• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I cannot unsee this now.

Anyone who knows this reference, now neither can you.
Eh, Easter Veronica looks more like this to me.

This is the second Digimon image I've posted on Smashboards today and I'm not sorry.
And there he is.

View attachment 199068

Hope it won't be long till his trailer drops.
Not gonna lie, GT Goku looks pretty cool.
you guys excited for omega shenron? im not
Omega Shenron?

Sure.
He better come with the GT rap
He won't and you know it.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Eh, Easter Veronica looks more like this to me.

This is the second Digimon image I've posted on Smashboards today and I'm not sorry.
Since I don't play Fire Emblem Heroes,
:smirk:

Anyway, it's not just the similar design, but the fact that Veronica also does the whole "contract" thing with the Heroes as well.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Completely random topic/question, but I wanna see some people share their opinions: of the franchises included in Smash that you’ve played, what game(s) would you recommend newcomers to those franchises play for their first foray into that series? (Specifically franchises that don’t have blatantly obvious answers/few options)

For example:
:ultsonic: Sonic Mania Plus, for sure. You don’t need to play past titles to enjoy what it has to offer, with tons of levels, both classic and brand new, 5 playable characters with unique abilities, a banger of a soundtrack, solid multiplayer, and a very fair price for a Switch game.

:ultkirby: Kirby Super Star Ultra. It’s a series of at least 10 smaller sized adventures that are all mostly unique in their own way, fit into one DS cartridge, that’ll keep your interest for the entire time you play. There’s your classic Kirby adventure in Spring Breeze, racing with King Dedede in Gourmet Race, treasure hunting in The Great Cave Offensive, taking on a boss rush in The Arena, and even playing as everyone’s favorite masked swordsman in Meta Knightmare Ultra.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Completely random topic/question, but I wanna see some people share their opinions: of the franchises included in Smash that you’ve played, what game(s) would you recommend newcomers to those franchises play for their first foray into that series? (Specifically franchises that don’t have blatantly obvious answers/few options)

For example:
:ultsonic: Sonic Mania Plus, for sure. You don’t need to play past titles to enjoy what it has to offer, with tons of levels, both classic and brand new, 5 playable characters with unique abilities, a banger of a soundtrack, solid multiplayer, and a very fair price for a Switch game.

:ultkirby: Kirby Super Star Ultra. It’s a series of at least 10 smaller sized adventures that are all mostly unique in their own way, fit into one DS cartridge, that’ll keep your interest for the entire time you play. There’s your classic Kirby adventure in Spring Breeze, racing with King Dedede in Gourmet Race, treasure hunting in The Great Cave Offensive, taking on a boss rush in The Arena, and even playing as everyone’s favorite masked swordsman in Meta Knightmare Ultra.
A couple of these might be a bit obvious, but...

:ultpikachu: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Regarded by many as the best games in series, and basically has the double the content of most Pokemon games, assuming you can explore two regions instead of one.

:ultyounglink:Ocarina of Time. Doesn't hurt to start with what is essentially the Citizen Kane of video games. Still holds up after all these years, and you get a fair amount of lore, too. The best version to get is the 3DS remaster. It fixes most of the problems the original had, and it's nice to play it on the go.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

KMDP

Smash Legend
He’s looking pretty sharp. Power Pole makes me shed a tear.

As suspected, ArcSys combined DB Goku, Path To Power Goku and GT Goku into one Composite Kid Goku.

The Goku to surpass all other Goku’s.

Very funny.
To be honest I kind of wanted Chi-Chi to be the Power Pole character (like she was in SDBZ), but Goku is the more sensible choice and requires less made-up stuff, so I don't really mind.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Kay.

Was Planes a Pixar film? How was that?
It wasn't...

It was made by DisneyToon

The same people behind those awful direct-to-video sequels to classic Disney movies

EDIT: Crud, just realized I posted this on the wrong thread...

Last edited:

Chrono.

He’s looking pretty sharp. Power Pole makes me shed a tear.

As suspected, ArcSys combined DB Goku, Path To Power Goku and GT Goku into one Composite Kid Goku.

The Goku to surpass all other Goku’s.

Very funny.
I still would've preferred SSJ4, but this is great too.

GT/Path to Power Goku is probably my favorite base Goku design anyhow. I need to see his trailer like now lol.

Hoping he has his own theme too but probably won't since other variations didn't.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It wasn't...

The same people behind those awful direct-to-video sequels to classic Disney movies
They also made A Goofy Movie.

Somehow they're responsible for an absolutely amazing movie despite being known for their cashgrab DTV releases.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I still would've preferred SSJ4, but this is great too.

GT/Path to Power Goku is probably my favorite base Goku design anyhow. I need to see his trailer like now lol.

Hoping he has his own theme too but probably won't since other variations didn't.
GT Goku does have his own theme.

It's just sold separately in the first Anime Music Pack.

Last edited:

Chrono.

GT Goku does have his own theme.

It's just sold separately in the first Anime Music Pack.
I'm actually tempted to buy that because DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku is a top tier song.

But then I don't care much for the rest of the songs. Pack 2 had the real meat to me.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm actually tempted to buy that because DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku is a top tier song.

But then I don't care much for the rest of the songs. Pack 2 had the real meat to me.
I got both the FighterZ Pass and the first Anime Music Pack cheap due to pure happenstance.

I wanted to buy Cities: Skylines so I went out and bought a PSN Card, unfortunately the only store that stocked PSN Cards in my area only had the highest value (£50) ones at the time, but fortunately at that time I had money to burn, so I went for it.

After I bought Cities: Skylines, I had a lot of money left over, so I looked around the PSN Store and the FighterZ Pass and AMP just happened to be on sale.

I believe that was also when I bought Stardew Valley and The Escapists.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So the garbage disposal under my house's kitchen sink broke and turned the cabinet underneath into a splash pool. There's a plumber fixing things up and I'm not keeping tabs on what exactly is going on but uh

It sounds like there's an elephant having an exorcism in there and it's awakening me to the dire state of my own mortality.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

There's an indies Nintendo Direct this Wednesday.
Huh, I expected our next direct to be a smash one near the end of the month. I wonder if we will still get it or have to wait for April

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Welp, it didn't take long for someone to acknowledge it.

3fu5wms2tsm21.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
It wasn't...

They also made A Goofy Movie.

Somehow they're responsible for an absolutely amazing movie despite being known for their cashgrab DTV releases.
Weren't some of the Direct-video sequels decent? I mean, at the very least, I remember people making a deal about Cinderella 3 being decently good.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

KMDP

Smash Legend
Weren't some of the Direct-video sequels decent? I mean, at the very least, I remember people making a deal about Cinderella 3 being decently good.
The Aladdin and Lion King sequels are good, but not as good as the originals.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Would explain why the official Detective Pikachu Twitter account is following him.

Also, here's an interview with the cast and crew of the Detective Pikachu film if anyone is interested.
I think Ryan Renolds was a good pick for Pikachu.

Why isnt Mewtwo voiced by Danny DeVito?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
♪ ♫
Tu sonrisa tan resplandeciente
A mi corazón deja encantado
Ven toma mi mano
Para huir de esta terrible oscuridad
♩ ♪ ♫

KMDP

Smash Legend
♪ ♫
Tu sonrisa tan resplandeciente
A mi corazón deja encantado
Ven toma mi mano
Para huir de esta terrible oscuridad
♩ ♪ ♫
Had to look this up to know what you were even singing.

For people who don't speak Spanish, it's the Mexican version of DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

For example:

:ultlink: Wind Waker. Teaches you everything you need to know of the series and is extremely forgiving. The Wii U one is the definitive version.

:ultyoshi: Yoshi's Island. Need I say more? :yoshi:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just listened to Q&A with Ian Flynn that included what's going on with the ARMS graphic novel. Sadly, he still doesn't know what's going on, it's still coming, he already done his part, and best to follow Dark Horse's social media for news on it.

What makes me REALLY happy is that Ian gets nonstop bombardment of questions on its whereabouts. Really shows that so many love ARMS too. :)

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

For example:

:ultpokemontrainer:Pokémon Firered/Leafgreen. Kanto is the starting point for the series after all and out of the games set in Kanto Firered/Leafgreen strikes a balance between gameplay and difficulty (It's not as glitchey/buggy or unbalanced like Red/Blue or controversial as Lets Go) plus it even has a decent postgame and doesn't hold your hand so much like later installments. Other good starting points I would say are Emerald and Heartgold/Soulsilver.

:ultchrom:Fire Emblem Awakening. Easy to access game and does a good job showing people how what Fire Emblem is like and its game mechanics. If mobile games count though I would say Fire Emblem Heroes is even more accessible and doesn't cost anything to play while providing a very simplified view of how Fire Emblem plays though you miss out on things like permadeath and support conversations.

Chrono.

I accept this.

For example:

:ultcloud: Final Fantasy 7. Yeah this is a boring no duh answer, but hear me out. The story is easy enough to follow, the characters are pretty good, the gameplay is pretty simple yet rewarding. There's a lot of reasons why FF7 is considered a GOAT, even if it's not my top favorite. I'd also consider FF9 to be a great entry point if the grittiness of 7 isn't up your alley and you prefer a more traditional fantasy setting.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Chrono. Chrono. : "I hope Kid Goku (GT) has a theme."

Bandai Namco gives him this theme.
Your reaction?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Your reaction?
This is pretty fire.

I know Final Bout is apparently garbage but at least the soundtrack seems solid.

EDIT: Honestly this kind of reminds me of a 90s RPG like Xenogears or Chrono Trigger. In a good way.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I don’t usually watch game theory but this actually makes a lot of sense and would have made the frozen world pretty cool.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This is pretty fire.

I know Final Bout is apparently garbage but at least the soundtrack seems solid.

EDIT: Honestly this kind of reminds me of a 90s RPG like Xenogears or Chrono Trigger. In a good way.
Final Bout's soundtrack is the best thing about it.

As someone who actually owned it, it's really clunky; the characters are stiff and the game takes, like, a full second to react to your inputs. It's sort of fun once you figure out how to control the characters, but even that's pretty generous.

Every character has a theme, even the variants (there are 5 Different Gokus, not including Vegito, all of them have an individual theme.

Goku Theme
Super Saiyan Goku Theme
Super Saiyan GT Goku Theme
Super Saiyan 4 Goku Theme (Hero of Heroes)

I think a few of the Goku Themes are deliberately similar, the ones that are completely different are Super Goku and SS4 Goku.

Gohan Theme
Gohan's Theme is really good in this game.
Vegeta Theme
Pan's Theme
Trunks' Theme
Future Trunks' Theme (Hikari no Willpower)
Vegito Theme

There's also the themes for Super GT Trunks, Frieza, Cell and Kid Buu, but at that point I'd just be posting the whole soundtrack. :laugh:

The title theme is easily the best song in the game.

Though I also enjoy the two ending themes "Kimi o Wasurenai" (I think it means "I won't forget you") and "Thank You".

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

There's an indies Nintendo Direct this Wednesday.
I can't wait for the next Smash character to be announced.

/s
Step into the Grand Tour
Lowkey this is actually kinda catchy although it shouldn't be anywhere DB.

Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku ****s all over it any day.

Your reaction?
I actually really hope that's the case because that would be an awesome throwback to an obscure era of Dragon Ball games. And that the PS1 DB games had some lit soundtracks (Final Bout, Ultimate Battle 22, etc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom