky.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The only issue now is converting JMA to Richter scale, which I don't know is even possible.

I've tried converting it to JMA to MSK and then estimating Level 6 MSK to description of the Richter scale, but that's shaky.
It has to be possible to convert JMA to Richter, but I think it's a question only a expert on Earthquakes would be able to answer.

Also, lol "Shaky".

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It has to be possible to convert JMA to Richter, but I think it's a question only a expert on Earthquakes would be able to answer.

Also, lol "Shaky".
I've literally done it myself and tried to estimate it by measuring the entire thing, but I used a lot of assumptions. And that was like, 2 years ago.

I'm trying to refine it so I can boast my manga reading swag.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

You can’t really since Richter measures the energy releases. Two separate readings of an earthquake. There’s probably some way but Google failed on me.

But to put it into perspective, the 2011 Tohoku was a 9.0 on the Richter. The Anchorage Earthquake in 2018 was a 7.1 and the Indian Ocean quake in 2004 was 9.1-9.3.

Here’s some info about Shindo

https://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/why-japan-doesnt-use-magnitude-for-earthquakes

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You can’t really since Richter measures the energy releases. Two separate readings of an earthquake. But to put it into perspective, the 2011 Tohoku was a 9.0 on the Richter. The Anchorage Earthwuake in 2018 was a 7.1 and the Indian Ocean quake in 2004 was 9.1-9.3.
come on man i ****ing suck at geometry, there has to be a source that labels tons of TNT produced per level

even joules would be acceptable

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Been playing FE3, and man, I swear, no matter what version of Castle Dale I play, the result is always the same.

DOGACHOKESTHEPOINT.png

Choke that point, Draug. You can do it.

MainJPW

M.T.A
jeez, what stunted his growth
Toei.
Trunks is at least a year older than Goten.
Yeah, but if you’re going to bother doing that then why not just...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Even Goku noticeably grew between the 21st and 22nd Budokai:

Which was also even mentioned on-panel:

From what I remember watching DBZ, Trunks in the aftermath arc 10 years after Majin Buu is the same age as Future Trunks. Doesn't DBS still take place before then? :yoshi:
He’s talking about History of Trunks which takes place in AGE 780, the same year Super is currently in. Future Trunks was 15 there.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, it's more noticeable with Gohan but the fact that even Goku got slightly taller as he got older still happened. Would be nice if Trunks looked like his History of Trunks version. Not that he wouldn't be a little brat still, since Future Trunks is a bro.

Would be cool if Goten got something...anything at all.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Is going to be sad when Toriyama forgets about Goten in the follow up of Super... again.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I going to be sad when Toriyama forgets about Goten in the follow up of Super... again.
Yeah. Goten's never had his own moment, but it'd be nice even if I'm not a huge fan of him.

We'll see if Gohan and Piccolo get a couple of good fights again. Hopefully it won't take until the second half of the show again at least. I'd love to see the Z-Fighters squad up again for each arc.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Holy ****ing Macaroni, you ****ing nail it! He look AWESOME!

No, seriously, the wait was worth the weight time, great job dood.
Thanks!

Complicated clothing (like Malos' armour) is a huge headache for me, and I need to work on doing stuff like that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks!

Complicated clothing (like Malos' armour) is a huge headache for me, and I need to work on doing stuff like that.
You still did a great job on the armor imo, so if now you have problem with it, I can't imagine when you will get good at it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You still did a great job on the armor imo, so if now you have problem with it, I can't imagine when you will get good at it.
It's part laziness and part speed. Since I don't do it often, it slows my drawing down, which makes me not want to do it, which means I never get better at it which means I never get faster at it which keeps me from wanting to do it.

A nasty vicious cycle.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's part laziness and part speed. Since I don't do it often, it slows my drawing down, which makes me not want to do it, which means I never get better at it which means I never get faster at it which keeps me from wanting to do it.

A nasty vicious cycle.
One of the many vicious cycle of drawning and getting better at it.

I feel you on that one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
One of the many vicious cycle of drawning and getting better at it.

I feel you on that one.
Backgrounds/landscapes are also one of the things that I struggle with.

Though that one is a little more personal. Years ago I was putting effort into doing backgrounds, but the people on the private forum I was on never said anything about them so it demotivated me harshly.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Backgrounds/landscapes are also one of the things that I struggle with.

Though that one is a little more personal. Years ago I was putting effort into doing backgrounds, but the people on the private forum I was on never said anything about them so it demotivated me harshly.
Having peoples say nothing about your drawning can be surprisely more demotivating at time than if someone just said that your drawning suck, tho it depend of the context I suppose.

Also, gotta stop here since I have work to do, thanks again for the drawning man.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Getting your work deconstructed and brutally criticized ala Gordon Ramsay actually is good way to get motivated to improve your drawings lol

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Getting your work deconstructed and brutally criticized ala Gordon Ramsay actually as good way to get motivated to improve your drawings lol
"These arms are too long! What is he, an ape?"
"This colour looks like someone pissed all over the painting!"

...Man, coming up with funny criticisms is hard.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"These arms are too long! What is he, an ape?"
"This colour looks like someone pissed all over the painting!"

...Man, coming up with funny criticisms is hard.

"THE BOOBS ARE RAW"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It is pretty weird, man, still is weird. Weird how ever since I took a small broken pencil and started two months ago time went flying this fast; only missing one day of practice, every day drawing her, every day liking what I did and hating it on the next one, "no, no, she is much prettier than that" I repeated to myself... and I still do.

I did around 56 Mythras, almost a routine, a very enjoyable one I say, taking breaks inbetween to try and practice other stuff just to return to her and see how much I improved.

There was improvement indeed, but yet somehow I struggled badly on the last one, much more than in the first one where I couldn't draw a mere circle to save myself.

A paper undergoing endless eraser friction and pencil stress, what was happening to my confidence? Where are the skills that I learned?
It was like my own mind was reminding me the reason and way to draw her; skill and practice can get my artistic level high above, but the perfect Mythra will never happen if I don't make her with love.

These struggles also reminded me I still have a very long way to go, where 2 months are nothing and a passion guided dedication is the absolute key.

The journey for The Beautiful Mythra piece truly is just beginning. How she will look? Only time and this hyperbole enthusiast heart will tell.

----

****ing Pensivethra is weird, yo, Memethra will be back tomorrow as usual, don't worry.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We finally reached a nearly perfect timeline...Marvel is almost completely Disney

D

Deleted member

Relevant picture today.
View attachment 199617
Also wanted to to say that I hope the best for the people who are getting fired from FOX today (they probably are cool people who deserve a new job as fast as possible), and that my plans for today related to this are delayed to this weekend due to many things I have to deal with at the moment.

Disney: *threatens to own the entire market*
Marvel fans: "yes!!! punch punch dude is finally back HOME"
Disney can’t own the entire market even if they wanted to.
Comcast and AT&T are way bigger than Disney and already own stuff like Warner or Universal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With Disney taking FOX now from what I understand they have to get rid of ESPN to keep FOX Sports.

Considering ESPN has been hot garbage for years, the new owner company could potentially make it a good sports platform again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom