• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
OH!

A Smash themed Splatfest is coming next weekend too!
Can't wait to hear what Pearl & Marina have to say
I can hear the "Wolf / Dark Pit / Dedede aren't real villains, they're anti-heroes" already.

They've all played bad guy at some point, btw. I think it's fair to include them.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not exactly. Where Piranha Plants uniqueness comes from is how different he is from other fighters in concept.

But my point wasn't that I don't think Sakurai couldn't make an axe or lance fighter unique, just that there's nothing about axes or lances that especially stands out about them compared to most other potential fighters. I'm not using the "no moveset potential" argument bevause that would be silly, it's moreso that I just don't think "this character would be so unique because they have a different type of pointy stick" is a really strong argument here either.
The thing about Axe fighting is that it's less like Swordplay more like moving a hammer.

An Axe Wielder would play more like Dedede than Marth, is what I'm saying.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OH!

OH HEY IT'S TIME FOR THE PERSON WHO MADE 450+ DAYS WORTH OF PIT SPAM IN SPLATOON 2 TO START SCREAMING OVER THE INTERNET

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can hear the "Wolf / Dark Pit / Dedede aren't real villains, they're anti-heroes" already.

They've all played bad guy at some point, btw. I think it's fair to include them.
Dark pit has never really played bad guy. He was always a hero that just preferred working alone

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Normally I would be part of that crowd but TBH in this specific case I can't get the mental image out of them joining the opposing Splatfest team -literally- just to spite Fox/ Pit / Kirby without actually caring that much about the theme.

Or at least that Dark Pit did and that this is a regular thing between the two because Splatoon being close enough to Light Vs. Dark in setup as it is they're probably playing this song and dance on a regular basis.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The thing about Axe fighting is that it's less like Swordplay more like moving a hammer.

An Axe Wielder would play more like Dedede than Marth, is what I'm saying.
Ike's sword plays more lime how I'd imagine an axe then DDD's hammer, swinging a heavy, powerful blade around in broad arcs. Of course he doesn't use it like a normal hammer anyway, having multiple attacks where he twirls it around. He's also got plenty of attacks where the hammer isn't the main focus, and some of the hammer attacks he does have feel a lot like sword moves. F-Smash and U-Smash especially are similar to Ike's and now Ganon's.
Dark pit has never really played bad guy. He was always a hero that just preferred working alone
Not really. He had it out for Pit just for the sake of it in Chapter 6 and later in the Lunar Sanctum. He's really a bad guy turned good.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ike's sword plays more lime how I'd imagine an axe then DDD's hammer, swinging a heavy, powerful blade around in broad arcs. Of course he doesn't use it like a normal hammer anyway, having multiple attacks where he twirls it around. He's also got plenty of attacks where the hammer isn't the main focus, and some of the hammer attacks he does have feel a lot like sword moves. F-Smash and U-Smash especially are similar to Ike's and now Ganon's.
I wasn't literally saying an Axe-wielder would play exactly like Dedede, what I meant was that using an Axe requires big swinging motions, like Dedede's Forward Smash(?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only thing I have to say about Bethesda at this point is that the writing has been on the wall for years. I'm not surprised they ended up like this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK but this is literally my headcanon right now.

Most of the actual villains and heroes that oppose them don't even have a reason to care about the Splatfest, but Fox figures a little time trying Turf War out would make some fun casual combat practice, Kirby just sees a vague fun situation going down and wants in, and Pit doesn't even need an excuse because LOL Light Vs. Dark.

Cue Wolf, Dedede, and Dark Pit straight up signing up out of spite.

It's not even about the Splatfest theme for these guys it's just straight up these pairs of characters getting into it in an actual Splatfest.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The only thing I have to say about Bethesda at this point is that the writing has been on the wall for years. I'm not surprised they ended up like this.
What writing on what wall?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, Fallout 76's problems go beyond just being a bad game now.
I sincerely hope this Fallout 76 situation will strike Bethesda’s ego down a notch.

Releasing extremely buggy games and leaving it to fan mods to fix them has always rubbed me the wrong way. This situation was a long time coming.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What writing on what wall?
Bethesda has been putting out buggy, unfinished, and dated games, made on a dated engine, for years now.

People kept eating them up and hyping them up as "the single-player saviours in a world of online multiplayer games" when that was never the case.

But as time went on the company kept getting bigger and more AAA and despite that their quality control never improved.

Yet somehow people are surprised that a company that has constantly put out unfinished products that objectively aren't that great and have been made big shots because people kept giving them money for broken messes, has put out another broken mess and because they're big now, they felt they could afford to do things like go for a micro-transaction infested multiplayer experience and false advertise their collector's editions and stuff.

Tell me more lies, Todd. Tell me more sweet little lies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
what do people think of this mysterious empty slot in this ad that came out?

To me it’s like the box and it seeks me more on their being a character reveal tomorrow to really rev up sales

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

To me it’s like the box and it seeks me more on their being a character reveal tomorrow to really rev up sales
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I wasn't expecting a reveal tomorrow, but considering Box Theory panned out and how this is set up that IS curious.

I'm still not gonna -expect- a reveal at the Game Awards, but I'll definitely keep an ever so slightly closer eye on it now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
OH!

Team Heroes for me!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Team Heroes for me...
Pit Chipper.png

Welcome aboard!

And hey, you don't need to sound all reluctant like that! Splatfests are all fun n' gun, after all! And you know, no wildly dangerous life or death stakes to worry about.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 181737

Welcome aboard!

And hey, you don't need to sound all reluctant like that! Splatfests are all fun n' gun, after all! And you know, no wildly dangerous life or death stakes to worry about.
I wasn't being reluctant at all.
I just have a tendency to end my sentences with the three dots...
It's a weird little quirk of mine.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a character reveal at the Game Awards. It makes sense. They want to entice people to buy the Fighters Pass for the game launching after the show, so what better way than to reveal it's first fighter where everyone is watching?

I'm also expecting a big character if this is the case, like a third party.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man Laegjarn VS Hrid is so close.

Laegjarn deserves justice but I won't be too mad about it since it means I can forget about FE Heroes for Smash weekend.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dark Pit has never been a villian, which makes that last claim wrongo bongo. The two times he fights Pit he did it alone to get inside his head, and then was hired by Arlon (who isn’t a villian) to fight and defeat his superior...none of those things makes him a villian...

...add those with the four times Pittoo helped Pit deal with something (and the time Pit saved his little bro)...and you get someone who isn’t even close to being a villian

Wolf and DeDeDe can get the slide
OK but this is literally my headcanon right now.

Most of the actual villains and heroes that oppose them don't even have a reason to care about the Splatfest, but Fox figures a little time trying Turf War out would make some fun casual combat practice, Kirby just sees a vague fun situation going down and wants in, and Pit doesn't even need an excuse because LOL Light Vs. Dark.

Cue Wolf, Dedede, and Dark Pit straight up signing up out of spite.

It's not even about the Splatfest theme for these guys it's just straight up these pairs of characters getting into it in an actual Splatfest.
Pit joined without reading what he was signing up for, Kirby wants to eat the ink, Pittoo wants to win, Fox and Wolf just wanna be even better at shooting than they already are, and Mario wants to make Splatoon a Mario game again
Team Heroes for me!
View attachment 181737

Welcome aboard!

E077F49D-F7E8-4036-B0B0-E956BD551CCB.jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
♪ IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! ♪
It's awesome how they have both the Smash version of Mega Man, and the Mega Man 11 tweaked design. They each have some things that I like about each.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You forgot the best part.

He isn't even making it, or any company affiliated or contracted by him.

They're literally just buying those third party consoles with emulators and roms on them, OFF OF ALIEXPRESS, and selling them again as "souljaconsoles".

Beautiful.
One small step for soujakind, one big leap for emulationkind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom