• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I imagine this thread being more active during E3.
Nah...that’s what the evil Smash Social Thread is for...also...
With the confirmation that UA3 will definitely have DLC, I find the Fantastic Four highly likely to get in the game.

Hopefully Gwenpool gets a spot too.
You left out Jessica Jones and Punisher on accident

D

Deleted member

Thinkin' I might start hanging out around these parts more.

So hello, hiya, how y'all doing?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Caught up to Game of Thrones very recently:

Still not sure how I feel about Daenerys losing her **** and flying off the handle as she utterly destroyed King's Landing and killed countless innocents, especially given that her motive for it was never made clear in the episode. All I know now is, there's no way she's suited for the Iron Throne.

I am definitely disappointed with Cersei's death, though. There's so many other ways she could have perished and most would've been far better than this.

At least the Cleganebowl lived up to the hype, that's one major plus, imo.

What do some of you GoT fans around here think?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm working my way through playing two matches with every Smash Ultimate character online, and I'm basically done with the Melee roster and their echoes. I doubt it's just me, but it feels like it - I don't see what's so good about Marth, Roy, and their clones.

They have no horizontal recovery at all (and Chrom's vertical recovery is basically an instant death if you don't know exactly how far it will go), low stamina (I consistently die around 94 or 95%, compared to about 120 to 150% for other characters), the counter seems to require frame-perfect timing, and their side-B seems nearly useless. They have no ranged attacks, and the lack of a horizontal recovery leads to a lack of horizontal mobility. I just don't see the appeal, and I'm hoping that someone can explain why they're so good.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm working my way through playing two matches with every Smash Ultimate character online, and I'm basically done with the Melee roster and their echoes. I doubt it's just me, but it feels like it - I don't see what's so good about Marth, Roy, and their clones.

They have no horizontal recovery at all (and Chrom's vertical recovery is basically an instant death if you don't know exactly how far it will go), low stamina (I consistently die around 94 or 95%, compared to about 120 to 150% for other characters), the counter seems to require frame-perfect timing, and their side-B seems nearly useless. They have no ranged attacks, and the lack of a horizontal recovery leads to a lack of horizontal mobility. I just don't see the appeal, and I'm hoping that someone can explain why they're so good.
Simply put:

The sword. You put out a damaging killing move out there that covers 1/5 of Final Destination without risking your own limbs and you're gonna find it's a difficult match for a lot of other characters.

Except in the case of Roy where he's just pure rushdown and the sword disjoint is actually not that important compared to nuking people at 50%.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm reworking my E3 Bingo card thanks to the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct (thank goodness it's just 2 squares)

On one of them I can't decide if I put in "One Last Thing for Super Mario Maker 2" or "Pokémon Sword & Shield". Hmm...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watched Batman vs TMNT...as expected it was an awesome movie

Now if only Rise of the TMNT was as good...and if only we could get another awesome movie

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t know why so many super heroes have their first and last name start with the same letter but it just feels right.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know why so many super heroes have their first and last name start with the same letter but it just feels right.
Added Alliterative Appeal
Also so authors could remember their names more easily, apparently

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Stan Lee was working on about a dozen comics at once during the sixties (the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Daredevil, solo series for the founding Avengers along with the Avengers itself, X-Men, etc.), so that seemed like an easy way to remember the characters. It didn't always work - in a few cases, Bruce Banner was referred to as Bob Banner.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Or Spider-Man being referred to by the name of a completely different super-hero.

Seems to me Spider-Man has to deal with a lot of nasty **** in his life...turning into a spider aside

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
New Ducktales episodes...about Darkwing Duck...

...HOLY ****ING **** THAT **** WAS HELLA HYPE AS **** MAH GUYS!!!!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Still not sure how I feel about Daenerys losing her **** and flying off the handle as she utterly destroyed King's Landing and killed countless innocents, especially given that her motive for it was never made clear in the episode. All I know now is, there's no way she's suited for the Iron Throne.

I am definitely disappointed with Cersei's death, though. There's so many other ways she could have perished and most would've been far better than this.

I honestly didn't mind her going Mad Queen as the last episode did set up for it, but I do have to say they didn't really stick the landing with the twist. They didn't really give her a good reason to finally snap and go off the deep end since as you said, they didn't really make it clear why it happened and at that moment everything was going her way. She wiped out the Iron Fleet and got revenge for Rhaegal, her soldiers suffered few casualties if even that, and King's Landing had completely surrendered to her, so nothing justified the final push into madness. It felt rushed to say the least, and they should've either given more attention to her deteriorating mental state or give her something to get angry over like having Grey Worm get attacked and/or killed in the skirmish to make it more fitting.

I also agree that Cersei's death was disappointing. I have heard some counterpoints in that it played into her relationship with Jamie, but all in all I feel the biggest thing going against the moment is that it just doesn't feel satisfying. Something was truly missing to sell this final big moment for the character and the way she was left off doesn't really give her a proper conclusion, which hurts even more since she is one of the main villains of the show and the only one that has been around from the start. I also didn't like how Jamie was handled, particularly with his relationship with Brianne as well as his battle with Euron not having a proper effect despite the latter stating he gave him a fatal wound.

Cleganebowl was well done though, it was easily the highlight of the episode and it felt fitting of both brothers' arcs.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
New Ducktales episodes...about Darkwing Duck...

...HOLY ****ING **** THAT **** WAS HELLA HYPE AS **** MAH GUYS!!!!
Assuming you've seen the episode:

"They want "grim and gritty", huh? Happy to play the part..."

That Negaduck moment was the best.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Assuming you've seen the episode:

"They want "grim and gritty", huh? Happy to play the part..."

That Negaduck moment was the best.
I can’t believe they tricked people into thinking we had the real Darkwing Duck on the show as an actor, only for the real deal to appear in this episode...that’s some clever trickery...also Imma need the season finale to be about both the Moon people and Negaduck

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I don't watch GoT, but I've seen a LOT of hate thrown at season 8. To see a show that some have said is the best tv drama of all time, if not the best show of all time in general for the first few seasons, only to tank in season 8 is something to marvel. From what I heard from my peers, I get the frustration. Although, it would be crazy to see if the finale was just as bad as the rest of season 8. How would the writers wrap up and connect all the crazy stuff that has happened in season 8?

I'm not even a fan of the show but what's happening in season 8 is one of those pop culture phenomena that fascinates me and makes this onlooker want to see the development of what's to come.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Seems PETA's back at it again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom