• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
All this talk of drawing. Should I try my hand at it?

...No. Trust me, it's best I don't. There's a reason I stick more to writing and music.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ain't drawn in a while. Used to be able to, least a bit; now it's up in the air.

Also, happy late Valentine's Day fam.
avi_cupid.png

Pchoo.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I haven't drawn anything since I was... 10? I used to draw Mario and Yoshi mostly, and I think I still can. I was very good at replicating stuff before me, but I only drew Mario characters and Pokémon. And the moment I tried and make an original pose everything usually went horribly wrong lol. But yeah, everything they gave us freedom on art class ended up being either a Pokémon or a Mario drawing from my part and is kinda embarrassing that people have to remind me that I did that stuff when I was young.

I'd love to be able to draw to make my imagination reality, at least on a paper, but I don't have the will power to do so, so I'll just enjoy other people doing so.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I get it. I don't personally go through it, but my boyfriend has really bad PTSD nightmares frequently so I know how bad it can be. If they continue, I recommend sleeping with a stuffed animal of some sort, it always helped Jayden.
My sleeping improved after I moved the object (it was a stack of paper; there isn't a lot of space in my room, it's a converted "box room").

I actually do get to sleep with a plushie made by sister.

...No. Trust me, it's best I don't. There's a reason I stick more to writing and music.
I haven't drawn anything since I was... 10? I used to draw Mario and Yoshi mostly, and I think I still can. I was very good at replicating stuff before me, but I only drew Mario characters and Pokémon. And the moment I tried and make an original pose everything usually went horribly wrong lol. But yeah, everything they gave us freedom on art class ended up being either a Pokémon or a Mario drawing from my part and is kinda embarrassing that people have to remind me that I did that stuff when I was young.

I'd love to be able to draw to make my imagination reality, at least on a paper, but I don't have the will power to do so, so I'll just enjoy other people doing so.
The only way to get better at drawing is to just start, it's less about talent and more about practice and effort.

Everyone who draws had to start somewhere. I used to draw Sonic characters (badly, often without arms) when I was like 7.

This morning I was doodling some Mario stuff (and Kirby), later I might scan the image if people want to see.
Ain't drawn in a while. Used to be able to, least a bit; now it's up in the air.

Also, happy late Valentine's Day fam.
View attachment 192807

Pchoo.
Drawing is a skill that never really goes away (like riding a bike), even if you don't do it for a while it'll all come back when you start again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

srtbh.jpg

After seeing some of y'all's drawings, I tried my hand at drawing my girls :4peach::rosalina::ultdaisy: this morning. Thing is, I "cheated" by tracing what was on my screen, so excuse the crude nature.

*sigh* How I do reminisce the time I drew a few SpongeBob characters (namely Sandy and Pearl) and they turned out decently. I better stick with being a good cook...

Sayonara
:kirby:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Super Saiyan Acid Trip Dream Team Talk Mode Activate

I spent a day at school doing school things with one of my friends, then after we go our separate ways I randomly get transitioned into a modern movie theaters. Out of thirst I decide to but a Pepsi...and then a minute later I wanted another...and then during that one minute timespan they became illegal to have. They turned into a “drug levels” of bad thing to have. I was salty and spent another minute looking for a Pepsi stand to still be there, but it somehow turned into a Dr.Pepper stand. I talk to a woman working there trying to get some, and she decides to take me to the nearest Pepsi joint still there...but it was done in an over the top spy movie sort of way, jumping on people and couches everywhere. We finally get to a room to reach our destination...and it ****ing turns into a WWE arena. Then 30 seconds later it became an ESports arena with a keyboard for a ramp. Running to the keys, another woman (this time a nerdy fan) asked politely to not run on the keyboard...very nice lady. I finally meet up with the theater cop lady person who was in charge of running illegal Pepsi selling (after one of my friends randomly showed up only to get arrested by the cops)...and then it turned into a homicidal blonde white teen beating on another teen woman. She had a black eye and the guy was being dragged away, with guns pointing all over his body, so I did what was sensible...pretend to be one of his classmates and wait to beat his ***. Unfortunately he walked up behind he and “shank’d” me...with literally nothing but air, so it didn’t do a damn thing to me. I sat there in a theater chair confused as ****. After a while of him doing that to a whole row, the cops get ready to blow his brains out, until the white guy has a mental breakdown and cries his eyes out. Apologizing to the fact that he was going to kill people, the rest of the students cheered him on and the teachers say that they’ll transfer him to a different school after they finish the movie. I’m done and confused as ****...and thirst as **** for the Pepsi, but I decided to leave out of the fact that everything that happened was stupid. I walk out the room and it ended up being a Batman theater place, with mostly every live action Batman movie being played. I find another nother friend and I try to tell him what happened...then we all got Infinity War’d and the entire dream turned into dust, which was done to finally wake me up of such foolishness.

I think I’ve been watching too much Persona 5 walkthroughs, MCU movies, and WWE in general...cause it was like all of those were fusion danced into drugged *** one dream...and scene

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Alright, it's time for characters ranked 90-81 (actually 90-85 for now...)!

#90- Gary Oak
Pokemon

Gary freaking Oak...the most wonderful rival Pokemon has ever given to us. I LOVE the development Gary has had during the course of the Pokemon anime. He starts out as being a total jerk to Ash, but he RELISHES in it; thrives in it; in being a jerk towards the main hero, it makes him all the more fun to root against as a "villain" in the show. His cockiness, confidence, and sheer high amount of skill in the early seasons made him a very fun character, and he wasn't always easy to root for but he breathed LIFE into the show whenever he came onto the screen. Gary stirred up excellent drama, and it makes the character all the more worthwhile to watch.

But, that wouldn't make him one of my favorite fictional characters of all time alone. Rather, he is on the top 100 is because he grows more mature and becomes much better as a person. Towards the end of the early era of Pokemon (the gen 1 and 2) era, he begins to turn over a new leaf once Ash FINALLY beats him in a major tournament. This causes his arrogance to die and he decides to become a Pokemon Scientist. He does make guest appearances in futures seasons (like in season 10) and his personality is much more positive! He's still naturally confident and passionate; got a lot of ambition. However, he's much more mature and no longer acts like a bully towards Ash. I love seeing this character growth out of Gary.

Also, Gary's the epitome of cool in Pokemon. Without him, the show just wouldn't be the same.

#89- Raven
Teen Titans

I need to re-watch TT, because this show is not something that is vivid in my mind. I did enjoy TT when it was on air, but it's not something that has stuck with me over the years as a whole. But the ONE part of the show that has stuck with me for years...is Raven, the intelligent yet cynical team member of the Titans. From the beginning, she plays well off of Starfire, the bubbly extrovert of the team. With her being Starfire's foil, comedic moments ensue. Due to such moments, it makes Raven all the more likable because of the dynamic that she has to her team. Along with that, she has a POWERFUL arc. She has an experience where she has to reveal that the main villain of the show...is her very own father. She has all this pressure on her shoulders to take down her own father, while also fearing what her friends will think of her while ALL THE WHILE trying to avoid becoming like her father. At least, that's what I remember about her story...and it's glorious.

Yeah, Beast Boy and Robin and Cyborg and Starfire have their positives for sure...but Raven has the best character development in the original show and is the glue that holds TT together for me. I would like to re-watch at least some episodes at some point, especially to once again see the ~Raven experience~.

#88- Beth Latimer
Broadchurch

Broadchurch is my favorite mystery show ever. The drama is palpable, the storylines are anywhere from quite entertaining to absolutely perfect, and the cast of characters is filled with wonderfully developed characters. And, my 2nd favorite character from the show (so there is another member from Broadchurch on this list) is Beth Latimer.

Beth is the most tragic character on Broadchurch. In season 1, her own son is murdered and it's up to David Tennant's character of Alec Hardy, and Olivia Colemon's character of Ellie Miller to solve the mystery and learn to work with each other as detectives with quite different ways of accomplishing police and detective tasks. In the middle of all of this, Beth is dealing with a lot of emotional trauma with her own son being murdered and emotionally implodes throughout the show, and her raw emotion is acted BEAUTIFULLY by Jodie Whittaker. I've seldom seen such great acting in a television show, and I would argue that Jodie Whittaker deserved some kind of Oscar for her work in Broadchurch, or some kind of reward. She's arguably the most likable character on the show because she's SO EASY to feel sympathy toward because she's gone through hell and back.

#87- Tomoya Okazaki
Clannad

Yes, I will be referring to the anime version of Clannad, but this franchise started out as a Visual Novel. Thus, I gave the Visual Novel reference within the hint section. Anyway, Okazaki...

Okazaki, similar to the character before him, had to deal with a lot of loss and tragedy during the two seasons of the show (After Story stands out, but even during season 1 there was some loss involved). Off the top of my head, Okazaki had the Fuko incident where he did his best to help her (and things worked out) but it was still a big weight on his shoulders to bear. He then has to deal with even greater tense situations when his SO Nagisa grows frail and not well...

And then the biggest weight yet in his life...Nagisa dies when giving birth to their daughter. THIS is when I felt for Okazaki's character and he became one of my favorites, at first just due to sympathy. He was someone who was a little quiet and aloof in his early life, but grew into a fine young man who was very caring and loving toward Nagisa and polite around her family too...and he gets repayed by having his wife taken away from him, DESPITE how kind he's been towards her for many years at this point.

And then...it gets worse. His daughter dies just a few years later...just when one thinks that the pain is finally over, the writers decide to punish the audience AND Okazaki even more by ripping away everything he has left. He's sunken to an even lower low than before, and considering how he became much more vulnerable to unhealthy drinking and also bouts of depression once Nagisa passed...he was even deeper than rock bottom.

Thankfully, Nagisa and Ushio get resurrected and we see the family happily living together once more in the final moments of the show...but dang, despite that happy ending for Okazaki and his family, he had to suffer through a ton in order to reach that point. Thankfully, he does reach that point...but it's not without growth in endurance, patience, and strength along the way.

#86- Richie Tozier
IT

Richie <3 His sass is wonderful, and that's the main reason why I love the character so much. Despite being seen as the "nerd" of the group, he's got the most courage out of the Losers' Club when standing up to the bullies in the mini-series, especially the bully ring-leader in Henry. When I first watched the mini-series, I instantly fell in love with Richie's never-ending snark and wittiness. He was just fun to listen to, and it made him more likable! I will also always treasure the moment when he spills soda on the bully group's heads. :laugh: Richie has no chill, and it's absolutely BRILLIANT. He was obnoxious towards his rivals, but in the best of ways. He had this sarcastic, showy personality about him...but it was portrayed in comedic yet glorious ways. Without Richie, the bullies would've probably had a slightly easier time with bullying them...but with the bold, aggressive, sarcastic personality in Richie...he's more than willing to defend his friends and shield them from any harm coming their way. He's the heart and soul of the group, in my opinion.

#85- Alphonse Elric
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Al was my original favorite character in the FMA franchise, along with Izumi. While Edward is (of course) my favorite right now, Al will always hold a special place in my heart for playing a wonderful foil to his older brother Ed. While Ed is passionate and fiery in personality, Al has this quiet yet sweet and kind persona about him. He's not as quick thinking as Ed is, but he's remarkably intelligent on his own. He also helps keep Ed grounded when Ed's temper gets the better of him, and it's pretty neat to see how Al feels like he's the true older sibling in their brotherhood despite Ed being older by about a year. Al's got this nice personality that makes him likable from the beginning.

He also suffers from tragedy in his life. After the Elric brothers' mom dies and their deadbeat dad moves out, Al and Ed try to bring their mom back to life...which thus commits the gravest sin in alchemy. As punishment, Ed loses half his body...but still ends up better than Al, albeit BARELY better. Al loses his entire body and Ed is able to place Al's soul within a suit of armor at the last minute. From there, Ed vows to get Al's body back. While Al and Ed do make a stupid decision at this point, we see where Al still shows undying love for Ed, DESPITE Ed being completely fine with going through with such a grave error. Al's loyalty is unmatchable at this point in his life, and while there are bumps in the road, he still loves his brother and that kindness that Al is known for continues to shine through.

The Elrics do get their happy ending in that their home city is saved, Al gets his body back, Ed gets one of his limbs back, and all is at peace in the land once again. And, I'm over the moon that the Elrics got their happy ending...after all they suffered through, they deserved it.

(One more point of clarification: I'm referring to the Brotherhood version of Alphonse. I actually have a few issues with '03 Alphonse which cause me to like the Brotherhood version of the character much more, but that's for another time).

I'll do 84-81 tomorrow or something. I'm too tired atm to finish this chunk.​
Ah, a fellow Tomoya Okazaki fan!

He’s honestly my favorite Clannad character and one of my favorite fictional main protagonists overall. I absolutely loved his character development throughout Clannad and Clannad After Story. He’s also really relatable to the point I really felt for him when he experienced those hardships in life, and his ways of making friends and seeking out the best in others is something I can also connect with really well.

D

Deleted member

I’m sick of the Ultimate thread.
You are threated like a worthless thing even when you share the same thoughts as many of the users online.

Not matter what I do, they keep treating me like an idiot even when I support their arguments.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

No harm in trying!

----

Also, I started playing FFIX at the very least I'll try to have another FF title under my belt before VII gets released and will take up all of my free time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
No harm in trying!

----

Also, I started playing FFIX at the very least I'll try to have another FF title under my belt before VII gets released and will take up all of my free time.
I have actually never beaten a Final Fantasy game.

The closest I got was VII where I reached the Northern Crater, but then got cold feet actually beating the game because I really wanted to 100% it, but the last stuff I needed to do was RNG based stuff (basically, I wanted a Golden Chocobo) and I couldn't do it in a reasonable time before something else came out.
As expected my first attempt at Celica turned out to be a disaster. :V
View attachment 192726

As she is one of the prettiest and most elegant FE girls this kinda sucks. Gonna take a while to get used to her hair and outfit.
I tend to struggle when drawing hips, resulting in too thin girls.

And now I did a thicc af Celica by accident.
What even.
Hm... I'm going to give drawing Celica a shot.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Aww cute, the bonus chapter in the vol. 5 Splatoon manga has the Inklings as toddlers (before they could be humanoids).

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I found this video that discusses the Super Mario Maker 2 trailer and speculates on what we can do with some of the new additions. Y'all should watch it.
I was already in the process of watching it when you posted this.

Mostly because I'm already subscribed to Ceave Gaming.

I wonder if they'll have alternate music; like, say, allowing us to use Athletic themes (or the original NSMB Castle theme).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*Alright Malos, Xion may not be as good as a character as your memories let you think, you should perhaps accept that maybe, she was more of a blank plot device than anything else and the only thing that make her good in your eyes is your nostalgia from like 10 years ago and her theme song*

Okay I believe you malos.png

Sad Malos.jpg

I need hugs & friendship.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm so sorry Beowulf but my last save state was waaaaaaay too far back and you made the conscious decision to attack Finn knowing he had a Brave Lance.

I wanted to do a full recruitment run but I mean, it's not like you're living past the barbecue anyway...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't draw. I wish I can reciprocate my Yoshi love through art, but I just rely on others for that...

Breh, my unyielding love for Mythra made me get into this despite I was pure trash and unable to draw a single proper eye a while ago.

Do it for ya boi :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hey here's Amy.

*Alright Malos, Xion may not be as good as a character as your memories let you think, you should perhaps accept that maybe, she was more of a blank plot device than anything else and the only thing that make her good in your eyes is your nostalgia from like 10 years ago and her theme song*

I need hugs & friendship.
You can still like a character even if they weren't particularly treated well by the writers.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My best is 16th in Tetris 99 now.

(I don’t remember making this post but I put the rest of the sentence for context lol)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You can still like a character even if they weren't particularly treated well by the writers.
If only my brain would understand after the like, 50 times I said so while I was making this post.

I still feel like Xion as more to her characters than some peoples give her credits to (not to say she is amazing or something, but I still believe that she is overall decently writted for what the writter intented for her, compared to someone else atleast...>_>), but I don't feel confident enough in my belief to be 100% sure about those points, so I feel like I'm only liking her due to nostalgia and not much else (even though I do ton of research about the characters or even stories I like), which make feel scared to go into debate with others users about the subject, which make me feel overall pretty bad all around because I feel like I'm making everything harder for myself when really, I should be happy with the fact with what this character did to me when I was younger. Whatever the writter did a good job or not, I still know deep down that Xion is one of my favourite characters, Kairi with black hair or not.

Also, user with Riku as his avatar, did you know that Yen Sid name spelled backward is Disn-

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey here's Amy.

Heard Dance of the Oracle(one of Viola's themes) from SCV in the later half of the video. SCV has not been forgotten......./s

Regardless, Amy looks nice. One thing I appreciate is the fact that she doesn't appear to be wagging her sword around(which feels counter-intuitive to fencing) while idle compared to her SCIII and IV appearances. And the fact that Dance of the Oracle does play in the later half, I'm wondering if they are going to confirm whether or not Amy is or at least related to Viola, as I don't think it was ever confirmed, even in the books that gave more info about the SCV characters.

Chrono.

Heard Dance of the Oracle(one of Viola's themes) from SCV in the later half of the video. SCV has not been forgotten......./s

Regardless, Amy looks nice. One thing I appreciate is the fact that she doesn't appear to be wagging her sword around(which feels counter-intuitive to fencing) while idle compared to her SCIII and IV appearances. And the fact that Dance of the Oracle does play in the later half, I'm wondering if they are going to confirm whether or not Amy is or at least related to Viola, as I don't think it was ever confirmed, even in the books that gave more info about the SCV characters.
Don't know about that, but I do hope we can at least customize Amy to look like Viola.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Have I got a ****ing story for you guys.

So I just clocked out of work, and every time I do, I change outfits in the bathroom. I went into the stall and guess what was by the toilet paper?

A ****ING GUN.

I was scared ****less because I didn't know what to do in the situation. Suddenly, a dude barges in and tells me "Don't touch it! Its mine! I'm a State Trooper! Everything is okay!" And I'm sitting here having an anxiety attack. He takes his gun and leaves and I went home then, myself.

But Jesus man. A state trooper. A guy who's job is to keep the peace and he leaves his piece in the bathroom of a family restaurant. God damn it.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

So I just clocked out of work, and every time I do, I change outfits in the bathroom. I went into the stall and guess what was by the toilet paper?

A ****ING GUN.

I was scared ****less because I didn't know what to do in the situation. Suddenly, a dude barges in and tells me "Don't touch it! Its mine! I'm a State Trooper! Everything is okay!" And I'm sitting here having an anxiety attack. He takes his gun and leaves and I went home then, myself.

But Jesus man. A state trooper. A guy who's job is to keep the peace and he leaves his piece in the bathroom of a family restaurant. God damn it.
Jesus Christ. How do you forget your gun on the toilet?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

A ****ING GUN.

After looking up whether or not that's a case of criminal negligence on the part of the trooper, I found out that this kind of thing happens...a lot more often than it should, really...yikes.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm so sorry Beowulf but my last save state was waaaaaaay too far back and you made the conscious decision to attack Finn knowing he had a Brave Lance.

I wanted to do a full recruitment run but I mean, it's not like you're living past the barbecue anyway...
Beowulf isn't that good and I prefer Lachesis x Azelle anyway.

:p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Even the game thinks you should hook up Finn with Lachesis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom